Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.

Unread 11-09-2012, 01:32 AM

Horary practice : Will my husband get a job ?

Hello AW,

Here is my analysis of this chart. This is my first time attempting a horary reading, so I would love some feedback from those with more experience. I omitted the outer planets to keep things simpler.

I hadn't intended to try a horary reading, as I still feel too new to astrology to venture away from the safety of natal charts. My husband challenged me to stop reading and start giving it a try, and the first question that jumped to mind was "Will he get a job in May." He is an engineering student and is participating in his school's professional work placement program. If all goes well the job will start in May.

The ascendant is at 27 degrees which is fairly late, possibly fitting with the impromptu and even kind of silly nature of how the question was formed, however several factors deter me from rejecting the chart as invalid :

1. My indicator, the Sun, is conjunct the IC (husband's career)
2. The MC/IC axis is reversed from my natal MC/IC axis
3. ... Lilly says that the ascending degree is of heightened importance if it matches the age of the party involved. Not sure how well this actually works -- certainly, it wouldn't work at all for someone over the age of 30, but it so happens that 27 is his age.

Interpretation :

My significator, the Sun, conjunct his MC points to the importance of this question in my mind, but the Moon shows that the motivation of this concern is selfish. (I am dependent on him for living)

The early degree of the Moon shows that much is still to happen before the matter is settled. On the plus sides are that the Moon is applying into a trine with his significator, Saturn. Before it leaves the sign it will also sextile the Sun and the IC. On the negative side is that the Moon is also applying into a square with its ruler, Mercury, which is retrograde. Before leaving the sign it will also square Mars, though currently it is closer in degrees to a trine to Mars than a square.

In reality, the chances of him getting a job are quite high, as a large majority of the students in this program are successful in finding work placements. The mixed good and bad signs might indicate more difficulty than we might have hoped for. The Virgo placement and Mercury square inclines me to guess that the trouble will be in the form of bureaucracy or paperwork, perhaps missed deadlines or lost communication. If he fails in landing a placement it will be because of these difficulties.

The third house (his 9th) describes very well his current situation -- his significator is there pursuing higher education. A strong Venus on the house cusp shows that that is going along nicely.

His 10th house is dignified by the placement of the North Node in it, but the badly afflicted Mercury shows that the paperwork and communications problems are likely to persist through the job if he gets it. Ruler Mars is placed in Sagittarius on the fifth house cusp (his 11th). It is making no major aspects, though the Moon will square it eventually. The disjointness of this indicator could mean that whatever job he ends up getting, if he gets one, will not be that relevant to him. It will not make a huge impact on his education or life in general. Rather, the house placement shows that he will be motivated to take it for the salary it will offer.

Jupiter rules the house of salary. It is highly elevated, the only planet visible in the sky at this moment. It is in detriment and retrograde, but strongly placed in an angular house and in an applying trine with Venus (both planets are applying, because of the retrograde), so overall I would say it is strong and the job's pay will not be a disappointment.

The final factor of interest to us is the possibility of relocation -- he is not allowed to turn down a job because of location, though is allowed to choose if more than one offer is given. Both of our significators being in the same fixed sign as the IC shows that this will most likely not be necessary. Mars is in Sagittarius, which rules over travel, but is nonetheless not so far away from those other points.

Any feedback on my interpretation, or comments on what I might have missed, would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_286_8_nov_question.3267.26915.jpg (72.2 KB, 7 views)

Tags
horary, husband, practice