Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Unread 01-29-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
If Cancer is the strongest that would mean Water and Cardinal are the strongest combination which would mean Fire Cardinal Aries, Air Cardinal Libra, and Earth Cardinal Capricorn are stronger than Leo, Sagittarius, Gemini, Aquarius, and Taurus and Virgo.

I think Fixed is stronger than Cardinal and Mutable. Harder to decide than the elements though.
Nah thatís fixed propaganda

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Love2Know For This Useful Post:
Boston Guy (01-29-2018), Ukpoohbear (01-30-2018)
Unread 01-29-2018, 03:49 PM

Re: What signs tend to do well against Scorpios in power struggles and confrontations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Nah thatís fixed propaganda
Fixed propaganda hahaa

Here are the combinations

Fixed - Leo, Scorpio Taurus

Mutable - Sagittarius, Pisces, Virgo

Cardinal - Aries, Cancer, Capricorn

I might do a poll. Mutable seems the weakest which is funny because it is most like Water the agreed strongest element.
Unread 01-29-2018, 03:50 PM
Banned

Re: What signs tend to do well against Scorpios in power struggles and confrontations

Quote:
If Scorpio is the strongest that would mean water and fixed are the strongest are the strongest combination. To find the next strongest sign you would need to decide whether the element or mode is the most dominant.

I agree water is the strongest element because it can be seen in nature. Water can move Earth, extinguish fire and not let Wind move it.

The modes are fixed, cardinal and mutable.

Water fixed Scorpio

Water mutable Pisces

Water cardinal Cancer

If Fixed is the strongest then Fire fixed (Leo), Earth fixed Taurus and Air fixed Aquarius would be stronger than Pisces and Cancer.
I don't think it should work like that. Astrology is not maths and signs are not equations. Fixed signs are not necessarily the strongest ones. Neither are cardinal signs nor mutable. The strength can be only evaluated in comparison. I personally don't necessarily think that Scorpio is the strongest sign but judging by the muchacho's quote, one could come to such conclusion. I actually think Cancers can beat Scorpios lol.
Unread 01-29-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Flare View Post
I don't think it should work like that. Astrology is not maths and signs are not equations. Fixed signs are not necessarily the strongest ones. Neither are cardinal signs nor mutable. The strength can be only evaluated in comparison. I personally don't necessarily think that Scorpio is the strongest sign but judging by the muchacho's quote, one could come to such conclusion. I actually think Cancers can beat Scorpios lol.
Yeah I was just trying to come to a conclusion about all the questions about strongest and Scorpio obsession.

I personally love the Leo and Libra energy especially together.
Unread 01-29-2018, 04:36 PM
Banned

AstroAssist

Quote:
Been doing a great deal of reading of Scorpio placements and it seems like Mars in Scorpio is an even better placement than Mars in Aries, they say the sign is indestructible but I believe everyone has their weakness and every sign has its weakness.

My question is, what signs are naturally made to defeat Scorpio placements when it comes to power struggles and confrontations?
Sad to hear you wish to regaile yourself (be careful) by developing a soldier's stance against the Mars Scorpio (watch out) scientific truth advocate, detective type, (possibility of this type of course is much dependant upon other placements within the map).

You ask what signs of Mars or other factoring placements will assail the Mars Scorpio butcher-war charioter, soldier, (hitting the mark like Robin Hood no matter what!) tremendous vehement anger type (Key words of : Taurus, Leo, Aquarius fixed sign refiner's element to the Mars Scorpio) when the smaller folk or the underdog is affronted?

Believe it is the sweet grace of a one (Virgo, Taurus, Libra, Pisces elements) whom lends a soft voice, extended hand in the face of tumult with enough intelligence..stamina bravery-with eyes riveted unto the Mars Scorpio piercing gaze; while engaged in the opposition (ah the key) against the sword welding hellion (one would think) Mars in Scorpio.

A mars in Aries would help to reprove the Mars Scorpio, but..(only from personal experience mind you) with additional challenging Libra/Taurus placements in the map against the Mars Scorpio challenger.

About Leo/Mars have known the Mars Scorpio to feign (quincunx is an adjusting energy they share; they recognize the fate right off the bat towards each other) the Leo Mars as mentioned above only bc they are more accepted in a world of identity recognition, that same wish is secretly the aim of the Mars in Scorpio type, but only on a different level of acceptance. (Madam Curry not with standing)

The Mars Aries or Mars/Leo is not always right mind you but bc Sun is the fire-force of life, (dignified Mars in Aries: Sun exalted here & Mars shares same fire triplicity in Leo Lord Sun) he will not be denied in one way or ta other in the world politic.

To my understanding the opposition placements that would rise above the horizon in the map of the individual 'unfortunately against' the Mars Scorpio (i.e.; the achilles heel that will be the force that would make fall the Scorpio/Mars is the Mars/Scorpio recognition of soft grace, about the lamb/or of a genuine sweet nature, unassuming that accedes against the Scorpio: I say accede bc when Scorpio sees a strength on a spiritual level give way, the Scorpio recognizes it as consideration or acceptance of value (?)-deferring the label of one thought of as hellish.) will prevail bc they have earned that position (my belief) by some other performance or learning capability involving personal strife within another life experience, to rise above Mars/Pluto Scorpio, change is felt by Scorpio and is ministered & delivered by a higher force of awareness.

An armed affront (attack) rather than making an appeal by factual testimony wishing to contribute a rational so that a connection should be embraced by the one attempting to join in collaboration to improve-to solve a quandry, is what Scorpio already knows as his own, his nature is looking for those qualities he is lacking, Libra/Venus. Scorpio 8th is the future 2nd house development 'after' the 7th of spiritual kindredness is awakened; do you see..for the 7th house is a 12th house disappointing placement from 8th as 1st house signature reference.

Guilt drives the Scorpio in this world, an understanding of failure on many levels of higher life experience's (Pluto rules the underworld where sin is paid for on a spiritual refiner's fire level.) Mars is dignified as Pluto in Scorpio for they serve a purpose, but that purpose is malefic in nature. They are catalyst as necessary sifting tools.

Mars in Scorpio knows all too well the rites or reason to be sent to this (one would think) eternally dark domain..yet how can that be-I should think not, for did not Christ overcome Hell (Pluto/Mars) to redeem? It is the recognition of the lamb entering into this dark place with such a light step that defeats the Mars Scorpio, 'to bow the knee' only then to rise at the behest of the saving grace, sweetness truth that is saving.

To truly see the eyes of Scorpio Mars one should shudder; it is charity that gives the ability to fathom the darkest pit. Demonstrating frailty on an inner spiritual core, is the energy that will defeat Mars/Scorpio type, should you be aware of the craft needful though, you will possibly embrace that same dark nature of vengeance Scorpio has to offer up that you should apply to defeat the Mars in Scorpio, so beware. Mars in Scorpio wishes to be redeemed to be forgiven-to be able to rise, perceiving the mote within his own eye, to see the fault within himself he improves his station once again striving for heavenly quarters to be reborn as the Easter bunny lighter Aries Mars.

If you have planets in Taurus above the horizon that 'oppose' (a force of two great energies meeting lagur head-one force - say Mars vs Venus ruling principle)=Scorpio vs Taurus; each force boils back against the other, serving to separate (opposition aspect) or bring to light of day by the opposition energy differing values appear, which need to be apart from each other to understand the value each hold integral to itself-that one will be able to integrate the opposite polarity into its own makeup. Improvement most often prevails after such a meeting, for one comes to a realization of sorts to understand the things that are lacking by its refining process. Scorpio Mars speaks about the light of Saint Michael..(thinking Michael was a Virgo with Aries, Libra, Sagittarius & Saturn Capricorn placements? lol..); Saint Michael to the best of my understanding reigned in the period of the Giants and as a dark angel was not able to enter heaven but served beneath the heavens of his Father's final grace.

Rise above the Mars in Scorpio by stepping back..the guilt alone at some time, maybe not right away mind you..will bring the Scorpio back to you to yet try again with a different point of view..wishing to gain what you would have them learn from you (grace, child like/faith in a mustard seed/ trust, innocence=truth=dazzling white light, Uranus in Scorpio that rises above the Science of Man..Faith that ascends above material reasoning to see the face of Abba=Mars/Sun/Pluto)..

"Twas beauty that killed the beast." King Kong & Faye Ray as the Actor announced..what was his name anyway (LOl)..the director-script author was wise.

Last edited by DidyMusSimpleSimon7; 01-29-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Unread 01-29-2018, 05:42 PM

Hey Vryi is back
Unread 01-30-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
That's a great quote to be honest, but I don't see how it could be interpreted that Pisces is the strongest sign (even if you meant it as a joke). Pisces are not persistent unlike Scorpios and they won't wash over the same rock until it wears away. After all, it takes quite a lot of time. So... judging by this quote, it seems that Scorpio really is the most powerful sign.
I'd say it depends on your definition of 'strong'. In the context of the quote it's definitely Pisces and not Scorpio. Scorpio is not soft and yielding.
Unread 01-31-2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmytwothumbs View Post
Mars Leo or Mars Pisces.
Mars Scorpio depends too much on Mars Leo so won't fight because it could mean losing what they need. Mars Pisces doesn't want anything from Mars Scorpio but welcomes anything from Mars Scorpio. Mars Scorpio has no power over Mars Pisces
Mars Aries or Mars Gemini are Stalemates.
Meaning they probably don't have much to fight about individually at least it would take a 3rd party Mars or other aspects to get a conflict.
Speaking from family experience.
But it's also simple patterns. Forward trine is always superior backward square is where weaknesses are exploited.

Funny, I'm a mars in Pisces and kno many mars in Scorpio people, my Pisces mars always see through any mars in Scorpio secret manipulation plays, always makes them paranoid because they can feel that they see so they seem to then act right.... lol seem to make the dissolve and start acting emotionally guilty
Unread 02-01-2018, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTruthSeeker View Post
Funny, I'm a mars in Pisces and kno many mars in Scorpio people, my Pisces mars always see through any mars in Scorpio secret manipulation plays, always makes them paranoid because they can feel that they see so they seem to then act right.... lol seem to make the dissolve and start acting emotionally guilty
Wow. I can relate to this 150% I am mars in pisces too, and see through them miles away
Unread 02-01-2018, 04:46 AM

It's curious to me that people equate stubbornness with strength. Stubbornness implies inability to adapt to the inevitable changes reality brings and insist on ones own ways despite the fact they may ONLY be working in the fixed person's mind
Real strength comes with adaptability and ability to create in any circumstance whatsoever rather than to insist on previous, possibly defective ways. In reality, stubbornness gives the superficial air of strength only
Unread 02-01-2018, 04:51 AM

Onto the actual topic, tho. The OP seems to be about power in an external sense, as in outright fighting for it. But my Mars in Virgo will take power all the while whoever I'm fighting against may be fully unaware. It's more calculated more, 'yeah yeah, whatever you say, but I'm gonna do what I wanna do anyway so keep screaming'
Unread 02-01-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
It's curious to me that people equate stubbornness with strength. Stubbornness implies inability to adapt to the inevitable changes reality brings and insist on ones own ways despite the fact they may ONLY be working in the fixed person's mind
Real strength comes with adaptability and ability to create in any circumstance whatsoever rather than to insist on previous, possibly defective ways. In reality, stubbornness gives the superficial air of strength only
This is onto something else I've noticed... People who seem sure of themselves fake others into believing what they say is truth like they're some kind of prophet. You see through the facade, the fixed persona has its whole cover blown
Unread 02-01-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
This is onto something else I've noticed... People who seem sure of themselves fake others into believing what they say is truth like they're some kind of prophet. You see through the facade, the fixed persona has its whole cover blown
Yes I have noticed this too. It is like when you have a boss at work and she or he doesnít know howís to do their job properly and so the team doesnít work well together due to bad decision. I think thatís why planets at the top of a chart have gifts for success in the real world and these planets are the ones more visible to the public perception. Idea the bottom of the chart shows difficult the person will cause conflict. Or a person can have a good reputation when they cause conflicts but manage to still have a good perception of their behaviours. Energy is very subtle and there can be more complicated things going on that what is generally seen.

