Successful vocation using equal or placidus

quincei

HI THERE:happy::happy:

I am reposting because I was not being clear and maybe not asking in the proper way.
So here goes:

I work freelance in various positions in film

I occasionally get jobs working for non-profit groups making very little money,
I am embarrassed to ask for what I am worth, I love making documentaries, I am great at inspiring people to tell there personal stories, I want to do more of that. I edit and shoot them.

The problem is, I start inspired but get bogged down with the the grant writing, and someone else acts on it. Like now.

Am I best working alone? I am aware I have see-saw chart.

I used to be a massage therapist I am considering going back to school to get re-certified, financially not sure though.

Or just work as crew on a show (very long hours), or get a 9-5 job for a non-profit organization that can utilize my media skills?
I love writing in a stream of consciousness way also, I always feel I am not ready!

I am in it, sometimes I can see something great but it looses steam

What should be the 1st step?

What do some of you see in my chart

I am in california giving away things, moving on and going back to Hawaii end of August.

I am sorry if this too long, thought maybe it needed a back story.

What are the strengths and weaknesses? Can I make it in film?

Attachments

• b2 lunar return equal.jpg
    b2 lunar return equal.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 49
  • b2 equal transits and progessions.jpg
    b2 equal transits and progessions.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 42
  • b2 lunar return.jpg
    b2 lunar return.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

waybread

Well, off hand, I would have to say "no". Not because of your horoscope, but because of the way you write about yourself!! The question is, do you want your dream job enough to overcome your inertia?

If you want a career in film, is Hawaii the best place for you to pursue it? When people make it in the field of documentary films, what are the puzzle-pieces they put into place to make it happen? If you know you need grants to make your films, why not collaborate with someone who is good at completing the applications?

I think Neptune is a biggie for you. Conjunct your MC [career/vocation indicator] it looks great for a film-making career; seconded by your 3rd house moon in Pisces. But Neptune is also an energy of grand illusions followed by bitter disillusionment: now you see it, now you don't.

Also, you have a very keen mind, with Mercury conjunct Mars; but squared by Saturn, you may constantly feel that what you do is not good enough [as you put it, "not ready"], and that saps your energy. I wonder if you sometimes suffer from depression.

Just now transiting Saturn is conjunct your sun. This can be a time of weakened energy for you, when your vitality is at a low ebb.

I would suggest you focus on the positive dimensions of Saturn. They don't sound like a heap of fun, but they should get you where you want to go: hard work, self-discipline resourcefulness, stamina.

BTW, I don't think you have a see-saw natal chart, which is one full of oppositions. Your lunar return chart has some.

Can you make it film? Your chart suggests you have the talent to do so. Your love of documentaries would seem to be strengthened by your loaded 8th house, if you view them as a kind of detective work, where what was buried in the past is brought to light through your work.

So I think you have the talent, if you will overcome your inertia.

But oftentimes people in the arts need a "day job." If you do, re-certifying in massage therapy might be a good idea.

quincei

The question is, do you want your dream job enough to overcome your inertia?
YES, it is too painful to stay here in this void.

If you want a career in film, is Hawaii the best place for you to pursue it?
There are many cultural grants, and on a neighbor island Oahu there are many productions going on.
I missed out on some this year, because my mom is selling her house and I needed to get rid of most everything, letting go of my stuff has been a challenge, I am almost done. Another excuse of not being ready!

In L.A. I have had intermittent success ,in a few instances I did some free work (behind the scenes documentary stuff) thinking, when there was money on the next job it would go to me, I knew these people.
But instead it went to a newbie.

I felt I was going against the current and not getting the results I hoped for, my heart felt sad. So I thought of what I loved, which is the water, surfing and I was not doing it, and decided to "give up" on film get a job at a market on Hawaii, but the reminders kept coming up and I started getting some jobs shooting or editing here and there and it seemed like there was more opportunity.

When people make it in the field of documentary films, what are the puzzle-pieces they put into place to make it happen? If you know you need grants to make your films, why not collaborate with someone who is good at completing the applications?

I pitched an idea to someone with a lot of influence and resources with grants, and she used the concept as her own last week at a festival. I have been gone several months I should have returned in May, next month I return.
It is a great idea, more than I anticipated, my subject matter is a little different so it can still be done, but the blueprint is exact, I am resentful and feel left out but I take responsibility for not being there to do it and gratitude that it was an idea worth producing.
It is what it is.

I think Neptune is a biggie for you. Conjunct your MC [career/vocation indicator] it looks great for a film-making career; seconded by your 3rd house moon in Pisces. But Neptune is also an energy of grand illusions followed by bitter disillusionment: now you see it, now you don't.
Someone please elaborate on this

Also, you have a very keen mind, with Mercury conjunct Mars; but squared by Saturn, you may constantly feel that what you do is not good enough [as you put it, "not ready"], and that saps your energy. I wonder if you sometimes suffer from depression.

Right now I am low, I want to go back to Hawaii, I still have duties here 1st.
My doubt does get in the way,I get overwhelmed like I have to do it all on my own, does my chart have good aspects for a partner? I do have lows, I think I might be ADHD, inattentive type, I am looking into that, I went on the the master cleanse for 18 days and I felt clear, motivated and luck with career. Now I have been eating sugar and things feel all foggy.
Finishing is an issue, I edited a video that had 24 hours of footage last year it was quite an accomplishment,very stressful, not nearly enough money.

Just now transiting Saturn is conjunct your sun. This can be a time of weakened energy for you, when your vitality is at a low ebb.

I would suggest you focus on the positive dimensions of Saturn. They don't sound like a heap of fun, but they should get you where you want to go: hard work, self-discipline resourcefulness, stamina.
Will do,

BTW, I don't think you have a see-saw natal chart, which is one full of oppositions. Your lunar return chart has some.
What a relief!

Can you make it film? Your chart suggests you have the talent to do so. Your love of documentaries would seem to be strengthened by your loaded 8th house, if you view them as a kind of detective work, where what was buried in the past is brought to light through your work.

What you are describing really speaks to me, to look at it like that is very inspiring, I am always digging for information, what people are really feeling because its often different than what they are thinking.
I thought 8th was more like death, transformation and very dark.
So I think you have the talent, if you will overcome your inertia.
A schedule has helped me in the past, start with running and writing 1st thing in the morning.

But oftentimes people in the arts need a "day job." If you do, re-certifying in massage therapy might be a good idea.[/QUOTE]

How is the timing for returning at the end of August ?

thanks for your time, much gratitude

Someone please elaborate on this

You have exceptionally strong intuition when it comes to current trends, business, and what the public wants, and you are likely to bring much creativity, vision, and artistic sense to your career. This position is good for a career in the arts, with the media, in the helping professions, and involving charity work. If challenged, Neptune here can point to drifting without a clear direction or a lack of clearly defined goals. You may find it hard to find a "calling" in life, perhaps because of fears that a particular profession will be less than ideal, or due to fear of your being less than perfect.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/neptuneinhouses.html
to read the full article click on link

Money & you
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/money_and_you.php
career significators
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html
Professional & Destiny
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/astrology_professional_destiny.php
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html

Career options are assessed by MC any planets conjunct, where the ruler of MC is placed, it’s aspects, then 2nd house ‘how you earn your money’ and planets there, ruler of cusp and where it’s placed, then 6th house of ‘type of work you do’ any planets there and how they are aspected.

Researching rulers of houses will help you understand more where I joining the dots so to speak
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/rulersofhousesinhouses.html
http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/astrology/LearningAstrology/housesDerived.htm
http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/houserulerships.htm

Saturn is the Lord of Karma and master teacher, but really he's trying to teach us about ourselves. It wants us to be responsible, hard working, dutiful and learn our Lessons properly, so they won't have to keep being repeated. Therefore, is usually suggests things slowing down, delays, limitations and restrictions so we can learn these Lessons.

What Saturn does is 'test' what is of value to you and what is working in your life. It wants structure and hard work. If something isn't working--- it may well end--- so something better can be put in it's place.

Now Neptune dissolves things, causes confusion, illusions and rose tinted glasses especially if in hard aspect to Angles or planets. It can be a spiritual, artistic awakening, but there are not many people who can advance or benefit their lives (unless there is natal potential of course) with Neptune. But having said this if you are 'supposed' to be Learning a Lesson in this life and Neptune draws a veil across your mind so you don't see things clearly enough to be objective--- then this pawn in chess has done it's job....

Just for future reference the orbs you reduced were to 63% and not 80% like I use, the 'image size' for downloading should be 63% the smallest image....

Your Prog mercury and venus have both just changed signs into Scorpio and this will give added strength and determination. Later on when the conj your MC will be a rewarding time, much communications and pleasure

Your sun and moon hardly shine here both in 'cadent houses' only one weak aspect from both luminaries. Cos the orb you used was too low ie; 63% is doesn't show the other aspects, which are there when you use 80% reduction....

Natal Uranus is a singleton ie: only planet in fire element, which your chart lacks this element...and this is why the *energy* and impetus may be lacking

Singleton planets
“If a planet happens to be the only one in an element, quality, or house type, that planet is a Singleton and it can funnel all of the “energy” of the horoscope. This planet is often the most important one in the horoscope. In other words, if you just interpret the position of this one planet by sign, house, and aspect, you will get to the “heart of the horoscope”. The effect is the same as if that planet were the only one on one side of the chart.”
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org
http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/singleton.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2334.html
(There is a book out by Shirley Lyons Meier, "Elemental Voids, More than Meets the Eye", which gives a good discussion of missing elements.) The Inferior Function can be a source of great motivation and creative expression.
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/intro/singleton_intro.htm

Lack of elements http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18077
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/elements.html
http://www.astrology.aryabhatt.com/Astrology_Elements.asp
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/EmptyElement12.1.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org/article.../inferior2.htm

Once your progressed moon gets out of the 12th house and crosses your Asc (approx 16months) it will herald a new era of emotional expression, possibly a relocation then

waybread

quincel, Neptune works with the world of illusion. So a prominent Neptune is good for a field like film, because in even a starkly realistic documentary, you have to think about staging people, camera angles, editing, and so on. On the other hand, Neptune can make us unrealistic.

I might be mistaken, but I seem to be picking up an undercurrent that people find you unreliable. I apologize if I'm mistaken. I recently was on a board of a small non-profit club with an artist who is highly creative-- impressively so. On the other hand, she seems constitutionally incapable of sticking to an agreed-upon schedule, or completing tasks that she had agreed to do. Very frustrating for the rest of us who were doing most of the work for this society. Eventually we stopped counting on her. I am not saying you are like this, but clearly your ability to succeed depends upon your delivering upon what you say you are going to do: ready or not.

Traditionally the 8th house was the "house of death." Most modern astrologers don't look at it that way. Rather, it deals with astrology's cyclical time of birth-life-death-rebirth. People with strong 8th houses often like detective work. If documentary film has an element of investigative reporting, it hsould suit you very well: revealing what had been hidden or "buried."

But I think your greatest need is to develop an empowering narrative about yourself. A self-defeating narrative becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. So does a self-empowering narrative.

quincei

quincel, Neptune works with the world of illusion. So a prominent Neptune is good for a field like film, because in even a starkly realistic documentary, you have to think about staging people, camera angles, editing, and so on. On the other hand, Neptune can make us unrealistic.
Like going too big?

"I might be mistaken, but I seem to be picking up an undercurrent that people find you unreliable. I apologize if I'm mistaken. I recently was on a board of a small non-profit club with an artist who is highly creative-- impressively so. On the other hand, she seems constitutionally incapable of sticking to an agreed-upon schedule, or completing tasks that she had agreed to do. Very frustrating for the rest of us who were doing most of the work for this society. Eventually we stopped counting on her. I am not saying you are like this, but clearly your ability to succeed depends upon your delivering upon what you say you are going to do: ready or not."

When I am being paid from the beginning I am 100% there for the job and give extra time to the project, I become consumed.
I can be unreliable when doing something on spec, I will pitch it, then a less creative job will come to pay the rent so I take the job and the project looses momentum. Its all me, there are ways to deal with that. Being very organized with time management can keep me involved regardless of 16hour day on another job. Part of it is being able to afford to do the project. I must learn how to multi-task in projects.

"But I think your greatest need is to develop an empowering narrative about yourself. A self-defeating narrative becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. So does a self-empowering narrative."

Well said perfectly inspiring.
I am doing affirmations and lists.

thank you

aloha:biggrin:

quincei

Astrologer50, I made a new Equal chart at 80%.

"You have exceptionally strong intuition when it comes to current trends, business, and what the public wants, and you are likely to bring much creativity, vision, and artistic sense to your career. This position is good for a career in the arts, with the media, in the helping professions, and involving charity work. If challenged, Neptune here can point to drifting without a clear direction or a lack of clearly defined goals. You may find it hard to find a "calling" in life, perhaps because of fears that a particular profession will be less than ideal, or due to fear of your being less than perfect."
I do go through the drama of changing my mind in other departments/professions because or I or the profession seem less than perfect. All projection.

I am studying the links you sent
"Natal Uranus is a singleton ie: only planet in fire element, which your chart lacks this element...and this is why the *energy* and impetus may be lacking"
Very interesting, especially early in life, feeling out there and very misunderstood. Very bright in some areas and comprehension issues in other areas.
You mentioned it as the“heart of the horoscope”.

"Now Neptune dissolves things, causes confusion, illusions and rose tinted glasses especially if in hard aspect to Angles or planets. It can be a spiritual, artistic awakening, but there are not many people who can advance or benefit their lives (unless there is natal potential of course) with Neptune. But having said this if you are 'supposed' to be Learning a Lesson in this life and Neptune draws a veil across your mind so you don't see things clearly enough to be objective--- then this pawn in chess has done it's job...."
Surrender to failure? I am kidding, This is something I am interested in overcoming. Focus on the Saturn energy and just do the work?
And try to to be really clear on what is working.

Back to studying the houses and planets.

Aloha for now

Attachments

• b2 equal80% prog&trans.jpg
    b2 equal80% prog&trans.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 30

BobZemco

The problem is, I start inspired but get bogged down with the the grant writing, and someone else acts on it. Like now.

For someone as old as you who's been doing this for a while, you should know there are software programs for writing grants. You should also know that people write grants for fees (usually about 2%-7% of the grant on a sliding-scale).

You might get more grants is someone else wrote them for you.

Can I make it in film?

I don't think so.

Neptune is in the 10th and co-rules Libra, but the only aspect is a sextile to Pluto in the 8th ruling the 11th. That isn't enough.

No Fire. Uranus is the only planet in a Fire Sign.

Yes, you do have Jupiter and Saturn in the 1st and the Sun in the 9th but the Sun in Libra is in Fall.

Mars is in Fall, Mercury can barely tolerate Libra, Jupiter is Fall, Venus is in Fall.

You don't have enough squares in your chart.

quincei said:
In L.A. I have had intermittent success ,in a few instances I did some free work (behind the scenes documentary stuff) thinking, when there was money on the next job it would go to me, I knew these people.But instead it went to a newbie.

Would you like to know why? Jupiter ruling the 3rd in the 1st and Moon ruling the 7th in the 3rd (and they're in sextile).

The next time you're invited to a film shoot, when you show up, limit your vocabulary to the following words: "Hello; Yes; No; Thank You; You're Welcome; I will do that; It's been a pleasure working with all of you; Good-bye."

I'm just glancing at your natal, but I don't see anything that indicates you're a union member. As a union member, you can shoot union and non-union, but as a non-member, you're quite limited.

quincei

Thank you I have actually never written a grant, but since there are favorable and unfavorable aspects in most charts and you have a definite vision on things, what type of job do you recommend with such a chart?

You have pointed out the weaknesses, I am more than curious of strengths.
It felt harsh, but it is what it is.

Thank you I have actually never written a grant, but since there are favorable and unfavorable aspects in most charts and you have a definite vision on things, what type of job do you recommend with such a chart?

You have pointed out the weaknesses, I am more than curious of strengths.
It felt harsh, but it is what it is.

The point of any forum is self evaluation and what resonates for YOU :whistling:
Some members can be rather blunt, I am often accused of posting repititous links and all sorts on here.

Your chart is a blueprint of your personality, facets and penchants and the whole chart is 'potential' for development. There is nothing guaranteed or fatalistic in charts, I do believe we still do have free will. I also believe we chose our parents and childhood circumstances best suited to learning those Lessons in the best way we can.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that the natal chart, like solar returns is all about 'potential' but as we all know we don't always fulfil that potential do we.

It's like someone saying you can predict death, but with modern medicine and sciences the way they are and the potential to 'die' three times in a life, doesn't mean to say you will does it

I think lots of people have unrealistic expectations about what astrology can and can't do. astrology is an 'art, science and craft' and not clairvoyance either. If there were a formula or signature, don't you think we would ALL be using it?

quincei

I am open to feedback, I was surprised by that post, I had not noticed that kind of response in the posts to others. nothing personal just an observation

"I do believe we still do have free will. I also believe we chose our parents and childhood circumstances best suited to learning those Lessons in the best way we can."
I agree, as unpleasant as it can be it has been a blessing on many levels.
When someone is harsh even if its coming from a place of "love" if its important enough I will fight it and overcome it.

"No Fire. Uranus is the only planet in a Fire Sign."
There's fire somewhere, I feel I am often holding myself back as not to come off too aggressive.

Free will yes, although I strongly believe that certain things happen at certain times and I am attempting to look into to my potential, in the next half, yes the next half of my life. There have been many valleys.:biggrin

Hopefully get it right?..:tongue:

Leeuba

Dear Quincei,

You said roughly that when someone is harsh with you then you must fight and overcome it. If you fight something, then you often make it stronger with your attention and opposition. To not be effected by it, then ignore it. If you can't, then its a good indication that you are harsh with yourself in some way, and you can see the other person, as a blessing (in diguise), who is pointing that out to you.

Looking at your horoscope, you may actually have quite a tendency to be harsh with yourself, esp in regards as to career. Pluto rules your midheaven, its in the eighth house, along with a lot of other planets, and it opposed to your Chiron in the second house, the house of self worth. The eighth house is wonderful for artists because it gives the ability to dig deep and produce something that moves others and stands out. It also gives great resiliancy. It also tends to people being harsh on themselves, even a little ruthless, and attacking sometimes even their talents and best abilities.

You have a wonderful chart for film, esp with the Neptune conjunct MH and ruling the second, (ability to manifest art into reality) ,Mercury ruling the fifth, and Venus conjunct Pluto, and Uranus, and Neptune trine Chiron (wow). And also the blessing of the Capricorn rising, with Saturn and Jupiter conjunct the ascendent to give balance to the Neptune. And that's just a first glance!

You, I think, haven't learned to value yourself, and treat yourself lovingly, and the world isn't going to until you do. Since you do have the Neptune prominent, use it!- to imagine the life you want, and pretend you have it. Perhaps you'd like to ask for a guide to help you in this process. Learn to value yourself, and you will find that you will get credit for your ideas, and other people will fund you. (a storng eighth is great for getting others support)

Wishing that you accept all the blessings you recieve,

Leeuba
www.astrochrysalis.com

quincei

Hi there Leeuba,

"You said roughly that when someone is harsh with you then you must fight and overcome it. If you fight something, then you often make it stronger with your attention and opposition. To not be effected by it, then ignore it. If you can't, then its a good indication that you are harsh with yourself in some way, and you can see the other person, as a blessing (in diguise), who is pointing that out to you."
I actually did not describe my intentions right, I mean if something seems impossible, if its important enough I can get fired up to try overcome the obstacle, not always, but it can inspire perseverance. I am now glad I worded it like that, because of the kind of response you offered.

"Learn to value yourself, and you will find that you will get credit for your ideas, and other people will fund you. (a storng eighth is great for getting others support)"
I have read about 8th house, death, transformation, other peoples money, I avoid benefiting from other peoples money, maybe proud or ashamed, but when its offered I turn it down. I suppose accepting is allowing someone to give. But I do want help, I worry if its a job I want i do not want to take advantage of the friendship, I have noticed thats how many people get their opportunities.
Nurturing is a big issue I am working on it, work in progress.

"Saturn and Jupiter conjunct the ascendent to give balance to the Neptune"
I am a newbie-Saturn and Jupiter conjunct the ascendent is it because those are the serious side and Neptune is dreamy?Not always realistic?
"Wishing that you accept all the blessings you receive"
Much Aloha

Leeuba

Dear Quincei,

A strong Saturn (strong because its conjunct the ascendent) is a nice complement to a strong Neptune (conjunct the MH) because it gives the ability to make into reality what the Neptune envisions. The combination of Saturn and Neptune is common amoung artists. It enables one to be very professional in spiritual, artistic matters - meaning comitted, focused, and objective. Its also true that with negative beliefs, the Saturn can act to suppress the creativity and imagination that Neptune offers. What's critical here is how you define responsibility, and reality. If, for example, you take the prevailing Western view that reality is the stock market, and the amount of money in your checking account, and say equality, and beauty in everyday life is a pipe dream, then your Saturn may stifle your creativity, but on the other hand, if you take the view that spirit is the more true, if somewhat invisible reality, then you can more easily enroll your Saturn (sense of responsibility) to materilize your dreams. In that view, it would be irresponsible to ignore the Neptune aspirations. Its for you to choose what to believe.

Leeuba