Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 09-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Artisgood Artisgood is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
Career synastry with Joseph Campbell

I was having some fun the other day looking up charts of various people. I have recently come across the work of the late Joseph Campbell and for kicks I ran his chart. To my surprise we have a conjunct Mc/Mc, As/As, And a couple others. I just recently found Campbell's work and am somewhat at a career crossroads myself (I am currently an artist/designer, still a student, but also creating my own work). I'm guessing after seeing this that an investigation into Campbell's work might be inspiring to me. I couldn't find any general interpretations online for the conjunct Midheavens and I've never shared so much in a synastry chart with anyone before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JC.jpg (76.5 KB, 7 views)


Last edited by Artisgood; 09-19-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: add chart image
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-20-2015, 03:52 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Career synastry with Joseph Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisgood View Post
I was having some fun the other day looking up charts of various people. I have recently come across the work of the late Joseph Campbell and for kicks I ran his chart. To my surprise we have a conjunct Mc/Mc, As/As, And a couple others. I just recently found Campbell's work and am somewhat at a career crossroads myself (I am currently an artist/designer, still a student, but also creating my own work). I'm guessing after seeing this that an investigation into Campbell's work might be inspiring to me. I couldn't find any general interpretations online for the conjunct Midheavens and I've never shared so much in a synastry chart with anyone before.
Cool idea!

(using full sign houses) Campbell triggers your 1st, 7th and 11th House. He would be your ideal partner and friend! He would inspire you to work on yourself and his influence would broaden your circle of friends and supporters and/or inspire you to have big dreams. For Campbell, however, you trigger his 1st, 6th and 8th House, which is usually not so nice, hehe.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 09-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Artisgood Artisgood is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
Cool idea!

(using full sign houses) Campbell triggers your 1st, 7th and 11th House. He would be your ideal partner and friend! He would inspire you to work on yourself and his influence would broaden your circle of friends and supporters and/or inspire you to have big dreams. For Campbell, however, you trigger his 1st, 6th and 8th House, which is usually not so nice, hehe.
Thanks! I just thought it was a rather uncanny coincidence. Interesting also is that I touch his 1,6,8 houses! I am pretty novice as an astrologer but if:

House 1: way you are perceived in the world
House 6: can also be related to work apprenticeship
House 8: death, mystical, etc

Since I never knew of Campbell or his work until after he died I found even those aspects interesting, even if they might present unpleasantly to the late Campbell.

For practical consideration I should let it be known that after some investigation I found that many of his views and influences have also been my own. My work as an artist/designer heavily involved myth, psychology, mysticism, and symbolism. Investigating my next piece is what led me to Campbell. Very interesting!

Last edited by Artisgood; 09-20-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 09-27-2015, 05:38 AM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Career synastry with Joseph Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisgood View Post
Thanks! I just thought it was a rather uncanny coincidence. Interesting also is that I touch his 1,6,8 houses! I am pretty novice as an astrologer but if:

House 1: way you are perceived in the world
House 6: can also be related to work apprenticeship
House 8: death, mystical, etc

Since I never knew of Campbell or his work until after he died I found even those aspects interesting, even if they might present unpleasantly to the late Campbell.

For practical consideration I should let it be known that after some investigation I found that many of his views and influences have also been my own. My work as an artist/designer heavily involved myth, psychology, mysticism, and symbolism. Investigating my next piece is what led me to Campbell. Very interesting!
It doesn't have to be unpleasant for him necessarily. It's all a matter of perspective and awareness, you know. Since he was a very aware being who was very much into mystic studies already anyway, getting his 8th House triggered would have probably been a good thing.

But very interesting approach. I was thinking about that too, I was planning doing some research on that, actually. Because there are certain philosophies that certain people find appealing and others don't. And a synastry can give some interesting answers. I don't think it's going to be as simple as 'Pisces like Marx' or 'Scopios like Nietzsche' but it's going to be interesting what kind of people (astrologically speaking) favor what philosophies. Thanks for your inspiring thoughts!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 09-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Artisgood Artisgood is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
It doesn't have to be unpleasant for him necessarily. It's all a matter of perspective and awareness, you know. Since he was a very aware being who was very much into mystic studies already anyway, getting his 8th House triggered would have probably been a good thing.

But very interesting approach. I was thinking about that too, I was planning doing some research on that, actually. Because there are certain philosophies that certain people find appealing and others don't. And a synastry can give some interesting answers. I don't think it's going to be as simple as 'Pisces like Marx' or 'Scopios like Nietzsche' but it's going to be interesting what kind of people (astrologically speaking) favor what philosophies. Thanks for your inspiring thoughts!
Okay, so I've familiarised myself with Campbell and his beliefs/ideology a bit more since I wrote this post. I've also learned a bit about his biography. The similarities between him and myself are almost "creepy" in some aspects. For example, his interests began with Native American culture then to Arthurian legends/Norse, then Hindu culture. I had the SAME progression through the world cultures and even at the same chronological ages as Campbell. I've read a couple of his books, watched a lot of lectures, etc. On every subject in which he speaks it is like he's expressing exactly what I feel/think. Ultimately we both seem to have the same worldview and soul "yearnings" shall we say. I've found him to be the definition of a kindred spirit for me. I've been drawn to multi-cultural/artistic/literary/mystical studies since I was very young..just like Campbell. But the serendipitous part isn't the similar interests, it's the fact that he assimilates this knowledge the same way I do and translates it into his outlook and work much in the same way that I as a student am envisioning to do in my own career. In short, we both have the same ideas and want to devote our life and work to imparting this wisdom for the good of all people. Kindred idealists. So glad I was exposed to his work and found him at all.

So for anyone sharing these aspects with another, know that these aspects (at least in my case) are almost like an shared blueprint of career, philosophy, worldview, higher self goals.

Last edited by Artisgood; 09-27-2015 at 01:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-29-2015, 05:40 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Career synastry with Joseph Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisgood View Post
Okay, so I've familiarised myself with Campbell and his beliefs/ideology a bit more since I wrote this post. I've also learned a bit about his biography. The similarities between him and myself are almost "creepy" in some aspects. For example, his interests began with Native American culture then to Arthurian legends/Norse, then Hindu culture. I had the SAME progression through the world cultures and even at the same chronological ages as Campbell. I've read a couple of his books, watched a lot of lectures, etc. On every subject in which he speaks it is like he's expressing exactly what I feel/think. Ultimately we both seem to have the same worldview and soul "yearnings" shall we say. I've found him to be the definition of a kindred spirit for me. I've been drawn to multi-cultural/artistic/literary/mystical studies since I was very young..just like Campbell. But the serendipitous part isn't the similar interests, it's the fact that he assimilates this knowledge the same way I do and translates it into his outlook and work much in the same way that I as a student am envisioning to do in my own career. In short, we both have the same ideas and want to devote our life and work to imparting this wisdom for the good of all people. Kindred idealists. So glad I was exposed to his work and found him at all.

So for anyone sharing these aspects with another, know that these aspects (at least in my case) are almost like an shared blueprint of career, philosophy, worldview, higher self goals.
Thanks for the update. You are on the same wavelength astrologically speaking. So, if you know about Law of Attraction, then it's no surprise that you found him, or to use LOA-speak, that you attracted him into your life. Birds of a feather... he's part of your vibrational family. You know, there are physical families and vibrational families and if both are a match, that's nice, but usually it's not a match. So when you after many years meet someone who belongs to your vibrational family, that's an awesome feeling, indeed.
__________________


Last edited by muchacho; 09-29-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 09-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Artisgood Artisgood is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
Thanks for the update. You are on the same wavelength astrologically speaking. So, if you know about Law of Attraction, then it's no surprise that you found him, or to use LOA-speak, that you attracted him into your life. Birds of a feather... he's part of your vibrational family. You know, there are physical families and vibrational families and if both are a match, that's nice, but usually it's not a match. So when you after many years meet someone who belongs to your vibrational family, that's an awesome feeling, indeed.
I'm familiar with LOA, but could you explain the difference between vibrational and physical families? Sorry, it sounded interesting...thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-29-2015, 06:48 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Career synastry with Joseph Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisgood View Post
I'm familiar with LOA, but could you explain the difference between vibrational and physical families? Sorry, it sounded interesting...thanks!
Vibrational family are like-minded people, bothers and sisters in spirit so to speak; physical family are your parents and siblings and other relatives. What I have noticed is that if people would just care about those with who they truly resonate on a deeper level, i.e. vibrationally, as you do with Campbell, they would probably spend less time with their actual physical family with who they may only share some habits and experiences but don't resonate on a deeper level.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 09-29-2015, 10:41 PM
Artisgood Artisgood is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
Re: Career synastry with Joseph Campbell

I believe your theory is correct! I think if we take time as individuals to learn what I call our "soul yearnings" (and a good starting point for this is astrology) then we have the ability to align ourselves with the universe so to speak. Life is about choices, mentality, and potentiality. Once we align ourselves in this way (which includes putting our thoughts and ACTIONS toward the goal) we naturally would draw those we resonate with. Call it LOA, a spiritual path, or "following your bliss" (Campbell) terms aren't as relevant as the concept.

Now I'm only beginner level of understanding with astrology interpretation but I've been interested in esoteric studies all my life. I had read that back in medieval times there was a thought that a lot of oppositions in synastry was actually a positive thing. "Opposites attract" kind of mentality. What do you make of that?

Thank you for the stimulating conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-30-2015, 05:06 AM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Career synastry with Joseph Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisgood View Post
I believe your theory is correct! I think if we take time as individuals to learn what I call our "soul yearnings" (and a good starting point for this is astrology) then we have the ability to align ourselves with the universe so to speak. Life is about choices, mentality, and potentiality. Once we align ourselves in this way (which includes putting our thoughts and ACTIONS toward the goal) we naturally would draw those we resonate with. Call it LOA, a spiritual path, or "following your bliss" (Campbell) terms aren't as relevant as the concept.

Now I'm only beginner level of understanding with astrology interpretation but I've been interested in esoteric studies all my life. I had read that back in medieval times there was a thought that a lot of oppositions in synastry was actually a positive thing. "Opposites attract" kind of mentality. What do you make of that?

Thank you for the stimulating conversation.
Keep in mind that astrology is just one part of the equation. You have to also consider level of awareness and mood. You could be with your soul mate and don't even notice it because s/he is always in a bad mood and not really herself/himself and so the relationship won't be satisfying for anyone involved. Or you could be with your soul mate but you would have very different levels of understandings and awareness. That would be harmonious but in the long run not very satisfying either. Relationships are a very fascinating but rather complex matter.

About opposites and so called challenging aspects, personally I think aspects don't matter that much, especially when you are on your own and with yourself because even if you have contradictory habits or character traits, you probably won't even notice because that's just the way you are wired. But others may notice it because they have a certain image and expectations of you which you then sometimes may contradict or not fulfill. And so thru them (or social norms) you may realize those 'challenging' aspects. So you will probably notice them more indirectly than directly.

But you are right, of course, opposites do attract, I see it here on the forum all the time when I look at synastry charts. Contrast is essential for expansion. And expansion makes you feel alive and joyous. That's the nature of dualistic feeling states. You can only feel joy if you also know sorrow. If you would only feel joy for a while, then you would get used to it and it would feel normal and become your habitual state. That's called normalization. Same goes for sorrow. So if you really want to be in bliss again and again, then you have to expand because what you call bliss today will be the new normal tomorrow and old news the day after tomorrow, i.e. the freshness is gone. If we apply that to relationships, then we could say that 100% harmonious relationships are not even wanted and even counterproductive if your goal is to live in joy. The trick seems to be to get the right amount of contrast, because if there's more contrast than you can handle, then your will feel overwhelmed and if there's way less contrast then what you are used to, then you will feel bored. Both overwhelment and boredom are negative feeling states. And what I've noticed is that the more self-aware one is, the better one can handle contrast. Which means the more awareness there is, the less those astrological factors actually matter. After all, your day to day mood does not depend on astrological factors.

We cannot ascertain from a chart if someone is going to be mostly happy or not. That depends entirely on what one is doing with his/her focus and conscious thought. And in the end, isn't someone who was usually in a happy mood considered to have lived a happy life and someone who was in a bad mood most of the time considered to have lived a sad life? So in that sense, there are no good or bad charts. However there may be some charts that can make it easier to go with the current trends of society than others (I noticed that in this day and age with such a strong focus on marketability those with an emphasis on water signs tend to have more difficulties finding their way then those with more emphasis on the other elements).

Interesting conversation about a fascinating topic!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 09-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Artisgood Artisgood is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
Keep in mind that astrology is just one part of the equation. You have to also consider level of awareness and mood. You could be with your soul mate and don't even notice it because s/he is always in a bad mood and not really herself/himself and so the relationship won't be satisfying for anyone involved. Or you could be with your soul mate but you would have very different levels of understandings and awareness. That would be harmonious but in the long run not very satisfying either. Relationships are a very fascinating but rather complex matter.

About opposites and so called challenging aspects, personally I think aspects don't matter that much, especially when you are on your own and with yourself because even if you have contradictory habits or character traits, you probably won't even notice because that's just the way you are wired. But others may notice it because they have a certain image and expectations of you which you then sometimes may contradict or not fulfill. And so thru them (or social norms) you may realize those 'challenging' aspects. So you will probably notice them more indirectly than directly.

But you are right, of course, opposites do attract, I see it here on the forum all the time when I look at synastry charts. Contrast is essential for expansion. And expansion makes you feel alive and joyous. That's the nature of dualistic feeling states. You can only feel joy if you also know sorrow. If you would only feel joy for a while, then you would get used to it and it would feel normal and become your habitual state. That's called normalization. Same goes for sorrow. So if you really want to be in bliss again and again, then you have to expand because what you call bliss today will be the new normal tomorrow and old news the day after tomorrow, i.e. the freshness is gone. If we apply that to relationships, then we could say that 100% harmonious relationships are not even wanted and even counterproductive if your goal is to live in joy. The trick seems to be to get the right amount of contrast, because if there's more contrast than you can handle, then your will feel overwhelmed and if there's way less contrast then what you are used to, then you will feel bored. Both overwhelment and boredom are negative feeling states. And what I've noticed is that the more self-aware one is, the better one can handle contrast. Which means the more awareness there is, the less those astrological factors actually matter. After all, your day to day mood does not depend on astrological factors.

We cannot ascertain from a chart if someone is going to be mostly happy or not. That depends entirely on what one is doing with his/her focus and conscious thought. And in the end, isn't someone who was usually in a happy mood considered to have lived a happy life and someone who was in a bad mood most of the time considered to have lived a sad life? So in that sense, there are no good or bad charts. However there may be some charts that can make it easier to go with the current trends of society than others (I noticed that in this day and age with such a strong focus on marketability those with an emphasis on water signs tend to have more difficulties finding their way then those with more emphasis on the other elements).

Interesting conversation about a fascinating topic!
Wow! Excellent analysis of astrology and its role in synastry and awareness. It's refreshing to meet someone that views things this way. Too often in the case of astrology I think things are over simplified. A persons level of awareness and their overall moods, choices, and habits certainly play a large role in the success of their relationships.

I know personally that I quickly get bored with people who are too similar or relationships that are too comfortable and easy. Currently I am in a relationship that is very challenging with a person who is quite different than myself. On paper we are not "matches," but our personalities are such that a opposites attract type relationship suits us. We have both grown a lot as individuals because of it.

It is so interesting the role that conscious awareness plays on life and how these factors are reflected astrologically. I hold to the belief that there are no absolutes and what works for one may not work for another.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 10-04-2015, 05:54 PM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Career synastry with Joseph Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisgood View Post
Wow! Excellent analysis of astrology and its role in synastry and awareness. It's refreshing to meet someone that views things this way. Too often in the case of astrology I think things are over simplified. A persons level of awareness and their overall moods, choices, and habits certainly play a large role in the success of their relationships.

I know personally that I quickly get bored with people who are too similar or relationships that are too comfortable and easy. Currently I am in a relationship that is very challenging with a person who is quite different than myself. On paper we are not "matches," but our personalities are such that a opposites attract type relationship suits us. We have both grown a lot as individuals because of it.

It is so interesting the role that conscious awareness plays on life and how these factors are reflected astrologically. I hold to the belief that there are no absolutes and what works for one may not work for another.
Astrology means a lot of things to a lot of people. My views have changed over the years a lot, too. And with it my take on astrology. I'd say what's interesting is not if someone simplifies or not, but where s/he simplifies because that's usually a good indicator for where they are coming from, in a philosophy of life sense. In the Muchacho School of Astrology, for instance, conscious thought trumps everything. So much about over-simplifying, hehe.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
campbell, career, joseph, synastry

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.