Am I doing the right thing or not (career)...?

Cascada

Ugh, I know I've been posting a lot lately, I'm sorry. I'm just so stressed. I don't know what to do.

I know this is long, but if you could take the time to read it and try to help me I'd honestly appreciate any help you can give me.

Okay, so tomorrow I start college. The plan is to become a vet. I wouldn't say it's my dream or anything, but it's something I've stuck to since I was younger. But, here's the thing: it's not what I want, and I'm not sure that I ever truly wanted it. I know I love animals, I'd love to work with them if all of my other options were gone, but I'm not sure if it's what I truly want. I believe that I've clung onto the idea of being a vet because of financial security. I grew up in an environment where money was very scarce; at one point 7 of us (4 kids, 3 grown woman- my mum, my auntie and my grandma) were living in the same house, divided into two bedrooms. So I've always been terrified that I won't produce enough income for my own kids, I really want a lot better for them than what I had.
So, keeping that in mind, you can imagine how tough it may be for me trying to go for my true dream. My true dream is unreliable in all the ways possible. I want to be a singer in a band, I crave it so badly that it makes me quite emotional just thinking about it. I've always been inclined to creative hobbies like writing (stories, songs, poems) and drawing but singing was something my heart was into, but I've lacked belief in myself. I've never dared to believe that I could be successful pursuing a career in singing up until this year. It's something I've always fantasized about, but I believed I'd never be lucky enough to have that kind of life. But this year I'm really starting to have confidence in myself, and I really believe in my dream.
So, what I'm asking is this: am I doing the right thing in going to college tomorrow and pursuing a career in animal care? Or do I actually have a chance of being a successful singer someday?
I have some positive signs in my chart that support the singing career, but it's the (almost) empty southern hemisphere that makes me doubt. I feel that Venus in the 2nd is the strong point in my chart for this kind of thing. My POF is along side Venus (not conjunct) and has nothing but easy flow aspects to various different planets and the MC.

Last edited:

sven555

Ugh, I know I've been posting a lot lately, I'm sorry. I'm just so stressed. I don't know what to do.

I know this is long, but if you could take the time to read it and try to help me I'd honestly appreciate any help you can give me.

Okay, so tomorrow I start college. The plan is to become a vet. I wouldn't say it's my dream or anything, but it's something I've stuck to since I was younger. But, here's the thing: it's not what I want, and I'm not sure that I ever truly wanted it. I know I love animals, I'd love to work with them if all of my other options were gone, but I'm not sure if it's what I truly want. I believe that I've clung onto the idea of being a vet because of financial security. I grew up in an environment where money was very scarce; at one point 7 of us (4 kids, 3 grown woman- my mum, my auntie and my grandma) were living in the same house, divided into two bedrooms. So I've always been terrified that I won't produce enough income for my own kids, I really want a lot better for them than what I had.
So, keeping that in mind, you can imagine how tough it may be for me trying to go for my true dream. My true dream is unreliable in all the ways possible. I want to be a singer in a band, I crave it so badly that it makes me quite emotional just thinking about it. I've always been inclined to creative hobbies like writing (stories, songs, poems) and drawing but singing was something my heart was into, but I've lacked belief in myself. I've never dared to believe that I could be successful pursuing a career in singing up until this year. It's something I've always fantasized about, but I believed I'd never be lucky enough to have that kind of life. But this year I'm really starting to have confidence in myself, and I really believe in my dream.
So, what I'm asking is this: am I doing the right thing in going to college tomorrow and pursuing a career in animal care? Or do I actually have a chance of being a successful singer someday?
I have some positive signs in my chart that support the singing career, but it's the (almost) empty southern hemisphere that makes me doubt. I feel that Venus in the 2nd is the strong point in my chart for this kind of thing. My POF is along side Venus (not conjunct) and has nothing but easy flow aspects to various different planets and the MC.

Hello Cascada,

Ultimately the choice is in your hands... but this is what i've found out.

Your 10th house (MC) is ruled by Taurus.
Taurus rules Venus, so we look for Venus in your chart.
It being located in your 2nd house.

So this means that your professional success will be reflected in your income. Most likely you will make money through the profession you choose. Your resources and values play an important role in your future success.

Possibly the safest thing to do, is to do the course in animal care, whilst simultaneously working on music/singing etc. Then you have something to fall back on, if you decide to pursue the artistic career.

So whatever you choose to do, you hopefully can be successful at it! :)

Hope this helps. :tongue:

Last edited:

StillOne

Start a band at college. That's what Jack Johnson did. He honed his skills during college and well, the rest is history...

Oh, and astro11 on this forum is a professional singer. PM her. She's very good at delineating musical talent in a chart. IMO you have it with your MC in Taurus ruled by Venus signifying that career results can come from Venus related affairs.

Last edited:

Cascada

Start a band at college. That's what Jack Johnson did. He honed his skills during college and well, the rest is history...

Oh, and astro11 on this forum is a professional singer. PM her. She's very good at delineating musical talent in a chart. IMO you have it with your MC in Taurus ruled by Venus signifying that career results can come from Venus related affairs.

Thanks for the advise, do you know whereabouts I'll be able to find her on here?

astro11

Hi Cascada,

I received your PM and took a look at your chart. I am a professional musician (piano player) not a professional singer but musical talent is shown the same way in a chart in any case.

Usually when Neptune is connected to the MC in some way the person has the potential for becoming successful in music (people without this connection can still be successful but I find they must work a lot harder and overcome more obstacles). Neptune makes a trine to your MC 8 degrees and the MC ruler Venus makes a wide trine 9 degrees to Neptune so you do have a potential skill there. Moreover, Neptune conjunct Uranus in the fifth both connected to the MC shows a lot of creativity/ originality/ out of the box thinking that should be used in your career.

Regarding the North hemisphere emphasis, I find that this does not mean that these people are necessarily uncomfortable with the spotlight or performing (Julia Roberts is an excellent example) but they are very private and subjective. They don't like their personal lives being out on display.

Venus is also an important planet for singing, entertainment and the performing arts. MC ruler Venus makes a sesquiquadrate 2 degrees to your MC degree which contributes to your ability to become a singer.

As you said, you had a difficult time growing up and I think Saturn and Mars being conjunct angles heavily contributes to this. You will have more than your fair share of obstacles with whatever you pursue. However, with hard work, persistence and determination in addition to keeping a good attitude of hope and faith, I believe you can do anything you set your mind to. Life is too short to not pursue your dreams and you will regret it later if you don't at least try. I am not saying to abandon vet school, I know that with the ruler of the MC in the 2nd house conjunct the moon, personal income is a primary emotional concern to you and you won't be satisfied with a low income. Perhaps try singing on the weekends and evenings and see how the audience reacts and what doors may open. Even if you don't sing professionally, singing can always be a hobby that will bring you joy.

Cascada

Hi Cascada,

I received your PM and took a look at your chart. I am a professional musician (piano player) not a professional singer but musical talent is shown the same way in a chart in any case.

Usually when Neptune is connected to the MC in some way the person has the potential for becoming successful in music (people without this connection can still be successful but I find they must work a lot harder and overcome more obstacles). Neptune makes a trine to your MC 8 degrees and the MC ruler Venus makes a wide trine 9 degrees to Neptune so you do have a potential skill there. Moreover, Neptune conjunct Uranus in the fifth both connected to the MC shows a lot of creativity/ originality/ out of the box thinking that should be used in your career.

Regarding the North hemisphere emphasis, I find that this does not mean that these people are necessarily uncomfortable with the spotlight or performing (Julia Roberts is an excellent example) but they are very private and subjective. They don't like their personal lives being out on display.

Venus is also an important planet for singing, entertainment and the performing arts. MC ruler Venus makes a sesquiquadrate 2 degrees to your MC degree which contributes to your ability to become a singer.

As you said, you had a difficult time growing up and I think Saturn and Mars being conjunct angles heavily contributes to this. You will have more than your fair share of obstacles with whatever you pursue. However, with hard work, persistence and determination in addition to keeping a good attitude of hope and faith, I believe you can do anything you set your mind to. Life is too short to not pursue your dreams and you will regret it later if you don't at least try. I am not saying to abandon vet school, I know that with the ruler of the MC in the 2nd house conjunct the moon, personal income is a primary emotional concern to you and you won't be satisfied with a low income. Perhaps try singing on the weekends and evenings and see how the audience reacts and what doors may open. Even if you don't sing professionally, singing can always be a hobby that will bring you joy.

Thank you so much :) you have lifted my spirits up, especially about the northern hemisphere thing, I thought it would be a major problem for me. I'm definitely gonna keep believing in my dream.

Cascada

Also, Barbra Streisand has an empty southern hemisphere, except for exalted Venus Pisces in the 12th.

Became much less comfortable about singing in concert only in recent years, but performed a ton in her time! Also, very private about her personal life, but with well-placed Venus, talk about an otherworldly set of pipes. That woman can sing.

Yes, and she's also socially anxious like me :)