how does aquarius feel love?

d3xtre

Hi, I am an Aquarius Sun, Gemini Moon, Aquarius Mercury, Aquarius Venus.
I am wondering.. how am I meant to feel love? LOL I do all sorts of meditations but it's really hit and miss. My aim was to feel love all the time, but I have no idea how to go about this, meditation doesn't work all the time. Honestly I can tell pretty much anyone that I love them, to me it's nothing, I can spread it like confetti, but to actually feel something.. I'm at a loss to know how. :joyful:

katydid

Hi, I am an Aquarius Sun, Gemini Moon, Aquarius Mercury, Aquarius Venus.
I am wondering.. how am I meant to feel love? LOL I do all sorts of meditations but it's really hit and miss. My aim was to feel love all the time, but I have no idea how to go about this, meditation doesn't work all the time. Honestly I can tell pretty much anyone that I love them, to me it's nothing, I can spread it like confetti, but to actually feel something.. I'm at a loss to know how. :joyful:

First of all, No one feels love all of the time. Except maybe the most enlightened ones. So you need not set the bar quite so high to start with.

I understand what you are asking. My daughter is a Gemini with an Aquarian Moon, and she can run hot and cold. But one thing that always gets her to feel emotional is when she thinks of 'groups' of people/children/animals, who are in need. It gets her heart revved up.

Are their organizations/non-profits/animal rescues that get your heart pumping? ]

Maybe you can figure out what 'need' is the closest to your heart and devote time and energy there, to get that feeling of love/devotion/compassion going.

I remember when my daughter had her first serious boyfriend, he would be pouring his heart out to her on the phone, about how deeply he loved her...she would shrug and roll her eyes at me...she was not really moved by it. But if she saw pictures of homeless kids living in cardboard boxes in downtown LA, she would be moved to tears and would run around the house finding warm clothes to go drop off at a shelter.

Maybe you need to think more in a humanitarian, Aquarian way first, in order to figure out where you deepest feelings of love/compassion lie? :love:

Last edited:

noraleader

Banned
i'm a venus cazimi aquarian, being new to astrology, this post is anecdotal.

"love" is a confusing word because it means so many things. you already seem to have the egalitarian sense of aquarian ..they say "friendship" that it is prudent to have and extend consideration for all people, things, perceptible and imperceptible.

what you seem to be seeking is desire, a consuming passion. this imo is somehwat (maybe not, but maybe) at odds with intellectual, disattached aquarian..

..it's like god, god cannot be "wholly" if god is only a part of the world, god has to stay the entire world, lest, being a part, god lose perspective.

ova and ova again! :)

desire, pa-shun, shouldn't be too hard to access, after all, many things in society will corroborate this sense of desire. if we use the god model again, perhaps it is like losing your god perspective, to gain something in the process, an experience. this may not necessarily be painless, prudent, or necessary, which could be why, when you are faced with the prospect, you are reluctant to fully immerse yourself.

after all, on this planet, all people are meat skeletons, to the grave they will go. do you wish to celebrate the transitory, or honour something more integral?

if you are somewhat distant from selfish lust, then perhaps a way *into* passion is to find someone who desires you, who is attracted to you for some arbitrary, silly reason, who may be dangerous and consume or use you. then, as an egalitarian aquarian with a heart big enough to give the whole world, you donate yourself to fulfill this persons desires, and rob a bit of the sentiment in the process.

you want heart burn...? take one of these and call "me" in the morning ;)

these meat skeletons, what do they celebrate, what do they desire? they are in illusion. perhaps if you are careful you can get a whiff and manage to preserve your egalitarian self instead of losing it to these selfish interests, i think you'll be lucky to find someone who preserves wholistic intent.

(perhaps this is too far in one direction of thought, reductio ad absurdum, interpolate as necessary.. :) )

*edit* adds... boring.. what's wrong with boring? i strongly, strongly advise you, whatever path you choose to pursue, to check the link in my sig and devour the tao te ching... boredom is good! boredom is a great and generous friend! boredom is the salvation from hideous, maleific interest! amitabha! if you're young.. you'll remember it when you're old and have been through the wringer a few times..

Last edited:

sibylline

What is your Ascendant and which houses are your Moon and Aqua planets? Aquarius cares about people on a broad, abstract level. If they have strong water placements there can be deeper, more individualized emotion but generally not.

CapAquaPis

First of all, I'm Aquarius Sun/Moon (Feb. 15, 1980) and Cancer ascendant, a combination of weird and tender (people view me as strange and showing more emotions). How do I feel love depends on the lunar influence in my sign afflicted by the ruling sign in rising/ascendant.

Kitchy

Banned
Hello -

I am Sun Aquarius, Moon Gemini & Merc Aquarius :smile: like you -

It might help to read/practice up on house placements and aspects to those planets within your chart, to get better idea of how your aquarian nature gives and receives love in relation to the whole of you.

Moon reveals our emotional comfort zones
Venus reveals our loving nature
Mercury reveals our communication processes

Yet, egardless of the sign they are in - the aspect they have with other planets or the angles of the chart, can tell you more, in-depth, about how you love, how you feel love, etc., than the sign alone can.

An example: a venus aquarius with an opposition to pluto in leo:

Venus in aquarius is said to be un-possessive or detached in matters of heart, yet in opposition to Pluto, it could create incredible see-saws of freedom-closeness - possessiveness - possibly intense jealousy or need for control in love relationships - things that are not considered as being Aquarian attributes.

Love2Know

I dont buy it.. love is a right time right place right state of mind. I believe a chart full of aqua could be the most passionate lover given the right person. If someone is rolling their eyes at a lover's despair. You are either married to them or not Really into them. Lolololol

d3xtre

i'm a venus cazimi aquarian, being new to astrology, this post is anecdotal.

"love" is a confusing word because it means so many things. you already seem to have the egalitarian sense of aquarian ..they say "friendship" that it is prudent to have and extend consideration for all people, things, perceptible and imperceptible.

what you seem to be seeking is desire, a consuming passion. this imo is somehwat (maybe not, but maybe) at odds with intellectual, disattached aquarian..

..it's like god, god cannot be "wholly" if god is only a part of the world, god has to stay the entire world, lest, being a part, god lose perspective.

ova and ova again! :)

desire, pa-shun, shouldn't be too hard to access, after all, many things in society will corroborate this sense of desire. if we use the god model again, perhaps it is like losing your god perspective, to gain something in the process, an experience. this may not necessarily be painless, prudent, or necessary, which could be why, when you are faced with the prospect, you are reluctant to fully immerse yourself.

after all, on this planet, all people are meat skeletons, to the grave they will go. do you wish to celebrate the transitory, or honour something more integral?

if you are somewhat distant from selfish lust, then perhaps a way *into* passion is to find someone who desires you, who is attracted to you for some arbitrary, silly reason, who may be dangerous and consume or use you. then, as an egalitarian aquarian with a heart big enough to give the whole world, you donate yourself to fulfill this persons desires, and rob a bit of the sentiment in the process.

you want heart burn...? take one of these and call "me" in the morning ;)

these meat skeletons, what do they celebrate, what do they desire? they are in illusion. perhaps if you are careful you can get a whiff and manage to preserve your egalitarian self instead of losing it to these selfish interests, i think you'll be lucky to find someone who preserves wholistic intent.

*edit* adds... boring.. what's wrong with boring? i strongly, strongly advise you, whatever path you choose to pursue, to check the link in my sig and devour the tao te ching... boredom is good! boredom is a great and generous friend! boredom is the salvation from hideous, maleific interest! amitabha! if you're young.. you'll remember it when you're old and have been through the wringer a few times..

LOL at robbing sentiment, I like that. Done it before haha
I should clarify I don't mean heart burn, I mean the spiritual heart and I've had whiffs of that so to speak. Just not enough to make me believe I'm not deluded...

