Eris and Sedna

Mersenne

What is the currrent thinking on the rulerships and attributes of Virgo and Taurus? I allocate Sedna to Virgo and Eris to Taurus (as co-, not main or sub-rulers) for the following reasons.

1. Aesthetic. The allocation completes the traditional schema, putting the planets in the order from the fastest moving (Moon) to the slowest (and remembering that the Sun is actually still). I illustrate this in the attachment.
2. Mythological. There are two mythological Erises; the Goddess of discord who threw the Golden Apples at Peleus' wedding, suggesting an antithetical connection with Venus and Libra, and a less sinister daughter of Nyx, connected with a primitive work ethic. Both suggest Taurus. Sedna is the Inuit analogue of Persephone, the Virgin herself. The prominence of marine resources should, I think, be deemphasised in terms of reflex action from Pisces.
3. Synchronistic. Sedna was discovered in 2003, the European Year of Disability; very Virgo/6th house. Eris was discovered in 2005, when the policy of subprime mortgage management achieved its earliest prominance. Eris thus established her presence ready to preside over the current financial troubles; Taurus and the economy are linked in Mundane astrology.
4. Personal. The suggested rulerships sit well in my own Nativity.
5. Historic. The suggested rulerships and attributions sit well in several important horoscopes. For instance, Margaret Thatcher (below).

Problems: I originally had difficulty reconciling Eris with Taurus, due to the associations of "lawlessness". On the synchronistic level this association was inescapable. Even if the original name "Xena" had been adopted, this was the name of a fictional bandit portrayed by the actress Ms. Lucy Lawless. However, lawlessness is not possible without the concept of property, and this is certainly a Taurean association. It is even possible to identify the two; consider the old Marxist truism "property is theft". Therefore, the greed and acquisitiveness of the sign under affliction, hitherto often attributed to reflex action from Scorpio, sits very well in the rulership of Taurus. I interpret Eris as "competitiveness, recognition of and pursuit of scarce resources".

I interpret Sedna as "ability to analyse and construct useful models, for means of maintenance". This is an attribute of Virgo which complements mercury nicely; Mercury mimics, but Sedna models.

The influence of the new planets in the chart of Margeret Thatcher is quite spectacular. Sedna completes a Grand Cross with Sun, Pluto and Jupiter. Eris completes a Grand Trine with Venus and the North Node.

First, the Cross, Sedna (Aries) Square Pluto (Cancer) Opposition Sun (Libra) Square Jupiter (Capricorn). If my own associations are correct, then the Grand Cross may be read as "aggressive models of policy leading to difficult and profound change in the conditions of common people"; "such models in confrontation with a centralised opposition associated with fairer distribution"; and "the same models causing difficulty for traditional concepts of liberality and charity". This seems wholly approproiate for the creator of "Thatcherism", the aggressive use of monetarist policies and the repression of non-governmental (non-Conservative) institutions and initiaves.

Secondly, the Trine, Eris (Aries) Trine North Node (Leo) Trine Venus (Sagittarius). This would read "aggressive competition assisiting and assisted by known allies, to further the free practice and expansion of trade". Regretably, the Grand Cross effectively perverted the promise of this trine.

What are the thoughts of the forum?

Attachments

• astrology insert.png
    astrology insert.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 30

CapAquaPis

Good idea to include Eris, Sedna, Xena and least not forget Ceres, Chrion (astro.com includes the celestial object on its horoscopes and personal star charts), Lilith and Criuthne to the ruling or co-ruler planets of each of the 12 signs.

Gemini has a negative Plutonian side: the corrupt, self-centered, egoist or greedy trickster of Mercury can take form of Pluto, not only the god of hell and death: Note the term "plutarch" means an aristocratic or highly rich elite rules over everyone else.

And to elaborate on the Plutonic-Piscine nature of good luck and wealth, but prone to decadence and failure means Pluto or the moon Charon revolves around Pluto should determine any signs ruled by Pluto or specifically ruled by its moon Charon.

Traditional and updated ruler planets cast over influence of their representative signs:

THE SUN: Leo, OUR MOON: Cancer, MERCURY: Gemini and Virgo, VENUS: Taurus and Libra, MARS/PLUTO: Aries and Scorpio, JUPITER/NEPTUNE: Pisces and Sagittarius, SATURN/URANUS: Capricorn and Aquarius; and EARTH or True Node (?): Virgo.

Some astrologers believe Ophiuchus combined with Serpens/Serpentarius represents the EARTH in the new sidereal system.

ERIS: Aries, Gemini, Leo and/or Sagittarius; CERES: Taurus, Cancer, Virgo and/or Libra; SEDNA: Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn and/or Pisces; XENA: Leo, Libra, Sagittarius and/or Aquarius; CHARON (Pluto's moon): Aries, Taurus, Leo, Libra, Scorpio and/or Pisces; LILITH (Near-earth Object): Aries, Cancer, Virgo and/or Scorpio; CRUITHNE (the other Near-Earth object): Taurus, Virgo, Sagittarius and/or Capricorn; CHIRON: Gemini, Virgo, Libra and/or Pisces; and THE GALACTIC CENTER: Aries and/or Taurus.

I can't be sure Eris represents Taurus and Sedna does in Gemini, but the "orbiting" Virgo Supercluster, North & South Galactic Poles, North & South Eliptical Poles, including the North Star Polaris (could had a ruler pattern on Libra & Pisces) and I suppose the Andromeda Galaxy can have 1k, 5k, 10k and 25k year orbits in the so-called 360 degree zodiacal table.

Edit (courtesy of Wikipedia)": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus_(astrology)#Ruling_planets_of_the_astrological_signs_and_houses

Table 2: Traditional houses and planetary relationships.
Note: The planets in the table rule the signs on the same row, and the houses do correspond with the signs on the same row (i.e. Mars rules Aries; Aries and first house share some correspondences). However, it is only modern astrology that links the planets to the houses in this order. The bulk of the tradition assigns planetary rulerships according to the ancient Chaldean astronomical order of the planets (Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon; the former order of the planets in distance from Earth geocentrically):

House Traditional - Ruling planet - Planetary Joy :
1st House Saturn Mercury; 2nd House Jupiter N/A (some say Venus or Saturn); 3rd House Mars Moon; 4th House Sun N/A (Venus or Mercury); 5th House Venus for both (Jupiter or Mars); 6th House Mercury Mars; 7th House Moon N/A (the Sun or Mercury); 8th House Saturn N/A (Venus or Mars); 9th House Jupiter Sun; 10th House Mars N/A (the Moon or the Sun); 11th House Sun Jupiter; 12th House Venus Saturn.

My own proposal of planetary and celestial rulers representing the signs of the astrological zodiac can be found here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=649&page=3&highlight=Xena

And my comments on other proposals of what the planets/celestial bodies influence and rule over the "new" aligned zodiac:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=392504#post392504

Last edited: