To be Aquarius or to be Pisces ? That is the question...

MissCapricorn

Which is my rising sign mostly?

Sorry if I write this topic in the wrong place! Hope, not...

Well, I have some questions about my ASC.
I know that rising sign(s) is ( are ) in the first house. My first house is big and open to three sign actually: Aquarius, Pisces and a tiny bit Aries. Yes, then I have Aqua ASC... BUT what mean if Aqua is empty and only Saturn stands in Pisces ? Then Saturn makes Pisces stronger, isn't it?
I don't feel myself as Aquarius and my family say about me that I am Pisces-like mostly. Somebody said when I asked this, that my ASC is Aquarius and there's no second rising sign, however my mom says the true is that I'm Capricorn/Pisces...
This confusing to me, therefore I would like to know what should I tell to others about my rising sign: Am I Capricorn/ Aquarius or Capricorn/ Pisces?
Somebody also said that Aquarius and Pisces sign have similarities, but yet I think Pisces can be bigger effect on me...

Thanks if somebody could help with answer! Sorry for my english too!

JUPITERASC

Which is my rising sign mostly?
Rising sign is the sign on the exact Ascendant degree :smile:
Sorry if I write this topic in the wrong place! Hope, not...

Well, I have some questions about my ASC.
I know that rising sign(s) is ( are ) in the first house.
My first house is big and open to three sign actually:
Aquarius, Pisces and a tiny bit Aries.
there are in fact more than thirty different house systems
astro.com Extended Chart Selection page offers options of fourteen different house systems
and
The fact is, the house location of a natal planet can change,
dependent on the house system chosen
easily verify that fact at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
there Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
simply create your natal chart using Whole Sign Houses option
then create the same natal chart but this time using the Placidus option
and compare

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

JUPITERASC

Somebody said when I asked this, that my ASC is Aquarius
and there's no second rising sign,
however my mom says the true is that I'm Capricorn/Pisces...

This confusing to me,

therefore I would like to know what should I tell to others about my rising sign:
Am I Capricorn/ Aquarius or Capricorn/ Pisces?

Somebody also said that Aquarius and Pisces sign have similarities,
but yet I think Pisces can be bigger effect on me...

Thanks if somebody could help with answer!
Sorry for my english too!
If Aquarius is on ascendant degree then Aquarius rising :smile:

since Aquarius ruler Saturn is located in Pisces
then Jupiter the ruler of Pisces has an influence

Last edited:

MissCapricorn

If Aquarius is on ascendant degree then Aquarius rising :smile:

since Aquarius ruler Saturn is located in Pisces
then Jupiter the ruler of Pisces has an influence

Well, I think I start to understand it... Thank you! :)
Here is my map:

1zlqf7n.gif

Schildmaid

Not all Aquarius feel the same :smile:
the "One-Size-Fits-Everyone" School of astrology is unreliable
it is too general
"Pisces-like" is another unreliable generalisation

Yes, signs stereotypes are pretty much nonsense in my opinion. My rising sign is in Capricorn and I'm not interested in business or other stereotype Capricorn things. I'm mostly interested in writing and the arts in general. But I definitely don't act like a stereotype Pisces despite being interested in the arts, nor do I actually have anything in Pisces.

david starling

Yes, signs stereotypes are pretty much nonsense in my opinion. My rising sign is in Capricorn and I'm not interested in business or other stereotype Capricorn things. I'm mostly interested in writing and the arts in general. But I definitely don't act like a stereotype Pisces despite being interested in the arts, nor do I actually have anything in Pisces.

Why would you act Piscean if you don't "actually have anything in Pisces"?:unsure:

Schildmaid

Why would you act Piscean if you don't "actually have anything in Pisces"?:unsure:

Well, if someone had a strong Jupiter or Venus they could act like that without having anything in Pisces. That's where the Pisces stereotypes come from, they don't actually come from the sign of Pisces making people into stereotype Pisceses. Planets are what influence people, not signs. That's also why I think New Agers should stop being all "Aquarius is the best Sun sign" because Aquarius is generally not a good place for the Sun, it doesn't make you a genius to have a weakened Sun.

Last edited:

david starling

Well, if someone had a strong Jupiter or Venus they could act like that without having anything in Pisces. That's where the Pisces stereotypes come from, they don't actually come from the sign of Pisces making people into stereotype Pisceses. Planets are what influence people, not signs. That's also why I think New Agers should stop being all "Aquarius is the best Sun sign" because Aquarius is generally not a good place for the Sun, it doesn't make you a genius to have a weakened Sun.

Are you in favor of excluding Neptune as a major Piscean-ruler? Modern-astrologers use Neptune and the 12th House as indications of Piscean characteristics. (Not arguing, just asking):happy: Oh, and what about Asc. in Pisces?

Last edited:

david starling

Miss Capricorn, here's one Modern interpretation using Whole-sign Houses--the 12th House as having Piscean characteristics, is occupied by the Sign Capricorn. The group of Planets you have in H12, include Neptune, Modern-ruler of Pisces, with Neptune therefore strong in H12. Saturn as Ruler of Capricorn, in Pisces, gives Piscean qualities to Saturn's expression. This would describe your Chart as "Piscean-Capricorn". Aquarius Asc. blends in with this arrangement, since the (Modern) Uranian-rulership of Aquarius is in Capricorn in H12. So, you're a "blend" of Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces.:happy: With MC, Moon, and Jupiter in Sagittarius in H11, you should show strong Sagittarian qualities as well in your social interactions.

Last edited:

MissCapricorn

Well, if your ASC is Aquarius, then that's your ASC. What do you mean you feel like Pisces? In what ways?

OK, now I know : I'm Capricorn/Aquarius . I get it... :) However, I didn't want to speak in stereotypes and I didn't noticed that I would did that...! Anyways, as you wrote too they say Capricorn people are interested in business, but I also never felt this and I can't understand why they say about us that we are ambitions...? What I only said that my family sees me like a Pisces mostly and I also feel myself as a Pisces. And why I feel this? Well, talk about this without stereotypes really not easy... I try to explain. I think so, important to tell that there is quite big difference between what I show outwards and what I am inside me. I feel a Pisces inside me, because I am not just artistic soul, but I am over-emotional and I able to be over- sympathetic too...

I will continue this!!! Sorry...

JUPITERASC

Are you in favor of excluding Neptune as a major Piscean-ruler?
Modern-astrologers use Neptune and the 12th House as indications of Piscean characteristics.
(Not arguing, just asking
):happy:
unreliable generalisations such as allegedly "Piscean characteristics"
leads many astray :smile:
Modern Astrologers DO NOT EXCLUDE JUPITER as Pisces ruler
and simply give c0-rulership to Neptune

Oh, and what about Asc. in Pisces?
by the way
clearly Pisces Ascendant is ruled by Jupiter in both Modern and Traditional astrology
even if other modern astrology co-rulers are tacked on by some

MissCapricorn

Well, if your ASC is Aquarius, then that's your ASC. What do you mean you feel like Pisces? In what ways?
Here is the part II. :D

I have too much feelings, therefore why I am so introverted and others think that I'm anti-social, but they're wrong. I just afraid to show my emotional site, because hard to control if I let it free..
In the case of Aquarius ASC. True, that I look and see the world differently, my opinion often against to the usual way and I can't find my place, but somehow I feel less as a Aquarius. For example, as I know Aqua people have a tendency to extravagant. I like to be behind or hide and I often let to rule myself by another person. I always remember David Bowie if I need a model of Capricorn person with Aquarius rising sign anyways... Maybe this is mean nothing, but he was really Aquarius, I think.

I hope, you can understand what I want to say... Sorry, my english isn't perfect!

JUPITERASC

Miss Capricorn, here's one Modern interpretation using Whole-sign Houses

the 12th House as having Piscean characteristics
12th house has the following significations
tried and tested over nearly two thousand years of traditional astrological practice

Main Rulerships of 12th house

12th house represents matters that are hidden, restrained, secret, incapable of action or of being fully understood.
Traditionally it is a wholly unfortunate house
associated with sad events, sorrow, anguish of mind, tribulation
captivity, imprisonment, persecution, hard labour, all manner of affliction and self-undoing.
It represents places that are denied access to public view
particularly those concerned with seclusion or isolation
or where one is restricted from living a carefree life-style, such as institutions or prisons.
Many sources attribute monasteries to the 12th house as places of isolation
but otherwise monks and nuns belong to the 9th house which represents religious concerns.
12th house has rulership over scandals generally
personal fears and skeletons in the family closet
12th house significations include secret, unknown enemies
such men as maliciously undermine their neighbours
or inform secretly against them: traitors, spies
weakness, infirmity and bondage.
12th house also rules great cattle, such as horses, oxen, elephants
of which Ezra notes "Those which serve as a mount for men"
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h12.html

is occupied by the Sign Capricorn.
The group of Planets you have in H12, include Neptune
Modern-ruler of Pisces
Modern astrologers continue with Pisces as the home of Jupiter with other "co-rulers"

with Neptune therefore strong in H12.
12th house is not a strong placement for a planet
1st house is strongest placment for a planet

JUPITERASC

Saturn as Ruler of Capricorn, in Pisces, gives Piscean qualities to Saturn's expression.
Saturn as ruler of Capricorn, in Pisces
is infuenced by Jupiter, ruler of Pisces
:smile:
This would describe your Chart as "Piscean-Capricorn".
the description is that
Pisces ruler is Jupiter
and
Capricorns ruler is Saturn
therefore Saturn being in the home of Jupiter is influenced by Jupiter
as well as Venus since Pisces is the Exaltation of Venus
i.e.
Well, if someone had a strong Jupiter or Venus
they could act like that without having anything in Pisces.

That's where the Pisces stereotypes come from
they don't actually come from the sign of Pisces making people into stereotype Pisceses.

Planets are what influence people, not signs.

That's also why I think New Agers should stop being all "Aquarius is the best Sun sign"
because Aquarius is generally not a good place for the Sun, it doesn't make you a genius to have a weakened Sun.
Well said

Aquarius Asc. blends in with this arrangement
since the (Modern) Uranian-rulership of Aquarius is in Capricorn in H12.
traditionally
Aquarius ruler is Saturn
in this case Saturn is in Pisces the domicile of Jupiter

So, you're a "blend" of Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces.:happy:
With MC, Moon, and Jupiter in Sagittarius in H11,
you should show strong Sagittarian qualities as well in your social interactions.
Capricorn and Aquarius are both traditional domicles of Saturn
and
Pisces is traditional docicile of Jupiter
and that's accepted by Modern Astrologers

the following is a dignities table in use for nearly two thousand years
on which the outer planets do not appear
and furthermore
no modern astrologer
has offered for consideration an alternative "Modern Astrological Dignities Table
"

GregoryRozek-astrological-tables-01.png

david starling

unreliable generalisations such as allegedly "Piscean characteristics"
leads many astray :smile:
Modern Astrologers DO NOT EXCLUDE JUPITER as Pisces ruler
and simply give c0-rulership to Neptune

by the way
clearly Pisces Ascendant is ruled by Jupiter in both Modern and Traditional astrology
even if other modern astrology co-rulers are tacked on by some

Asc. in Pisces means a Piscean viewpoint strongly influenced by BOTH Neptune and Jupiter in Modern-astrology.