Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.

Unread 08-19-2019, 05:48 PM

Does the 5th or 8th house in Horary rule sex?

I’ve been having a discussion with people in a Horary group on Facebook. And someone mentioned that in Horary the 8th house doesn’t rule sex but the 5th house does.

Unread 08-22-2019, 02:21 PM

Re: Does the 5th or 8th house in Horary rule sex?

Following...

I also want to know this
Unread 09-21-2019, 02:05 AM

Yeah, the 5th house rules sex, not the 8th.
Unread 09-21-2019, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced8Ace View Post
Yeah, the 5th house rules sex, not the 8th.
People always say that the 8th house is about sex and transformation among other things. But I guess it's different with Horary.
Unread 09-21-2019, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
People always say that the 8th house is about sex and transformation among other things. But I guess it's different with Horary.
They're modern astrologers. For many centuries I think, the 5th house was taken for sex, children, lovemaking etc for natal and horary.

Here's a link on the 5th houses significations: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h5.html
Unread 09-21-2019, 02:42 AM

Quote:
They're modern astrologers. For many centuries I think, the 5th house was taken for sex, children, lovemaking etc for natal and horary.

Here's a link on the 5th houses significations: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h5.html
https://cosmicintelligenceagency.com...-secret-power/

8TH HOUSE Associations– The house of sex, death, taxes • Joint resources, personal transformation, through trust, intimacy,
• Sharing, resources emotional, financial, sexual • Obligations with others- taxes, debt etc • Death- experiences, initiations, passages, transformation • shared resources, taxes, finance, joint finances, inheritance, wills, death, endings, • Union/Love, emotional bonds, betrayal, grief, rage, jealousy, fear, • Depth understanding, • Loss, decay, anxiety, legacies, testaments, consolidation, withdrawal, re-evaluation, acceptance of loss, letting go.
Unread 09-21-2019, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
https://cosmicintelligenceagency.com...-secret-power/

8TH HOUSE Associations– The house of sex, death, taxes • Joint resources, personal transformation, through trust, intimacy,
• Sharing, resources emotional, financial, sexual • Obligations with others- taxes, debt etc • Death- experiences, initiations, passages, transformation • shared resources, taxes, finance, joint finances, inheritance, wills, death, endings, • Union/Love, emotional bonds, betrayal, grief, rage, jealousy, fear, • Depth understanding, • Loss, decay, anxiety, legacies, testaments, consolidation, withdrawal, re-evaluation, acceptance of loss, letting go.
Uh, sex is the 5th. Not the 8th. It's been that way for centuries until modern astrology pulled the 8th house is sex mumbo jumbo. A lot of people use traditional astrology for horary, which is why you're hearing the 5th house is sex.
Unread 09-21-2019, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Uh, sex is the 5th. Not the 8th. It's been that way for centuries until modern astrology pulled the 8th house is sex mumbo jumbo. A lot of people use traditional astrology for horary, which is why you're hearing the 5th house is sex.
I have a heavy 8th house in my own natal chart with Venus, Jupiter, Mercury and North Node there. And can say that this house is definitely related to sex. But I guess it's different in regards to Horary which is fine.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 09-21-2019 at 03:13 AM.
Unread 09-21-2019, 11:31 AM

I have a damaged 5th house and I am still virgin at 35. So 1 vote for 5th

My 8th house contains no planets.

Tags
horary, house, rule