Saturn conjunct Midheaven and North Node in Virgo, Chiron in 6th house Taurus

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask the advice for my career/work/job sector. Don't know if it has something to do with Saturn conjunct MC in 10th house and Chiron in the 6th house, I have suffered long time in this sector. There has been lots of frustration and now I think it's about time for a real change.

I have chosen graphic design for my study because I am sensitive to artistic and aesthetically beautiful things. It turns out not so well after my graduation. I wasn't very into it, especially when it's commercial graphic design that doesn't give you much freedom to express yourself, also the fact that working intensively in front the computer screen made me sick. I have thought about being an artist but somehow I was blocked, I don't know why, but I feel I am enveloped by a heavy load of guiltiness towards my family. I feel I need to make money, need to have a job that's socially acceptable to honour my parents so that I can reward them with good paid salary (I am from Taiwan and it's very common to pay back your parents when you start to make money). However, it never happened, instead I am in a vicious circle: I quit graphic design and I come back, then I quit, then I come back again. Because of that I am nearly 40 but I have not practically established a "career".

Apart from art, it's been long time I am interested in esoteric domains like astrology, tarot and I Ching and alternative healing: Chinese medicine, flower essence and energetic healing. I wonder if it is my true calling and my vocation, especially seeing Chiron trines my North Node and MC. A plan starts to grow in my mind: quit the computer and all those skills I've built, and start from zero, work in a massage house to learn the foundation of massage therapy, enough to pay my living and save some money to study Chinese medicine and flower essence --- become a therapist in alternative energetic healing.

I would like to ask advice from you if it is a chart that suits this path. I somehow have the intuition that it is the way, but to quit everything I've built so far (although not much, but there is something) just seems too scary. Also, there is still a part of me very attached to beauty and aesthetics, that means the work environment has to be aesthetically pleasant, with nice design and good taste. What I found very often is that people in the healing field cares less about beauty outside, but more focused inside. For me it's both important, but sometimes you do find imbalance and conflict, for example, people who work in the fashion might look good exterior, but the fashion world is full of egoistic people in a very competitive rat race. I don't know if this has something to do with Chiron in Taurus, I feel the wound is not being able to express beauty in my daily work.

Here is the link to my chart:
https://imgur.com/a/7bjre

Looking forward to shed some light in my career sector.

Thanks a lot!

waybread

Although I don't think alternative health care practitioners make a lot of money, I think you would be happier in the fields you suggest. Something about you needs to go very deep (moon-Pluto, 8th house planets) into areas of life that actually frighten other people.

I don't know much about Chinese medicine other than that it is becoming a lot more popular in the West, and I imagine that it is well respected in Taiwan. If you think about people who are emotionally of physically in pain in some way and that your career involved restoring them to well-being, I think that a career in this field would suit you.

Saturn rules physical pain as well as the skin, and your Saturn is ruled by Mercury, which rules the hands, so I think you could do well as a licensed massage therapist.

I think you could even work with hospice patients, if you saw your focus as providing some beauty and comfort to them.

In terms of a beautiful environment, a spa or some kind of retreat where people go to feel rejuvenated might be a supportive place for you to work.

When people shift careers, I don't think they ever quite lose their old expertise, but they use it in different ways.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your interpretation.

The tendency to go too deep made me not like a typical Leo, I was attracted to the issue of death, what goes beyond that, where will we go afterwards, what's the meaning of life...

I would still like to explore other possibilities.

I was trying for a while to switch graphic design to UI/UX (user interface and user experience) design, a field with the increasing demand in the tech, double salary than graphic design. It requires very logical thinking and intensive verbal and writing communication, and I was even learning coding. The "making more money voice" is speaking loud here of course ... what do you feel about this?

And once I had an interpretation from an astrologer who says that I can do international business. I was very surprised because business is something very alienated to me. I never got interested in commerce. Where does that come from? What is his point?

Thanks again!
:smile:

waybread

Did you enjoy the new UI/UX design focus? I would never argue with something that you enjoyed and that has a good earning potential. I think the international commerce suggestion came from your 9th house Jupiter. Actually, in the whole signs house system, all of your Leo planets would move to the 9th house.

The 9th house rules mind-expanding activities such as overseas travel, higher education, and developing a life philosophy.

At some level, I think you have to decide what direction to take. An astrologer can suggest careers you'd probably be good at, but we don't live the life that results from your choices.

Dandelion192

Hi,
I just joined this forum for the sole purpose of connecting with you BlossomToYourself. I have never even been on a forum before, I was searching north node conjunct midheaven conjunct Saturn and your post popped up. I suffer from the same issues you do concerning career. I was born on August 1, 1979 at 3:11 pm in Keokuk, Iowa. I have North Node conjunct the midheaven conjunct Saturn in Virgo with Chiron in 6th House Taurus. If you'd love to chat that would be great!