Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 09-29-2016, 07:56 PM
Merlyn's Avatar
Merlyn Merlyn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 23
Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

I'm interested in the experiences of other people with a Sagittarius/Gemini nodal axis (I suppose in either direction).

Gem. on the north node - how one processes information

Sag. on the north node - the synthesis of information


I have Sagittarius on my north node (3H), with a square to Jupiter in Virgo (12H). I can be a big know-it-all, with something to say in every situation. I also obsess over information, questioning whether an article, philosophy, healthy regime, or someone else's perspective is indeed the answer to all of my programs. From there, I consider reprogramming my way of life in accord with the new information, before I eventually snap out of it. Mercury is on my AC (12H) in a square to Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn (3H).

Following my north node, I listen to both my inner and outer world, sensitive to the whole experience. This sensitivity, rather than information or a philosophy from outside of me, becomes my spiritual foundation. Mercury no longer asserts that I am right, but is now simply a conduit, as I am sensitive to the messages of the Universe and the vibrations which resonate from inside of me.

I'm still young, but I find that both of these perceptions (north and south node) exist simultaneously. It's important for me to strengthen habits of listening in order to cultivate my north node. From here, I recognize that I do not know the truth, but rather channel the truth through song and sensitivity.

What are other people's experiences like? Perhaps we can synthesize a more concise definition for these signs on the nodal axis.

__________________
Libra AC, Libra Sun, Scorpio Moon/Venus

https://merlynsvault.wordpress.com

Last edited by Merlyn; 09-29-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-29-2016, 08:12 PM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,471
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

oopsie---came to reply to your well thought out post about NN in sag and it went poof?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Merlyn (09-29-2016)
  #3  
Unread 09-29-2016, 08:24 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
I'm interested in the experiences of other people with a Sagittarius/Gemini nodal axis (I suppose in either direction).

Gem. on the north node - how one processes information

Sag. on the north node - the synthesis of information


I have Sagittarius on my north node (3H), with a square to Jupiter in Virgo (12H). I can be a big know-it-all, with something to say in every situation. I also obsess over information, questioning whether an article, philosophy, healthy regime, or someone else's perspective is indeed the answer to all of my programs. From there, I consider reprogramming my way of life in accord with the new information, before I eventually snap out of it. Mercury is on my AC (12H) in a square to Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn (3H).

Following my north node, I listen to both my inner and outer world, sensitive to the whole experience. This sensitivity, rather than information or a philosophy from outside of me, becomes my spiritual foundation. Mercury no longer asserts that I am right, but is now simply a conduit, as I am sensitive to the messages of the Universe and the vibrations which resonate from inside of me.

I'm still young, but I find that both of these perceptions (north and south node) exist simultaneously. It's important for me to strengthen habits of listening in order to cultivate my north node. From here, I recognize that I do not know the truth, but rather channel the truth through song and sensitivity.

What are other people's experiences like? Perhaps we can synthesize a more concise definition for these signs on the nodal axis.
As you pointed out in another thread, I too have this nodal axis. The way I feel about information and how I communicate it is very similar to you. I too can be a know-it-all. I find that I do that much more in writing than in person. I'm much more effective at being helpful when I can get out of the way of the message I'm communicating.

Even at my age (42) I still say too much and fail to listen sometimes. It's not that I feel I KNOW, but rather I get defensive when I feel unheard. There's an urgency to engage, even as something inside me DOES NOT want to engage. I was an extremely shy, quiet child, and spent about the first 20 years of my life being told. Once I found my voice it became difficult to shut up.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 09-29-2016, 09:20 PM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,471
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

My younger brother had his NN in Sag in the 2nd house. He strongly believed in ethics and morals and was a crusader for justice and a lover of philosophy.

It being in the 2nd, he was a bit too adamant about things however. And although he was very highly intelligent, he was also a schizophrenic. So much of what he espoused, was a bit crazy. And he had voices in his head which distorted his logic.

