Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-28-2014, 09:06 AM
Darth MI's Avatar
Darth MI Darth MI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 106
Not counting aspects and specific planets,can houses conflict (esp equal planets)?

I am curious. I already know that you can probably guess there will be a hard aspect between planets because they are in certain houses (IE planets in 4th house will be certain to oppose planets in 10th house).

But not counting specific aspects I am curious if strong energies in several houses immediately bring conflict in the personality.

Lets assume say a person has three planets in 3rd house but also 4 planets in 9th house. Lets KISS and say there is no aspects between those planets. Will there still be conflict similar to that of Gemini and Sagittarius who traditionally oppose?

Another example, 2 planets in 11th house and 2 in 8th house. Would a person exhibit a strange personality who is social yet somewhat have a hard time keeping friends for long and vindicative?

If someone has so many planets scatterred all over the place would this bring so many contradictory energy and contribute to someone so inconsistent?

Of course I know the specific planets and aspects count. Someone with Mars and Venus in 11th house and also moon and Jupiter in 5th house will have a totally different natal makeup from someone with the inverse.

But I ask because I notice conflicting energies between people with houses that of signs that traditionally aspects hard as well as the reverse for people with many planets in houses that traditionally trine. Some of these charts have few, if no, aspects between said planets. But I could see conflicts associated with aspects and specific planets like Mars opposing the moon,etc.


In addition I notice (to my surprise) people with dominants of signs that traditionally conflict tend to have strong houses in the traditional ruling houses of said signs! For example Leo-Scorpio dominants with few or no Leo and Scorpio planets having most of their houses in both 8th and 5th and so on.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-28-2014, 10:42 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 51,016
Re: Not counting aspects and specific planets,can houses conflict (esp equal planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth MI View Post
I am curious. I already know that you can probably guess there will be a hard aspect between planets because they are in certain houses
(IE planets in 4th house will be certain to oppose planets in 10th house).

But not counting specific aspects I am curious if strong energies in several houses immediately bring conflict in the personality.

Lets assume say a person has three planets in 3rd house but also 4 planets in 9th house.
Lets KISS and say there is no aspects between those planets. Will there still be conflict similar to that of Gemini and Sagittarius who traditionally oppose?
A simple analytical method answers questions related to having more than one planet in a house
by keeping in mind that the natal chart requires analysis AS A WHOLE

i.e.

WHEN TWO OR MORE PLANETS OCCUPY A HOUSE

'....When many planets occupy the same house,
The most powerful action on the house significations
is from the house ruler
then, from the exaltation ruler
then from the planet with closest natural analogy with the house meanings.

When, among many planets occupying the same house,
some correspond by their analogy to the meanings attached to the house,
whereas others are contrary to them
then ascertain which of these two groups is the most powerful.
If the former, the affairs indicated will be achieved
if the latter, their realization will be impeded or prevented........'


QUOTE

'.When the planets occupying the same house are all benefics,
they anticipate the fulfillment of the good fortune
and the suppression of misfortune indicated by the house.
If they are malefics, the contrary will occur,
unless they are in good zodiacal state in a favorable house.
If some are benefics, and others malefics,
examine with care which ones of the two groups are the most powerful,
and to judge according to the result of this organization
If, in a fortunate house,
a benefic planet is followed by another benefic,
this indicates that the good produced by the house affairs will be stable.....'

HOWEVER


QUOTE

'..If the benefic is followed by a malefic, the fortune acquired will be lost

In an unfortunate house,
a benefic followed by another benefic indicates that the misfortune will not be realized,
or if it is,
in an extremely limited way.
If this benefic is followed by a malefic, however,
the misfortune signified by the house will certainly occur,
but the native will escape it.
But if a malefic is followed by another malefic,
the misfortunes caused will be very serious and the native will never escape them....'

source of the above information at http://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html

BENJAMIN DYKES INTERVIEW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP7LwIA9yMY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth MI View Post
Another example, 2 planets in 11th house and 2 in 8th house.
Would a person exhibit a strange personality who is social yet somewhat have a hard time keeping friends for long and vindicative?
Not necessarily
because the 'One-Size-Fits-all School of Astrological Generalising'
inevitably leads to an inability to find reliable delineate due to over-generalisation

keep in mind that
planets rule houses

and

any of twelve signs could be on the 11th or 8th house
which makes a difference to the interpretation
of each individual natal chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth MI View Post
If someone has so many planets scatterred all over the place
would this bring so many contradictory energy
and contribute to someone so inconsistent?
It is not uncommon for a chart to 'have many planets scattered all over the place'
yet the person does not show inconsistent tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth MI View Post
Of course I know the specific planets and aspects count.
Someone with Mars and Venus in 11th house and also moon and Jupiter in 5th house
will have a totally different natal makeup from someone with the inverse.
Keep in mind ALSO
'someone with Mars and Venus in 11th house'
could apply to millions of people each born with that aspect

and

the massive difference between those millions of people is that
11th house Mars and Venus could be in any of the 12 signs

same situation with Moon and Jupiter in 5th house
millions of natal charts have this aspect
and differ for many reasons
one of those reasons is that 5th house could be in any of the 12 signs

clearly the SIGN is important
because as mentioned earlier planets rule signs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth MI View Post
But I ask because I notice conflicting energies between people with houses that of signs that traditionally aspects hard
as well as the reverse for people with many planets in houses that traditionally trine.
Some of these charts have few, if no, aspects between said planets.
But I could see conflicts associated with aspects and specific planets like Mars opposing the moon,etc.

In addition I notice (to my surprise) people with dominants of signs that traditionally conflict
tend to have strong houses in the traditional ruling houses of said signs!
For example Leo-Scorpio dominants with few or no Leo and Scorpio planets
having most of their houses in both 8th and 5th and so on.

To assess the strength of planets then the method outlined
at http://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html
provides reliable answers
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aspects, conflict, counting, equal, houses, planets, specific

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.