Doubts- 5th and 11th houses

LadyBella

Hello all,

I am in doubt about the meanings of these houses : 5th and 11th
I thought that lottery would be ruled by the 5th house (gamblings) but I think I am wrong, I don't remember where I read that for lottery you have to check the 11th house. Another doubt is, nightclubs, which house is it ruled ? by 5th of joy and fun or 11th of groups and people ?

thank you

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello all,

I am in doubt about the meanings of these houses : 5th and 11th
I thought that lottery would be ruled by the 5th house (gamblings) but I think I am wrong, I don't remember where I read that for lottery you have to check the 11th house. Another doubt is, nightclubs, which house is it ruled ? by 5th of joy and fun or 11th of groups and people ?

thank you

You may cease doubting. Both are the domain of the 5th house.

This is an excerpt from Deb Houlding's Skyscript at

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h5.html
Main Rulerships:
Children, pregnancy, pregnant women, sex of the unborn child. The health and condition of children. If afflicted, trouble and distress from children.
Love affairs, romance, lovemaking, sex, procreation and conception. If afflicted, promiscuity, sexual inhibition, immorality, overindulgence and scandals.
Pleasure, gifts and all pleasant things. Items purchased for the purpose of pleasure and enjoyment. The arts and muses. Dancing, music, merriment. Clothes, fineries and rich, luxurious things.
Horse-racing, betting on sport, lotteries and all forms of gambling and speculation. Speculation on the stock market is often assigned here but where the investment is based upon financial or business decisions the 2nd house has more relevance. Although Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson popularised the notion that it rules speculation on the stock market, she defined its influence as ruling "everything whose outcome is a matter of chance" ([SHA], p.163).
It rules places associated with games and sport such as sporting arenas, resorts, gymnasiums. Also banquets, inns, pubs, taverns, theatres and plays, parks; all places of entertainment and enjoyment. Parties and social occasions; feasts. Matters associated with the leisure industry and those who work in the arts.