A True Waking Nightmare: Transiting Saturn Square Natal Venus During Saturn Return

Cypocryphy

This looks like a real multidimensional nightmare; the blackest, stormiest clouds you've ever seen, descending on life and relationships. The SaturnS are in Sagittarius and Venus in Pisces, the former in the sixth house and the latter in the ninth house. Saturn rules the seventh house and Venus rules the fourth and the twelfth.

But in general, what has been your experience with transiting :saturn: :square: natal :venus:?

Have you had any positive experiences?

JUPITERASC

This looks like a real multidimensional nightmare;
the blackest, stormiest clouds you've ever seen, descending on life and relationships.
The SaturnS are in Sagittarius and Venus in Pisces, the former in the sixth house and the latter in the ninth house.
Saturn rules the seventh house and Venus rules the fourth and the twelfth.
Viewing a natal chart illustrative of this issue would be useful :smile:

But in general, what has been your experience with transiting :saturn: :square: natal :venus:?

Each individual native experiences these particular transits differently
dependent on the sign and house location
of transiting planets
relative to natal planets
so generalisation although fun is not reliable

Cypocryphy

Ty JA. HOWEVER, I'm looking for general personal accounts of transiting :saturn: :square: natal :venus: Appreciate your input but have to say that what you said is obvious. Just looking for personal stories (anecdotes), which might include a chart if they wish. :smile:

Ps: because if I post a chart it'll be moved to (maybe) read my chart section and I want to avoid that.

Viewing a natal chart illustrative of this issue would be useful :smile:

Each individual native experiences these particular transits differently
dependent on the sign and house location
of transiting planets
relative to natal planets
so generalisation although fun is not reliable

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
This looks like a real multidimensional nightmare; the blackest, stormiest clouds you've ever seen, descending on life and relationships. The SaturnS are in Sagittarius and Venus in Pisces, the former in the sixth house and the latter in the ninth house. Saturn rules the seventh house and Venus rules the fourth and the twelfth.

really? sooo much drama for a saturn square to venus transit? :whistling:

saturn squares venus many many many times in life.

it simply means the things you want but don't work for - the lazy you - the one who thinks s/he deserves more than s/he's getting....etc. comes to a sticking point.

not anything near a true walking nightmare unless you are one who likes dreams of getting everything without working for any of them.

Cypocryphy

Well, yes . . . so much drama, indeed. If you take into account that it is occurring simultaneously with the first Saturn return and said return will be crossing over the horizon axis several times, then I would indeed say sooo much drama. :wink:

Yeah. You are correct.

it simply means the things you want but don't work for - the lazy you - the one who thinks s/he deserves more than s/he's getting....etc. comes to a sticking point.

not anything near a true walking nightmare unless you are one who likes dreams of getting everything without working for any of them.

How have you experienced Saturn square Venus in your life? What happened to you? Do you recall?

I do think that if things are not firmly tethered that they tend to fly away at this point in time, for sure. If no energy is expended in keeping things together with friends and intimates, then they tend to walk away, at least for a while.

Anyway, just curious to how you (or anyone else) has dealt with this. There are a lot of threads on this, but I'd like to add to the pool of knowledge with personal accounts. :smile:

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
well....

it sounds like you're a staunch saturn phobe and since i'm not - i'll let others tell you how saturn square venus comes back again and again - like a bad VD in one's life when one doesn't truly understand the meaning and purpose of Saturn.

that being said - fair the well - but don't blame Saturn for the nightmares of your own indecision or bad decisions. He just likes to remind you of them every couple of good years.

;)

Cypocryphy

So, on second thought, I think I will take JA's recommendation and run the risk of this thread being moved; however, as JA stated, this is just to be illustrative and not to have a chart interpretation, per se.

Anyway, as you can see, beginning in, oh, perhaps mid December, the first conjunction of Saturn occurs, then shortly thereafter, it perfects with Venus, which happens to be conjoined with Chiron. So there you have that little bit of added heaviness :wink:.

The lucky factor here, for the native, is that Saturn will only be crossing the horizon axis once as it will have, at that time, completed its retrograde motion. Nothing, in my opinion, is worse than having Saturn going back and forth across the horizon axis, especially by conjunction to the ascendant—but that's another story.

Anyway, I think this is going to be a gloomy time for the native.

Attachments

• astro_245at_18_anonymous_2016718.58950.16316.jpg
    astro_245at_18_anonymous_2016718.58950.16316.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 38

Cypocryphy

well....

it sounds like you're a staunch saturn phobe and since i'm not - i'll let others tell you how saturn square venus comes back again and again - like a bad VD in one's life when one doesn't truly understand the meaning and purpose of Saturn.

that being said - fair the well - but don't blame Saturn for the nightmares of your own indecision or bad decisions. He just likes to remind you of them every couple of good years.

;)

Thanks for bringing the attitude. Let's not pollute the thread with negativity, please :smile:

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
:crying:

you don't know saturn. you ask about saturn. you cry about saturn. you are young. you choose to insult rather than acknowledge hard truths.

you are more saturnian than you know - and you deserve every ounce of saturn that you ask about.

petulant little ****.

do some reading, do some living - ask why a saturn square to venus is nightmarish and then wonder....

there is no DRAMA with saturn - just cold hard facts.

don't ask questions you don't want answers to, son.

Cypocryphy

:crying:

you don't know saturn. you ask about saturn. you cry about saturn. you are young. you choose to insult rather than acknowledge hard truths.

you are more saturnian than you know - and you deserve every ounce of saturn that you ask about.

petulant little ****.

do some reading, do some living - ask why a saturn square to venus is nightmarish and then wonder....

there is no DRAMA with saturn - just cold hard facts.

don't ask questions you don't want answers to, son.

??? :confused:

Osamenor

Staff member
How have you experienced Saturn square Venus in your life? What happened to you? Do you recall?
I have Saturn square my natal Venus right now. I don't know what the Venus/Saturn theme in my life might be. I've given more thought to Saturn being conjunct my moon and Neptune (moon/Neptune squares Venus/Mercury in my natal chart). I'm also experiencing the once in a lifetime Neptune square to its natal position right now, which means Neptune is in opposition to natal Venus. So, with all of these transits taken together, plus all the other transits to other natal planets, I can't very well say what's Saturn and what's Neptune and what's something else.

If you have Saturn square Venus right now, you also have Neptune either transiting or opposing your Venus. If your Venus is in Pisces, it's being transited by its ruler, so I would think the Pisces-ness of your Venus is being magnified.

If it's in Virgo, it's being opposed by its direct opposite, although Venus naturally vibes better with Neptune than with Virgo... so maybe there's some anti-itself energy going on? A challenge from Neptune, which encourages dissolution of boundaries and not being bogged down in detail, to a Venus that tends to relate by tending to the little details. At the same time, whether your Venus is in Virgo or Pisces, it's receiving a challenge from the boundary-and-commitment-oriented Saturn, which is losing some of its constrictiveness by being in magnifying Sagittarius.

I do think that if things are not firmly tethered that they tend to fly away at this point in time, for sure. If no energy is expended in keeping things together with friends and intimates, then they tend to walk away, at least for a while.
Is that a Saturn thing, or a Neptune thing? Things flying away, or dissolving, sounds very Neptune to me.

Anyway, just curious to how you (or anyone else) has dealt with this. There are a lot of threads on this, but I'd like to add to the pool of knowledge with personal accounts. :smile:
My way of relating to friends is to drop in and out of touch repeatedly over the years. Always has been. My longterm friends are all people who handle this the same way. With the people who are in my life day to day, it's more of a comfortable and consistent relating. I don't see Saturn square Venus changing this any.

Last time Saturn squared my Venus, I was at the beginning of what would be a ten year relationship, deeply committed. I don't think that wrecked it any.

Who doesn't like dreams of getting everything without working for it? I certainly do! That doesn't mean I think those dreams are a real possibility.

One thing I can see in the current Saturn square: I'm currently studying herbalism, in an intensive program, in the hopes of making that my new career. I have the MC in Libra, making Venus its ruler, and Venus in Virgo, which would give it some earthy/practical and health/healing implications. Saturn square could indicate a challenge to work at it and build my skills, and a warning that I'm nowhere near ready to start yet. Saturn, incidentally, is transiting the cusp of my twelfth house, and has been for months because of its retrograde. Venus is in the eighth/whole sign ninth. Saturn also rules my AC, which loosely trines Venus (and tightly trines Mercury).

I'm inclined to interpret the twelfth house transit, in the sign associated with education and experience, as building up my practice behind the scenes. Maybe I'll be ready to take it out into the world when Saturn reaches my AC in early 2018.

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks for bringing the attitude. Let's not pollute the thread with negativity, please :smile:

Kitchy, my friend, this was an authentic thank you.
I think you may have misunderstood it? Hence OP's ?/confusion in a subsequent post.

And OP is pretty thoughtful and sophisticated in my experience.

Best to all of you.

Osamenor

Staff member
Cypcryphy, I just saw your chart after I posted. Saturn is square Venus in your natal chart. That gives the transit a whole other meaning. You don't have Saturn squaring your Venus yet, you'll have it applying square to Venus when your Saturn return perfects. Saturn return is the big astrological event here, and it's still more than a year away.

When an aspect exists in your natal chart, it gets activated repeatedly throughout your life, whenever transits and progressions hit it. The more repeats of the square's theme there are at the same time, the more strongly you feel it.

If you have a transit to your Venus and/or Saturn at the same time that your progressed Venus conjuncts transiting Saturn, or forms an aspect with transiting or natal Saturn, or enters a sign ruled by Saturn, and if there was an echo of that theme in your most recent solar return, there will probably be some very strong Venus/Saturn thing going on in your life. If it's just a transit without any echoes of that theme in progressions or solar return, the theme will only show up in a very small way, which you might not even notice.

Kitchy

Banned
Kitchy, my friend, this was an authentic thank you.
I think you may have misunderstood it? Hence OP's ?/confusion in a subsequent post.

And OP is pretty thoughtful and sophisticated in my experience.

Best to all of you.

Ilene -

I didn't get that and still don't -

Tell me when drama is caused by Saturn in any chart, to any planet?

tick tock tick tock tick tock.

Okay - BZZZZZZZ

Time is up!

Answer: when folks don't listen to him 4 months earlier, maybe more...

never was a fan of cryptograms....

:andy:

Cypocryphy

Just want to say something here. I agreed with Kitchy here because I was practicing "appeasement," as I did not want to allow this thread to devolve with negativity, especially for no reason.

However, to make it clear for everyone else, Kitchy is wrong and seems to not know what she's talking about. Saturn, in a typical person's lifetime (e.g., 87 years of age), will form six squares to a particular planet (not including its subsequent contacts through retrograde motion).

That is not, by any means, many many times. I just wanted to make that clear for others.

Cypocryphy

Osamenor!!! What a fantastic post!! :smile: I am going to reply to you as soon as I can finish up with work. I have a LOT of questions for you, but please don't worry; I'm not going to bombard you all at once and there's no obligation to reply. :lol:

Thank you everyone else, too. I have a lot to say but need to finish a really important project at the moment.

katydid

Ilene -

I didn't get that and still don't -

Tell me when drama is caused by Saturn in any chart, to any planet?

tick tock tick tock tick tock.

Okay - BZZZZZZZ

Time is up!

Answer: when folks don't listen to him 4 months earlier, maybe more...

never was a fan of cryptograms....

:andy:

Saturn causes drama quite often. My friend just had Saturn opposing their Sun/Mercury in Gemini in their 10th.

Their boss was fired, and the new one, a rude man, was a nightmare. The new boss [saturn] tried to bring in all of their own people and had to clear the office of the older employees first. To do so, he began 'setting them up' for failure. Setting weird quotas and sales figures that were unattainable. Giving them projects with no time to do them successfully and small budgets so it was not feasible. It was high drama for all involved. :pinched:

JUPITERASC

Just want to say something here.
I agreed with Kitchy here because I was practicing "appeasement,"
as I did not want to allow this thread to devolve with negativity, especially for no reason.

However, to make it clear for everyone else,
Kitchy is wrong and seems to not know what she's talking about.
Saturn, in a typical person's lifetime (e.g., 87 years of age),
will form six squares to a particular planet (not including its subsequent contacts through retrograde motion).

That is not, by any means, many many times.
I just wanted to make that clear for others.
however to be fair to Kitchey lets read the entire comment for clarity :smile:

it simply means the things you want but don't work for
- the lazy you - the one who thinks s/he deserves more than s/he's getting....etc.
comes to a sticking point.

not anything near a true walking nightmare
unless you are one who likes dreams of getting everything without working for any of them.
Saturn takes thirty years to complete one orbit of the Sun
whereas Venus orbits the Sun every 225 days approximately :smile:
so clearly Venus and Saturn ARE in square aspect many many many times in life
AND CLEARLY

Transiting Venus does indeed square Saturn "many many many times in life"
HOWEVER
as you have highlighted
Transiting Saturn does not

Cypocryphy

however to be fair to Kitchey lets read the entire comment for clarity :smile:

Saturn takes thirty years to complete one orbit of the Sun
whereas Venus orbits the Sun every 225 days approximately :smile:
so clearly Venus and Saturn ARE in square aspect many many many times in life
AND CLEARLY

Transiting Venus does indeed square Saturn "many many many times in life"
HOWEVER
as you have highlighted
Transiting Saturn does not

JA!! What?! How could you? :wink: I'm actually stunned! :lol: You are much better at detail than this . . . ? If you look, we are talking merely about transiting Saturn and natal Venus, nothing more, nothing less. :wink: :tongue: A transiting Venus to natal Saturn is nothing more than a faint aroma drifting, passing you by; whereas transiting Saturn—well, that's a whole different stench. :lol: