Synastry Potential Meaning

comdoc

Two major relational factors are interpersonal synastry and midpoint composite relationship chart. Both show potentials. First there are the individual birth charts. From those, there is a synastry overlay showing interaspects. The midpoint composite chart of the relationship ("3rd person") means nothing if there is not a real relationship synastry potential.

Synastry shows the two component persons' combined resonance with the background environment (solar system, Zodiac, Circle of Houses, Stars). Composite shows how the relationship interacts with the greater environment.

In my original relationship astrology book, I use a scale system to describe scalar potentials for the 1st person, 2nd person, their combined synastry, and 3rd person composite relationship. One scale is a simple 1-9, with 5 being average. 1,2,3,4 are called "negative synergy". 6,7,8,9 are called "positive synergy". With no intervention, positive synergy potentials are attractive (as in Law of Attraction). Negative synergy potentials naturally repel and tend to separate (not attractive).

Composite chart of the Relationship (as a 3rd party) also has synergy potentials with others. It's possible for two people to have 8 synastry potential, and their composite to have a 2 potential. So they are attracted to each other, but their relationship energy repels others. Or another couple whose composite has an 8 potential (popular with others), but their synastry potential is 5 (mediocre interpersonal connection). So they struggle one-on-one, but are successful in outer world.

Higher the Synastry and Composite potential energies are, the easier and more long lasting the relationship will naturally be. Life partners, significant others, romantic soulmates.

Claire19

I will add that without Saturn contacts no relationship endures for long.
Challenging or flowing, not so important. Just have to be there. Karmic issues.
The nodal contacts are also very important but only conjunctions. IMO.

comdoc

Saturn is a double edged sword; in 7H it can also signify divorce--opposite of longevity in relationship. Interpersonal resonance and synastry aspect pattern completion can be a powerful attractive force. Drawing greater life experiences to the lovers. Prosperity and abundant experience to the relationship. In this case, our lives are enriched by the beloved.

Nodal contacts occur where the Sun, Moon, and Earth line up for eclipses. Eclipses alternate between North and South Node types, separated by approximately 6 months of time. Eclipses tend to occur at same distance from the Nodes every 18 years or so (Saros Cycle). Yes, conjunctions are most powerful nodal contacts.

I will add that without Saturn contacts no relationship endures for long.
Challenging or flowing, not so important. Just have to be there. Karmic issues.
The nodal contacts are also very important but only conjunctions. IMO.