Do I have an 8th house Stellium?

AppLeo

Well, obviously not a "Planet" per se, but the NN ups the intensity of the Jupiter/Merc Conjuntion making it a Stellium-enhancer, whereby [IMO] just those two Planets alone could be considered a "Stellium". Venus being in another Sign should matter, because it's Inconjuct--even if it is in the same House in Placidus.

The North Node is like another planet. I don't know what else to say. And I don't think Venus being in another sign should matter because I see the signs as blending into one another. A planet that is 8 degrees or less away from another planet is conjunct no matter what the signs. I don't know why you would consider two planets alone a stellium though :p

Why? The North Lunar Node is a calculated point, like the Vertex, Lots, etc. It marks where the Moon crossed the ecliptic above the horizon. There are nodes for all the other planets as well, the Moon's are just more commonly included. As a point it gives information and does not confer energy like a planet. Instead it is energized or activated by planets in transit or synastry, just like a house.

I know there are nodes for the planets, but the Moon Node is super important. The North Node, how you describe it in bold, makes it sound like a planet. Planets are energized by other planets.

So it's safe to say that I do have one then?

Yes it's safe to say. If you want it to be a stellium it is a stellium.

Horus

I know there are nodes for the planets, but the Moon Node is super important. The North Node, how you describe it in bold, makes it sound like a planet. Planets are energized by other planets.

Of course, planets confer energy to anything, even each other. Calculated points don't and they're not wandering stella which is why they don't qualify for a stellium. The Lunar Nodes aren't the Moon itself, just where it's been, marking the past and the future for the soul.

AppLeo

Of course, planets confer energy to anything, even each other. Calculated points don't and they're not wandering stella which is why they don't qualify for a stellium. The Lunar Nodes aren't the Moon itself, just where it's been, marking the past and the future for the soul.

I'm gonna count it as a stellium anyway. No time for precise rules.

ChildOfVenus

Intriguing? I don't think I've ever been called that before. I don't really know if anyone has ever found me intriguing lol. What's so intriguing about a Jupiter, Mercury and North Node conjunction? I mean what does that mean?
Whether everyone considers it a Stellium or not, that tight Conjuntion of Jupiter, Mercury, and NN is intriguing! ChildOfVenus, do people find you intriguing? Anyone ever called you that?

JUPITERASC

Intriguing?

I don't think I've ever been called that before.

I don't really know if anyone has ever found me intriguing lol.

What's so intriguing
about a Jupiter, Mercury and North Node conjunction?
I mean what does that mean
?
New astrologers will sooner or later come across references to unaspected planets
dissociate aspects
aspect patterns and chart shapes.
This article
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
adapted from the text of Nicholas Campion's compendium of astrology
The Ultimate Astrologer (published by Hay House, 2003
offers an introductory guide to their meaning in the birth chart.

ASPECTS
An aspect is the precise distance between any two points in a horoscope.
Usually aspects are formed between two planets :smile:
although aspects between any one planet
and
the angles (Ascendant, Descendant, MC and IC)
are also considered.
The aspects are used to establish how the planets combine to stimulate
and
moderate each other's influence

ChildOfVenus

I'm asking what's so intriguing about having this actual aspect?
New astrologers will sooner or later come across references to unaspected planets
dissociate aspects
aspect patterns and chart shapes.
This article
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html
adapted from the text of Nicholas Campion's compendium of astrology
The Ultimate Astrologer (published by Hay House, 2003
offers an introductory guide to their meaning in the birth chart.

ASPECTS
An aspect is the precise distance between any two points in a horoscope.
Usually aspects are formed between two planets :smile:
although aspects between any one planet
and
the angles (Ascendant, Descendant, MC and IC)
are also considered.
The aspects are used to establish how the planets combine to stimulate
and
moderate each other's influence

Horus

I'm asking what's so intriguing about having this actual aspect?

IMO -zilch. Intrigue comes from other things.

It is fortunate though in the sense that you have been blessed with faculties and traits which are aligned with the direction your soul needs to go --Aries traits, and 8th house matters. I wish I had a planet or two supporting my North Node, I need 'em! :annoyed:

I just sent you a couple of emails all about your North Node.

ChildOfVenus

Thank you I am reading over them now.

It is fortunate though in the sense that you have been blessed with faculties and traits which are aligned with the direction your soul needs to go --Aries traits, and 8th house matters. I wish I had a planet or two supporting my North Node, I need 'em! :annoyed:

david starling

"Intriguing" means "fascinating". I find Astrology itself intriguing, and this Conjuction as well. :cool:

Horus

"Intriguing" means "fascinating". I find Astrology itself intriguing, and this Conjuction as well. :cool:

Good! :joyful:

That fascination is derived from the secrecy and/or mystery associated with the root word, and the 8th can possibly bring forth an intriguing quality I suppose, but that isn't conveyed through a connection to Mars or the Ascendant which, I think is why CoV admits to not eliciting that kind of reaction from others.

Personally, when I think of "intriguing" I think of Scorpio Rising. :cool:

Save

david starling

Good! :joyful:

That fascination is derived from the secrecy and/or mystery associated with the root word, and the 8th can possibly bring forth an intriguing quality I suppose, but that isn't conveyed through a connection to Mars or the Ascendant which, I think is why CoV admits to not eliciting that kind of reaction from others.

Personally, when I think of "intriguing" I think of Scorpio Rising. :cool:

Save

Interesting that Mars is in Gemini which is ruled by Mercury, and that Mercury is in Aries, which is ruled by Mars. Nice Sextile!

Last edited:

Horus

Interesting that Mars is in Gemini which is ruled by Mercury, and that Mercury is in Aries, which is ruled by Mars. Nice Sextile!

That's mutual reception and that's certainly a valid sextile at 4+°. I guess an alleged intriguing quality isn't being transmitted through Mars assertion, or it's kept very hidden, or it's simply not there. lol

Horus

Well I thought maybe I had a nice chart but I guess not lol. I think I have a nice personality though I mean people seem to like me.

You have good chart. The 9th is a good place for the Sun, there's lots of lovely, harmonious trines to it, to the Moon and to the ASC, and you have your challenges too, especially with Pluto and Saturn.

ChildOfVenus

What challenges do I have with Saturn and Pluto? Is it because of the Venus square Saturn and me having Saturn in the 4th house? And Pluto square Moon and my Sun? I hate having Saturn in the 4th house I'm going through my Saturn Return right now and it's really causing issues.
You have good chart. The 9th is a good place for the Sun, there's lots of lovely, harmonious trines to it, to the Moon and to the ASC, and you have your challenges too, especially with Pluto and Saturn.

david starling

Well I thought maybe I had a nice chart but I guess not lol. I think I have a nice personality though I mean people seem to like me.

I was asking if you IDENTIFIED as being "intriguing", because of that unusual Conjunction. You DO have what I consider "a very nice" Chart. There's just "more to you than meets the eye", and you prefer to keep that part of your nature to yourself. Nothing wrong with that! :cool:

Last edited: