Vocation as individuals and as a couple

Artisgood

Hello,

My fiance is having trouble narrowing down a possible vocation and/or hobby that is in line with his personality and natural skills. Ideally, we would like to choose vocations that compliment each other (not necessarily the same job, but essentially a common field). Something we could work together in. Our personalities vary greatly, and truly it is more essential that we both find something that each is happy with for themselves. I sort of want to pursue an artistic career of some type and while my fiance is supportive of me no matter how he fits in (or doesn't fit in) to that, he is a bit envious. If someone who is much more familiar with natal chart interpretation could take a look at both of our charts and suggest some "callings" for each of us, as well as some things we could do together, I know it would be greatly appreciated by us both. If more information is needed I am happy to oblige. Thanks!

His chart (Jeremy): http://astrotheme.com/chart/ZQZjBQR5BGZkZGVkZQNjZQRjZQNkBGH0BQD.png

My chart (Ashley): http://astrotheme.com/chart/ZQDjZmR5BQplZGZlZQNjZQRjZQNkAwZ4BQx.png

Larxene

Jeremy's chart clearly shows an inclination towards music and the arts. Mercury and Venus in the 10th sign testifies to that. He can probably play a musical instrument. Mercurial type of careers is probably more suitable if he is concerned with finances. Otherwise, Venusian careers are fine. Music is probably good.

Mercurial careers are the kind of careers that emphasises the mental faculties; with Venus, this means careers related to writing or speaking.

Venusian careers are those that bring joy and delight; playing a musical instrument, singing, story writing, acting, cooking, entertaining, etc.

However, seeing as Jupiter is on the Ascendant, I recommend a writing or speaking career that connects him to the public. So something like journalism, public speaker, public relations officer, etc.

Your chart is not so clear, but I think a musical or artistic career is fine as well. Neither Mercury nor Venus are very prominent in the chart, but Venus is likely more suitable, so artistic careers are better than intellectual careers.

Last edited:

Artisgood

I tried to work through my chart regarding my vocation long ago and I thought I concluded that a Pisces sun in my 5th house coupled with a Libra ascendent, along with the position of my moon in Taurus was a strong indicator for an artistic career, maybe I misinterpreted? My mercury is in my 5th house as well, am I looking at things incorrectly? I am a beginner at chart interpretation.

When it came to Jeremy's chart I felt it showed a duality of sorts, both intellectual and also with aesthetic inclinations, however he is primarily concerned about the financial end of things.

Last edited:

Flapjacks

I'm actually seeing a sort of public career. Jupiter on the ASC in Libra, 10th house Leo Sun. Pluto is his 2nd house ruler, in his 2nd house, so he can make money through "Plutonian" things possibly. Mercury opposing Neptune/Uranus is also interesting. I am seeing the "musician" vibe as well, but if he is interested in only making money then he might be able to do it through some kind of investigative work, finance or law, or technology-related career. His concern with money is definitely showing in that Pluto placement. It shows "extremes" where 2nd house issues are concerned, major losses, major gains. This is also reflected by the 4th house Neptune/Uranus, which shows home instability. Stability is probably very hard for him to find and so has become a priority.

He has a Yod with his Moon at the apex between Mars and Mercury. This is an intense focus on that Moon, and will surely play out in his career with the sextile between 10th and 11th house Mercury and Mars, and Moon the ruler of his MC. Think of careers that would involve these planets and placements, and see what he thinks of them: Mercury in Cancer, Mars in Virgo, 11th house and 5th house, Aquarius, Moon conjunct Saturn (square Pluto, trine Venus). I'm suddenly thinking culinary arts... just to throw that out there.

Last edited:

Artisgood

So interesting you say that! I tell him I could very much see him in law, business, or politics even. His personality is strongly introverted with social anxiety though, due to horrific things that traumatised him as a child. He had interest in architecture, but is currently considering software development (he's all over the board about this which is why I posted)

Larxene

So interesting you say that! I tell him I could very much see him in law, business, or politics even. His personality is strongly introverted with social anxiety though, due to horrific things that traumatised him as a child. He had interest in architecture, but is currently considering software development (he's all over the board about this which is why I posted)

Software development is fine. Computer programming is generally fine for someone with a prominent Mercury; later on he may want to focus on the more creative aspects of the field. If he is still concerned about money, I would suggest accounting, but it may bore him.

As for your fifth house Sun, there are some ideas that says that the house the Light of the Sect is in suggests the destination of the native. However, your Light is the Moon; I am not exactly sure what that means at this moment.

However, for myself, I use Whole Signs, and because your ASC is Libra, and Venus is in the 5th sign, I would assume that you are an artistic kind of person, so an artistic career would be most fulfilling, since the significator of profession is either Venus or Mercury, and Mercury is not that well placed.

Artisgood

Thank you for your response! I can definitely see him being creatively sparked by software development and design. I am currently working toward a graphic design degree but I do art of all types on the side. Most of my artwork has a humanitarian focus with strong elements of mysticism.

Please tell me more about the Light of the Sect? Never heard of this and my interest is piqued.

Larxene

I am currently working toward a graphic design degree but I do art of all types on the side. Most of my artwork has a humanitarian focus with strong elements of mysticism.

That would be a suitable choice for you. Your Ascendant, Libra, is a human sign, and Venus is in Aquarius, another human sign. I can understand why your artwork is humanitarian.

Please tell me more about the Light of the Sect? Never heard of this and my interest is piqued.

Oh, it's just a concept in the more traditional side of astrology. The concept of "Sect" is that, depending on whether you are born in the day or night, there are planets that support you more, while others will produce more obstacles for you.

For those born in the day, the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn supports them, while the Moon, Venus and Mars opposes and produces obstacles. For those born in the night, the Moon, Venus and Mars helps them out more, while the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are less co-operative.

Mercury is a special case; if he rises before the Sun, he follows the Sun. If he rises after the Sun, he follows the Moon.

In your case, you are born after sunset, so your birth is considered a night birth. Moon, Venus and Mars make up the political party (that's what "sect" means, roughly) that supports your cause. Mercury rises before the Sun, so he, together with the other three planets, form the opposition party.

Now, in each party, there is a planet that seems to produce light, the Sun and the Moon (the Sun actually produces light, but the Moon only reflects the light from the Sun). These are the Lights.

The Light of the Sect is the light-producing planet that supports your cause. In your case, being a night birth, it is the Moon. The Moon is in the 8th sign (remember, I use Whole Signs), and I am not sure what that suggests for now.