When someone would first meet him, they would be amazed at how well read and intelligent he was. But then he would go on and on and on, until they needed to get away, and then, sensing they were leaving, he sometimes released 'the hounds'--as he jokingly called them. His inner demons.

He had a pretty good sense of humor about his diagnosis. And when he was on his meds then he could be really philosophical about it and talk about being able to see things in his own unique way, outside of the box. He thought it gave him some freedom to be able to live on SSI disability and just read and hang out in the park with his friends from the halfway house. They discussed world events and politics and philosophy quite passionately. And he argued intently if he disagreed, which he did often.

He had the Sun/Pluto/Mars ALL at 25 Leo. For real. A three way exact conjunction. So he was very obstinate, to put it mildly.

So I think his NN in Sag helped him immensely. Because when he was talking and thinking about Sag concerns, and about spirituality and cultural norms and ideals, he was a bright, spirited soul. He passed away last month and I think he was relieves to be set free.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 09-29-2016, 10:43 PM
Merlyn's Avatar
Merlyn Merlyn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 23
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
My younger brother had his NN in Sag in the 2nd house. He strongly believed in ethics and morals and was a crusader for justice and a lover of philosophy.

It being in the 2nd, he was a bit too adamant about things however. And although he was very highly intelligent, he was also a schizophrenic. So much of what he espoused, was a bit crazy. And he had voices in his head which distorted his logic.

When someone would first meet him, they would be amazed at how well read and intelligent he was. But then he would go on and on and on, until they needed to get away, and then, sensing they were leaving, he sometimes released 'the hounds'--as he jokingly called them. His inner demons.

He had a pretty good sense of humor about his diagnosis. And when he was on his meds then he could be really philosophical about it and talk about being able to see things in his own unique way, outside of the box. He thought it gave him some freedom to be able to live on SSI disability and just read and hang out in the park with his friends from the halfway house. They discussed world events and politics and philosophy quite passionately. And he argued intently if he disagreed, which he did often.

He had the Sun/Pluto/Mars ALL at 25 Leo. For real. A three way exact conjunction. So he was very obstinate, to put it mildly.

So I think his NN in Sag helped him immensely. Because when he was talking and thinking about Sag concerns, and about spirituality and cultural norms and ideals, he was a bright, spirited soul. He passed away last month and I think he was relieves to be set free.
Holy cow, 1955? It looks like Venus was there too, and in a trine to the north node. That's a dense point to take apart.

Something that sticks out to me is the square from Jupiter to Saturn, which perhaps would have made it difficult to admit the deeper importance of what was being discussed in the conversation. With the Gemini south node, we are Mercurial simply out of habit.

Was your brother's Saturn in the 4th house?

Your description reminds me a bit of myself... I think I've teetered on the edge of insanity at certain points in my life, and have fortunately recognized how deeply I've gone, in order to pull myself back a bit. Other Sag. north node friends of mine have not been so lucky, many being diagnosed with schizophrenia, serotonin syndrome, and other conditions. There has been so much stimuli in the 20th and 21st centuries that it's been both a blessing and a curse for folks with Sag/Gem signatures.
__________________
Libra AC, Libra Sun, Scorpio Moon/Venus

https://merlynsvault.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-29-2016, 10:48 PM
Merlyn's Avatar
Merlyn Merlyn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 23
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
I was an extremely shy, quiet child, and spent about the first 20 years of my life being told. Once I found my voice it became difficult to shut up.
That would be a little after the first nodal return, interesting! You have the Sun conjunct the south node, I remember, so your "center of gravity" is going to be emanating from that point. I think that my advice for myself would be useful for you, as well. Practice listening, and don't always give-in to the voice that feels as if it has something to say.
__________________
Libra AC, Libra Sun, Scorpio Moon/Venus

https://merlynsvault.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merlyn For This Useful Post:
Witchyone (09-29-2016)
  #7  
Unread 09-29-2016, 11:41 PM
Witchyone's Avatar
Witchyone Witchyone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,376
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
That would be a little after the first nodal return, interesting! You have the Sun conjunct the south node, I remember, so your "center of gravity" is going to be emanating from that point. I think that my advice for myself would be useful for you, as well. Practice listening, and don't always give-in to the voice that feels as if it has something to say.
Yes, and that's all in the first house. I feel sort of like I was let out of the bag. People who only knew me as a child are surprised to meet me now. I'm compulsively opinionated in spurts on social media, a quality I actually dislike in myself, but I keep doing it. I still think of myself as shy, though, and I still am upon first meeting people.

What year is the first nodal return?

Thanks for the advice. "Just STFU and listen" is one of my mantras. I almost resisted responding to this post, but I wanted to ask you what readings you would suggest on nodes.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-29-2016, 11:49 PM
Merlyn's Avatar
Merlyn Merlyn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 23
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
Yes, and that's all in the first house. I feel sort of like I was let out of the bag. People who only knew me as a child are surprised to meet me now. I'm compulsively opinionated in spurts on social media, a quality I actually dislike in myself, but I keep doing it. I still think of myself as shy, though, and I still am upon first meeting people.

What year is the first nodal return?

Thanks for the advice. "Just STFU and listen" is one of my mantras. I almost resisted responding to this post, but I wanted to ask you what readings you would suggest on nodes.
I remember mine happening as I entered university, around 18.

My library isn't extensive, learning things here and there, but I think that Dane Rudygar and Jeffrey Wolf Green, the forerunners of evolutionary astrology, are especially interesting. Here are some of Rudgyar's lecture recordings:

http://www.beyondsunsigns.com/rudhyaraudioarchives.html
__________________
Libra AC, Libra Sun, Scorpio Moon/Venus

https://merlynsvault.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merlyn For This Useful Post:
Witchyone (09-29-2016)
  #9  
Unread 09-29-2016, 11:59 PM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,471
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
Holy cow, 1955? It looks like Venus was there too, and in a trine to the north node. That's a dense point to take apart.

Something that sticks out to me is the square from Jupiter to Saturn, which perhaps would have made it difficult to admit the deeper importance of what was being discussed in the conversation. With the Gemini south node, we are Mercurial simply out of habit.

Was your brother's Saturn in the 4th house?

Your description reminds me a bit of myself... I think I've teetered on the edge of insanity at certain points in my life, and have fortunately recognized how deeply I've gone, in order to pull myself back a bit. Other Sag. north node friends of mine have not been so lucky, many being diagnosed with schizophrenia, serotonin syndrome, and other conditions. There has been so much stimuli in the 20th and 21st centuries that it's been both a blessing and a curse for folks with Sag/Gem signatures.
He had Saturn in the first in Scorpio. So he had Jupiter, Venus, Mars, Pluto,Sun in Leo in the 10th. He was very autocratic. lol

His 2nd Saturn return helped to set his death in motion. He died of lung cancer [south node in Gemini?] He was diagnosed when Saturn crossed his Asc. He smoked a pack or two a day.

The Jupiter /Saturn square was a big theme in his life. He hated authority figures. Always tried to do things his own way and rejected rules and bothersome regulations. As a young handsome ski racer, training for the US ski team, it made him a handsome rebel.

But after he had his mental breakdown, at the Saturn square, when tr Saturn was conjunct his Jupiter, he became irrational and a danger to himself. It was a very scary time for all of us because he was so erratic and full of himself. He ranted at Jupitarian figure heads--state officials, police officers, etc. Got in people's faces and yelled nonsense at them.

Hos South Node in the 8th was what saved him in his very young life. He was very handsome and sexy, as one could imagine with Venus/Mars/Pluto/Sun conjunct in Leo. So in his early 20's, he had a series of girlfriends that took good care of him. They shielded him from having to deal with the daily burdens of life.

But once he began really losing it, he was on his own. He tried coming back home to our parents, but that was very hard too.

On his first saturn return, he moved into a halfway house for people needing help with mental health issues. It was a good thing for him I believe.

I agree that Sag/Gemini types can teeter on the edge. My daughter is a Gemini with Sag rising. When things get stressful she can get anxious pretty quickly. It is sometimes hard to feel stability and security when you have as much mutability as she does. But she is the most creative, artistic and talented person I know.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-30-2016, 12:04 AM
Violetreena Violetreena is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 30
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

The Gemini/Sagittarius axis is the axis of the mental and its goal is to learn to balance the lower and the higher mind. The Gemini explores the world, collects information, establishes contacts, while the Sagittarius tends to look for a unique concept, a supreme truth. The role of the Gemini is to study his environment, to reunite what was separated. They have a knack for all types of languages and tools of communication, and they have an insatiable curiosity. The Gemini explores both sides of any situation, comparing the opposite elements. It reflects the duality inherent to this sign. But the Gemini often lacks the concentration and attention necessary to put things in perspective and see the big picture.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Violetreena For This Useful Post:
Merlyn (09-30-2016)
  #11  
Unread 09-30-2016, 12:09 AM
Violetreena Violetreena is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 30
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

My north. bode is in sag in the 4th house which conjuncts my mercury. I do feel like a know it all. Sometimes I wonder if its annoying to some. I always have the urge to communicate. I see the bigger picture. I'm philosophical and I am a huge collector of information.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 09-30-2016, 12:31 AM
Merlyn's Avatar
Merlyn Merlyn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 23
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

Oh man, I have a feeling this is going to be a happening thread... All the nodal communicators have got something to say. "Collector of information", I like that.

So, your south node ruler conjuncts the north node. I suppose a goal of yours is to sift through the information, and synthesize it into something meaningful to you, rather than relying on the works of others, and getting off to that alone. How do you relate to that? Where does Jupiter hang out in your chart? How do you use the information in your life?
__________________
Libra AC, Libra Sun, Scorpio Moon/Venus

https://merlynsvault.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merlyn For This Useful Post:
Violetreena (12-10-2019)
  #13  
Unread 10-03-2016, 05:42 AM
Abby83's Avatar
Abby83 Abby83 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,101
Re: Sag/Gem Nodal Axis

I have the south node in sag in the 1st house and I feel like a natural nomad. I really have no fear of having to live under a bridge if I needed to because I have this ingrained comfortable feeling knowing that all I need is myself to survive and can do so better on my own than with the help of others. However the NN in Gemini in 7th house really makes me crave to be around ppl. I feel like ive been deprived of social places for so many lifetimes. When Saturn entered Gemini for the 1st time in my life, myself and my friends of the same age came to realise our struggle in social situations, variety, and technology and change. It felt like we were the only group of ppl who held on so tightly to our high school friends. Even though our lives had changed and we were no longer getting a long we still felt the need to cling onto each other in fear of change. In fear of exploring all things Gemini and just letting go with the changes it brings. We were all physical types too and were nowhere near as knowledgeable as ppl born in other yrs. Eg, ive always gone out with guys 4 yrs older than me. These men and their friends found it easy to move on through the phases of life. Yet me and my friends didn't. We struggled to enter the unknown. Sag is a philosophical sign and the teacher, but Gemini is the jack of all trades. They seem to know a little about everything, and this is what makes NN in Gemini feel so uncomfortable. Also, at least for me, the Saturn transit to Gemini NN made me feel like I had been deprived all my life (probably many lives) and I was super frustrated and desperate to live up many experiences no matter what. That's why I have so many goals and cant settle for a lonely life. I have inner conflict with wanting to be a nomad and a socialite or whether I prefer physical or mental stimulation. I try to incorporate both now, now that I know the Gemini qualities exist lol .
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Merlyn (10-03-2016)
Reply

Tags
axis, gemini, nodal, node, sag or gem, sagittarius

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.