1st chart is included in this although the 7th chart isnít less so as it isnít leading to the top cart. Likewise the 12th house behaves like a bottom chart house as it isnít close to 1 and less like other top houses.
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:43 AM
Banned

Man, seems like we keep jumping back and forth from no one to someone. Scorpio worship among modern astrologers is a real thing.
Unread 02-13-2018, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmytwothumbs View Post
From personal experience, I have mars leo and people with Mars Scorpio have fought me but always apologize immediately, especially because its so easy for Leo to not get worked up about what Mars in Scorpio is. Scorpio realizes they actually really enjoy Mars in leo and make the effort to do things their way. They also depend a lot on the emotional and material support of someone with Mars in Leo. Also, there's nothing Mars in Scorpio can do or say to someone with Mars in leo except puff their ego and make them feel better about themselves. Even if it's meant to insult them. I have a lot of relationships with Mars in Scorpio on being with my father who has literally tried to fist fight me many times and has kicked me out a couple times all to beg for my forgiveness. Same with my wife except she doesn't try to fight me, I just have to with hold sex and Scorpio goes nuts, with my son, if I'm distant because he's being rude or anything to me. He always brings me stuff and tries to impress me tp make me laugh and get me on his good side again. They are all exactly square with my mars.

Lol I Have a Mars In Libra In the 5th house and Some chick with a Mars In Cancer And me started fighting because she called me a ***** at my mans house and I remember Afterwards her trying To Give me advise with my life and trying to be my friend, My Mars Is In 5th house(house of Leo), and Iíll make It known to anybody I donít like em, And I wonít befriend somebody I Fought, I think Itís My Inner Lion not settling for a Trashy two-faced Person. My Pride and Ego Is definitely tied Into My Mars, I canít even 🤣
The Following User Says Thank You to Evex11 For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (02-13-2018)
Unread 02-13-2018, 04:53 AM

Cancers win!
Unread 02-13-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroAssist View Post
Been doing a great deal of reading of Scorpio placements and it seems like Mars in Scorpio is an even better placement than Mars in Aries, they say the sign is indestructible but I believe everyone has their weakness and every sign has its weakness.

My question is, what signs are naturally made to defeat Scorpio placements when it comes to power struggles and confrontations?
Interesting how so may ppl claim to have power struggles with scorpio ppl yet I have found them to be the most easy going of all the zodiacs. Perhaps this is because my ascendant is scorpio. I have found Taurus types to be the most difficult with power struggles cos they just dig their heels in and flat out refuse and are oppositional for no legitimate reason. So I would say opposing planets do best with the power struggle eg: Taurus would challenge scorpio and scorpio cant keep using the same strategies they use if they want to control someone.
Unread 02-13-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:

If Cancer is the strongest that would mean
Water and Cardinal are the strongest combination
which would mean Fire Cardinal Aries, Air Cardinal Libra, and Earth Cardinal Capricorn
are stronger than Leo, Sagittarius, Gemini, Aquarius, and Taurus and Virgo.

I think Fixed is stronger than Cardinal and Mutable.
Harder to decide than the elements though.
Quote:
I don't think it should work like that. Astrology is not maths and signs are not equations.
Fixed signs are not necessarily the strongest ones.
Neither are cardinal signs nor mutable.

The strength can be only evaluated in comparison.
I personally don't necessarily think that Scorpio is the strongest sign
but judging by the muchacho's quote, one could come to such conclusion.
I actually think Cancers can beat Scorpios lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post

No sign is intrinsically strong or weak.
It is made so by the planets in it (or the lack thereof,)
and by its position amidst the house cusps.

Just for example, as the mutable water sign, we might see Pisces as "weak"
but if someone has Pisces in the 10th house with the MC, sun and Jupiter (domiciled) there
with Jupiter trining the (domiciled) moon in Cancer,
Mr. Pisces has a lot of strength in this situation.
Much more so than the sun intercepted in Scorpio (fixed water) in the 12th house.

You get the picture.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...530#post662530
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post

There is no such thing as a weak sign.

There are weak placements, but no weak signs.

Signs are neutral.
They have descriptions, sure, like human, mute, violent, bestial, fertile, barren, crooked, long ascending, and on and on,
but at the end of the day, the signs are neutral.

It's the planets both in and that rule them that bring them to life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyoctober View Post

Hi

There are No weak sun signs.

To say there is, it is belittling astrology.

There are natal charts that indicate a weak personality.

Charts lack of hard aspects,
(especially from saturn to personal planets)
with full of trines and sextiles may point to a weak person.

when there are tough transits, they easily feel depressed and they become paralyzed and Can't cope with problems.
Because,they are not familiar to that kind of stressful energy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post

"there is no such thing as a weak sign"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
waybread (02-15-2018)
Unread 02-13-2018, 04:55 PM

I can see you have highlighted the use of the word strength, so I thought I would quote an old quote from myself which puts to the rest the debate about hierarchy in the signs.

Quote:
The planets are symbols of different type of strength or intelligence!

sun - ego
moon - emotion
mercury - mind
venus - heart
mars - physical
jupiter - spiritual

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 02-13-2018 at 04:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-13-2018)
Unread 02-13-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:

I can see you have highlighted the use of the word strength
so I thought I would quote an old quote from myself
which puts to the rest the debate about hierarchy in the signs.

for beginners
to be clear then
a Sign is comparable to an ENVIRONMENT and is NEUTRAL
and is neither weak nor strong nor partial

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenderoja View Post

Thank you. Signs have no power, planets do.

and so
to use an analogy from nature:
a cactus thrives in sand in harsh sun
and dies when placed in nutrient rich soil in shade

i.e.
sand is NEUTRAL
sand IS NOT partial to cacti

similarly SIGNS are IMPARTIAL and NEUTRAL
neither strong nor weak

another example:

a mushroom thrives when placed in nutrient rich soil in darkness
and dies when placed in sand in harsh sun

i.e. to be clear then
nutrient rich ground is NEUTRAL and is not PARTIAL to mushrooms

similarly SIGNS are IMPARTIAL and NEUTRAL
Signs are COMPARABLE to an ENVIRONMENT
an environment is IMPARTIAL

clearly

SIGNS are neither weak nor strong
Signs are NEUTRAL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 02-14-2018, 02:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Interesting how so may ppl claim to have power struggles with scorpio ppl yet I have found them to be the most easy going of all the zodiacs. Perhaps this is because my ascendant is scorpio. I have found Taurus types to be the most difficult with power struggles cos they just dig their heels in and flat out refuse and are oppositional for no legitimate reason. So I would say opposing planets do best with the power struggle eg: Taurus would challenge scorpio and scorpio cant keep using the same strategies they use if they want to control someone.
I completely disagree, most Scorpios I have met are power hungry hypocrites who cannot be trusted and are quite deceiving. It is my goal before I leave this forum to find every single weakness of that very sign in a power struggle.
The Following User Says Thank You to AstroAssist For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (02-24-2018)
Unread 02-15-2018, 08:48 PM

My late mother was a Scorpio. She died suffering from depression. My 15-month old adorable grandson is a Scorpio. Are you calling them "power hungry hypocrites"?

Astro Assist, can you just possibly get by now that you do not understand very much astrology? And probably less about human nature? You've had a lot of advice here, with JA finding passages from the vault that confirm that there is no point in sticking to some kind of pop-schlock astrology, because that isn't how the real astrology actually works.

So you're a Leo whose pride has been terribly wounded, and you construe life as a zero-sum game. Wouldn't these be the places to start your analysis?

Truly, there is nobody else out there. All of the signs and planets are within you. But some of what's in you, you dislike and pasted it on your boss. Try owning your "inner Pluto" and see what happens.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 02-15-2018, 09:40 PM

If youíre going to Ďlabelí a Sign you should Look at what negative Aspects you have In your Natal Chart, Seems like more of a personal Issue If youíre directly bashing one sign for no reason 👀
The Following User Says Thank You to Evex11 For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (02-18-2018)
Unread 02-18-2018, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroAssist View Post
I completely disagree, most Scorpios I have met are power hungry hypocrites who cannot be trusted and are quite deceiving. It is my goal before I leave this forum to find every single weakness of that very sign in a power struggle.
Scorpios love sex. The obvious weakness then would be being cheated on. They like being able to go after what they want. So getting in their way would weaken them. However a smart Scorpio will always find a way around that. Thatís the lesson and power of Scorpio.
Unread 02-18-2018, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evex11 View Post
If youíre going to Ďlabelí a Sign you should Look at what negative Aspects you have In your Natal Chart, Seems like more of a personal Issue If youíre directly bashing one sign for no reason 👀
I was just thinking this.

Tags
confrontations, power, scorpios, signs, struggles, tend