confusion regarding ascendant

hi!!i did my my chart calculation and my ascendant came out to be 29.5 degrees virgo....the problem is that i am changing into libra ascendant in just 39 sec from my birth time...how can i be sure that my ascendant is virgo and not libra ........

Queen of Wands

You could get an experienced astrologer to do a chart rectification. This would be done by comparing your natal chart, progressions and transit with the times of the most important events in your life, e.g. wedding, birth of children/younger siblings, major moves, major career events.

An easier method would be to simply read descriptions of Virgo ascendant and Libra ascendant and see which fits better for you. If any planets change houses, read those descriptions, too. You won't get an accurate degree and sometimes there might be confusion if two placements both seem to fit equally, but it works in a pinch.

Claire19

Yes that is close. However you need to look at the chart ruler i.e. Mercury and then look at maybe Venus and see what is more appropriate. Virgo or Libra? It can be sorted out with a bit of work.

JUPITERASC

You could get an experienced astrologer to do a chart rectification. This would be done by comparing your natal chart, progressions and transit with the times of the most important events in your life, e.g. wedding, birth of children/younger siblings, major moves, major career events
For those unfamiliar with the idea of rectification, a thread describes basics of the rectification process at :smile: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626
An easier method would be to simply read descriptions of Virgo ascendant and Libra ascendant and see which fits better for you. If any planets change houses, read those descriptions, too. You won't get an accurate degree and sometimes there might be confusion if two placements both seem to fit equally, but it works in a pinch.
The logic os based on Virgo's domicile ruler being Mercury and Libra's domicile ruler being Venus

thanks .........what description would u have???
as a virgo ascendant ...
i have mercury in my 10th house with sun and jupiter in gemini
venus in my 11th house with mars and moon in cancer

and if i am a libra ascendant,i wud have:
venus in my 10th house with mars and moon in cancer
mercury in 9th house with sun and jupiter in gemini

how according to u should i read these positions to be sure of my ascendant??thanks