New beginnings?

ethertwist

My solar return is coming up early next week and I'm trying to get a handle on the flavor of the chart and the upcoming solar year.

Here's my attempt at delineating it, but any insights or personal experiences that will help me to better understand certain aspects or placements would be much appreciated!:smile:

The most obvious aspect is the Sun rising in the chart (exactly conjunct the Ascendant!). The rising degree is natally in my 12th house and therefore the natal 12th house is brought to the first house in the SR chart. This seems a bit contradictory in that the Sun rising would possibly indicate more of a "public" year, but the 12th house relates more to behind-the-scenes activities or proclivities. How should I reconcile this contradiction? Cancer is a cardinal sign (angular) and would hint that it's a year of initiating something new or of new beginnings in general (???).

The Moon is the ruler of the chart and it's in the 12th, hinting again at more behind-the-scenes issues or hidden emotions. Mary Fortier Shea says that it can sometimes indicate having to get acclimated to something new in the solar year, thus creating a fish out of water experience or a feeling of emotional isolation. The Moon is trine Saturn, which also emphasizes emotional control or perhaps new responsibilities? This is echoed in the fact that Saturn is exactly square the Ascendant and the Sun. Sobering aspects to say the least! (eek)

The gnarly T-square between Mars-Uranus-Pluto picks up the MC/IC angle in the chart (just off by a few degrees), possibly indicating changes in my profession or domestic life? I'm hoping that some of the more challenging elements of the T-square (abrupt and discordant change/transformation) will be offset by the exact trine between Mars and Jupiter (increased energy and expansion).

Could the placement of Jupiter and Venus conjunct in the SR 11th house indicate an increase in income since the 11th house is the 2nd from the 10th??

I'm really hoping to get a new job in the coming solar year and to experience a new beginning in general after many years of frustratingly slow progress in my life.

Does anyone see anything in the chart(s) that I might have missed or alternate interpretations that I might not have considered?

Thank you kindly!:wink:

Solar Return, Natal/Solar chart combo, Natal chart

Attachments

• solarreturnchart12.jpg
    solarreturnchart12.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 23
  • natalsolar12.jpg
    natalsolar12.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 23
  • mynatalanon.gif
    mynatalanon.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 32