Neptune conjunct ascendant 1st house

Scorpiokll

Have this aspect with a 3 degree orb. Ive heard its almost like neptune opening you front door. I read it has a very spiritual and intuitiveness about it. Also read watched a video talking about how bad we are. Can be druggies/alcoholics and that we always make ourself the victim etc.. Im just looking for some different perspectives on this tight orb.

haidee

Have this aspect with a 3 degree orb. Ive heard its almost like neptune opening you front door. I read it has a very spiritual and intuitiveness about it. Also read watched a video talking about how bad we are. Can be druggies/alcoholics and that we always make ourself the victim etc.. Im just looking for some different perspectives on this tight orb.

Having Neptune conjunct your Ascendant you're more likely to become a drug/alcohol addicts, but that's usually because these people are more sensitive and more delusional. Okay, that may be the wrong adjective, but if you think about it.... Neptune is Pisces' planetary ruler. Pisces' are imaginative, kind, compassionate, over-sensitive, weak-willed, escapists. So most likely, if they read about the terror around the world, are being bullied every day, or whatever, that makes them more inclined to escape from the real - awful world.
You're probably extremely vulnerable and you need to surround yourself with people who're grounded. Alchohol and of course drugs, make you even more vulnerable and once you loose yourself it's hard for you to get your mind back into the real world.

Scorpiokll

Having Neptune conjunct your Ascendant you're more likely to become a drug/alcohol addicts, but that's usually because these people are more sensitive and more delusional. Okay, that may be the wrong adjective, but if you think about it.... Neptune is Pisces' planetary ruler. Pisces' are imaginative, kind, compassionate, over-sensitive, weak-willed, escapists. So most likely, if they read about the terror around the world, are being bullied every day, or whatever, that makes them more inclined to escape from the real - awful world.
You're probably extremely vulnerable and you need to surround yourself with people who're grounded. Alchohol and of course drugs, make you even more vulnerable and once you loose yourself it's hard for you to get your mind back into the real world.
Ugh.. Lol thanks! Luckily ive never been into drugs and because there has been alcholics in the family i keep watch on my intake! At least both have some other good aspects..

serafin5

I don't usually share much about my personal life but what the heck? I have both Neptune and Natal Asc in Scorpio within 3degs and I am a recovering addict. Not delusional, too bad anyway, just lots of adverse aspects to 4th house starting at an early age. Learning how to live life on it's own terms.

God bless
Serafin5

Scorpiokll

I don't usually share much about my personal life but what the heck? I have both Neptune and Natal Asc in Scorpio within 3degs and I am a recovering addict. Not delusional, too bad anyway, just lots of adverse aspects to 4th house starting at an early age. Learning how to live life on it's own terms.

God bless
Serafin5
Thank you for sharing! If i underatand what ive read about bad aspects is that around the mid 30s they ease up. Maybe thats just sun conjunct my moon so its burning my moon. Luckily its lower degrees so its finally coming out of the dark. Im so new to astrology and watched that 45 min video rant by an astrologer and was like ****.. But i have a better outlook than i ever had so one aspect wont ruin me!

Kannon

Neptune conjunct Asc in Sagittarius brings vision, imagination, creative thought as an emphasis to a broad-ranging personality. There is nothing inherently 'afflicted' or negative about such a combination. It suggests development of or emphasis on imagination as the most prominent theme of your life -- IF that Asc figure is correct.

The aspect that is most potentially stressful or tension producing with Neptune in this chart is Mars [20N31] contra-parallel Neptune [21S10]. This brings imagination and action together, so be sure that you don't make a habit of going off half-cocked with only first impressions. Being too casual in considering the effects of your actions could also be a problem. Mars and Neptune work in different modes, so integrating them is the challenge.

Mars (especially in Leo) is direct assertion of what self wants, needs, holds as ambitions. Mars is kinesthetic -- action. Neptune is imagination, cerebral considerations suspending from the urgency of action or pragmatic concerns. So in integrating the two, Neptune best leads in gentle fashion behind the scenes, meaning ... be sure your actions and the way you put yourself out there, how you invest your ego ... is guided by clearly focused ideals and/or vision of what the actions are supposed to produce. You might even find that creative efforts (of any kind) are well-partnered with someone else who is more a 'doer', a manager or guide.

About distorted interpretations ... anyone, any "astrologer" can put up videos now on youtube and spout exaggerations or outright nonsense. I've occasionally pointed some of it out on this forum. I'm glad you are seeking a balanced perspective, because too often when Neptune comes into focus in this way in a chart, astro-folks minds go straight to 'lying' and 'druggie.' Poop. Interpreting Neptune first needs a basis in the Moon's condition in the chart and yours is a strong one, conjunct the Sun in a fixed sign of great strength, Scorpio. Yes, it is square to Saturn, but Moon [15S30] is also parallel Uranus [15S14], allowing emotional independence and detachment. Moon-Uranus aspects often indicate people who are chain-breakers in their family line, people who are able to pull out of negative patterns of belief or behavior.

Arena

ScorpiokII
You need to cast a mundoscope in order to see if that Neptune really is angular at the place where you were born, or where you live now? Is it the same place? If you relocate/move, you will also move the angles in your chart.

If you state the birth time and place, I can cast a mundoscope for you to see which planets really were angular at birth and I can post it for you.

If you moved to another place, state that place and I can post your relocated chart.

haidee

God bless
Serafin5

I'm sorry if I offended you by my interpretation. I even wrote that 'delusional' may be the wrong adjective, so I tried to describe it with other Pisces traits as you can see.
I'm not saying that everyone with Neptune conjuncting one's Ascendant become drug addicts, what I'm saying is; these people have a higher chance of becoming one if they're experiencing some kind of a traumatic crisis.
I wasn't stating anything. Those are tendencies. Obviously I didn't include the aspect that OP has to his neptune/ascendant or what sign it is in, because THAT is what makes the influence of the planets stronger or weaker - aspects and the sign that they're in.

Sweet Pea

Do you find that you can 'morph' yourself, so that you are nearly a different person, with each relationship you are involved in? The lack of boundaries that a Neptunian type has means you can easily enter the reality of another person and become what they want you to be.

Scorpiokll

ScorpiokII
You need to cast a mundoscope in order to see if that Neptune really is angular at the place where you were born, or where you live now? Is it the same place? If you relocate/move, you will also move the angles in your chart.

If you state the birth time and place, I can cast a mundoscope for you to see which planets really were angular at birth and I can post it for you.

If you moved to another place, state that place and I can post your relocated chart.
I have a cool bday too 11/11/77
Still the same area arlington heights (cook county) Illinois

Scorpiokll

Do you find that you can 'morph' yourself, so that you are nearly a different person, with each relationship you are involved in? The lack of boundaries that a Neptunian type has means you can easily enter the reality of another person and become what they want you to be.
Funny you should ask and yes i always attributed that to the scorpio side. Ive been told i would make a good actress..

Scorpiokll

I'm sorry if I offended you by my interpretation. I even wrote that 'delusional' may be the wrong adjective, so I tried to describe it with other Pisces traits as you can see.
I'm not saying that everyone with Neptune conjuncting one's Ascendant become drug addicts, what I'm saying is; these people have a higher chance of becoming one if they're experiencing some kind of a traumatic crisis.
I wasn't stating anything. Those are tendencies. Obviously I didn't include the aspect that OP has to his neptune/ascendant or what sign it is in, because THAT is what makes the influence of the planets stronger or weaker - aspects and the sign that they're in.
No you didnt offfend me. I appreciate any help i can get. Ill say im into astrology because i know a big change is happening soon for me and am looking to my chart for guidance, its just not as easy to understand as one Might think!

Scorpiokll

Neptune conjunct Asc in Sagittarius brings vision, imagination, creative thought as an emphasis to a broad-ranging personality. There is nothing inherently 'afflicted' or negative about such a combination. It suggests development of or emphasis on imagination as the most prominent theme of your life -- IF that Asc figure is correct.

The aspect that is most potentially stressful or tension producing with Neptune in this chart is Mars [20N31] contra-parallel Neptune [21S10]. This brings imagination and action together, so be sure that you don't make a habit of going off half-cocked with only first impressions. Being too casual in considering the effects of your actions could also be a problem. Mars and Neptune work in different modes, so integrating them is the challenge.

Mars (especially in Leo) is direct assertion of what self wants, needs, holds as ambitions. Mars is kinesthetic -- action. Neptune is imagination, cerebral considerations suspending from the urgency of action or pragmatic concerns. So in integrating the two, Neptune best leads in gentle fashion behind the scenes, meaning ... be sure your actions and the way you put yourself out there, how you invest your ego ... is guided by clearly focused ideals and/or vision of what the actions are supposed to produce. You might even find that creative efforts (of any kind) are well-partnered with someone else who is more a 'doer', a manager or guide.

About distorted interpretations ... anyone, any "astrologer" can put up videos now on youtube and spout exaggerations or outright nonsense. I've occasionally pointed some of it out on this forum. I'm glad you are seeking a balanced perspective, because too often when Neptune comes into focus in this way in a chart, astro-folks minds go straight to 'lying' and 'druggie.' Poop. Interpreting Neptune first needs a basis in the Moon's condition in the chart and yours is a strong one, conjunct the Sun in a fixed sign of great strength, Scorpio. Yes, it is square to Saturn, but Moon [15S30] is also parallel Uranus [15S14], allowing emotional independence and detachment. Moon-Uranus aspects often indicate people who are chain-breakers in their family line, people who are able to pull out of negative patterns of belief or behavior.
Well i do have quite an imagination.. Lol! I feel like there is a big change coming soon career/life wise and it will be with my creativity. Now there is someone who is equally as creative as me but more of a doer. He is a virgo and also has moon in scorpio. I feel at ease when i talk with him, im the head in the clouds and he is definetly more grounded. I cant do a synastry chart as i dont know him well enough to ask for his birth time. As far as the video my gut told me that anyone who goes on about the same thing for 45 mins probably isnt the most reliable. Im a scorpio i dig for the truth..lol and i dont say that addictions cant happen or an aspect can be bad but just didnt like the 2 extremes i found online. Ill just come here next time! btw thank you!

