Kurt Kobain and Courtney Love

Jesusistheway

I was interested to see what kind of composite chart Kurt Kobain and Courtney Love would have but I couldn't find anything, maybe my research skills are nil right now. Well I wondering what you fellow astrologers can take from analyzing their davison chart. They have a grand trine together but I wonder what factor played a part in destructive, obsessive tendencies that may have had a part in Kurt Kobain's passing. I wonder if this is even the right chart for this analyzation.

Attachments

• astro_64gw_01_02_kurt_kobain_courtney_love.79991.11836.jpg
    astro_64gw_01_02_kurt_kobain_courtney_love.79991.11836.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 88

gemini59

They have a t-square too of saturn uranus pluto to venus/mars...on again off again, obsession, restriction, freedom

It would be interesting if you could post the synastry chart and list some of their aspects. A composite chart can done, but we only look at the midpoints of the two Sun's, Mercury, Venus, Mars etc and no houses. The aspects they form may reveal something about the relationship as a whole. Transits to both natal charts and composite chart at the time of Cobain's death would be a fascinating study. If I grab enough time I could do the charts, but I need to reload my Kepler for the synastry charts; the astrodienst charts get complicated to read without numbers and I just read off the apsect grid in Kepler. I was wanting to look at these charts in more depth for study purposes.

Cobain did have a lot of negativity and it was linked to mental illness, two uncles had apparently committed suicide with Gun's and there was a history of mental illness in the family. It's sad to leave children behind, maybe look at her chart too. His Mercury-Pluto did keep him obsessed with thoughts of death and his mentality was heavy and depressive.

These people tend to defensively and compulsively maintain their ideas. To change an idea to consider something in a different way, is to risk emotional insecurity and a sense of powerlessness - By Jeff Green
If you die you're completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I'm not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got.
Kurt Cobain

Kurt Cobain's Natal Chart

Notes
-Grand water trine
-(powerful emphasis on water element)
-Moon is own sign (Cancer)
-Mercury in fall (Pisces)
-Venus exalted (Pisces)
-Mars own sign (Scorpio)
-Jupiter exalted (Cancer)

-4 Neptune trines
-4 Jupiter trines (Jupiter trine Neptune)
-Sun in Pisces square Neptune
-Fraught oppositions across Virgo and Pisces involving Uranus-Pluto
-self vs others
-7th house powerful
-Mars in Scorpio conjunct SN
-Mercury opposite Uranus-Pluto
-Chiron trine Neptune EXACT

Venus Aspects

-Venus sandwiched between Chiron-Saturn in the 7th house.
-Venus opposite Uranus-Pluto
-Venus trine Jupiter-Neptune

South Node Scorpio 2nd house and North Node Taurus 8th house: The trap of the SN in Scorpio in the 2nd house is that you come to expect these changes in your resources and to dwell on the pain associated with each loss. Your self-esteem will begin to suffer if you believe that these changes occur because you are not worthy as an individual; that is, if you were good enough, you would be able to experience stability in your life.

By Kevin Burke

[deleted overly long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Courtney Love Natal Chart

Notes:
-Mutable t-square Mercury-Saturn-Uranus
-Mercury in Gemini apex of t-square in 9th house
-Mercury own sign
-Mars detriment in Taurus
-9th house powerful

-Sun Conjunct Moon square Pluto
-Sun square Chiron
-Moon square Saturn-Uranus
-Mercury conjunct Mars
-Mercury square Saturn
-Venus trine Saturn (TIGHT)
-Mars detriment 8th house opposite Neptune
-Jupiter opposite Neptune
-Saturn in Pisces opposite Uranus-Pluto

South Node Capricorn in 4th house: The trap of the SN is that you may get caught up in family responsibilities and in believing that you have to take care of your personal private life that you aren't able to explore your individual path, your public life, and your career. You must learn to accept the help and emotional support of others - Kevin Burke.

It might be worth exploring the charts separately and then look at how they come together. :smile:

Jesusistheway

Sorry for the late post. I don't know why I would spell Cobain with a K, duh!
Anyway, attached is the synastry chart between them for you Kurt and hopefully Courtney fans too.

Attachments

• astro_61gw_02_03_kurt_cobain_courtney_love.13552.15836.jpg
    astro_61gw_02_03_kurt_cobain_courtney_love.13552.15836.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 46

Courtney Love

Sorry for the late post. I don't know why I would spell Cobain with a K, duh!
Anyway, attached is the synastry chart between them for you Kurt and hopefully Courtney fans too.

eh, Kurt loved to play around with the spelling of his name, my favorite was Kurdt. I know he killed himself, but for some reason I am reluctant to call him mentally ill because of the drugs. Heroin just raped him, and his world came crashing down on him and Courtney was threatening to take the baby from him, and it seemed like a terrible time that, had he stayed in rehab, would have passed. His last solar return is interesting too... really telling with that all of that 7 and 8th house energy... (he was in europe, on tour around modena italy)

Their marriage chart was also bad, tough tough times...

Since Miss Saturn was captured by the police :biggrin:. I will have to finish her work on this thread. I will be back with thoughts on their Mutable-Mutable type relationship. I think it's an important part of the synastry, but I will do some reading up on how they related, etc. And see if I can connect the dots.

Jesusistheway

eh, Kurt loved to play around with the spelling of his name, my favorite was Kurdt. I know he killed himself, but for some reason I am reluctant to call him mentally ill because of the drugs. Heroin just raped him, and his world came crashing down on him and Courtney was threatening to take the baby from him, and it seemed like a terrible time that, had he stayed in rehab, would have passed. His last solar return is interesting too... really telling with that all of that 7 and 8th house energy... (he was in europe, on tour around modena italy)

Their marriage chart was also bad, tough tough times...

Did you know that Kurt and Courtney were both on Ritalin at a very early age of about 5 years old? I read it in Heavier than Heaven, which was an autobiography. That is way too young to be prescribing medicine for someone at that age. It said he was hyperactive, plus his parent's split and that had a grave effect on his mind, he always wanted a nuclear family.

Last edited:

Jesusistheway

Since Miss Saturn was captured by the police :biggrin:. I will have to finish her work on this thread. I will be back with thoughts on their Mutable-Mutable type relationship. I think it's an important part of the synastry, but I will do some reading up on how they related, etc. And see if I can connect the dots.

Awesome! Will wait for the connected dots, though I'm afraid it won't be good news :unsure:

Hush10

I know he killed himself, but for some reason I am reluctant to call him mentally ill because of the drugs. Heroin just raped him, and his world came crashing down on him

I hate the conspiracists who say that he was 'murdered' at Courtney's request, and all this other b.s. I believe he was planning to kill himself for many years. He was constantly unhappy, save for when he used to go out with Tracy Marander, who was a very nurturing person. As for the drugs. You take a person who's already in a negative frame of mind and you give them mind-altering drugs - the result is a no-brainer.

[...] and it seemed like a terrible time that, had he stayed in rehab, would have passed. [...]

Even if it had passed, he still would have needed the underlying psychological strength to be be upfront and assertive about aspects of his life he wished to amend. Michael Stipe said that, shortly before he died, Kurt had hoped to take Nirvana's music in a softer, more acoustic direction. Kurt's Saturn Return was heavier (and more publicly lived out) than most and it seemed to bring the expression of his natal Saturn in the 7th to the fore.

His last solar return is interesting too... really telling with that all of that 7 and 8th house energy... (he was in europe, on tour around modena italy)

That tour was catastrophic. He actually died - before being revived by an astute Courtney - in his hotel room in Rome, so he was already on a slippery slope. If Everett True's and Charles R. Cross' chronicles are to be believed, Kurt felt trapped by the people around him (mostly the band) and his contractual obligations to Geffen at that time - very 7th and 8th House-oriented.

Last edited:

Hush10

Did you know that Kurt and Courtney were both on Ritalin at a very early age of about 5 years old? I read it in Heavier than Heaven, which was an autobiography. That is way too young to be prescribing medicine for someone at that age. It said he was hyperactive, plus his parent's split and that had a grave effect on his mind, he always wanted a nuclear family.

American physicians are notorious for being quick to medicate young children - even as recently as the '90s. It's a 'band aid' solution. They can't accept that a child may simply be naturally energetic and uninterested in certain activities. A greater cause for concern would be if a child was sedentary and catatonic, IMO. If I had been raised in the States, I shudder to think what pills they would have forced me to guzzle down.

It's funny how quite a few of the late '60s-born people had fragmented upbringings and general discord. That Uranus/Pluto in Virgo generation. Eddie Vedder, Layne Staley (of Alice in Chains), Kirsten Hersch, Chris Cornell (Soundgarden), Dave Grohl, Axl Rose, etc.

Chris Cornell was born only a couple of weeks after Courtney Love and his personal life hasn't been that smooth either. Having said that, I think Courtney Love is a bit of a basket case. Chris seems 10 times more 'together' than her.