Does no water mean the person is cold-hearted?

MantisReligiosa

I know Hitler had no water in his chart...but, somehow, I doubt that people with no water in their charts are actually really cold-blooded and heartless, as a rule.
I do think that maybe they just aren't really in touch with their emotions as much, or don't identify with their emotional side.
Anyway, I'd love to hear of any insight you could offer into this subject..whether it's your personal experience, or knowing someone with no water in their charts, or maybe something you've read..

JUPITERASC

I know Hitler had no water in his chart...but, somehow, I doubt that people with no water in their charts are actually really cold-blooded and heartless, as a rule.
I do think that maybe they just aren't really in touch with their emotions as much, or don't identify with their emotional side
View a video of Hitler giving a speech! Notice that, interestingly Hitler was definitely very much in touch with the emotion of rage, anger...
Anyway, I'd love to hear of any insight you could offer into this subject..whether it's your personal experience, or knowing someone with no water in their charts, or maybe something you've read..
Although a person may have no planets in Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces, that person could have ASC/DESC/MC/IC degree in Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces - as well as 'empty houses' with Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces on their cusp - and therefore the planets ruling Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces influence matters via other houses, as well as by transit. :smile:

Neptune Rising

I doubt that people with no water in their charts are actually really cold-blooded and heartless, as a rule.

They may also have planets in the water houses, 4th, 8th and 12th, or planets in contact with Neptune, or a prominent Neptune, to have some element of the water if no outright planets are in water signs. Not talking Hitler there, just generally.

bittermoon

my personal experience is that people who have no water in their chart, or very, very little, do seem to have great difficulty in really being in touch with their emotions. the emotions are still there, but there's a detached way of processing them, and a strange ability to turn them 'on' or 'off'.

MantisReligiosa

View a video of Hitler giving a speech! Notice that, interestingly Hitler was definitely very much in touch with the emotion of rage, anger...

Actually, I saw this documentary about Hitler where it clearly stated that his entire public image, including the way he made wide gestures during his speeches and used a loud voice were carefully planned, because it was his belief that the masses are stupid and primitive and will be easily duped by a display of power, or something like that.
Also, his photographs were taken in such a manner as to emphasize his better qualities, again, making him look powerful and confident, in order to impress female voters.

So, yeah, pretty calculated..however, there were probably deep emotional subconscious forces that drove him to do the things he did..

JUPITERASC

Actually, I saw this documentary about Hitler where it clearly stated that his entire public image, including the way he made wide gestures during his speeches and used a loud voice were carefully planned, because it was his belief that the masses are stupid and primitive and will be easily duped by a display of power, or something like that.
Also, his photographs were taken in such a manner as to emphasize his better qualities, again, making him look powerful and confident, in order to impress female voters.

So, yeah, pretty calculated..however, there were probably deep emotional subconscious forces that drove him to do the things he did..
So Hitler was simply a good actor and not particularly angry or enraged when making speeches :smile:

JUPITERASC

Hitler had an Aries Mercury and Mars-ruled Aries is associated with anger, rage, war and so on :smile:
That's just my opinion, others are likely to disagree
I know Hitler had no water in his chart....
btw I just checked Hitler's natal chart online and interestingly he had Part of Fortune as well as the North Node in Tropical Cancer

LovelyNomad7

My father is a Capricorn with no water in his chart. He is a kind man but he is very emotionally detached. When I was little he used to say mean things when he was upset at me and I would get really offended by it because I have 5 planets in water in my chart. My mom would have to tell him what he did wrong because he never realized what he was doing was wrong. This is my dad's third marriage and apparently he has changed a great deal because of my mother. My uncle, his younger brother who is a Virgo told me that when he was younger he used to be really mean. He would play cruel jokes on my uncle and he didn't even cry when my grandmother passed away. He didn't know how to react. I've never seen him get sad. I've only seen him angry.

Moog

The quality that we think of (whatever that is) as water doesn't come from the signs, it comes from the planets who rule the signs, and the planets are all active in our chart in some form.

Which planets provide 'water'?

If the Moon is in Aries, how is that different to the Moon in Scorpio? A question worth mulling over.

Moon in Sagittarius is a very different beast, and so is the Moon in Capricorn.

I think it's more useful to be specific about how the planets are operating, rather than looking at the chart, seeing no water, and declaring the native to be a sociopath or whatever.

Last edited:

astro11

Lack of water means a person is uncomfortable with feeling and expressing emotions, they would rather ignore them or intellectualize them. They appear to lack sensitivity/ empathy because they don't understand how their actions can affect other people's feelings. They are not very good at understanding nonverbal communication or reading between the lines. They do not trust their intuition or gut feelings enough, they have to find a logical explanation for everything. In short, they lack emotional intelligence.

As someone without water signs in any important placement, and with Capricorn as a moon sign on top of all that, I'd say it's not being cold hearted. It's just not being able to communicate feelings well. It's often a fear if vulnerability, too.
Some people, like myself, we struggle to become someone who can share their feelings with others. Changing, though, relies on the importance the person puts in emotionality.
People like this have to find an outlet, and what that is depends on their moon signs. Like for us Capricorn Lunars, we often turn to music or poetry.
Someone mentioned that we seems very cold to death, but that's often what it is. We SEEM cold to death. For me, at least, it's a feeling if having to be strong for the others who are suffering. As a Virgo without the water signs, I've grown up being the reliable shoulder to cry on. And I often worry that in a situation where I do lose my composure, people will lose hope.
It's also a matter of death taking a while to sink in. The shock, and often trying to take the mind off of it. Someone like this is like a buffering screen. It's working on it, but it takes forever to load any sort of reaction and realization.
I hope that helped. Some of us change, we learn to trust people with our emotions, but others simply live on relying on themselves for comfort :)

Zarathu

Account Closed
my personal experience is that people who have no water in their chart, or very, very little, do seem to have great difficulty in really being in touch with their emotions. the emotions are still there, but there's a detached way of processing them, and a strange ability to turn them 'on' or 'off'.

When I was born, I had very little water in my chart. I was filled with Air. I teneded to view everything from a mental point of reference. As I got older, the levels of water changed. By the time my Gemini Sun Progressed into Cancer when I was thirty, wartwr had increased a lot, and I was able to use my natal air along with water. Now that my sun had progressed into Leo, I have almost no air left. I have lots of fire and water. I can easily be brought to tears by circumstances, and by movies. I still have the original mental viewpoint, but gradually I have learned to use the emotions, to feel them more deeply, but I still have the ability to control them using the mind.

We all grow if we let ourselves.

Last edited:

MantisReligiosa

As someone without water signs in any important placement, and with Capricorn as a moon sign on top of all that, I'd say it's not being cold hearted. It's just not being able to communicate feelings well. It's often a fear if vulnerability, too.
Some people, like myself, we struggle to become someone who can share their feelings with others. Changing, though, relies on the importance the person puts in emotionality.
People like this have to find an outlet, and what that is depends on their moon signs. Like for us Capricorn Lunars, we often turn to music or poetry.
Someone mentioned that we seems very cold to death, but that's often what it is. We SEEM cold to death. For me, at least, it's a feeling if having to be strong for the others who are suffering. As a Virgo without the water signs, I've grown up being the reliable shoulder to cry on. And I often worry that in a situation where I do lose my composure, people will lose hope.
It's also a matter of death taking a while to sink in. The shock, and often trying to take the mind off of it. Someone like this is like a buffering screen. It's working on it, but it takes forever to load any sort of reaction and realization.
I hope that helped. Some of us change, we learn to trust people with our emotions, but others simply live on relying on themselves for comfort :)

Oh, I think anybody with Virgo in their chart, especially women, do their best to be as self-soothing, self-comforting, and self-sufficient as possible.
Even me, with 3 planets plus north node in Pisces, being uber-emo and feeling alone, lost and helpless about 70% of the time, with Virgo Rising, I am determined to become entirely independent and self-sufficient by the time I'm 30, at least...lol.

It's nice to know lack of emotions is not the case. In fact, my current crush is a Cap Moon and Virgo Venus(although Moon and Venus in a man's chart are said to be projected onto the women in his life) and he seems quite gentle and sensitive, although definitely very controlled and serious.
But I just know he's all candy inside. I mean, with Sun,Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter all in Libra, what else could he be?lol.

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

I do think that maybe they just aren't really in touch with their emotions as much, or don't identify with their emotional side.

No! The coldest hearted, meanest person I have ever met is a Pisces woman who delights in causing misery to anyone who is unfortunate enough to be in her way. I have never known anyone who is hated as much as she.

One of the most self-centered people I have ever met has all of the water signs activated by planets. This person only cares for others if they can be of use to him.

The kindest hearted, most sensitive, vegetarian through compassion for animals, person I know who has spent her whole life helping others has absolutely no planets activating water in her chart at all.

One can't lack water! All that happens is there is no planets activating the water element in the chart - but the water element is there through the signs and therefore the houses these signs rule become very important.

* People who have no planets activating an element usually have at least one of the planets ruling that element conjunct an angle or the Vertex axis.

* If there is no planet activating the water element you can be fairly sure that the person has a number of duads in that element.

* In addition, these people will seek out those who have an abundance of planets activating the water element as, through close association with them, their own water energy is also activated.

* These people will often live by the water, particularly large bodies of water, to help activate that element within them as well.

* I have also found an interesting thing in Chinese astrology- if a person lacks a planet activating an element in their Western chart, then very often that element is strongly placed or important in some way in their Chinese Four Pillars.

So, as nature hates a vacuum, there is always a balance somewhere.

No-one lacks any element, but if no planet, angle or duad is activating an element then the person will find other ways to stimulate it, usually through close relationships and being around the element itself.

Alice

Moog

I think you'd probably be dead if you had 'no' whatever (insert element)

As it is, a weakly represented element leads to physical as well as psychological imbalances.

I have a deficiency of water. You can try and find out why. My chart's around somewhere.

I think we can seem 'cold hearted', but better that than cold brained :lol:

I would say that though.

We're just oriented differently.

And as I've aged and grown, I've become less oblivious to the fact that emotions are information, and people have them, and I need to think about them if I want to relate to others in any way.

poyi

Premium Member
I had a random look of 12 murderers' charts on Astrodienst. Those people have planet in water sign.

I think you will still need to examine the whole chart.

A person who commits cold-hearted crimes/acts is often due to very complex influences or significant mental health issues. Plus environment factors, opportunity timing for the cold-hearted acts to be accomplished.

*emma*

Banned
No! The coldest hearted, meanest person I have ever met is a Pisces woman who delights in causing misery to anyone who is unfortunate enough to be in her way. I have never known anyone who is hated as much as she.
==========
well said
i think i know her too lol

there is no way on this earth or even in astrology land that anyone not having water planets is a cold fish its pathetic

Last edited:

tokyo.lights

I doubt it makes them cold lol. A strong or difficult Saturn is more likely to make someone appear that way(or maybe they are, who knows). I did a quick search and Muhammed Ali & Mick Jagger also have no water. Hitlers they are not :lol:

Moog

I doubt it makes them cold lol. A strong or difficult Saturn is more likely to make someone appear that way(or maybe they are, who knows). I did a quick search and Muhammed Ali & Mick Jagger also have no water. Hitlers they are not :lol:

I dunno, Mick looks like he's invaded a few countries to me