Boring is usual for me, and that's ok I guess. Thanks for that perspective :)

ok here are the houses, I haven't tried painting a whole picture with this, i tend to isolate the stuff..

taurus rising
sun aqua 10th
gem moon 2nd
merc aqua 9th
venus aqua 9th

my only water is pluto in scorpio and pisces nn

no fire either, maybe that's why i want that fire in my chest - prob a opposite sign leo thing??

d3xtre

Hi duen, yeah i can relate to what you wrote. I was very detached in my youth, still am in fact. there is definately a buffer between me and reality. Did you manage to reconnect to your emotions over the last few years? If so what helped?

duenderoja

Hi duen, yeah i can relate to what you wrote. I was very detached in my youth, still am in fact. there is definately a buffer between me and reality. Did you manage to reconnect to your emotions over the last few years? If so what helped?

Yes!

It took meditating (you are already good at this!) on my core values. Core values are very short sentences that make up your person. My old core values:

I am unloved. (Moon conjunct south node)
I am unloveable.
I do not matter.
I am not special.
I am not wanted.

Supporting beliefs and predictions:

Nobody loves me.
Nobody wants me.

Linked issues:
Caring, sharing, unconditional loving, balancing my giving and receiving

This is my personal work list. Be objective when you make your own: http://www.core-beliefs-balance.com/example_negative_core_beliefs.htm

What I did was enter my heart place while meditating, which is a white room in the center of a big fiery sun. I went over my life, and analyzed all of my painful memories that supported the negative core beliefs. Each memory became a handful or a huge wad of clay - and I built a statue with the clay. I did not exclude any memory. This took a couple days.

I started to focus on positive core beliefs and reasons they were true and applied to me.

When the statue was finished, I began to purge myself by disposing (burning by dropping pieces through a black hole in the center of the white room into the Sun) of pieces of the statue and saying positive core beliefs for each burned piece.

The Sun is my own personal visualization- I am sure you have or will have your own.

After this I felt like a new person. It became easier to share and be nice to others. I was always polite, but that is different from nice. You are more able to become vulnerable with select others, and vulnerability is where the ability to feel is.

I can answer any questions if I was unclear, this was my journey.

AND JOURNAL, JOURNAL, JOURNAL! Journaling is good for us head types. iOS app I use: DayOne. Apple Store link:https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/app...s/id1044867788?mt=8&at=10lnHI&ct=dayoneappcom

Last edited:

katydid

Just wondering...what do you mean by this?

I was trying to get the native to lower the bar, and lower his expectations, concerning 'love.' He said his goal was to feel love all of the time. That seems like a lofty goal --especially for a Gemini/Aquarius , to pull off.

So I replied that only the most enlightened can feel love all of the time. :love:

I think the Dalai Lama feels love all of the time. The rest of us, not so much.

I do feel unconditional love for my children and my grandchild, ALL of the time. I always love them, even when they were obnoxious teens.

Kitchy

Banned
D3- I am mostly responding to Duen's post to agree with what she wrote, but if it is helpful to you in this matter, as an Aquarian - then good!

D - what you wrote -

I am unloveable.
I do not matter.
I am not special.
I am not wanted.

I'm a fairly fortified Aquarian with moon square the nodes. I did this exercise you speak of many years ago and felt it very helpful in reconditioning my thought patterns - back in the 80's we called them "self tapes" regardless of the the buzzwords of the time, they are valuable for getting at those matters you speak of.

Every time I had those thoughts - "I'm ugly, I'm mean rotten, No body will love me - I learned to repeat this 'tape' that I re-learned as a response to myself.

I am beautiful. I am loving. And I am worthy of being loved.

In some way - it is a mantra for the sad thing about Aquarians in particular ~ that we are astrologically 'conditioned' to care about all of humanity around us - but because we feel detached from that same humanity - we often separate from the care of ourselves in the same manner. I suppose all folks feel this way, however, for Aquarian types - it somehow indicates to us, on subtle levels - that we are 'different' from others and we don't "need, want" anything from others concerning ourselves.

I don't know for sure - but it certainly doesn't hurt to re-program those tapes that keep us believing we will never feel love.

Those in the mirror moments create hard times for Aquarius when s/he has to come down from the heavens and remember that his/hers is an earthly body with emotional needs.

duenderoja

D3- I am mostly responding to Duen's post to agree with what she wrote, but if it is helpful to you in this matter, as an Aquarian - then good!

D - what you wrote -

I am unloveable.
I do not matter.
I am not special.
I am not wanted.

I'm a fairly fortified Aquarian with moon square the nodes. I did this exercise you speak of many years ago and felt it very helpful in reconditioning my thought patterns - back in the 80's we called them "self tapes" regardless of the the buzzwords of the time, they are valuable for getting at those matters you speak of.

Every time I had those thoughts - "I'm ugly, I'm mean rotten, No body will love me - I learned to repeat this 'tape' that I re-learned as a response to myself.

I am beautiful. I am loving. And I am worthy of being loved.

In some way - it is a mantra for the sad thing about Aquarians in particular ~ that we are astrologically 'conditioned' to care about all of humanity around us - but because we feel detached from that same humanity - we often separate from the care of ourselves in the same manner. I suppose all folks feel this way, however, for Aquarian types - it somehow indicates to us, on subtle levels - that we are 'different' from others and we don't "need, want" anything from others concerning ourselves.

I don't know for sure - but it certainly doesn't hurt to re-program those tapes that keep us believing we will never feel love.

Those in the mirror moments create hard times for Aquarius when s/he has to come down from the heavens and remember that his/hers is an earthly body with emotional needs.

The plus side of my method is that is permanent. No later repeating a mantra. Meditation is great for reprogramming.

d3xtre

Wow, that list was very helpful duen.

I done muscle tested the past few weeks to identify core beliefs using the Dane Thomas method - in his book "Clear your ****".

So doing this I was able to identify these beliefs as culprits

I’m unprotected
I am afraid
Other people manipulate me and control my life
I can’t understand
I am crazy
I don’t know what is real
I am unwelcome
I don’t have motivation

From this list I narrowed it down to one belief that is: I am unwelcome.

I feel this very deeply, see, because I have in the past connected with my emotions, but when I did - I was given medication.

From here I have deduced that bringing my whole energy and power to the forefront is unwelcome (possibly a mars in taurus 12th house issue also).

I think there is more surrounding that which I will take a look at.

Thank you so much for your help :love:

duenderoja

Wow, that list was very helpful duen.

I done muscle tested the past few weeks to identify core beliefs using the Dane Thomas method - in his book "Clear your ****".

So doing this I was able to identify these beliefs as culprits

I’m unprotected
I am afraid
Other people manipulate me and control my life
I can’t understand
I am crazy
I don’t know what is real
I am unwelcome
I don’t have motivation

From this list I narrowed it down to one belief that is: I am unwelcome.

I feel this very deeply, see, because I have in the past connected with my emotions, but when I did - I was given medication.

From here I have deduced that bringing my whole energy and power to the forefront is unwelcome (possibly a mars in taurus 12th house issue also).

I think there is more surrounding that which I will take a look at.

Thank you so much for your help :love:

Yay! The statement beginning with "others" is invalid, sorry to say. They must all begin with "I".

sibylline

ok here are the houses, I haven't tried painting a whole picture with this, i tend to isolate the stuff..

taurus rising
sun aqua 10th
gem moon 2nd
merc aqua 9th
venus aqua 9th

my only water is pluto in scorpio and pisces nn

Do you know how to add charts? It would definitely be helpful. So far it is looking like a "mental" chart to me.

I was trying to get the native to lower the bar, and lower his expectations, concerning 'love.' He said his goal was to feel love all of the time.

Of course you were. I knew that.

[I'm going to go sit in a corner and pretend like tNeptune is not conjunct my natal Sun and I'm not missing details left and right...]