Saturn in Cancer

4leafclovah

I know that Saturn in Cancer can indicate someone cut off from their emotions, but would it also mean someone who is overly sensitive? Also, what would be the best way to use this placement?

smilingsteph

It also depends on which house saturn resides in, if you have your birthtime. However Saturn brings about a paternal feeling to the sign, in cancer in your case. Saturn is like a teacher to us, teaching us to learn from the house and or sign it is placed in. It brings about a seriousness and heavyness to the sign it touches. Cancer is a maternal like sign, I only use maternal and paternal, as Robert Hand uses these terms not to apply man/woman but to apply the basic associations with these terms; I digress. Cancer wants to nurture and care for others, it represents the home and all that encompasses it, such as: well-being, food, emotional care. Saturn is the opposite of cancer, instead of giving and caring for others freely, saturn brings an oppressive nature to these qualities. Saturn brings to cancer a seriousness, heavyness; thus these two work against eachother. They do not naturally do well together, in other words they do not have a natural affinity for eachother.
I would think that it can also bring out the worst in the sign as well; more crabby, more emotionally unstable at times.
I think that the best way to compensate for saturn for you or anyone is to be aware, be conscious of the fact that this is saturns placement and this is where we need to pay attention and learn, in order to grow.
I am going through a saturn return right now, saturn in seventh house, square sun and mars. I am trying to figure out my personal relationships, as they feel restrictive to me right now.
I once was afraid of saturn, more so than pluto, however I think that by being aware we can be ahead of the game, know the players before the game starts.
Good luck!

Sandra123

I have Saturn in Cancer too and this is not an easy aspect to live with. I can be overly sensitive and crabby. My Sun is in Capricorn so there is a real power struggle in my head:(

blueheron

4leafclovah said:
I know that Saturn in Cancer can indicate someone cut off from their emotions, but would it also mean someone who is overly sensitive? Also, what would be the best way to use this placement?

The question is too general. Need to know what house Saturn is in, what the aspects are, etc.

The best way to use Saturn in any chart is for self-discipline and inner growth.

4leafclovah

Sandra123 said:
The best way is to use this placement in creative activitiees like music or painting:)

OOh, then I am doing something right because I am just starting to get into music :) Why is this particular placement good for music?

Sandra123

The frustration of this placement makes you find alternative ways to express your inner feelings that Saturn tries to suppress. The artistic expression lets you release the frustration of a strict ruler like Saturn:)

4leafclovah

Sandra123 said:
The frustration of this placement makes you find alternative ways to express your inner feelings that Saturn tries to suppress. The artistic expression lets you release the frustration of a strict ruler like Saturn:)

Sounds good to me !!thanks Sarah :D

Julie

Banned
With this placement of Saturn there can be extreme sensitivity to rejection. A deep fear of abandonment. My partner has Saturn in Cancer in the 8th square to a Venus/Pluto conjunction. Quite the combination. This Saturn placement is about connecting to your inner base. Part of your task may involve building a container for your emotional states. Issues revolve around Cancer so maybe hiding too much in your shell could be a problem. With my partner's Saturn a lot of complex emotions stem from his past, his family are quite Plutonian and drama's are a part of their everyday life.

My partner moved from his earlier roots in Ireland and moved over to Liverpool. Security and home are ongoing themes in his life. Personally my partner has had to put boundaries around family problems as they kept creating drama' and getting too involved with his personal life too many family trauma's. Moving away from his family is the best thing he has done. Not that these will be other Saturn in Cancer problems as his Saturn is in 8th squaring Pluto. Cancer is the sign of vulnerability, neediness, feelings, nurturing, support, family. Saturn in Cancer places an emphasis on learning lessons around these themes. It could be you have to learn to nourish and look after your own emotional well being.

Last edited:

milkywaygirl

Julie said:
With this placement of Saturn there can be extreme sensitivity to rejection. A deep fear of abandonment. My partner has Saturn in Cancer in the 8th square to a Venus/Pluto conjunction. Quite the combination. This Saturn placement is about connecting to your inner base. Part of your task may involve building a container for your emotional states. Issues revolve around Cancer so maybe hiding too much in your shell could be a problem. With my partner's Saturn a lot of complex emotions stem from his past, his family are quite Plutonian and drama's are a part of their everyday life.

My partner moved from his earlier roots in Ireland and moved over to Liverpool. Security and home are ongoing themes in his life. Personally my partner has had to put boundaries around family problems as they kept creating drama' and getting too involved with his personal life too many family trauma's. Moving away from his family is the best thing he has done. Not that these will be other Saturn in Cancer problems as his Saturn is in 8th squaring Pluto. Cancer is the sign of vulnerability, neediness, feelings, nurturing, support, family. Saturn in Cancer places an emphasis on learning lessons around these themes. It could be you have to learn to nourish and look after your own emotional well being.

my partner as well has saturn in cancer, in 1st. he is a wonderful father to his two children (not mine), albeit in a somewhat overbearing and somewhat stern way, but he lavishes them with whatever pleases them and is very much a part of their life on a daily basis. i see his children as bringing him a strong sense of stability even though it seems a struggle for him at times to do all that he thinks he should be doing. i see him as a very caring and involved father, and admire him for that, as so many fathers are so not that. he is also very close to his family, but wont talk about any sadness he experiences such as some recent deaths close to him. i see him as trying to suppress his feelings of vulnerability and sensitivity to those events, and have tried to let him talk about it, but i guess its not his time to do so just yet.

in our relationship however he is extremely sensitive and very much the baby so to speak. i know when he is upset because he cuts off, and it took me a while to figure out that when he starts shutting down i have to chase him a bit to bring him out of his "shell". he needs a lot of reassurance and love and often questions my feelings for him, not out of a sincere belief that i dont care, but because he needs to constantly hear that i feel for him.

sometimes i wonder if i do the right thing by babying him, but then i remember that his lessons are his to learn and even though i may have a little more insight into those lessons, its not really my place to try to make him learn them - only he can do that.

dreamtimez

Thank you, for the insight. I am a new member. :)

I was wondering whether the situation becomes even more complicated if Saturn conjoins Moon in Cancer ? The Sun is in Leo conjoining Venus. This person has trust issues.

aquarius7000

smilingsteph said:
It also depends on which house saturn resides in, .. Cancer wants to nurture and care for others, it represents the home and all that encompasses it, such as: well-being, food, emotional care. Saturn is the opposite of cancer, instead of giving and caring for others freely, saturn brings an oppressive nature to these qualities..
Yes, Saturn in an individual's chart more heavily affects the house it resides in. Saturn is known to be a tough master, or is also rightly called the karmic teacher, and for this reason, I would think that Saturn in Cancer is all about long-term commitment and the lessons of opening our hearts even in the hardest of times, so it makes nurturing and caring as the lessons that need to be learned - either per force (say if there's an invalid in the family), or making one take these factors rather seriously - like being really responsible and caring towards one's family.

Another speculation on Saturn in Cancer could also mean (health) problems with regard to women's issues, or also the native could suffer from water-retention in the body.
Saturn also causes delays in the areas it occupies in a chart, so Saturn in Cancer (depending on other factors) could also mean delay in making one's own family, or having children (say if Cancerian Saturn is opposing/ squ 5-H planets), as Saturn makes you work for things.
smilingsteph said:
I would think that it can also bring out the worst in the sign as well; more crabby, more emotionally unstable at times.
Yes, this could also be the case, as Saturn in Cancer could also want the native to deal with issues such as hypersensitivity or emotional imbalance.