Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Humor

Humor Need a laugh? You'll be sure to find one here!

Unread 09-24-2009, 03:10 PM

what is the best moon sign (with sun sign pairing)

----------------

Last edited by ImNotThere9; 02-23-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Unread 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM

Re: what is the best moon sign (with sun sign pairing)

...Well, of course it's in & in...

...but on a serious note my fav. book on this subject is the OLD, tried and true, "Heaven Knows What" by Grant Lewi...It has a definition for all 144 combos and has held up pretty well in the field of astro-psycho analysis over the years...I mean Lewi obviously knew his s***.
Unread 09-24-2009, 06:15 PM

I'm not sure cause every combination is good in it's own way but with that being said, if opposite elements can learn to cope with each other I think those combinations would be best. For example, a Leo with a moon in Capricorn or a Libra with a moon in Cancer. These would be the hardest combos to be of course but I think when the native is evolved, (s)he has the highest potential.
Unread 09-24-2009, 06:45 PM

----------------

Unread 09-26-2009, 10:32 PM

Okay well in that case, I don't think Scorpios are very good moon signs to have...

Strong moon signs I've noticed in people: Taurus, Libra, Aquarius and Leo

Weak moon signs: Scorpio, Gemini, Pisces

These are all just personal experiences of course but that's what I've noticed.
Unread 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM

----------

Unread 10-02-2009, 07:45 PM

Red face Re: what is the best moon sign (with sun sign pairing)

Well, just to answer the thread based on my personal experience so no offense to anyone out there with these placements...

Moon in Scorpio is a difficult placement. They tend to be a little jealous and secretive. Also, grudge holders.

I find Libra and Pisces’ Moon people to be the most indecisive and changeable of all the Moon placements.

Virgo Moons tend to be pretty critical of people.

Cancer Moons (my placement) tend to be overly sensitive and easily hurt. We are also pretty moody.

Again, this is just my personal experience as much has to do with the complete make-up of ones chart. This is just general traits that I have personally seen that come out pretty consistently regardless of what aspects the Moon makes.

I think Sun Moon combos of say Aquarious Sun and Piscies Moon, or Capricorn Sun and Cancer Moon can be difficult because you are combing sort of non emotional Suns with emotional Moons so there can be a polarity there with one fighting with the other. On the other hand, one does have the ability to tap into both sides which can be good. I think generally, compatible elements work best with Sun and Moon. Sun Moon conjunct in the same sign in my experience can make one a bit self asborded, at least the people I know with this placement. Again, the sign placement can alter this a bit.

Is there really the best combo? At the end of the day there is negative sides to all the placements, but if one has evolved as a person the best traits of all the signs are present.
Vista

Last edited by Vista; 10-02-2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: adding a comment
Unread 10-02-2009, 09:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to franklin taylor Send a message via Yahoo to franklin taylor

Well supposedly the most favorable placements for the Sun and Moon are where they are Exalted or at Home. Aries Sun/ Taurus Moon Leo Sun/Cancer Moon this is where they are supposed to be able to be expressed with the greatest of ease thus shining each of their qualities best. Myself being Leo Sun/Cancer Moon, I could not be an exemplery one because they are both at the core of the only major planetary squares (Sun square Neptune, Moon Square Saturn, and a 7th house placement of the Sun) in the chart I have. Which means major problems/opportunities which are difficult to reconcile and use.
Take care,
Franklin
Your Natal Chart is a fated foundation in which, by and large, the house (called your life) you build upon it is strictly up to you. Fate and freewill. Do the best with what you have been given. "That which we do not confront in ourselves we will meet as fate"...Carl Jung
Unread 11-05-2009, 01:56 AM

I've read that Taurus is good for a moon sign because it has that earthy security, so the person tends to have a very stable and steady emotional state (not bouncing from one extreme emotion to another). As a Taurus moon myself, I can testify to that

I've heard that Scorpio is one of the most difficult moon signs because Scorpio is such an emotionally intense sign, so there can be powerful feelings that might be hard to cope with. I think all the water signs might make challenging moon signs, because of their emotional sensitivity.

I have several friends with Aquarius moons, and from what they tell me and what I've noticed, this can be an awkward moon sign to have because they tend to have conflicts where they know they are supposed to feel a certain way about a situation, but instead they feel ambivalent or unsympathetic. I suppose one example is not feeling sad at a funeral, which is an extreme example, but one of my Aquarius moon friends has confessed that to me before. I think this makes sense for Aquarius though, because its a rebellion against what society says we're supposed to "feel".
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:57 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nexus7

Quote:
I have several friends with Aquarius moons, and from what they tell me and what I've noticed, this can be an awkward moon sign to have because they tend to have conflicts where they know they are supposed to feel a certain way about a situation, but instead they feel ambivalent or unsympathetic. I suppose one example is not feeling sad at a funeral, which is an extreme example, but one of my Aquarius moon friends has confessed that to me before.
There is a whole story written about what happens to the main character, because he refuses to act in the way he is 'supposed' to act, when his mother dies - he appears to see this as a huge hypocrisy. One event leads to another and he ends up being executed, because he did not weep copiously at his mother's funeral.

The story was penned by Albert Camus - Scorpio Sun, Virgo Rising - and Aquarius Moon and the title of the story is The Outsider.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nexus7 For This Useful Post:
Flapjacks (06-18-2014)
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:35 PM

Interesting how people view strength and weakness in the elements.

Moon in Pisces of course I'm biased! I see the strength in being able to empathise and having compassion and healing abilities, and blend in so well in everything around - not to mention being able to emotionally travel to another world. Weakness - soft touch, gullible, escapism and not so keen on dealing with the mundane boring stuff.

Ah the Sun, Capricorn Sun helps ground the watery Moon, and get on with the boring mundane stuff, paying the bills ect. Perhaps even a fixed earth Sun would help a mutable water Moon, give it some stability. The cardinal Cappy Sun does give it drive and earth helps to ground.

I wouldn't swap it for anything.

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif

Last edited by Neptune Rising; 11-11-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Unread 11-12-2009, 07:06 AM

Nexus7 -- the Outsider/ The Stranger -- I love that book
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:24 AM

I am especially fond of lunar Leos - for unless the rest of the chart is bad, these are some of the most sincere and generous people you will ever meet.
Unread 11-14-2009, 05:00 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
!

i love my combination. no complaints!!!
Unread 11-14-2009, 05:41 PM

Hey Vista

i disagree with Moon in scorpio being "jelous" ... pretty much eveyrone has a jelousy streak just check out Jerry Springer show .. j/k .. for me jelousy is a waste of energy.
BUt grudges and secretiveness ohh yeah ... but then scorpio sun has that too .. so i dont know where moon and sun separate on this issue... long live Moon in scorpio!

i would have a problem dealing iwht overemotional Cancer Moon,,, i do have to be very sensitive to pisces and cappy moons.. they are very sensitive creatures...
moon in taurus.. grrrr never dealt with one..

Cheers
Unread 11-17-2009, 08:08 PM

The most thoughtful,caring,honest,humble,balanced people I have ever met are two girls,one with Sun in Aries and Moon in Taurus(so both luminaries exalted),and the other one with Sun in Leo and Moon in Cancer(luminaries dignified).I cannot put in words my admiration and affection for these two pairs.

Gemini Sun with a water Moon is a very,very weird one...don't mean to offend anyone but all the three people with this combination I've known(three Geminis,one with a Cancer Moon,other with a Scorp Moon,and the other one with a Pisces Moon)are big time liars.The good thing about these combinations is that they are sensitive,curious and smart.
Unread 11-17-2009, 08:11 PM

As for me,I think my Sun in Pisces/Moon in Aries combination works quite well.I am one moody little creature but I am quite good in the self-awareness department and usually able to put things in perspective and laugh at myself,most people appreciate that in me.Though most also agree I'm very complicated...
Unread 01-22-2010, 12:12 AM

haha yeaah i have a scorpio moon i keep grudges
Unread 01-24-2010, 01:19 AM

My cap sun and taurus moon I have heard is very driven. I have the coffie table book of astrology and it has interpritations for all of the combos, so apparently I have a persistent mind, much firmness and self-control, a desire to elevate and improve others. This is the most practical of the combinations, giving the native the ability to aquire wealth and do good with it.

Interestingly enough my suns ruler squares my moons ruler (saturn in scorp square venus in aqua), Im sure I still have worldly possessions, wealth and have a good disposition for and actually have a good family life, so im still good.

Last edited by JayM; 01-24-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Unread 01-24-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercethevale View Post
...Well, of course it's in & in...

...but on a serious note my fav. book on this subject is the OLD, tried and true, "Heaven Knows What" by Grant Lewi...It has a definition for all 144 combos and has held up pretty well in the field of astro-psycho analysis over the years...I mean Lewi obviously knew his s***.
I have that book and agree totally.
Unread 01-24-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
The most thoughtful,caring,honest,humble,balanced people I have ever met are two girls,one with Sun in Aries and Moon in Taurus(so both luminaries exalted),and the other one with Sun in Leo and Moon in Cancer(luminaries dignified).I cannot put in words my admiration and affection for these two pairs.

Gemini Sun with a water Moon is a very,very weird one...don't mean to offend anyone but all the three people with this combination I've known(three Geminis,one with a Cancer Moon,other with a Scorp Moon,and the other one with a Pisces Moon)are big time liars.The good thing about these combinations is that they are sensitive,curious and smart.
Hey! Would you love me too. I have Sun in Leo and Moon in Taurus, a wide square and I tend not to use it. ha!!! As they are fixed I tend to be quite strong albeit stubborn and stable but am not the player or the ambitious materialistic that this combination often suggests. Other planets come into play with that of course.
Unread 01-24-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Rising View Post
Interesting how people view strength and weakness in the elements.

Moon in Pisces of course I'm biased! I see the strength in being able to empathise and having compassion and healing abilities, and blend in so well in everything around - not to mention being able to emotionally travel to another world. Weakness - soft touch, gullible, escapism and not so keen on dealing with the mundane boring stuff.

Ah the Sun, Capricorn Sun helps ground the watery Moon, and get on with the boring mundane stuff, paying the bills ect. Perhaps even a fixed earth Sun would help a mutable water Moon, give it some stability. The cardinal Cappy Sun does give it drive and earth helps to ground.

I wouldn't swap it for anything.
Well the Sun and Moon are in sextile probably so your yin and yang energies are basically in harmony.
Unread 01-24-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Well, just to answer the thread based on my personal experience so no offense to anyone out there with these placements...

Moon in Scorpio is a difficult placement. They tend to be a little jealous and secretive. Also, grudge holders.

I find Libra and Pisces’ Moon people to be the most indecisive and changeable of all the Moon placements.

Virgo Moons tend to be pretty critical of people.

Cancer Moons (my placement) tend to be overly sensitive and easily hurt. We are also pretty moody.

Again, this is just my personal experience as much has to do with the complete make-up of ones chart. This is just general traits that I have personally seen that come out pretty consistently regardless of what aspects the Moon makes.

I think Sun Moon combos of say Aquarious Sun and Piscies Moon, or Capricorn Sun and Cancer Moon can be difficult because you are combing sort of non emotional Suns with emotional Moons so there can be a polarity there with one fighting with the other. On the other hand, one does have the ability to tap into both sides which can be good. I think generally, compatible elements work best with Sun and Moon. Sun Moon conjunct in the same sign in my experience can make one a bit self asborded, at least the people I know with this placement. Again, the sign placement can alter this a bit.

Is there really the best combo? At the end of the day there is negative sides to all the placements, but if one has evolved as a person the best traits of all the signs are present.
Vista
Yes I agree that Moon in Scorpio is a difficult placement but it can lead to great healing abilities if handled right. Cancer moon is also super sensitive and defensive often but can have great psychic powers and tenderness.
Sun Moon conjunction gives a basically self reliant person as their yin and yang are in harmony and dont always need another person to give them that balance. It is the squares that give us the opportunity to grow and progress because of the conflicted nature that must be addressed and adjusted to if not overcome.
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:09 AM

my sun is leo and my moon in scorpio and i think its a pretty damneed good pair
Unread 01-24-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo. View Post
my sun is leo and my moon in scorpio and i think its a pretty damneed good pair

Very interesting

sun is in rulership
while moon is in fall!

STUBBORN!!!!!! thumbs up