Neptune conjuncts Midheaven in Capricorn - too many contradicting messages

Gemini888

Neptune conjuncts Midheaven in Capricorn is a strange and confusing placement. On one hand Capricorn is extremely grounded and determined in what it wants to do and is willing to work hard. On the other hand, Neptune is forever lost and refuses to work until something it really likes come along.

This is one of the most confusing placements I have, and also the one that cause difficulty in my life. I always want to do something related to the art, but I don't really know what kind of job to apply for. I'm working as a teacher while writing a book and I harbor a dream of being an established writer, but from time to time I wonder what is the point of even trying, like I should just settle down with being a teacher because writing doesn't earn me money. But to be honest, sometimes the job as a teacher wears me down for unknown reason. Maybe it's because I subconsciously want to write more and can't stand the idea of living an unfulfilled life, but I just can't leave the financial stability aspect of my current job.
I'm constantly depressed because of this confusion. I compare myself a lot with other people, why they all have it together and I'm such a mess. I try to search in my chart for an answer but none shows up. I'm not sure if my chart point out that I'm a hopeless idealist who will never find stability.

Here's my chart

Ostara

Hi,

I have Neptune conjunct the midheaven in sidereal Scorpio. I think Leonardo Da Vinci also had Neptune in the tenth house.

Neptune went into sidereal Capricorn in February of 1995 and lasted until February of 2009. If it turns out you have Neptune in sidereal Sagittarius then I recommend you watch some 80's movies to analyze the type of glamour embodied then. If you really do have Neptune in sidereal Capricorn then I can tell you the 90's was the decade which embodied the opposite of the Victorian era (1890's). In the Victorian era, women were the leaders of style and culture. The men who were popular during the Victorian era were completely devoted to the civilizing influence of women and put women on a pedestal. In the 1990's men at their most materialistic became the ideal. Hardly anyone got married. Women became "friends with benefits" rather than wives. Many women were protitutes and tramps. I didn't like the 90's much because I am more traditional, but I'm not trying the put down the people who invented the 90's culture- it's just not my taste. I have enjoyed Neptune in Aquarius but I'm looking forward to Neptune going into Pisces in February of 2023.

By the way, if you want to find out sidereal star time you can simply count backwards by 24 degrees- for example, if you are an Aquarius at 27 degrees in that sign you would actually be 3 degrees Aquarius. Sometimes you have to count backward into the preceeding sign.

Best regards,
Ostara

StelliumNoise

I know Mercury in Gemini gives a completely dualistic intellect and vision and that could be what's causing your restlessness, indecision and unnecessary stress, being as though it is inconjunct your MC/10th House.

Also looks like you're pretty young, I believe you'll find an interesting position in the writing field. Uranus is all about groundbreaking/innovative type ideas, and Neptune is idealistic. I think having Neptune conjunct Uranus on the MC is pretty grand. I think the key for you is going to be for you to continue to follow your excitement. I'm a 4x Gemini and in my opinion, there's no reason to try to control the Gemini Mercury urge, just keep it busy until you find something you really can't get enough of.

Maybe as you dig deeper into becoming a writer something else more Capricorn/Executive/Transformative will come from it, especially with your Scorpio North Node and 8th house placements.

Maybe even a vision forming for the school system that you can turn into your own partnering business or contracting project

Gemini in the 3rd house wants to move around, Jupiter in the 9th wants solidity and mastery, and having Aquarius and Pisces in the 11th, gives me the impression of the need for deep meaning and understanding of 11th house matters like societal structure, group relations, governmental relations/organizations.

You really don't have to be grounded at one job to express your Capricorn energy...you can focus on adding fluidity to what you already have, if its of interest

Last edited:

Gemini888

I didn't know my Mercury also plays a part in this. I simply thought Mercury inconjunct MC makes it hard for me to express my idea in public (I'm pretty bad at explaining things). I think it also has something to do with my discomfort with the Gemini energy I have. I have been told by people that I should settle down and be realistic and jack-of-all-trace are always useless masters of none. So I try to regress my Gemini energy to work on being stable. I didn't know it is working against me now.

StelliumNoise

I didn't know my Mercury also plays a part in this. I simply thought Mercury inconjunct MC makes it hard for me to express my idea in public (I'm pretty bad at explaining things). I think it also has something to do with my discomfort with the Gemini energy I have. I have been told by people that I should settle down and be realistic and jack-of-all-trace are always useless masters of none. So I try to regress my Gemini energy to work on being stable. I didn't know it is working against me now.

Its not working against you, its the cause of your restlessness and our Mercury placements affect our considerations. Mercury in Gemini considers a lot, its very busy. Being super considerate dosen't have to work against your career if you find the right fit. Sometimes with indecision what we're really in need of is an AHA moment.

Ostara

I think it helps to be a jack-of-all-trades if you want to be a writer! I just wrote a book and it was really fun. I published it on amazon with zero overhead. If you are ready to write I think you should go for it. Just look up kindle direct publishing if you want to publish on amazon.

I definitely see commerce or business being important to you with the Sun in the second house, so you should definitely make a career for yourself in whichever field you choose. You have Mercury in the second house too, which is perfect for writing.

Gemini888

I definitely see commerce or business being important to you with the Sun in the second house, so you should definitely make a career for yourself in whichever field you choose. You have Mercury in the second house too, which is perfect for writing.

This is surprisingly accurate. I have always wanted to be my own boss and start a business. I want to build an art-related business. I already have some plans for how to get there, but sometimes I wonder if I'm too crazy to think about opening a business myself, especially when most people around me are all "grounded" workers who work diligently at a job. I wonder if I'm just daydreaming everything. StelliumNoise is right that I'm still very young, I was at the transition between Scorpio Pluto and Sag Pluto generations anyway, and I just entered the workforce a year ago. Maybe this is what my 2H Sun and Cap MC do to me, make me think about business too early.

I started this thread asking about Neptune, and now the focus is on my Mercury :w00t: