How do you determine which sign rules an intercepted house?

Beautiful Ending

This has been bothering me for as long as I can remember!

If there are two signs in one house I can never work out which one of those actually rules the house. Does anyone know?

Claire19

This has been bothering me for as long as I can remember!

If there are two signs in one house I can never work out which one of those actually rules the house. Does anyone know?
Dont use the house method that shows intercepted houses!!! simple.

However it is the planet that rules the house cusp that is the ruler. There are never two rulers.

MaeMae

Banned
the house ruler is always based on the sign on the cusp of house containing intercepted sign. intercepted sign/planets contained within the chart are not readily available to native, so s/he must rely on the the cusp ruler of house to get to the expression of the intercepted conditions.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

the house ruler is always based on the sign on the cusp of house containing intercepted sign. intercepted sign/planets contained within the chart are not readily available to native, so s/he must rely on the the cusp ruler of house to get to the expression of the intercepted conditions.

Using the Placidus house system I have Scorpio-Taurus intercepted across the 3rd-9th houses. I have Mercury, Venus and Sun in Taurus; Gemini on MC.
If what you say is true, how come I worked for four different firms which dealt with 'foreign' ships, English as 'foreign' language, 'foreign' currency exchange, and 'foreign' luxury goods. I met and married a 'foreigner', left my native country (Sag I.C.; Jupiter in 12?) to settle abroad (Taurus?) where I have lived the majority of my life (Sun) literally on 'foreign' soil (Earth in 9th)?

If Equal Houses are used, Taurus would be on the 9th house cusp and
Mercury-Venus would be in the 8th. It would need a complete change of 'mind-set' to make their functions 'work' there. It took so much courage to uproot and start a new life elsewhere; this seems to fit Aries on 9th house cusp so adequately.

With Equal house, Scorpio is on my 3rd house cusp. This does not fit either. My siblings and I have always had a friendly, loving and sociable relationship with one another. This is more Libran of nature, and with Venus in 9th, they are as much abroad to me as I am to them.:smile:

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
Using the Placidus house system I have Scorpio-Taurus intercepted across the 3rd-9th houses. I have Mercury, Venus and Sun in Taurus; Gemini on MC.
If what you say is true, how come I worked for four different firms which dealt with 'foreign' ships, English as 'foreign' language, 'foreign' currency exchange, and 'foreign' luxury goods. I met and married a 'foreigner', left my native country (Sag I.C.; Jupiter in 12?) to settle abroad (Taurus?) where I have lived the majority of my life (Sun) literally on 'foreign' soil (Earth in 9th)?

If Equal Houses are used, Taurus would be on the 9th house cusp and
Mercury-Venus would be in the 8th. It would need a complete change of 'mind-set' to make their functions 'work' there. It took so much courage to uproot and start a new life elsewhere; this seems to fit Aries on 9th house cusp so adequately.

With Equal house, Scorpio is on my 3rd house cusp. This does not fit either. My siblings and I have always had a friendly, loving and sociable relationship with one another. This is more Libran of nature, and with Venus in 9th, they are as much abroad to me as I am to them.:smile:

i indicated that the access to the planets in interception needs first to pass through the "trap door" of the house on the cusp. i never indicated that the planets are stunted or inneffective in expression, rather, their expression is activated and filtered through the cusp rulership containing the interception.
i would guess, having mars-ruled aries on your 9th cusp, you found your assertiveness, leadership and self~inspiration at the forefront of the taurean "don't like to budge" intercepted placements.
once engaged, i would think their stubborn expression becomes more evident to you.

Last edited: