Astrology Quotes,

Moog

Lord Shiva and Devi Parvathi were telling Lord Murugan about time and it's uncertainty. Lord Murugan told Lord Shiva that he was aware of a way to predict the future. Lord Shiva was pleased and asked Murugan to predict Lord Shiva's future. Lord Murugan told Lord Shiva about Astrology and said that according to it, Lord Shiva would prove his supremacy over Lord Brahma. Lord Shiva was greatly impressed.But, Lord Murugan added, Lord Shiva also had the fate to roam the earth as a beggar. Lord Shiva was greatly angered by this and cursed that Astrology would only be half true from then on. But, Lord Shiva himself was unable to overcome his fate and had to roam the earth as a beggar eventually.

http://www.onlyhinduism.com/2012/02/why-is-astrology-not-accurate.html

Moog

“Most people live in a myth and grow violently angry if anyone dares to tell them the truth about themselves.”
— Robert Anton Wilson

astro11

"Seeing our confusion, ancient sages like Parashara, Jaimini and Bhrigu bestowed the great intuitive science of astrology on humankind. In India astrology is called the "eye of the Veda" because with its help we are no longer blind to the forces of karma that drive our lives and determine the circumstances we live in, as well as shaping our attitudes and relationships. The sages themselves don't need astrology because they can see directly into the heart of reality. But astrology is like a prosthetic limb for the rest of us who are confined to far more limited states of awareness. It allows us to foresee the challenges and opportunities ahead as we pass (or fail) the curricula of the Cosmic University."
- Linda Johnsen, A Thousand Suns

"Astrology is a language. If you understand this language, the sky speaks to you."
- Dane Rudhyar

Moog

"I think tropical astrology has poetic value and Jyotisha has predictive value; at some point the student has to choose a path." - Barbara Pijan

mr1234

1358050.png

More: http://motivateme.in/inspiring-quotes-on-astrology/

Last edited:

Cor

Re: Astrology Quotes, (De Vore's)

Having looked online (via google) at all the occurrences of:

"Shakespeare said, in the person of King Lear…”The stars above govern our condition.” He follows that with “I was born sir, when the Crab was ascending: all my affairs go backwards.”

it has become clear that there are many monkeys who imitate without ascertaining the truth of the matter, just copy and paste.

This is how knowledge is destroyed.

First, the quote above in entirety is from Nicholas DeVore's,
Encyclopedia of Astrology, I have it here in front of me,
the 2005 edition. (originally published in 1947).
I have yet to see it credited by the people who quote
it on their websites, blogs, etc.

However, the quote is incorrect. First, it was never King Lear who stated "The stars above govern our condition", rather, Kent. Which appears to be an error of De Vore or his editor. Then people pass it on as if it were an inviolable truth, never bothering to determine accuracy. Second, I am unable to find anywhere "I was born Sir, when the Crab was ascending: all my affairs go backwards." And I have King Lear here too. What gives? If anyone knows the actual Shakespeare play, if it is so, please share.

What I find disturbing is how many people on their little blogs repeat the statement, primarily, WITHOUT crediting De Vore; secondly, ERRONEOUSLY,
as the original by De Vore was in error. And thus 'knowledge" is shared via the internet, rather, convoluted and diluted by lack of discernment.

Ugh.

Do your research, do not just pass on what others say because they say it.

This is the case with more websites than just this one.

Humanitarian

There shall be signs in the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars. ~Jesus Christ

A child is born on that day and at that hour when the celestial rays are in mathematical harmony with his individual karma.* ~Sri Yukteswar
Thank you a lot to this quote of Jesus Christ, because I finally find the compatibility between Chrisitianity and astrology now due to you...