aquarius; so close yet so far

so heres the deal, before reading into astrology i was a bit sceptical of it, so before getting my full chart i read through every sign deligently to try and find what would fit me best( so i didn't feel i was being influenced or indoctrinated by what the chart would tell me), anyway both me and my friends concluded that i at least had to have a huge aquarian influence, seriously! everything from the stubborness, idealist with head in the clouds, detached from the world, standing out in the crowd(i'm not boasting here but i'm tall and people always stare at me) trying to be different, attracted to leos( oh yeah! but strangely also scorpios???) ,very creative but in an inventive way aka.. trying to play god.., more mental awareness than body , always loving shiny things and have had an obsession with lights since childhood and even right down to physical symptoms ie poor circulation, always have cold hands, blue eyes(oh yeah favorite colour has always been aquarius's electric blue ,since like birth), and always seeing the bigger picture but not often the detail....plus i swear that birds have a staring problem with me!!! (ps my favorite animal is cat).......(takes breath).....and it turns out i have not one planet in aquarius and ps my sun is in libra. if astrology is real then libra is my only concrete proof because it is my only air element(oh plus mars in gemini) and theres no doubting i'm a bit of an air head, more than a few people have called me the most idealistic person they've met. anyhoo... where does that leave me now..... well it turns out i have north node in aquarius(technically not a planet) could is astrological body be underestimated???????????

Stacey5271

The study of astrology goes much, much depper than the Sun sign. If you only use Sun signs, then you are basically saying that there's nothing else that could help differentiate you from all the others in your Sun sign.

In ways, the traits given to a sun sign could be overshadowed or diluted by some other planets/house placements or especially strong aspects. Your rising sign should also play an important rold in helping to describe you.

A lot of the traits you list as reasons you felt you would be an Aquarian, could be attributed to other signs as well. As a Capricorn, I can tell you I am extremely stubborn (and love cats). My daughter, who is a Pisces is extremely creative in an inventive sort of way. Standing out in the crowd is a trait commonly attributed to Leos as well - but any Hollywood star would stand out in a crowd and they run the gamut of signs. The traits you list are extremely general.

If you are truly interested in testing your skepticism in regards to astrology, you will look deeper.

LoneStar

If you were of Uranus in Scorpio generation, that could explain your attraction to Scorpios. There's a reception between uranus and aquarius.

wilsontc

Staff member
whole chart, to enigma

enigma,

You said:
before getting my full chart i read through every sign deligently to try and find what would fit me best

The chart whole is more than the sum of its parts. If you don't look at the entire chart you don't understand the chart. If you are open to looking at the whole chart, you can learn basic astrology easily in six steps here:
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc

Looking at the whole,

Tim

EJ53

Banned
Hi futureenigma,

If I read you correctly, you are already aware of the need to look at the whole chart - which is why you know there is "not one planet in aquarius". As you have produced a chart, why not put it (or your birth data) up here?

Then we can pursue your point about the validity of astrology in a meaningful/less abstract way.

(I agree about the influence of your North Node, but not that this point is generally underestimated. It's just that some respond to it early in life, some later and others not at all.)

Your post at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8526 indicates that you have Uranus in 1st house and (possibly) part of Aquarius there too, with maybe Capricorn on the Ascendant.

Uranus rules Aquarius jointly with Saturn (which also rules Capricorn, Asc and Ist house) - which goes quite a way towards explaining your Aquarian traits.

EJ

ps. Apologies to Tim/wilsontc - who probably got all 4 edits of this comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Hi Future, I dont think the NorthNode alone indicates that you have such an Aquarian character. I think EJ53 could be right with that 1st house of yours.
Nodes show more what you are comfortable with (South Node) as you lived certain things in past lives and the North Node shows what you have to learn in this life or how you have to give out to others. This shows mostly in relationships with others, hence the connection of the Nodes with relationships as well. Could you put up your chart maybe or give us the coordinates? That would help! Thanks, Star.