Mars Quincunx Ascendant

AquaScorpio

What exactly does this mean? My Scorpio Mars is Quincunx my Aries Ascendant. This is one aspect I'm not to sure about. I've read that a Quincunx is a moderately stressful and unpredictable aspect. However, it seems strange that my Mars in Scorpio strains my Ascendant in Aries, being that Mars is the rule of Aries. Does this minimize the strain or does it not even matter?

I've read on this website that this aspect makes me tend to exhaust my energy by trying to do more than I'm physically capable of. Strangely, the definition includes impatience and being fearless, which would be magnified im assuming by my Aries Asc.

Anyone have this Aspect, or any thoughts on it?

giacinto

hi:)

Ascendant Quincunx Mars </B>
You tend to deplete your energy by trying to do more than you are physically able. You never want anyone to say that you did not try hard to accomplish everything you set out to. But you are somewhat careless about taking safety precautions because you want to feel that you are fearless in any task you perform. When someone doubts you can do what you say, you feel personally challenged and proceed to prove you can. Sometimes you regret your impulsiveness, for you tend to bite off more than you can chew. But you will never admit it when the going gets rough.
With all your energy, you are impatient for results and anxious to develop your talents as soon as possible. Your parents probably trained you to respond to challenging situations without taking too much time to think before accepting the competition. You are not a reflective person, which is one of your weaknesses. Learn to consider whether you can succeed before accepting a challenge. Although you are resourceful in capitalizing on your talents, there is still a limit to what you can do.
Your superiors admire your courage, but they deplore your foolhardiness when caution is required. Your refusal to believe that you have any weaknesses can get you into a lot of hot water. Your friends may dare you to try things they would not try themselves, so why should you take the risk?
You like contact with people, especially when they disagree with you, because you enjoy arguments, even if you do not win them. You know how to gain the confidence of those you deal with because you can do things they are unable to do for themselves. You are a whirlwind when you set your mind to accomplish something, and you drive yourself to exhaustion. Being so restless and energetic, you would enjoy participating in sports, and it would be a good outlet for your energy.
You may drive yourself rather hard sexually, too, perhaps putting more effort in than is really necessary. It would be worthwhile for you to settle back, relax, and let your partner do more of the work. You might find that twice as enjoyable, and it would give you a needed rest from time to time. Similarly you should try some of the less physical forms of loving, such as playing out fantasies that do not involve a lot of physical contact. Such fantasies can utilize the mind and imagination to heighten sexuality far beyond what is physically possible. This has the double effect of taking away the pressure to perform and of improving the physical aspects of sex as well. Fantasy exploration can also reveal areas of yourself that you are not familiar with. If lack of self-awareness is causing you to get less than your full pleasure potential from love, this can help by removing much of the mystery. You are certainly capable of taking the most energetic sexual roles. You may find that expending extra energy on the details gives you a more flowing kind of expression on the physical level without additional thought or pressure.

wilsontc

Staff member
adjustment, to Aqua

Aqua,

You said:
I've read that a Quincunx is a moderately stressful and unpredictable aspect.

I've found the most helpful way to look at the quincunx is it is an aspect of "adjustment". So, in your example of Mars quincunx your Ascendant, there needs to be some "adjustment" between your actions (Mars) and your self (Ascendant).

Adjustably,

Tim