Aspects for TALL people

JUPITERASC

Well of course not. Funny how time brings change. And aren't you glad it does.
Not that amusing...

Interesting that two thousand years ago Vettius Valens chronicled the use of those same Solar Returns so liked by many of today's astrologers - not only that, but Valens chronicled the works of astrologers who preceded him by three hundred years and more...

so much for 'change'

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

FURTHERMORE you imply that all change is necessarily good which of course is an inaccurate implication on your part

Now you are communicating with a computer, instead of smoke signals or drums.
And how fortunate:smile:

However - remember that BILLIONS of the 7 billion or so inhabitants of this planet have no access to computers and perhaps as a consequence are even now drumming or preparing fires... many are also of course tall people with varying astrological ascendants

greybeard

I implied no such thing.

And with your florid French, you imply that change is of no consequence.

I suppose that the changes in life forms, called evolution, are of no consequence, and you are la même chose as the large-brained sponge.:biggrin:

Isn't it ironic that the only constant in the universe is change? At the End of the Eons, will the universe return to its original form, unchanged by change? Will Vettius Valens still be chronicling and cutting cabbages equatorially? One thing is certain: JUPasc will still be trumpeting the virtues of a pure and changeless Hellenistic astrology, proud and unabashed.

Has it ever occurred to you that the folks who created Hellenistic astrology were the prophets of radical revolution, who turned conventional thinking on its head?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I implied no such thing.

And with your florid French, you imply that change is of no consequence.

I suppose that the changes in life forms, called evolution, are of no consequence, and you are la même chose as the large-brained sponge.:biggrin:

Isn't it ironic that the only constant in the universe is change? At the End of the Eons, will the universe return to its original form, unchanged by change? Will Vettius Valens still be chronicling and cutting cabbages equatorially? One thing is certain: JUPasc will still be trumpeting the virtues of a pure and changeless Hellenistic astrology, proud and unabashed.

Has it ever occurred to you that the folks who created Hellenistic astrology were the prophets of radical revolution, who turned conventional thinking on its head?
Conventions inevitably change.... everything is transient.... particularly conventional thinking :smile:

ImNotThere9

Well I've two exact aspects to my ascendent - Mercury in Pisces (conjunct MC exactly) trine Cancer rising and Uranus in Saggitarius (conjunct Saturn, 5*) inconjunct Cancer rising. Mercury and Uranus then square.

Mercury I've always gotten the impression shrinks or minaturises. Well I have some of the smallest ears someone could have - before it becomes medically alarming! I'm about 5 feet 9 which is a fraction short for my (Western) culture but I've never been called short before, average.

Uranus contact with the ASC I read in this thread is said to increase height, well not with me! :whistling:

Is it common superstition, or does the size of your ears adversely affect your balance?

You look much taller in your photos, not that I was scouting :whistling:

In my experience Uranus on the ascendant produces natives who are smaller in stature. This has been invariably the case, for me at least, so I've come to eschew the notion of it being otherwise. But how is it aspected?

Oh. I have your chart up now, and I see that I've misread. Uranus forms an aspect to your ascendant, and is not in fact sitting there. Nevertheless I'm going to leave the above as it stands bearing in mind that it might be of interest to others.

You also have the Moon in Virgo (not that you didn't know!) which I've always associated with slighter builds. Also, Aries natives are shorter more often than not.

Last time we measured my younger brother, we decided to measure my height also. At that time I was more than 5'11, but not quite 6'0. Perhaps in my shoes I am. What accounts for that I cannot say, as both my parents are quite short (my surmise would set them at 5'6 each). My Ascendant in Libra receives a trine from Uranus and is opposed by its ruler Venus, but it's highly speculative as to what might (plausibly) account for the few inches I managed to extort from myself. For a reason I can't quite recall, I think that the conjunction between Mars and Saturn may have something to say about it.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Is it common superstition, or does the size of your ears adversely affect your balance?

You look much taller in your photos, not that I was scouting :whistling:

In my experience Uranus on the ascendant produces natives who are smaller in stature. This has been invariably the case, for me at least, so I've come to eschew the notion of it being otherwise. But how is it aspected?

Oh. I have your chart up now, and I see that I've misread. Uranus forms an aspect to your aspect, and is not in fact sitting there. Nevertheless I'm going to leave the above as it stands bearing in mind that it might be of interest to others.

You also have the Moon in Virgo (not that you didn't know!) which I've always associated with slighter builds. Also, Aries natives are shorter more often than not.

Last time we measured my younger brother, we decided to measure my height also. At that time I was more than 5'11, but not quite 6'0. Perhaps in my shoes I am. What accounts for that I cannot say, as both my parents are quite short (my surmise would set them at 5'6 each). My Ascendant in Libra receives a trine from Uranus and is opposed by its ruler Venus, but it's highly speculative as to what might (plausibly) account for the few inches I managed to extort from myself. For a reason I can't quite recall, I think that the conjunction between Mars and Saturn may have something to say about it.

Hey!

1. Balance is good, even excellent at the best of times. I love running and sprinting, of all sports, anything that allows me to put sturdy legs to use is interesting, so balance must be a part of that.

2.I hope you're watching downton abbey!

3. I don't know if it's the Virgo Moon or the heavy fire emphasis, but I've always been razer thin, where not thin - then muscled.

