Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 09-19-2018, 03:24 AM

Re: How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

With signatures every member of all multiple births (and all babies born on the same day) should have the same lives in many ways. Hello. Ted Bundy.

The Following User Says Thank You to unique_astrology For This Useful Post:
jac (04-20-2019)
Unread 09-19-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
It didn't set me off I just really didn't understand the point you were trying to make when I was doing exactly the same thing the OP was doing

I don't think viewing things elementally is gonna yield the most accurate of analyses. I myself am heavy water-Earth but I'm not necessarily a warm person. I'm more still waters run deep. I love people and am a humanitarian, but I'm not an openly warm person and have a hard time expressing my deep love, and that's very much in contrast with the Aquarian who always demanded snuggles who was actually very fire and Aqua based rather than water based

I'm very aloof myself as well as independent but I don't think it's really a good thing. I need to anchor myself in people more. I can be much too cut off from people. So elements can be very very misleading

In all, I really just don't see why you were telling ME to look into whole charts when the OP themselves wasn't doing that

Look, all I'm doing here is writing about how I as a Cancer get on with Aquarians I've met just like the Aquarian in the OP is doing with various other signs. They didn't bother to analyze the rest of the charts of the people in their examples, so I'm not either. My experiences are as valid as the OPs even without looking into the rest of the charts. So I really don't understand your point

To me, Aquarians just come off as wishy washy, nonsensical, and not knowing what they want. That's exactly the same kind of analysis the OP gave to various other signs. It's a given that this is all on a sun sign basis. That's the precedent the OP set, not me

For the third time, my sun and Merc are in the 11th house so I'm willing to accept I probably have some of those characteristics of Aquarians myself
OK, OK. I don't get why you take my posts so personally. I could just as easily have addressed my posts to CapAquaPisces, but you seemed to be more unhappy about how you interpret people via sun signs. Perhaps I was mistaken, but ultimately, does it matter whom I addressed? CAP or anybody can read and respond to my same posts. It doesn't matter if I address you or anybody else on this thread, with the points I was making.

Re: Aquarius and the 11th house somehow being interchangeable.

I've been studying astrology for 28 years, and have been interacting on this and another forum for 11 years, but no doubt I still have lots to learn.

But one thing I can tell you is that the modern popular conflation of signs and houses by-the-numbers is a poor idea, except in certain circumstances like medical astrology. Aquarius=the 11th house gets downright crazy-making, once you start working with the actual sign(s) in your 11th house and house cusp rulers. So no, having a tenanted 11th house confers no insights into the sign of Aquarius. Your actual 11th house sign(s) and planets will, however, say a lot about your friendships and hopes and wishes for the future.

Again (to whomever is reading) staying with sun signs as the be-all and end-all of personality limits how far one can advance astrologically; and thus how far one can use astrology to understand other people. Each of us is so much more than an "Aquarian" or a "Cancer," and a whole-chart analysis shows this.

In a relationship, sun signs alone are not very helpful because even if people have their suns in "compatible" signs, you really need a solid trine or sextile-- by degrees-- for actual sun compatibility. Otherwise, if the suns are really out-of-orb you can end up with a stressful semi- or sesqui-square in synastry.

Of course, sun signs are really important. They indicate one's identity or sense of self. If another person just cannot get one's own sense of self, it's hard to sustain a committed relationship (unless the composite chart is super-strong, notwithstanding.)

The elements have been used in astrology since ancient times. They've withstood the test of time in horoscope readings for 2000 years, so no need for me to justify them. Please note that water and earth do not in and of themselves connote personal warmth. Scorpio is a water sign and Capricorn is an earth sign, for example. And while Scorpio is known for intensity and neither is seen as a warm, fuzzy sign.

It's important not to misunderstand what the elements tell us before concluding they don't work. What they show us is a kind of motivation, or as Stephen Arroyo put it, what is very real to different people.

Also, with people who have had a tough childhood or a lot of hard knocks in life, each sign has a kind of coping strategy. Cancer can hide behind its shell, the Lion can retreat to its den to lick its wounds. Pisces can resort to a martyr complex, or want to be the universal saviour of damaged people. And so on.

Of course, it's always possible that anyone with any sun sign can be immature, insensitive, confused, rude, lonely, and so on. With over 600 million Aquarians on the planet, Mr. Cuddles may not have been exactly representative.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
jac (04-20-2019)
Unread 09-19-2018, 05:52 AM

The other thing I notice about Aquarians is that they're a lot more sensitive than they let on. On the surface, they seem aloof, but internally, they're squishy as hell. Since Cancers are very perceptive and intuitive, it strains a relationship when we can see such truths and will act accordingly to them, but the Aquarian is in denial
Cancers are very much the opposite where we seem more sensitive than we actually are. Since we deal with the emotional tides of the moon and ocean daily, we're very strong emotional creatures
Unread 09-19-2018, 05:57 AM

Lykenized, there is no need to get aggressive and hostile. My advice to people who dislike my posts is simply not to read them. So feel free to take your own advice.

My information is more valuable than you realize. I don't claim credit for it, incidentally. It's a distillation of many years of horoscope reading and study of some well-known astrologers, like it or not. Hopefully it will be helpful to anyone else participating on this thread.

Best wishes, W.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 09-19-2018, 06:11 AM

And about elements... It's just very superficial to associate water signs with being cuddly and whatever. That was my point. When I mentioned how the Aquarian was needy and cuddly, you mentioned water. That's superficial. He also wasn't a very watery guy so you were also wrong. Water isn't about being needy and cuddly. It's a lot deeper than that and a water sign may come off just as aloof as you imagine Aquarians coming off(which I also rarely find to be the case)

Water runs much deeper than that. Like I notice with many Aquarian artists they may be original, but their work lacks depth or soul or unless there's water, or spark or spirit unless there's fire. But generally, it's just lacking in depth

Last edited by Lykanized; 09-19-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Unread 09-19-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
... I'm not gonna assume you're replying to someone else or the ******* Bobadook or something lol
Pray tell, what is a "******* Bobadook"?

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a chart.jpg (46.8 KB, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to unique_astrology For This Useful Post:
jac (04-20-2019)
Unread 09-20-2018, 02:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
I said this many times before in the forum I belonged to in the last 6.5 years, Im a sun and moon Aquarius, and not exactly sure which sign I relate to the best or the most.

With Aries, some astrologers said it's a good match, Aquarians like powerful self-confident alpha people, but Aries are easily prone to anger and temper.

Aries are powerful self-confident alpha people though. While they have a temper, they tend to move on quickly and not hold grudges. It's pretty lit to see in action.
Unread 09-21-2018, 04:53 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

All,

This is an astrology thread, not a chat thread. Stick to astrology only. I've deleted MANY non-astrological posts from this thread. A good number of them also violated our rule to keep it PG.

Astrology only, appropriately,
Osamenor
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:01 AM

Smile Re: How Aquarians relate to other zodiac signs

I'd say, Aquarians relate honestly and openly, whether they're being friendly, antagonistic, or neutral.
Some similarity to how Sagittarius relates, minus the blunt, insightful criticisms.

Last edited by david starling; 09-22-2018 at 08:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
GemwDepth (12-03-2018)
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Lykenized, there is no need to get aggressive and hostile. My advice to people who dislike my posts is simply not to read them. So feel free to take your own advice.

My information is more valuable than you realize. I don't claim credit for it, incidentally. It's a distillation of many years of horoscope reading and study of some well-known astrologers, like it or not. Hopefully it will be helpful to anyone else participating on this thread.

Best wishes, W.
Since it was deleted for some reason, take your own advice and also, if you have issues with people talking sun sign astrology, be more rational and address the OP, not me. Thanks. Just helping you make more sense in the future

Since you addressed me, I'd have to say you took my post personally but that's not my problem
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Since it was deleted for some reason, take your own advice and also, if you have issues with people talking sun sign astrology, be more rational and address the OP, not me. Thanks. Just helping you make more sense in the future

Since you addressed me, I'd have to say you took my post personally but that's not my problem
Can one be "Aquarian" from the Asc or Moon placements? Or, Sun only?
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Can one be "Aquarian" from the Asc or Moon placements? Or, Sun only?
Ask waybread
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Ask waybread
Waybread has Virgo Asc and Leo Moon, but still seems Aquarian.
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:29 AM

Mercury. I left out Merc. That would make sense.
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:29 AM

I honestly have no idea of her placements but can't really guess why she'd address me personally rather than the OP if she wasn't Aquarian somehow
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I honestly have no idea of her placements but can't really guess why she'd address me personally rather than the OP if she wasn't Aquarian somehow
You interest her. I should have added she has Sun in Aquarius.
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
You interest her. I should have added she has Sun in Aquarius.
Oh yeah I remember another thread discussing Aquarians and the classic disappearing act before. Sounds like pop astrology, but I do think it has water to it

What do you mean interest her? She just thinks I'm aggressive and love dominating people

Last edited by Lykanized; 09-22-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah I remember another thread discussing Aquarians and the classic disappearing act before. Sounds like pop astrology, but I do think it has water to it

What do you mean interest her? She just thinks I'm aggressive and love dominating people
You showed her your Chart in that thread about cheating death.
Unread 09-22-2018, 10:57 AM

Lykanized, have you studied martial arts? I think you'd make an excellent self-defense instructor.
Unread 09-22-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Lykanized, have you studied martial arts? I think you'd make an excellent self-defense instructor.
Tbh I don't think I'd make a very good instructor of any sort because I've very little patience. But I love martial arts and have been looking for one I can afford in my area that I also feel a kinship too. I've loved martial arts since I was a child

Thanks for the suggestion. I really could probably use the study of a martial art to channel my energy

Last edited by Lykanized; 09-22-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Unread 09-22-2018, 11:26 AM

Just thought of a joke: Pediatricians are known for having little patients.

I studied Aikido, and loved it. What I learned has stayed with me. Don't know what I'd do without it.
Lykanized (09-22-2018)
Unread 09-22-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Just thought of a joke: Pediatricians are known for having little patients.

I studied Aikido, and loved it. What I learned has stayed with me. Don't know what I'd do without it.
I hope the forum Nazi doesn't mind us deviating a little into this. If so, I'll bring it to DMs

Many things draw me to martial arts...I have a love of anything ancient, I love the aesthetics, and I won't lie, I love the raw, bestial feeling of fighting and maybe I need something like that, but I also love the philosophy of them. The power aspect draws me to them too, power that can take others by surprise and perhaps may confound them. The first martial art that drew me in was ninjutsu. The espionage and psychological warfare aspects definitely fascinated me. But since i'm very artsy, I love aesthetics too. Capoeira isn't technically a martial art, but it was originally used to covertly train in fighting for slaves. It's very musical, very beautiful, very much about connection between people and I love that for very different reasons than the reasons I love more philosophical Eastern arts, or very brutal more Americanized arts

What did you learn with Aikido besides that physical aspects of course? I know with Eastern arts there's very heavy and significant philosophy

And also lol at your dad joke

Last edited by Lykanized; 09-22-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Unread 09-22-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I hope the forum Nazi doesn't mind us deviating a little into this. If so, I'll bring it to DMs

Many things draw me to martial arts...I have a love of anything ancient, I love the aesthetics, and I won't lie, I love the raw, bestial feeling of fighting and maybe I need something like that, but I also love the philosophy of them. The power aspect draws me to them too, power that can take others by surprise and perhaps may confound them. The first martial art that drew me in was ninjutsu. The espionage and psychological warfare aspects definitely fascinated me. But since i'm very artsy, I love aesthetics too. Capoeira isn't technically a martial art, but it was originally used to covertly train in fighting for slaves. It's very musical, very beautiful, very much about connection between people and I love that for very different reasons than the reasons I love more philosophical Eastern arts, or very brutal more Americanized arts

What did you learn with Aikido besides that physical aspects of course? I know with Eastern arts there's very heavy and significant philosophy

And also lol at your dad joke
I learned my center of gravity. Really learned it. Also, how to move without fighting gravity.
Lykanized (09-22-2018)
Unread 09-22-2018, 12:09 PM

An instructor came over to me during practice once, and said "You're learning the techniques very quickly. But, you still think you're fighting someone."
Lykanized (09-22-2018)
Unread 09-22-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I learned my center of gravity. Really learned it. Also, how to move without fighting gravity.
Was there any philosophy involved too?

Granted, as a writer, gravity is a potent symbol

Tags
aquarians, relate, signs, zodiac