Not "getting" something fundamental

emotionality

I'm going to try to explain this succinctly but no promises :p Ok , say your looking at a synastry chart ( the inside/outside kind ).How do you tell what the angles are? Do you see them by eye? Do I have to take it into photoshop and draw the lines myself ? I'm very much confused because the chart I am looking at I can see an opposition (mars/mars)by eye ( i think lol )and I can see that a few planets are close to each other but I can't tell if they are sextile or conjuct or ..anything.I have a hard time "seeing" angles in a natal chart it's helpful for me to have a listing of aspects but as far as I can see in the synastry chart there is no such thing.Perhaps I am not looking in the right places or I am over complicating it.Any help would be greatly appreciated because working out the synastry between the charts in question is very important to me.:D

Kingsley

In time a good astrologer can do the math in their heads with respect to distance between signs and aspect degrees. Otherwise there should be a aspect grid in the program you are viewing.

kingsley