4. You're taller than me! I'm only 5.7 (male in a Western culture) so perhaps I've made the best of appearance if I appear taller. :biggrin:

5. The extra height you have despite your parents isn't unusual to me. I don't know a lot about it, but I know that genes can carry lots of details which could come to the fore in any generation, even prevailing against the rest of the family. I remember some poor guys in school that had very different hair to the rest of their family, they suffered mean jokes about their mother's activities...But yep, the genes can carry these details hidden for numerous generations.

ImNotThere9

Hello Jove. I was wondering what might point to it in the context of astrological inquiry rather than the genetics of the thing, although I did broach that also.

Yes, perhaps you have. Much of it has to do with our diet also, and the foods to which we are habitually inclined can often have a surprisingly determining role in the genetic expression of height, and obviously weight (Chase a hobbit for the purpose of gleaning further knowledge).

Last edited:

SvetlanaIce

Pisces Rising and my ruling planet is in Sag..
I also have Uranus trining my asc.

I am a 6'3" female.. Tall yes, very! :joyful:

I am taller then both parents and all family members. The women in my family are mostly tall, at around 5'8/5'10.

poyi

Premium Member
I would Guess to determine the height of a person mostly related to the followings:

1) Essential and accidental dignity of the Ascendant's ruler
2) Aspects related to ascendant or the ascendant's ruler
3) Planet/s in the 1st house
4) May also consider to study medical astrology in case of disorder/disease/accident/surgery that might alter the natural height
5) A person might be tall in his/her generation, might now be considered to be short in modern generation, should also consider the conception of height in various cultures and generations.

I think Sun (spine and general vitality), Leo (Spine, upper back-a weak spine, the person wont be standing up right), Mercury, Gemini/Virgo (shoulder, arms, hands), Jupiter (growth ability, expansion), Sagittarius (hips, thighs), Uranus (unusual features), Aquarius (lower legs, calves, ankles), Saturn (Restriction), Capricorn (Bone, knee and joints), Moon nodes: NN would suggest expansion like Jupiter, and SN would be like Saturn. It could be more than above.

But when a planet is dignified there is something beautiful about it. All the beautiful people have dignified planets in their charts. You can examine the celebrity, except the one had plastic surgeries....I think the chart will tell to.

You can also have surgery to extend body height, the operation is done at the Capricorn region, knee or Aquarius area the ankles.

http://elearning.zaou.ac.zm:8060/Beliefs/Astrology/Medical Rosacrucian astrology.pdf

In the Chinese system is how well the chart's owner element rather it being naturally strong (in element's own season), or strengthen due to support by other elements (supportive season) or naturally weak (ex. water element in summer time) or due to afflict by other harmful elements to further weaken it (ex water element in earth season restricted). There are formula you can calculate the height of your spouse also based on the same principles.

victoriaemerald

Vedics say that 20 degrees Virgo is the Tall Degree. I have Mars at 20 Degrees Virgo in the 1st House, I am 5'8" tall, and Mars in my chart shows my Father who is 6'4" tall.

byjove

Account Closed
Vedics say that 20 degrees Virgo is the Tall Degree. I have Mars at 20 Degrees Virgo in the 1st House, I am 5'8" tall, and Mars in my chart shows my Father who is 6'4" tall.

Hmm and do you consider yourself tall? I suppose it depends on culture and gender amongst other things. That height would be about average for males in my culture and would be tall for a woman.

Victoria

Well, I'm very tall for a girl, or, atleast thats what I've been told my whole life. Was always very skinny, but always taller than most of the boys until we got to about 15-ish? Outgrew my mum when I was 12, she's about 5'5. And my dad is my height. No other woman in my whole family is near my height. My aunt on my dads side is around 173, and that is the closest.

I'm 178, or 5'10.

My asc is late virgo, going into libra, so my planets in 1st are in libra.
1st house planets are venus and mercury.
sun is in virgo.
asc square uranus.
my NN is also in aquarius in the 5th house, which also makes an aspect to ascendant.

I dont really know what would rule height.
And I cant really say which sign I look like, but my leo moon in 11th certainty affects my hair, which is ALWAYS refered to as 'messy lion hair' by my non astrological friends.

Interesting thread, keep at it :)

Last edited:

Claire19

In my experience Mercury in the 1st is indicative of being one of the tallest people in the family. A lot depends on hereditary of course. The aspects to that will give a fuller picture. Having Virgo which is for now ruled by Mercury, as your rising sign would add to that. Being rather nervous can keep you slim as well!!! I hope you dont smoke. :smile:

astro11

I haven't noticed any reliable pattern for aspects to the ascendant showing the tendency to be tall. If someone is really interested in this, they should do a study on ascendant aspects of tall people (professional basketball players, avg height 6' 7) to see if there may be patterns.

ashriia

is it true that where the ruler of the ascendant is placed shows hereditary factors? someone in an eariler post for this thread mentioned something along that line.

is this something well known?

to keep on the topic of this thread. I'm tall. 5'8 - late gemini asc conjunct moon. mercury in aries. parents sun signs are both ruled by mars + pluto.

JUPITERASC

to keep on the topic of this thread. I'm tall. 5'8 - late gemini asc conjunct moon. mercury in aries. parents sun signs are both ruled by mars + pluto.
Nationalities and/or members belonging to certain countries are known to be genetically shorter/taller than members belonging to other nationalities/countries SO remember that 'tallness' is always relative and therefore it is simple common sense to consider always whether the person in question is taller than average for their particular family/national group :smile: