inconsistent faith

tee_jay66

http://i45.tinypic.com/f27rxf.gif[/IMG
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/f27rxf.gif[/IMG
Hi, this is my birthchart done in equal house...usually use koch or whole house but getting confusing.
My question is that ive always searched for God or truth and have got into buddhism, tao, yoga, christianity, non-duality on and on....
I always think I have found the truth whenever I get deeply into something only to find after a few months or however long that I get bored or change my mind and no longer know what I believe anymore.
I used to be a practising christian years ago and put my astrology aside believing it was wrong and went full pelt into it, only after a year I started rebelling and had other ideas I wanted to explore, so left the church and turned my back on christianity.

I came back to astrology, yoga and non-duality but after a couple years started getting anxious as to what the 'truth' was and needed something more concrete to practise my faith and worship. I started going back to church and got heavily into jesus again and thought that was it, I had refound my faith...once again leaving astrology behind..that was a year ago, now im getting curious again...I havent left my faith behind but am wanting to explore different avenues again and pick up other threads of thought.

I know my neptune opposes moon which leads to confusion in thought and feelings. I think my neptune being afflicted is the main culprit and my sun in 8th shows my love of the occult or religions.

Can anyone help me fathom out how I can find more consistency in what I believe as I want to ground my faith in something and stop being so confused and inconsistent in who I am or what I believe. I really need to set my belief on something solid. Why cant I stick to chritianity and stop asking questions????

Im tired of searching for answers:sad:

sorry guys Ive just realised that Im having trouble pasting my chart, it is on here but I cannot open it...anyone know how? I did read the forum help but it hasnt worked. I clicked paste and only words came up

Last edited:

Moog

Hiya

The Sun rules the 9th. The Sun is naturally a steady planet. However, he's in the 8th, and the 8th is a place of turbulence and changes. Poor Sun

I wonder if you have a meditation practice? It seems to me that that is the important core of all religions.

tee_jay66

Hiya

The Sun rules the 9th. The Sun is naturally a steady planet. However, he's in the 8th, and the 8th is a place of turbulence and changes. Poor Sun

I wonder if you have a meditation practice? It seems to me that that is the important core of all religions.

Im glad you could see my chart. Turbulence and change makes sense....my life has been one personal crisis after the next hence why I was trying to stabilise myself through my north node placement in taurus through gardening and walking....which helps sometimes

Meditation is another thing I will start with and then get bored or distracted from it.....and give up

Moog

Im glad you could see my chart. Turbulence and change makes sense....my life has been one personal crisis after the next hence why I was trying to stabilise myself through my north node placement in taurus through gardening and walking....which helps sometimes

Meditation is another thing I will start with and then get bored or distracted from it.....and give up

It might help. I notice you have Moon/NN conjunction which tends to make for a lot of emotional disturbance, and meditation definitely helps there too (I have Rahu/Moon)

9th ruler in the 8th is 12th from 9th, which indicates loss (12) of faith in traditional religion (9), and certainly a tendency towards more occult-ish practices. (8)

I don't personally seen anything wrong with that, but I don't live in the bible belt or anything.

Perhaps instead of trying to force consistency, perhaps becoming comfortable with inconsistency is an idea.

IleneK

Premium Member
http://i45.tinypic.com/f27rxf.gif[/IMG
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/f27rxf.gif[/IMG
Hi, this is my birthchart done in equal house...usually use koch or whole house but getting confusing.
My question is that ive always searched for God or truth and have got into buddhism, tao, yoga, christianity, non-duality on and on....
I always think I have found the truth whenever I get deeply into something only to find after a few months or however long that I get bored or change my mind and no longer know what I believe anymore.
I used to be a practising christian years ago and put my astrology aside believing it was wrong and went full pelt into it, only after a year I started rebelling and had other ideas I wanted to explore, so left the church and turned my back on christianity.

I came back to astrology, yoga and non-duality but after a couple years started getting anxious as to what the 'truth' was and needed something more concrete to practise my faith and worship. I started going back to church and got heavily into jesus again and thought that was it, I had refound my faith...once again leaving astrology behind..that was a year ago, now im getting curious again...I havent left my faith behind but am wanting to explore different avenues again and pick up other threads of thought.

I know my neptune opposes moon which leads to confusion in thought and feelings. I think my neptune being afflicted is the main culprit and my sun in 8th shows my love of the occult or religions.

Can anyone help me fathom out how I can find more consistency in what I believe as I want to ground my faith in something and stop being so confused and inconsistent in who I am or what I believe. I really need to set my belief on something solid. Why cant I stick to chritianity and stop asking questions????

Im tired of searching for answers:sad:

sorry guys Ive just realised that Im having trouble pasting my chart, it is on here but I cannot open it...anyone know how? I did read the forum help but it hasnt worked. I clicked paste and only words came up[/QUOTE]

I have deleted my request for you birth data. I can see your chart and will try to post a comment later.

retinoid

that's because you are approaching SPIRITuality through the mind. The mind is by nature fickle, looking for its next 'fix' and has expectations based on what it has been programmed (what you have seen on T.V., what others tell you, etc.) and constantly bored/unsatisfied. If it were not so, would our universe be so chaotic and constantly changing? So yes, if you approach spirituality using your mind, then you will be inconsistent. Just as if you approach anything using your mind, you will most likely be inconsistent however some minds are more fixed and have staying power. This includes relationships by the way (over 50% divorce rate in the U.S.....)

IleneK

Premium Member
I agree with Moog's comments. Along with that, I think your boredom and inconsistency in the matters of faith and the quest for truth/understanding may come in part from the applying semisquare [45 deg] between Mercury and Uranus Pluto.

Inconsistency is Uranus' trademark, and Mercury is the source of our curiosity/boredom. For this reason, you may be continually and intermittently challenged to keep your interest, which is a necessary element underlying faith [or lots of things, for that matter].

Then you have Saturn, retrograding out of Aries back into Pisces, giving it some traditional dignity, and thus, strength, by term. And it very closely trines Mercury. This to me might account for natural, ongoing pulling back to a spiritual, if not religious, foundation.

And I think this matter is amplified by the fact that Uranus, and its mythological antithesis and destroyer, Saturn, are both working on Mercury, which is then largely unaspected by any other planet in the chart.

Just some thoughts for your consideration.

Last edited:

Moog

that's because you are approaching SPIRITuality through the mind. The mind is by nature fickle, looking for its next 'fix' and has expectations based on what it has been programmed (what you have seen on T.V., what others tell you, etc.) and constantly bored/unsatisfied. If it were not so, would our universe be so chaotic and constantly changing? So yes, if you approach spirituality using your mind, then you will be inconsistent. Just as if you approach anything using your mind, you will most likely be inconsistent however some minds are more fixed and have staying power. This includes relationships by the way (over 50% divorce rate in the U.S.....)

Uhh, so what's the alternative?

tee_jay66

ok this is interesting...as moog replied about using meditation as a tool for truth. I see this. Do you believe we instinctively know the 'truth' inside of us and its more of a 'feeling' then? I think my feelings cannot be relied upon. If it is nothing we can learn....why are there so many written down religions and faith? Is there no knowledge to be found?

Last edited:

tee_jay66

I agree with Moog's comments. Along with that, I think your boredom and inconsistency in the matters of faith and the quest for truth/understanding may come in part from the applying semisquare [45 deg] between Mercury and Uranus Pluto.

Inconsistency is Uranus' trademark, and Mercury is the source of our curiosity/boredom. For this reason, you may be continually and intermittently challenged to keep your interest, which is a necessary element underlying faith [or lots of things, for that matter].

Then you have Saturn, retrograding out of Aries back into Pisces, giving it some traditional dignity, and thus, strength, by term. And it very closely trines Mercury. This to me might account for natural, ongoing pulling back to a spiritual, if not religious, foundation.

And I think this matter is amplified by the fact that Uranus, and its mythological antithesis and destroyer, Saturn, are both working on Mercury, which is then largely unaspected by any other planet in the chart.

Just some thoughts for your consideration.
thanks for your insight...Ive never considered saturn before, only that it was conjunct chiron and retrograde. Mercury was never a consideration...yes its food for thought:happy:

Moog

ok this is interesting...as another replied about using meditation as a tool for truth. I see this. Do you believe we instinctively know the 'truth' inside of us and its more of a 'feeling' then? I think my feelings cannot be relied upon. If it is nothing we can learn....why are there so many written down religions and faith? Is there no knowledge to be found?

In my view, the textual materials are indicative signposts that can be used to show us 'the way'

But the way is not something you can read or think about, it's a process to be undergone.

I think what Retinoid was trying to say is that an intellectual/mentalised approach won't work in developing contact with God or Spirit or whatever label we'd like to apply there.

IleneK

Premium Member
ok this is interesting...as another replied about using meditation as a tool for truth. I see this. Do you believe we instinctively know the 'truth' inside of us and its more of a 'feeling' then? I think my feelings cannot be relied upon. If it is nothing we can learn....why are there so many written down religions and faith? Is there no knowledge to be found?

I agree with your observation about not relying on feelings. I think it is more an innate "knowing", gnosis, that we all possess, and one sure path to that part of you is meditation.

tee_jay66

In my view, the textual materials are indicative signposts that can be used to show us 'the way'

But the way is not something you can read or think about, it's a process to be undergone.

I think what Retinoid was trying to say is that an intellectual/mentalised approach won't work in developing contact with God or Spirit or whatever label we'd like to apply there.
I hear what youre saying 'a process to be undergone'. I understand that is a kind of practical walk through like so to speak...just to carry on what we are doing...but in a mindful way?? so for example, washing the dishes can be an act of worship if done mindfully? Is this a way to truth or am I not understanding what you meant?

retinoid

please also explain this...to use the mind in a way of meditation is watching your thoughts but not attaching yourself to them , yes? How do I learn truth from that...sorry to press on about it?

Unfortunately I do not believe there is an 'answer' only realization through your own personal path. All I am saying is that everyone is inconsistent because we were designed to be that way. Those who are the most tumultuous or who have inherited quite chaotic minds have been cursed/blessed at the same time in the sense that they are in a lot of pain but it also allows them to seek a higher level of being. You say you get bored from different faiths...well most faiths are just figments like everything else. They are like different foods. It is the feeling that you are searching for (the fullness in allusion to foods), which are the same in each faith. You could pray to God, Jesus, Mary, Allah, Shiva...and it will produce the same reaction in you. That reaction is what everyone seeks. But most get caught up in the 'mind'...myths, rituals, what happens when we die, who has the truth, superstition, etc. in which 'spirituality' becomes just another illusion. :)

retinoid

ok this is interesting...as moog replied about using meditation as a tool for truth. I see this. Do you believe we instinctively know the 'truth' inside of us and its more of a 'feeling' then? I think my feelings cannot be relied upon. If it is nothing we can learn....why are there so many written down religions and faith? Is there no knowledge to be found?

I think truth is like the sun. If someone hasn't seen the sun, how can you explain it to them in the sense of actually seeing the sun? How can you describe the sun? Even talking about it totally is different from realizing the sun. The truth is similar to this. It is totally pointless to talk about the truth. Religions and scriptures can help realize it sure, but they do not contain the truth.

EDIT: This is why I like eastern religions a little more because they will outright tell you this. However there are many followers of eastern religions that are very ignorant who think the Vedas for instance are the ultimate truth though an enlightened saddhu would probably have no problem throwing the vedas in the trash.

tee_jay66

I agree with your observation about not relying on feelings. I think it is more an innate "knowing", gnosis, that we all possess, and one sure path to that part of you is meditation.

this inner knowing is something I thought I had. I had an inner 'knowing' that everyone has a divine spark inside of themselves waiting to be developed. But when I expressed this to a christian friend, she said that no-one has a divine spark as we are all born 'dead' because of sin. It is only the acknowledgement of what jesus has done and making him Lord of your life that the holy spirit comes to live inside of us and change us. Ive always struggled with this as I just cannot believe that we are all unworthy and a deep level. I would love to know exactly what is going on at a deeper spiritual level when they talk about original sin....maybe there is a different way to explain it as it doesn't sit ok in my spirit..........or there again maybe im wrong and Im doomed ha ha

P.s christians believe gnostics are a cult:bandit:

tee_jay66

I think truth is like the sun. If someone hasn't seen the sun, how can you explain it to them in the sense of actually seeing the sun? How can you describe the sun? Even talking about it totally is different from realizing the sun. The truth is similar to this. It is totally pointless to talk about the truth. Religions and scriptures can help realize it sure, but they do not contain the truth.

EDIT: This is why I like eastern religions a little more because they will outright tell you this. However there are many followers of eastern religions that are very ignorant who think the Vedas for instance are the ultimate truth though an enlightened saddhu would probably have no problem throwing the vedas in the trash.

I think Ive bamboozled my mind with too much as I got confused about being confused.....

I had this argument with my christian friends. I did really believe that the scriptures were real as there were eye witnesses who followed Jesus and watched him die and resurrect. Every time I was unsure, people would say "of course it is the truth and only truth because Jesus said he was the only way the truth and the life....this is why I wanted to follow Jesus because he was the ultimate, and only way to salvation. In your view is there a different way of interpreting the scriptures? Do you think they are reliable evidence?

Moog

this inner knowing is something I thought I had. I had an inner 'knowing' that everyone has a divine spark inside of themselves waiting to be developed. But when I expressed this to a christian friend, she said that no-one has a divine spark as we are all born 'dead' because of sin. It is only the acknowledgement of what jesus has done and making him Lord of your life that the holy spirit comes to live inside of us and change us. Ive always struggled with this as I just cannot believe that we are all unworthy and a deep level. I would love to know exactly what is going on at a deeper spiritual level when they talk about original sin....maybe there is a different way to explain it as it doesn't sit ok in my spirit..........or there again maybe im wrong and Im doomed ha ha

P.s christians believe gnostics are a cult:bandit:

I have a lot of time for Gnosticism, it makes a lot of sense to me.

It's possible to believe simultaneously that we have the inner spark, but also that we have original sin. They aren't incompatible. We are born, and quite naturally are drawn to sin, and unless we 'wake up' and take that spark and turn it into a fire, we remain sinners, or 'spiritually dead'.