Robin williams....

I have Pluto at 20 Leo and really noticed feeling pretty weird during the Full Moon yesterday August 10, 11am PDT at 18 Aquarius. Robin's Pluto was 18Leo49. my Mother ascended when Pluto conjoined her Rising sign in 2005.http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?wgid=wgeJw1Tt0KgjAUfpqg4Ag7c2Y1zlUXUXRVhNfHFDdyM9pEfPtm0NUH3_9kX5ak7hwxat9QZfvesgtwG2rrwYFEKAH3BQLmh1yB2U7QcQABR2Of3A1wvq6kWD_uG9iVU74HhT65R0CpFGSyUEKA0NzUnl1Lv94U-A8tQsOxJYmJvYz9nGDZ03Wc3-mai4Y4TtqEmTLUn0BYnb5vTTan

Flapjacks

Robin Williams had the same b-day as me, and I grew up with his movies and felt like his was that "funny uncle" that I never met.

Never saw his chart before... He has same Mercury placement by sign (also aspecting Pluto) and same Venus placement (even same degree). No wonder I felt so much for him!

Cried a lot when I heard the news. I hope his family and loved ones are doing ok; there really isn't very much words can do. :crying:

DoubleAquarius

So apparently the scene in "Good Will Hunting" when Robin Williams was talking abut his wife farting was entirely add lib on his part. Matt Damon was laughing so hard because it was not in the script at all! He was truly a special person and a very talented actor.

RIP

ashriia

So very sad. When I heard about his suicide on npr this evening. I thought this **** powerful moon. I felt very sad myself last night. I did wonder at the astrology behind this when I heard. Seeing this chart. Saturn was conjunct the ascendant in scorp. Moon hit his pluto hard. Also full moon is opposite lilith. So lilith was conjunct his natal pluto. Full moon in aqua was square transiting saturn on the asc. And to add fire to the flames Jupiter is in Leo.. Magnifying all of it. Jupiter always seems to play a role in death. That's my novice interpretation. Poor guy. Very sad. Would love to hear more of the astrology behind his death. Logged on specifically to read about it. But haven't seen much yet.

Last edited:

roz

RIP. So sad! what an amazing comedian. His character in Dead Poets Society was so inspiring, I feel like standing on a school desk right now.

hermetic

Just came to post about this. Natal chart here and on astrotheme are a little different, check the one on there too.

astro_2atw_01_robin_williams.31195.11339.gif

First thing I noticed for transits on his death, on a astrotheme chart, transiting Jupiter is one degree away from MC(often Jupiter is found in death charts), both Saturn and Mars transiting first house, Saturn here alone aids much to depressive states. Mars could be right on the ascendant somewhere because these charts differ by 12 degrees.

Anyway, his natal T-square of Jupiter, Mars Uranus and Neptune is on close degrees of April's Grand cross, was activated all through this past spring, and is currently opposed by Pluto, making it a grand cross to his chart. Pluto opposes Mars which is his chart and asc ruler, and the orb is very tight. I see no aspects to his eight house ruler mercury though, only the full moon triggering it.

These are just some basic influences I gather from a quick look, will try to look at it in more detail later. But these transits alone make enough to predict a really harsh period in one's life.

Last edited:

serafin5

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The Ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

By Walt Whitman

I remember when Robin Williams made his first television debut on the show called "Happy Days", where he played "Mork from Ork". I was 12yrs. old. I've been so upset about his passing I am not able to sleep tonight. This man has been in some of my most beloved movies ever and I will miss him terribly!

S5

junoisuppose

Oh dear, so sad :sad:

His birthday is the day before mine, so like Flapjacks I always felt an affinity for him.

Coincidentally I was reading about talking to people who are grieving recently, and the advice given there was that how and why a person died is such a small part of their life that it is better to focus on what they did when they were alive, which is so, so much more.

Mork & Mindy was an integral part of my childhood, I was inspired by Dead Poet's Society, Aladdin is one of the best Disney movies in my opinion, not least because of the Genie, I loved the Fisher King and even One Hour Photo, creepy though it was. And then there are all the really funny and hilarious moments, too many to mention specifically.

Having said all that though it is interesting (if that's the right word) that if scorpio is his ascendant then the ruler of the 8th house, mercury, is conjunct the ruler of the 1st, and both on the MC - a signature for a high profile suicide. I don't want to suggest that everyone who has this will die the same way, it is just one way that it can manifest.

If we take mars as the ruler of scorpio that is being opposed by pluto and affected by the grand cardinal crosses that have been going on recently, as hermetic says, and saturn crossing his ascendant can make a person feel like the weight of the world is on them, as ashriia mentioned.

& if the chart posted is correct, the full moon on 10th August activated his IC, which is the point of the end of life, by a conjunction of 4 degrees (18'02 Aquarius) and opposed his MC, so also triggered a lot of attention for his career and public profile. It also opposed his natal pluto (as ashriia already said).

I'd be interested to know what his progressions, solar arc directions and solar return for this year were. The solar return might be especially important as it is only 3 weeks since his birthday.

Also a controversial theory, less astrologically referenced, and one that I definitely don't want people to feel condemned or doomed by, but there is a book called "The Secret Language of Relationships" which is loosely based on astrology and divides the signs into weeks. Those born in the week of the Cancer/Leo cusp are described as being prone to depression, and a notable example given is Ernest Hemingway, whose birthday was 21st July 1899 and who also committed suicide. :sad:

I still think it is so sad, and so unnecessary, when people commit suicide though. But perhaps if I was in their position I would understand.

Last edited:

Drsendero

This is very sad indeed. He was a wonderful actor and comedian.

I am curious regarding his birth time. Astro.com (and now Astrotheme) both give the same chart now with a birth time of 1:34 pm CST. However, according to time change sites on the web (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/usa/chicago?year=1951) and (http://weatherspark.com/history/31158/1951/Chicago-Illinois-United-States) and the ZET astrology software I'm using, Chicago was using DST at that time. This gives him an ascendant of 0 Scorpio 55 and of course this throws a few planets into different houses.

I'm wondering if anyone knows why astro.com and astrotheme are using CST rather than DST for his chart.

hermetic

^ How could someone who didn't know him tell that anyway? none of us here know what kind of person he was, he was an actor and we knew him by his roles.

Ok, so in the SR chart for this year (using his place of death as reference place, which might be off), SR asc falls in Sag and Jupiter is placed in the eight SR house, combusted and squared by Mars.

Looking at planetary periods, he has with this birthday just entered his Mars period as a rulling planet, and in this SR Mars is conj NN and squaring SR asc ruler. Since Mars natally rules his 1st and 6th houses, body, self and health are compromised, especially since in his chart Mars is tightly conj Uranus, which might account for erratic and unpredictable actions. Tension of T-square is well known too, but under Mars period all this sort of explodes.
I do believe he had to have this ingrained within his psyche mostly his whole life, just well masked or handled to extent.

Progressed Mars is on 22 degrees Leo, conjunct Mercury, eight house ruler. His suicide is an act of violence(Mars), dramatic(Leo) and very much in spotlight(MC), I've seen news of it everywhere today.
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he already had attempts at it, double sign on 8th house cusp.

His arabic part of suicide falls on 8 deg Cancer, just 2 degrees away from Mars Uranus conjunction.

I have trouble calculating hyleg and achochoden here, since there are so many considerations to be made, I remember someone did that for Whitney Houston chart and got almost exact age at which she died.

junoisuppose

Ok, so in the SR chart for this year (using his place of death as reference place, which might be off), SR asc falls in Sag and Jupiter is placed in the eight SR house, combusted and squared by Mars.

Looking at planetary periods, he has with this birthday just entered his Mars period as a rulling planet, and in this SR Mars is conj NN and squaring SR asc ruler. Since Mars natally rules his 1st and 6th houses, body, self and health are compromised, especially since in his chart Mars is tightly conj Uranus, which might account for erratic and unpredictable actions. Tension of T-square is well known too, but under Mars period all this sort of explodes.
I do believe he had to have this ingrained within his psyche mostly his whole life, just well masked or handled to extent.

Progressed Mars is on 22 degrees Leo, conjunct Mercury, eight house ruler. His suicide is an act of violence(Mars), dramatic(Leo) and very much in spotlight(MC), I've seen news of it everywhere today.
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he already had attempts at it, double sign on 8th house cusp.

His arabic part of suicide falls on 8 deg Cancer, just 2 degrees away from Mars Uranus conjunction.

So there were indicators in the natal chart, the solar return chart, & the progressed chart :sad:

ashriia

Just to make things easier on us in looking at the charts. I've included his transits with astro databanks birth time info. and his SR for where he died and lived. - Since the SR was read here by hermetic. The NN conjunct Mars does stand out for me too. I added some of my usual add-ons -lilith/vertex/sn/pof/chiron. as they always seem relevant in chart interpretation of any kind in my opinion.

Attachments

• transits robin w.jpg
    transits robin w.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 133
  • SR robin w.jpg
    SR robin w.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 131
  • bi wheel SR Natal robin w.jpg
    bi wheel SR Natal robin w.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed

OnTheCusp

Progressions (8/11/2014)

Asc: 3.38 Capricorn
MC: 28.47 Libra
Sun: 29.02 Virgo
Moon: 25.43 Gemini
Fortuna: 0.19 Libra
Spirit: 6.56 Aries

Lord Asc is Mars. Lord 8 (death) is Mercury. Lord 12 (self undoing) is Venus. Sun is Lord 10 and also co-significator of the native, along with the Moon. So we'd expect to see some of these involved in the progressions.

The big things that leap out are...

-Progressed Sun ("Me") is about to lose MAJOR dignity. Keep in mind it's been in Virgo for about 30 years. Also that progressions are not very precise time-wise (so even though the sign change won't happen for about another year, it's still significant. We'd then use returns to fine-tune timing...will it be this year or that year, etc.). Obviously not everyone born with their Sun at 28 Cancer is going to die when they're sixty-three, but in the context of other testimony (and perhaps also because Sun is Lord 10 in his chart, so tied in with Mercury, etc.)...

-Progressed Mars (Lord Asc) is conjunct natal Mercury (death).

-Progressed Venus applies to square natal Sun by antiscion. This is ominous. Take a look at Venus in the radix. Venus is exactly conjunct the South Node on fixed star Zosma (the back of the Lion...which will not be burdened..so, someone who could lash out if attempted to be tamed). In fall. (Interesting that it's ruled by Mercury exactly on the MC, which really paints a picture of the comedian-and-his-demons) Also, conjunct the 6th house cusp by antiscion, so highlighting the 6th/12th axis. THEN...you've got the Moon "Me" on North Node just applying to oppose Venus.

So it's not just "Venus" applying to square the Sun ("Me")...it's THIS Venus that is doing so. At the same time the Sun is losing major dignity. When Lord Asc ("Me") is coming into contact with death.

Very powerful testimony.

I was struck by some of the comments Robin made re: his struggle with addiction..for example: "You know, I was shameful, and you do stuff that causes disgust, and that's hard to recover from. You can say, 'I forgive you' and all that stuff, but it's not the same as recovering from it. It's not coming back." (http://www.theguardian.com/film/2010/sep/20/robin-williams-worlds-greatest-dad-alcohol-drugs)

I wonder what he means by that...surely self-undoing afoot. That Venus is on Zosma makes me think that he would viciously lash out at those who tried to help him (not an atypical symptom of an addict). And then he'd feel awful about it. Given Venus' action in the progressions, it'd make sense if this kind of thing was going on (and perhaps it's this kind of thing precipitated the event yesterday). Not saying this was the case necessarily, just that it's congruent.

What a sad, sad day.