Arena

I casted your mundoscope chart to see the real position of planets at your location, and indeed Neptune is angular, only 1,30° from ASC.
However Jupiter might be of effect in your life as well, being 4° from your west point.

NEPTUNE FOREGROUND
These people are highly sensitive, which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. They seem to be emotionally over-responsive, tuning into others too acutely and not always clearly. On the positive side, this adds sympathy, compassion, and even psychic talents. On the other extreme, they exaggerate conditions in their minds and remain in a state of emotional insecurity. Neptune people want to be sure of situations before exposing themselves, because they are quite sensitive to rejection and afraid of betrayal. The Neptune person needs intense feelings around him at all times because he thrives on the emotional vitality around him. This generally makes him emotionally dependent on others. He dislikes change or surprise, disregarding new information which tends to contradict what he already "knows" to be true. Neptune lives in an idealistic world of hoped-for perfection which does not always materialize. He needs to channel his dreams and creative imagination in a practical direction. (ADD: Self-dramatization. "Merger Self.")

Quote from solunars.net

I've noticed that Neptunian people are often very creative, it is probably also dependent of other aspects in the chart, but they seem to enjoy music, films, stories and some of them have a talent at creating them.

Scorpiokll

I casted your mundoscope chart to see the real position of planets at your location, and indeed Neptune is angular, only 1,30° from ASC.
However Jupiter might be of effect in your life as well, being 4° from your west point.

Quote from solunars.net

I've noticed that Neptunian people are often very creative, it is probably also dependent of other aspects in the chart, but they seem to enjoy music, films, stories and some of them have a talent at creating them.

Hahaha thanks. I do have a knack of knowing things, like what people need before the need it or what they are trying to say and are stuck on how to say it. Wow i cant believe neptune is that close to my ac.. I do tend to know what is true(to me) and discredit the garbage people are trying to get me to believe. I will definitely look into jupiter as well. It is my chart ruler so it makes sense!

JUPITERASC

No you didnt offfend me. I appreciate any help i can get.

Ill say im into astrology because i know a big change is happening soon for me
and am looking to my chart for guidance,
its just not as easy to understand as one Might think!
Definitely it takes plenty of practice to assess natal planetary activity :smile:
if you keep in mind that:

A PLANET acts.

A HOUSE shows the area of life in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

and

A SIGN shows the quality of the planet's expression.

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

so then

if you start working from that idea
you can build on it

i.e.

- select a natal planet
locate in which house the planet is
assess how comfortable the planet is in the natal sign
find what the planet rules in the chart

An understanding of planetary dignity and debility
is useful for assessing how comfortable a planet is in a particular sign

HOW TO READ DIGNITIES WITH TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

Fixed stars conjunct planets and angles are also worth noting
FIXED STAR INFO from renowned expert Anne Wright FREE at http://constellationsofwords.com/Fixedstars.htm

FIXED STARS IN NATAL ASTROLOGY
http://constellationsofwords.com/cat...atalrobson.htm

2015 EPHEMERIS FILES :smile:
TO CHECK CURRENT LOCATION OF TRANSITING PLANETS
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/2000/ae_2015.pdf

Scorpiokll

Definitely it takes plenty of practice to assess natal planetary activity :smile:
if you keep in mind that:

A PLANET acts.

A HOUSE shows the area of life in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

and

A SIGN shows the quality of the planet's expression.

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

so then

if you start working from that idea
you can build on it

Thank you! I definetly have some reading to do!

serafin5

No worries Haidee!!! Hey, we are just here sharing our opinions, experiences, and knowledge here! I honestly thought it was funny-I like people who are direct. And as a recovering addict, I have been delusional, obviously, but it's all good!!! I'm done with all that now, Neptune on my Scorpio Asc. be damned :)!

Serafin5

serafin5

I have a cool bday too 11/11/77
Still the same area arlington heights (cook county) Illinois

That really is a cool bday. You might want to read on numerology with regards to these repetitive numbers. This "art" may give you some insight :)

Serafin5

muchacho

That's only the case if Sun and Moon also indicate a highly sensitive personality (like in your case with Sun and Moon in the 12th in Scorpio). If not, then you'll just come across as very soft and sensitive and prefer to not raise your voice or attack others openly, which can give a totally wrong impression of your actual personality if you've got a strong Sun at the same time, that's the folks who speak softly but carry a big stick at the same time... :joyful: