Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 01-03-2012, 04:10 AM

2012 Prediction Horary

I asked this as an open-ended, general horary to enlighten me on what 2012 has in store for me. A general prediction, though I am most interested in relationships and bettering my career. Hopefully some clues will be seen...

Early asc and Moon is a consideration. Given the nature of this question, it's very fitting.

Jupiter, ruler of 7th is now direct and it's very true, my guy has been acting ridiculously-retro lately...but he is changing day by day.

In other news, Mercury is in detriment in Sag @ home (though keeping company with NN). As with my profected chart, Mercury rules the asc. there too. I wanted to move last year, but a few charts advised the grass is greener. I wonder what this means. Hopefully I don't lose my job or something makes my home environment unpleasant. Moon is leaving trine with Merc in detiment @ home, maybe I really will travel a lot. It's in trine with Pluto combust Sun. Worth a closer look. Moon is also opp. Saturn. I have natal Moon sq. Saturn, so is this a continuation of my state? I'm always strugging with this on a daily basis.

Career-wise, Venus 10h ruler is stuck in everyday drudgery/routine/slavery of the 6th. Yea, sounds like my job. Nothing new. So maybe it's an indication I do keep this job. Not sure that's a good thing. I definately am antsy for a change and an improvement.

What I do love is the 9th h Moon. New in its own right and newly entering exaltation, leaving close to Jupiter still, heading towards POF! Learning, travel, enlightenment?

Last edited by SagiCap; 01-03-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:13 AM

Re: 2012 Prediction Horary

Actually this type of horary goes right to the beginnings of Western horary practice: this "what does the next year have in store for me?" was a common question for the early Islamic-era horarists, according to Al-Biruni and others (like Al-Kindi) Probably because most people didn't have birth charts available to them (most didn't know exactly when they were born) Al-Biruni and others said that with such a question you delineate it exactly as if it were a birth chart (usual special rules for horary did not apply to these types of questions)
So, look at your chart as if you were looking at a birth chart, but bring the timing indications all into within the next 12 months!
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Actually this type of horary goes right to the beginnings of Western horary practice: this "what does the next year have in store for me?" was a common question for the early Islamic-era horarists, according to Al-Biruni and others (like Al-Kindi) Probably because most people didn't have birth charts available to them (most didn't know exactly when they were born) Al-Biruni and others said that with such a question you delineate it exactly as if it were a birth chart (usual special rules for horary did not apply to these types of questions)
So, look at your chart as if you were looking at a birth chart, but bring the timing indications all into within the next 12 months!
Thank you very much. It does seem a rather logical (and now I see, necessary question for old times,) when you put it that way.

I wonder if looking at this as a natal instead of a regular horary changes any of the meaning in some way. In that case, I would see myself as Jupiter asc, Mars in 1st to be more striving and energetic than usual for instance, but I would look at the houses to see the happenings in each situation. I guess this is not contradictory to looking at Moon for timing (as in a horary)? Or is it?

Also, this is a very interesting was to see timing. I wonder if I can pick an upcoming event shown in the chart. I wonder about Moon conj. POF mostly.

Unread 01-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned

I read once that a SR chart can be read as an horary.
Dr. Farr ~ I appreciate your offering that an horary chart can be read as a natal chart for question.
Traditionals use terminology in tradition standards, but for goodness' sakes, a chart is a chart.

Watch the movement of Sun and Moon thru question. Moon for emotionally reactive circumstances and Sun for actions incurred by ego.
Unread 01-04-2012, 04:01 AM

Moon will conj. POF, that is a pretty sweet emotionally reactive circumstance right there. Looking forward to it.

Unread 01-04-2012, 04:11 AM

Timing can be done counting each sign in sequence as 30 days, the first sign being the first 30 days following the date of the question, and so on. Also (and this is the same as the rules for typical horary charts) the Lord of the ascending sign can be taken to personify the querent, so in this chart Mercury would be "you"; further, the significator (Mercury in this chart) can be advanced one degree PER DAY in the chart, the position of Mercury (here) in the chart is taken as the day of the question, the next degree the next day, and so on (Thabit ibn Qurra's method for this horaries asking the developments in the querent's life in general over the next year) So in this chart Mercury conjuncts the POF 139 days following the date of asking the question.
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
This is what Lilly says about that aspect in Horary

Thank you so much. This is wonderful!

Moon in 9th!

Tags
2012, horary, prediction