When the quesited is ruled by MOON.

virgo18

I seen some horary responses where the quesited person or thing is represented by the Moon, which also represents the querent as a co-ruler... But I don't know it those charts are radical, or if there is a safe way to interpret them.

If the quesited is the Moon, then the Moon stills representing the querent? Or the co-ruler of the querent will be other one?

RayAustin

Reading 'a doctrine of horary questions' by John Gadbury in front of me, he states

Being well versed therein, observe the Nature of your Question propounded, and give the Moon, the Ascendant, and his Lord, &c. to the Querent; then consider, unto what House the person or thing enquired after belongs, and give the Moon, the Cusp of that House, and his Lord, unto the Person or thing enquired after

So in his technique he used the Moon as a general significator of both parties.

Contemporarily I see astrologers using the Moon separately from the querent if it happens to rule the quesited house. That is how I use it. Makes things less confusing.

lANE

Ray, I agree with the way you use it, but I read Gadbury a little differently. I don't think he meant the moon as L7, but was silent on the moon. Did he use it the way you read it in his horaries?

lANE

Also, Ray, many of the ancients, as you doubtless know, used the moon as "the wife" in romantic horaries. I have often wondered if an horary was by a third party wondering if a specific couple would divorce, would the moon represent the wife? What is your take on this? I I have done several where I felt the wife was showing up as Mars, if the moon was assigned to querent.

RayAustin

Ray, I agree with the way you use it, but I read Gadbury a little differently. I don't think he meant the moon as L7, but was silent on the moon. Did he use it the way you read it in his horaries?

What do you mean? He says it in pretty plain english.

RayAustin

Also, Ray, many of the ancients, as you doubtless know, used the moon as "the wife" in romantic horaries. I have often wondered if an horary was by a third party wondering if a specific couple would divorce, would the moon represent the wife? What is your take on this? I I have done several where I felt the wife was showing up as Mars, if the moon was assigned to querent.

Hm. Well personally I really never do third-party horaries, unless indirectly in a romance horary for example the quesited person seems to be involved with someone else, which is often seen by the quesited planet being joined to another planet that does not signify the querent. In this case in my opinion it could be any planet as long as it's not the querent's.