Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 07-09-2016, 08:41 PM

Re: What signifies a naturally funny person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
OMG I'm starting to wonder if I should try and make it in hollywood LOL. I have a Leo Sun for dramatic flare, and neptune in the first house opposing my Leo sun (gives me the chameleon acting ability) and then the thalia ofc.
LOL I would like to see the whole chart. Maybe you have Sun/Uranus Harmonic/Natal I talked about.

Unread 07-09-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theV View Post
LOL I would like to see the whole chart. Maybe you have Sun/Uranus Harmonic/Natal I talked about.
astro_2gw_01_chris.70981.17925.jpg

I'm not sure, if my Uranus is good or not. The aspects to it are pretty wide, anyway.
Unread 07-09-2016, 08:46 PM

Better picture.
Unread 07-09-2016, 08:58 PM

My favorite comedians are Kristen Wiig and Stephen Colbert.

Quote:
That would be H5 and H11. There's a flow between them, where the observer (H11) provides a mirror for the entertainer (H5), and the entertainer gives the observer something to watch and react to, which in turn affects the entertainer. They need each other. The H11s may not say anything, but the H5s know they're out there, watching and listening. A true artist is both H5 and H11.
House 11 is ruled by Mercury/Gemini, my Mercury is in the third house in Libra. The fifth house is ruled by Jupiter/Sagittarius, the Moon conjunct Jupiter in the 5th house. Moon and Jupiter sextile Mercury and trine Ascendant. And Mercury sextile Asc. Asc in leo dramatic and attention seeker.

My dream was to become an actor. I guess I'm not fluid and rather stiff to become an actor, but I still dream about it but it is not an actual goal.

The Following User Says Thank You to theV For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (07-09-2016)
Unread 07-09-2016, 09:37 PM

Without going to Harmonic, your chart have indication of acting talent. Moon/Mercury which I also have donates childlike imagination, storyteller, voice actors, "and Mercury/Moon serves comedians very well, since much comedy is based on truthful observations of everyday human habits" this is from darkastarstrology article. Moon/Mercury are also childlike and naive like Alice in wonderland since both of the Moon and Mercury represents youth and naivety. I get harassed for talking to much about my emotions-I haveMoon/Mercury aspect. Moon/Mercury is a bonus for actors since it denote reading abilities and storytelling.

5th house is ruled by Mercury which is great too since Mercury also deals with acting and the 5th house about creativity. Mercury as we said is the trickster, shape shifter, is conjunct Moon/Node and adds to that Thalia and that is extra points. We have Moon/Mercury- Comedian/storyteller- adds to that Thalia- asteroid of actors and comedians- and 5th house ruled by Mercury.

Pluto square this combo might get you attracted to dark humor, or interest in story of violence, crime, horror or sexual themed story. The devouring mother archetype is strong, but that's not our topic. Pluto square Moon makes you private with deep emotions that need to be let out as creative force such as in acting or singing. Pluto/Moon are dramatic. So I think it means attraction to dark type of role, maybe the villains even. Or you could have cynical, dark humor. If you are repressing your emotions, your acting ability might not be let out. You will not be able to tap to those raw emotions (moon) since you don't deal with your deep fears and anxiety (pluto) which make you stiff.

Your chart is leaning to the dark side, do you consider yourself as a dark person ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theV For This Useful Post:
anjelik (07-13-2016), AppLeo (07-09-2016)
Unread 07-09-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Without going to Harmonic, your chart have indication of acting talent. Moon/Mercury which I also have donates childlike imagination, storyteller, voice actors, "and Mercury/Moon serves comedians very well, since much comedy is based on truthful observations of everyday human habits" this is from darkastarstrology article. Moon/Mercury are also childlike and naive like Alice in wonderland since both of the Moon and Mercury represents youth and naivety. I get harassed for talking to much about my emotions-I haveMoon/Mercury aspect. Moon/Mercury is a bonus for actors since it denote reading abilities and storytelling.

5th house is ruled by Mercury which is great too since Mercury also deals with acting and the 5th house about creativity. Mercury as we said is the trickster, shape shifter, is conjunct Moon/Node and adds to that Thalia and that is extra points. We have Moon/Mercury- Comedian/storyteller- adds to that Thalia- asteroid of actors and comedians- and 5th house ruled by Mercury.

Pluto square this combo might get you attracted to dark humor, or interest in story of violence, crime, horror or sexual themed story. The devouring mother archetype is strong, but that's not our topic. Pluto square Moon makes you private with deep emotions that need to be let out as creative force such as in acting or singing. Pluto/Moon are dramatic. So I think it means attraction to dark type of role, maybe the villains even. Or you could have cynical, dark humor. If you are repressing your emotions, your acting ability might not be let out. You will not be able to tap to those raw emotions (moon) since you don't deal with your deep fears and anxiety (pluto) which make you stiff.

Your chart is leaning to the dark side, do you consider yourself as a dark person ?
I freaking love that interpretation. And I think I'm a dark person; a lot of people see me as dark. I love rainy days, heavy music, being alone.. but in a happy way. I'm a happy dark person
Unread 07-09-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I freaking love that interpretation. And I think I'm a dark person; a lot of people see me as dark. I love rainy days, heavy music, being alone.. but in a happy way. I'm a happy dark person
You made me happy . Running your Harmonic chart the duad and the numerological chart 2+5= 7 and making connection to your chart, there are indications of someone dark. Harmonics are bit of advanced.

Your eighth house is packed in the harmonic, you have a harmonic pluto rising, Harmonic sun conjunct saturn moving to 4th house private person/possibly father issues. Sun opposite Neptune/Chiron wounded of absent father, unreliable parent, possibly dead, lost dreams, hyper sensitivity,
Harmonic Mercury conjunct Uranus= eccentric, genius, comedian.

daddy issues possibly?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg applea.jpg (113.1 KB, 4 views)
AppLeo (07-09-2016)
Unread 07-09-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
You made me happy . Running your Harmonic chart the duad and the numerological chart 2+5= 7 and making connection to your chart, there are indications of someone dark. Harmonics are bit of advanced.

Your eighth house is packed in the harmonic, you have a harmonic pluto rising, Harmonic sun conjunct saturn moving to 4th house private person/possibly father issues. Sun opposite Neptune/Chiron wounded of absent father, unreliable parent, possibly dead, lost dreams, hyper sensitivity,
Harmonic Mercury conjunct Uranus= eccentric, genius, comedian.

daddy issues possibly?
See, I've never really known about harmonic charts before! I really wanna learn about those now! Because that's super accurate. Literally everything. Def daddy issues lol. My Dad has his Chiron conjunct Sun and it's pretty sad

Love the Mercury conjunct Uranus
Unread 07-09-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
See, I've never really known about harmonic charts before! I really wanna learn about those now! Because that's super accurate. Literally everything. Def daddy issues lol. My Dad has his Chiron conjunct Sun and it's pretty sad

Love the Mercury conjunct Uranus
Alice Portman inspired me to dig deep in the field of Harmonic Astrology. She has site where she explores Harmonic astrology. The 12th Harmonic is considered most important because it was used by ancient astrologer. Vedic emphasizes on Harmonic.

I came up with theory of 12th harmonic + numerological chart (the birth day) + the natal chart to explore the psyche of individual.

this two articles I wrote about Harmonics, they are messy I have to say. I didn't what I was writing lol.

https://thecinnamonstars.wordpress.com/2015/10/13/duad12th-harmonic-charts-interpretation/

https://thecinnamonstars.wordpress.c...econdary-self/
AppLeo (07-09-2016)
Unread 07-09-2016, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Alice Portman inspired me to dig deep in the field of Harmonic Astrology. She has site where she explores Harmonic astrology. The 12th Harmonic is considered most important because it was used by ancient astrologer. Vedic emphasizes on Harmonic.

I came up with theory of 12th harmonic + numerological chart (the birth day) + the natal chart to explore the psyche of individual.

this two articles I wrote about Harmonics, they are messy I have to say. I didn't what I was writing lol.

https://thecinnamonstars.wordpress.com/2015/10/13/duad12th-harmonic-charts-interpretation/

Awesome!! I will check those out because this is really cool. It's like looking at my natal chart for the first time again. More things to discover about myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
theV (07-09-2016)
Unread 07-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

you are absolutely brilliant! lol.
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
you are absolutely brilliant! lol.
Ok, thank you. And I don't think so. I only revived what was already used by ancient astrologer. It was arrogant to say "I came up with" it is a stupid sentence,excuse me for it. Even astrologer like Alice already used the 12th harmonic and numerology. She was a member here. Her site:

http://aliceportman.com/

Last edited by theV; 07-10-2016 at 01:13 PM.
conspiracy theorist (07-10-2016)
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Ok, thank you. And I don't think so. I only revived what was already used by ancient astrologer. It was arrogant to say "I came up with" it is a stupid sentence,excuse me for it. Even astrologer like Alice already used the 12th harmonic and numerology. She was a member here. Here site:

http://aliceportman.com/
I like your humility.
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
theV (07-10-2016)
Unread 07-10-2016, 02:53 AM

[QUOTE=AppLeo;697139]OMG I'm starting to wonder if I should try and make it in hollywood LOL. I have a Leo Sun for dramatic flare, and neptune in the first house opposing my Leo sun (gives me the chameleon acting ability) and then the thalia ofc.[/Q

You need to post your whole chart. You can anonymise it and I would recommend that. We have to look at your 10th house of career, 6th house of everyday work and the 2nd for personal income. The 5th house is also involved for performing arts.
Unread 07-10-2016, 03:12 AM

[QUOTE=Claire19;698250]
Quote:
OMG I'm starting to wonder if I should try and make it in hollywood LOL. I have a Leo Sun for dramatic flare, and neptune in the first house opposing my Leo sun (gives me the chameleon acting ability) and then the thalia ofc.[/Q

You need to post your whole chart. You can anonymise it and I would recommend that. We have to look at your 10th house of career, 6th house of everyday work and the 2nd for personal income. The 5th house is also involved for performing arts.
What do you mean?? I have posted it.

http://prntscr.com/bqz2rx here it is again :3

Last edited by AppLeo; 07-10-2016 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 07-13-2016, 09:43 AM

I think just a connection between Mercury and Jupiter makes someone funny. I just ran through 4 charts of people that are considered funny and all have that aspect (whether it is a square, opposition, or trine). Mercury and Jupiter signs vary.

Pisces Mercury square Gemini Jupiter (husband)
Capricorn Mercury opposite Cancer Jupiter (colleague)
Taurus Mercury trine Capricorn Jupiter (friend)
Scorpio Mercury sextile Capricorn Jupiter (friend)
Aquarius Mercury square Scorpio Jupiter (me)

All four of those people I find to be people I can play mental ping pong with. I will say though, the things that come out of these people's mouths at times, can be outrageous, and I think that is definitely the influence of Jupiter. So maybe we all get along and find each other funny because Jupiter aspecting Mercury may make you a little less offended by outrageous comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I'd say an important part of being funny is being able to relate the joke in such a way that people get it. A strong moon maybe?

Wit is another one. Quick, sharp and to the point. Sounds martial/fire. Also some Saturn for terseness/dead pan.
I have found people with Gemini Moon (myself included) tend to have a quick wit and can be quite funny. If I think of anyone I know with a Gemini Moon, they are usually always the people you can have great banter with. Two friends of mine come to mind and they were always the funniest guys in school and everyone really enjoyed being around them due to their one-liners. I guess it also depends on what you think is funny because there are variations of funny.

I have Mercury (Aqua) trine Saturn (Libra) and I can be very deadpan. For people who aren't as quick witted they usually say, "Are you serious?" or "I can't tell if you're joking." So I think that Mercury/Saturn definitely lends to that.

I think having Jupiter aspect Mercury, a strong Mercury or a bit of Gemini in a chart tend to make people funny. But I've attached two charts of people that are considered funny by a lot of people. They both light up a room with their humour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_75_anonymous.31610.21754.jpg (117.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_06_anonymous.31629.22275.jpg (114.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by anjelik; 07-13-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Unread 07-13-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
I think just a connection between Mercury and Jupiter makes someone funny. I just ran through 4 charts of people that are considered funny and all have that aspect (whether it is a square, opposition, or trine). Mercury and Jupiter signs vary.

Pisces Mercury square Gemini Jupiter (husband)
Capricorn Mercury opposite Cancer Jupiter (colleague)
Taurus Mercury trine Capricorn Jupiter (friend)
Scorpio Mercury sextile Capricorn Jupiter (friend)
Aquarius Mercury square Scorpio Jupiter (me)

All four of those people I find to be people I can play mental ping pong with. I will say though, the things that come out of these people's mouths at times, can be outrageous, and I think that is definitely the influence of Jupiter. So maybe we all get along and find each other funny because Jupiter aspecting Mercury may make you a little less offended by outrageous comments.

I have found people with Gemini Moon (myself included) tend to have a quick wit and can be quite funny. If I think of anyone I know with a Gemini Moon, they are usually always the people you can have great banter with. Two friends of mine come to mind and they were always the funniest guys in school and everyone really enjoyed being around them due to their one-liners. I guess it also depends on what you think is funny because there are variations of funny.

I have Mercury (Aqua) trine Saturn (Libra) and I can be very deadpan. For people who aren't as quick witted they usually say, "Are you serious?" or "I can't tell if you're joking." So I think that Mercury/Saturn definitely lends to that.

I think having Jupiter aspect Mercury, a strong Mercury or a bit of Gemini in a chart tend to make people funny. But I've attached two charts of people that are considered funny by a lot of people. They both light up a room with their humour.
Stephen Colbert, Kristen Wiig have Gemini Moon and I am fond of their wit, fluidity, acting and humor.

I am blessed with Mercury/Jupiter so . Tight sextile between Mercury in Libra in 5 in 3rd house sextile Jupiter in the 5th house in Saggitarius. This combo is also for learning foreign languages.
anjelik (07-13-2016)
Unread 07-13-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Stephen Colbert, Kristen Wiig have Gemini Moon and I am fond of their wit, fluidity, acting and humor.

I am blessed with Mercury/Jupiter so . Tight sextile between Mercury in Libra in 5 in 3rd house sextile Jupiter in the 5th house in Saggitarius. This combo is also for learning foreign languages.
I love my Gemini Moon for the fact that it makes me funny and I easily make friends. I do dislike it because I sometimes feel it makes it challenging for me to "feel" and I wish I could be warmer at times. I once dated someone with a Gemini Moon and I actually became attracted to him only because of his humour. I felt like we were a side-show act together. Definitely worked better as friends than lovers!

Mercury/Jupiter is good for foreign languages? I think you are right - I was always very good at Spanish in school and when I took my Regents exam I got a 99%. Any Latin based language is pretty easy to figure out to me if you just listen/look. I kind of wish I stuck with that or explored other languages now that you mention that. Do you speak multiple languages? I wish it was more forced upon us English speakers to learn other languages!
serinuscanaria (08-19-2021)
Unread 07-13-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I love my Gemini Moon for the fact that it makes me funny and I easily make friends. I do dislike it because I sometimes feel it makes it challenging for me to "feel" and I wish I could be warmer at times. I once dated someone with a Gemini Moon and I actually became attracted to him only because of his humour. I felt like we were a side-show act together. Definitely worked better as friends than lovers!

Mercury/Jupiter is good for foreign languages? I think you are right - I was always very good at Spanish in school and when I took my Regents exam I got a 99%. Any Latin based language is pretty easy to figure out to me if you just listen/look. I kind of wish I stuck with that or explored other languages now that you mention that. Do you speak multiple languages? I wish it was more forced upon us English speakers to learn other languages!
I have a lot of Gemini friends. Gemini people make me laugh and I have a love/hate relationship with them. Sometimes they are confusing and two face.

I am very fluent in languages. My mother tongue is Arabic, I am linguistically good at speaking French, English, and Spanish. Jupiter represents foreign cultures and languages.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theV For This Useful Post:
anjelik (07-13-2016), Kitchy (07-15-2016)
Unread 07-13-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I have a lot of Gemini friends. Gemini people make me laugh and I have a love/hate relationship with them. Sometimes they are confusing and two face.

I am very fluent in languages. My mother tongue is Arabic, I am linguistically good at speaking French, English, and Spanish. Jupiter represents foreign cultures and languages.
I do not "know" many Gemini Suns. The ones I do know I find to be kind of boring. I find that I am drawn to people with their Ascendant or Moon in Gemini rather than Sun. Out of the three Gemini Sun people I know, all three are fairly introverted. Just to clarify, this is based on the people I know. Not meaning to offend any of you Gemini Suns out there!
AppLeo (07-13-2016)
Unread 07-13-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I do not "know" many Gemini Suns. The ones I do know I find to be kind of boring. I find that I am drawn to people with their Ascendant or Moon in Gemini rather than Sun. Out of the three Gemini Sun people I know, all three are fairly introverted. Just to clarify, this is based on the people I know. Not meaning to offend any of you Gemini Suns out there!
I'm not even a Gemini Sun and I found that extremely offending!! Can't believe you'd say that...

JK, The Gemini Sun I know is boring too. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Ok, Are you done yet?? blah blah blah blah

Jim Carrey is what, a Capricorn?? You'd think he'd be so boring, but he has his Moon in Gemini and he's hilarious
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
Kitchy (07-15-2016)
Unread 07-15-2016, 05:57 AM

By my opinion - strong Gemini in the chart (Gemini Moon especially) and/or Sagittarius ascendant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demetraceres For This Useful Post:
Kitchy (07-15-2016), serinuscanaria (08-19-2021)
Unread 07-18-2016, 05:57 PM
Banned

Gemini risings that i have met are always very funny. Also mercury in Gemini seem to be very witty too.
Unread 08-02-2016, 01:07 PM

My husband is hilarious and always manages to crack in a joke frequently. It pops in his mind naturally. He is sag asc and Jupiter is in cancer trine mercury.
Unread 08-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Banned

Whatever is in my chart that makes me hilarious as I'm the funniest person according to a lot of people...sometimes verging on the rude to the more sensitive souls, but I always check back in and make sure they are ok. Banter is my middle name...Sagittarius moon.

Tags
funny, naturally, person, signifies