Out of my league :)

Summery Joy

Hey you guys,

Earlier today I drew up an horary and discovered that I do not know where to begin to answer it. Here's some background:

I was driving my car along a main road here in Cairo called Corniche El-Nil. It stretches along the east bank of the River Nile and is as long as all of Cairo really. It's quite a busy road.

I was driving home from work and it was already dark. Suddenly, the lights in the road went out and I smelled something burn. First I though maybe I was driving with my hand-breaks up again (yeah I do that!!), but instantly I noticed that the smell and lights going out happened at the same time. The lights were out for a few more hundred meters then I came to another part of the road where the lights were still on. The whole thing took around 30 seconds, so I asked this question:

"what happened to the street lights?". 18:59 GMT +2, Cairo, Egypt. Note that only some of the light in street went out but the building lights stayed on.

Now I have no idea what the significators would be. I, of course, I'm represented by the ruled of the ASC. But what would represent the street and its lights? And the burning smell was strange too.

I've just realized that this is the first horary that I draw up that is NOT a yes or no question. Maybe that's why it's that difficult for me to answer. The answer to this question is not as important to me as the technique that should be used. Any insights?

pwadm

Staff member
Most likely the street lights burned out... :)

Here's how I see this chart:

We see the lights in this chart (=the luminators, the Sun and the Moon) in CADENT houses, where they have little power to express themselves, therefore they cannot illuminate...

Your question was about street lights. Streets, as places of transportation, belong to the 3rd house, ruled by Venus. The Moon separates from a square with Venus, that indicates a nasty event happening to the street lights.

Venus is retrograde & peregrine, showing the street lights in a weak situation. Venus is also "under Sun's beams" (being closer than 17.5 degrees from it) and also is in Mars' exaltation, term and face. This explains pretty well some heat excess leading to their burning out.

The Moon is also in the so-called Via Combusta, "the burned way" (15 Libra - 15 Scorpio), which is self explanatory.

Summery Joy

Hey Radu,

Yeah, I do realize that they burnt out :D. I sort of wanted to know what exactly happened, like a problem with excess electricty or something. :shock:

Your technique is interesting. I never thought of using the luminaries to signify the lights. Using them the way you did, the chart is amazingly descriptive of the event. WOW.

Maybe you should add an article giving tips on how to answer horaries that are not yes-or-no questions.

Thanks, everhelpful Radu xo