animated astrology freeware?

noraleader

Banned
hi, asked for this in my intro post, guess people didn't read it.

i'd like to see a function that animates the rotation of the planets, as i think this would help visualise.. well, obviously.. temporality in the context of aspects and rotation. so people can stop punching the pageviews each day like a pavlovian hamster and attain some perspective.

for astrology.

and hopefully free.

otherwise i'll have to code one.

can anyone stop me before i code again? :rightful:

i know there's always someone(s) out there who thinks, oh no, an empowered, capable and non-desparate public, there goes my clientele. i guess i don't have anything to gain by really mentioning that, but it'd be fun if maybe this time, some onlookers would observe and appreciate the process :D

i thought.. astrology.. hey, maybe that would be different.. but haha obviously, this field, as any others pertinent to semantics, memetics, what people think and believe, is pretty much locked down by cryptos, so as usual, i'll start out miserable, and we'll go from there :)

animated software? anyone??

JUPITERASC

hi, asked for this in my intro post, guess people didn't read it.

i'd like to see a function that animates the rotation of the planets, as i think this would help visualise.. well, obviously.. temporality in the context of aspects and rotation. so people can stop punching the pageviews each day like a pavlovian hamster and attain some perspective.

for astrology.

and hopefully free.

otherwise i'll have to code one.

can anyone stop me before i code again? :rightful:

i know there's always someone(s) out there who thinks, oh no, an empowered, capable and non-desparate public, there goes my clientele. i guess i don't have anything to gain by really mentioning that, but it'd be fun if maybe this time, some onlookers would observe and appreciate the process :D

i thought.. astrology.. hey, maybe that would be different.. but haha obviously, this field, as any others pertinent to semantics, memetics, what people think and believe, is pretty much locked down by cryptos, so as usual, i'll start out miserable, and we'll go from there :)

animated software? anyone??
SOLAR FIRE has a function that animates the planets :smile:
However
my copy of Solar Fire was expensive and I no longer use it
instead I prefer Rumen Kolevs software - it's not cheap either
but has detailed info on Ancient Babylonian Astrological Techniques
http://www.babylonianastrology.com/...&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

noraleader

Banned
thank you and bugger. thread's open tho i anticipate you're abreast of such things.

deep breath. given this premise, the next question is as follows:

i'm only aware of the rudiments of astrology; contemporary, and western at that. at the present time, my build conception only entails being able to juxtapose natal with a given time, and watch it spin.. animation would allow a user to "scan" for anything that looked interesting to them.

obviously, this perspective suits someone unused to thinking about such things, as i expect practiced astrology entails a greater consideration of future arrangements than i experience now.

given my production habits, i could certainly see spending a while to create a foundation encapsulating my desired functionality. and, given my habit, i'd probably wander off and engage other topics before expanding my knowledge of the practice. years go by, back again. and certainly - though i'm used to dsp and have touched on orbital considerations before (and am aware of preexisting frameworks fro these calculations) that it might take a bit of twiddling to establish basic functionality, it's complex -

*what sorts of considerations would you more advanced astrologers recommend implementing, or familiarising myself with, before being happy about a foundation???*

certainly, things can generally be moved around, but sometimes, it's nice to have concrete thoughts about some things from the beginning.. recommendations? i'm really just a "planets are here are one time, here at another" guy.. even midheaven, stars, are topics i haven't encountered much.. i know just a bit more than the stuff you would read in a newspaper horoscope column..

eg... cafeastrology.com uses a "scoring system" to rate and sum conjunctions for a given day, which is keen, computationally appealing, could be turned into a meaningful feature for relative nescients..

kind of surprised there's not a forum for people making astro software here, as this seems to be the biggest site.. (maybe there is in a sub forum and i haven't noticed it yet..)

(also.. win32, there go the mac people, 90% of you i anticipate ;) )

JUPITERASC

thank you and bugger. thread's open tho i anticipate you're abreast of such things.

deep breath. given this premise, the next question is as follows:

i'm only aware of the rudiments of astrology; contemporary, and western at that. at the present time, my build conception only entails being able to juxtapose natal with a given time, and watch it spin.. animation would allow a user to "scan" for anything that looked interesting to them.

obviously, this perspective suits someone unused to thinking about such things, as i expect practiced astrology entails a greater consideration of future arrangements than i experience now.

given my production habits, i could certainly see spending a while to create a foundation encapsulating my desired functionality. and, given my habit, i'd probably wander off and engage other topics before expanding my knowledge of the practice. years go by, back again. and certainly - though i'm used to dsp and have touched on orbital considerations before (and am aware of preexisting frameworks fro these calculations) that it might take a bit of twiddling to establish basic functionality, it's complex -

*what sorts of considerations would you more advanced astrologers recommend implementing, or familiarising myself with, before being happy about a foundation???*

certainly, things can generally be moved around, but sometimes, it's nice to have concrete thoughts about some things from the beginning.. recommendations? i'm really just a "planets are here are one time, here at another" guy.. even midheaven, stars, are topics i haven't encountered much.. i know just a bit more than the stuff you would read in a newspaper horoscope column..

eg... cafeastrology.com uses a "scoring system" to rate and sum conjunctions for a given day, which is keen, computationally appealing, could be turned into a meaningful feature for relative nescients..

kind of surprised there's not a forum for people making astro software here, as this seems to be the biggest site.. (maybe there is in a sub forum and i haven't noticed it yet..)

(also.. win32, there go the mac people, 90% of you i anticipate ;) )
HELP WITH FORUMS AND SUGGESTIONS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22
is the place to request creation of a forum for making astro software :smile:

Meanwhile HoldOrFold may appreciate some conversation on making astro software at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90149