music and astrology

david starling

lol ty

I think we'd all benefit if more researches like this were conducted, indeed. Astrologers at work~

I made a clumsy start at correlating music to Astrology a year ago in the "Houses and cusps" forum. It's called "Musical Houses". It was about musical ability and genre-affinity based on one's own Chart--a sort of informal survey, trying to discern a pattern. Didn't get very far, because it was trolled to death so thoroughly, only the 1st page was on topic. At the time, I was considering the possibility that creating music was a lot about H5 placements, but no conclusions were reached, pro or con.

theboy

yeah definitely other factors come into play when trying to understand music through astrology, not everything is filtered though the 5th house, probably explains how some artists personality off stage is completely different than when they are at work expressing themselves on stage or in the studio

theboy

wow cool man for sure you cant underestimate the moon in these artists charts, but adding onto what you said before ive notice alot of famous artists have a busy 10th house or their legacy has something to do with chiron or north node house placements as well you should look into this as well as alot of these artists who have died have something going in in their chart that indicates this immortalization

theboy

yeah definitely i see alot of activity in the 12th house as well, its funny how the 12th house is considered counterproductive in a chart but i think those same limitations is what makes the person in the end hence the glory, but like the guy before said 6th and 7th house have lots of activity in artists as well my favorite ones at least 6th for service (musical ability) and 7th for influence on people im sure

belabismo

I'm sorry for your loss, moonris3. I'm glad you two were able to bond over your distinctive interests.

Thank you for having started this thread, it's extremely interesting. Take your time in updating.

belabismo

I really haven't paid much mind to houses, but I have been studying a few charts here and there of musicians lately so this topic is of particular interest to me right now. I am very curious to speculate on how we can see what genre a musician is in by the chart.

I do know Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance has a Sun-Pluto opposition, Sun-Venus in Aries. He sings aggressive music with a lot of themes of death and violence. He has Moon in 7th - very sensitive (to others' emotions) ?

I know Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day has Venus in Aries also. Looks like Moon opposite Pluto as well.

I want to say Punk musicians must have more Aries going on in general for the aggression? And for grunge musicians, I think they would be less likely to have fire and more abundance of water and stress to Neptune. Like "too much" of it. I think we all know Kurt Cobain has an extremely watery chart, for example.

Indie music I would guess Aquarius/Uranian influence. Just looked up Brandon Flowers and he has an Aquarius Moon making all kinds of aspects to other planets. Karen O from Yeah Yeah Yeahs has no Aquarius planets but Moon and Saturn in aspect to Uranus.

In general, would you say Venus gives a general indicator of what kind of music you may like? Overall, what kind of art you like? Venus often gets bombarded with relationship discussion; I feel it's unfair. I would guess your Moon has a hand in this as well though.

Re: the 12th house emphasis. For what it is worth, my best friend has her Moon in the 12th. She has a lovely voice. Her Moon is in stressful aspect to Venus. Venus in Scorpio conjunct Pluto in 6th house. Sun in Libra in 5th. Saturn on Midheaven in Aquarius square Pluto.

Re: what craft94 brought up with favorite musicians. I feel like I go through periods where I listen to the same song over and over again then get sick of it, but right now I'm going through a Venus square Pluto transit and I feel like this is reflected in what I have been listening to lately. Jupiter has also been opposite my Venus; I don't know what this would imply, though.

I'd like to say "I've finished this work finally!!" but the more I dig into this the more I find it fascinating, and I'm afraid it just won't stop here.

I'm updating the values now, I arrived to 316 charts and it was surprising to see that the more I was going on the more I went on confirming the old values... I'm adding a few new findings for the people who have been interested in this project and have made special requests. The final project will be soon uploaded on my blog.

The following scheme is the frequency of planets in the houses on 259 charts with AC.
The 3rd, 6th and 7th house have been not listed in this scheme because their frequency did not reach the medium values.
Curve of normality corresponds to = 21.

It is clear the 2nd and 12th house are so far the most "busy".

I'm sorry for having taken so much to update this, my mum has just passed way, and it's been extremely hard for me to focus on anything serious, lately.
My mum, who was a great statistician, is the one who helped me count all the charts and gave me a lot of inputs for how to read various things.
This work is thanks to her precious tips, thank you from down here <3

This is interesting. I have Jupiter in the 2nd house

david starling

Do you have a listing (not that you would need to post it) of specific musicians' House placements? For example, I have Venus in H12 and the Sun & Merc in H1. Just wondering if I would be especially in tune with the music of someone with those 3 placements. Thanks to you and your mother for the graphics!

Last edited:

david starling

Alright David, I just checked my charts, get ready. Here are your musical Venus12-Sun1-Mercury1 twins:

-Claude Debussy (Virgo/Leo)
-Handel (Pisces/Aquarius)
-Hozier (Pisces/Aquarius)
-Neil Young (Sagittarius/ Scorpio)
-Ozzy Osbourne (Sagittarius/ Scorpio)
-Yousoou N'dour (Libra/ Virgo)

your other cousins with planets arranged more or less like that include even:
-Nina Simone
-Dave Growl
-Andrea Boccelli
-Celentano
-Leonard Cohen
-George Duke
-Wagner

any likes? :p

The first grouping does resonate more, but, except for Wagner, not bad! Strange House-fellows though! You got accurate birth-times that far back? I like Bob Dylan's music--interesting Chart, but the Houses don't match mine. Is he in your sample?

Last edited:

SimonG

I'd be interested to see your data on "the frequency of planets in the houses on 259 charts with AC" using Azimuth and Equal housing systems, in comparison with Placidus. Thanks if you have time to present those here.

Alzander

This is the best thread that I've read through since being a member here, truly fascinating. Thank you very much for spreading such knowledge and wisdom.

It comes as no surprise to me that Neptune is a very influential planet in music and musicians themselves. As you would expect Pisces is up there as one of the most frequent sun and moon signs.

As for me, well I have quite a few aspects which I'll mention if that's cool;

Sun sextile Neptune 0°58'215
Moon conjunction Neptune 1°30'262
Mars sextile Neptune 4°42'10
Saturn sextile Neptune 0°05'118
Uranus conjunction Neptune 6°10'115
Neptune trine Ascendant 7°52'0

My chart is attached with this post for more analysis if you wish to delve further.

Peace fellow Starlovers.

Attachments

• IMG_0212.GIF
    IMG_0212.GIF
    48.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Alzander

Your chart is so cute lol, lucky you! The Capricorn emphasis on the 4th house is kinda weird but I'm sure that gives your Piscean self a lot of solid lucky ground too. You have strong musical aspects, so to speak. Are you interested in pursuing such a career? :D

Ty a lot for the compliments~
Lol, thank you and no worries for all the compliments, my pleasure.
Yeah, the 4th house thing is really really wierd lol and there's so many ways to truthfully look at it in reflection of my life and family or be a bit wishy-washy towards it like if I was to say that there's such an emphasis on that house with Capricorn because in a previous incarnation I betrayed or murdered family members looool but who knows....I love the mystery and wonder of Astrology as well as the logical and grounded elements.

As for the music side of things...I'm not currently a musician or actively pursuing a career in that field but I've always had a very sensitive ear and whatnot for all kinds of music so I appreciate it a lot and have a strong admiration for a good piece of music/art/nature...I just do it as a hobby really tbh...I.e play piano, guitar, sing, write, 'rap', draw, paint, sculpt..I've always done these things since I was very little and live with a lot of creativity and imaginative desire....perhaps I should really think about making a living out of it, would give me the most of joy after all.

But hey, less about me lol, more about you -moonris3- ,show your chart maybe if you like so we can discuss that? Im always fascinated by different natal charts and the people who possess them so feel free to share all your stardust with me if you wish....would be cool. Neptune sure is magnificent.

Peace fellow StarLovers

Alzander

Ahahaaha. Well my Virgo ascendant is opposition to the Pisces sun, Mercury, mars & Saturn but yeah I think that's about it.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your chart. Sag sun, sag Mercury, sag Venus & sag rising! Woah lol. You have quite a lot of Capricorn in you like me hehe...gotta love being a bit goaty :biggrin: I noticed your mars and Jupiter retrogrades too, anything to say regarding that? Any experiences or unique things about you with those positions? My younger brother has a mars retrograde in Virgo. The only thing I have to say about it for certain is that he's quite messy and cleans up in the last minute and gets flustered about it, also quite shy and timid and asserts himself differently to the archetypal Aries. He's pretty quiet and often has to repeat himself due to not vocalising his speech loud enough.

Literature, brilliant...I'm kinda into that too hehe. I totally get where you're coming from in regards to having an inner rhythm aha. I do it with my whole body subconsciously....head, feet, legs, arms, hands ahaha. I've always liked the idea of being a drummer, well any sort of musician tbh. So much to explore in this life, busking would be a good laugh.

Peace fellow StarLovers

CapAquaPis

The percentage so far indicates Neptune as the most triggered planet. Both in the single natal charts and in the signs:

I have divided the signs first into ASC, Sun and Moon, here are the results:
Aries: 13/ 18/ 15
Taurus: 5 /17/14
Gemini:13/16/13
Cancer: 13/9/22
Leo: 26/15/14
Virgo: 23/ 19/ 18
Libra: 18/ 17 /22
Scorpio: 24/ 13/ 17
Sagittarius:21/20/20
Capricorn: 10 /15/16
Aquarius: 13/25/14
Pisces: 7 / 26/ 25

(the numbers correspond to ASC/Sun/Moon, some ascendants were missing)

Yes, Neptune the ruler of Pisces, when it comes to solar and lunar aspects. Leo/Virgo-Sun and Pisces-ASC (Madonna and Michael Jackson, respectively) are likely to pursue a career in music, they happen to be vocalists. Leo and Virgo are zodiac opposites of Aquarius (got talent!) and Pisces.

david starling

Musicians must be precise and pay attention to detail, while making it seem spontaneous. There is often some real spontaneity blended in, but it's mostly carefully worked out in advance.