What's more accurate house system?

airy

I'm assuming you use Placidus :smile:
That's the default on astro.com and most sites

I use Placidus and have checked out Equal house, but that's about it. I suppose you suggest I try all the different ones astro.com has to offer, I'll check them out!

airy

Check out viewing your chart using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES option :smile:

This is interesting, since it shifts my planets once more. Pluto from 9th to 10th (this seems to happen in any system that is not Placiuds) and Jupiter from the 12th to the 1st. The 12th house stellium stays, regardless of what chart system I use, lol. I would think trying out different house systems and comparing what they say in accordance to my life in order to define which system is best for me.

JUPITERASC

This is interesting, since it shifts my planets once more.

Pluto from 9th to 10th
(this seems to happen in any system that is not Placiuds)
Not everyone is aware it seems
that
the definition of the word 'planet'
is WHY PLUTO IS NO LONGER A PLANET
http://www.universetoday.com/13573/w...nger-a-planet/

thread discussion on that topic at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80531

sun-etc.jpg

JUPITERASC

and Jupiter from the 12th to the 1st.
That's quite a change
The 12th house stellium stays, regardless of what chart system I use, lol.
Your time of birth is unlikely to be precise
experiment with a chart that is earlier :smile:
than the time stated on the birth certificate

I would think trying out different house systems
and comparing what they say in accordance to my life
in order to define which system is best for me.
That's a good idea

airy

Oh, in my particular opinion I like using Pluto. I know every individual who practices astrology can differ greatly with their techniques and particular views and I'm respectful of that in every sense. I'm going with intuition here, and Pluto simply feels adequate enough to be a presence in my life.

Hmm, I have in fact tried different birth times, I did so last evening once your suggestion for different house systems sparked my need to experiment. If I go earlier (too early, in my opinion) I turn into an Aquarius AC, the thing is, I look extremely like Pisces or at least generate a very Pisces-like first impression, so my reference point is going back as early as Pisces AC begins. I'm quite early in this AC, at 2 degrees, so I *think* birth time is accurate-ish. I guess I could also be an Aqua AC at 29 degrees. I've even tried going a little bit ahead. Unfortunately, changing my birth time, even by going earlier still does not change my dreaded 12th house positions very much. It's pretty packed with the Sun, Mercury, Uranus and Neptune huddled in there, and they don't really happen to be at the beginning/end of said house, mostly being in the middle, therefore their chances of moving are diminished. Only Jupiter and Neptune are on the edges, so that explains things like Jupiter moving from 12th to the 1st. In equal houses, Neptune goes to the 11th. I would love it if all of these 12th house planets were not there since I know they can be quite the negative influence in one's life, but it seems like no matter what I do, they're stubborn to remain.

JUPITERASC

Oh, in my particular opinion I like using Pluto.
I know every individual who practices astrology can differ greatly with their techniques and particular views
and I'm respectful of that in every sense.
I'm going with intuition here, and Pluto simply feels adequate enough to be a presence in my life.

Hmm, I have in fact tried different birth times,
I did so last evening once your suggestion for different house systems sparked my need to experiment.
If I go earlier (too early, in my opinion) I turn into an Aquarius AC,
the thing is, I look extremely like Pisces or at least generate a very Pisces-like first impression,
so my reference point is going back as early as Pisces AC begins. I'm quite early in this AC, at 2 degrees,
so I *think* birth time is accurate-ish.
I guess I could also be an Aqua AC at 29 degrees.
I've even tried going a little bit ahead.
Unfortunately, changing my birth time, even by going earlier still does not change my dreaded 12th house positions very much.
It's pretty packed with the Sun, Mercury, Uranus and Neptune huddled in there,
and they don't really happen to be at the beginning/end of said house,
mostly being in the middle, therefore their chances of moving are diminished.
Only Jupiter and Neptune are on the edges,
so that explains things like Jupiter moving from 12th to the 1st. In equal houses,
Neptune goes to the 11th.
I would love it if all of these 12th house planets were not there
since I know they can be quite the negative influence in one's life,
but it seems like no matter what I do, they're stubborn to remain.
Having a Pisces appearance does not necessarily = having a Pisces ascendant :smile:
as RON BIPPUS 40 YEAR RESEARCH shows
Physical appearance indications
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

airy

Having a Pisces appearance does not necessarily = having a Pisces ascendant :smile:
as RON BIPPUS 40 YEAR RESEARCH shows
Physical appearance indications
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

That's a lot of info xD I think I'd be having a hard time knowing which time is the one that's truly exact for my birth. The only thing I know is that I have a super strong Pisces influence on the AC, beyond appearance (I have soft, youthful facial features) people always seem to think I'm so kind, gentle and naive upon first impressions, which I associate to Pisces. When I move the time into me having an Aqua AC, Neptune seems a little far from being within 30 degrees of the AC. Jupiter is always close, and Jupiter does rule Pisces so maybe that's causing the influence. But who knows, I am new-ish to astrology after all so there's still a lot to discover.

JUPITERASC

That's a lot of info xD I think I'd be having a hard time knowing which time is the one that's truly exact for my birth. The only thing I know is that I have a super strong Pisces influence on the AC, beyond appearance (I have soft, youthful facial features) people always seem to think I'm so kind, gentle and naive upon first impressions, which I associate to Pisces. When I move the time into me having an Aqua AC, Neptune seems a little far from being within 30 degrees of the AC. Jupiter is always close, and Jupiter does rule Pisces so maybe that's causing the influence.
But who knows, I am new-ish to astrology after all so there's still a lot to discover.
RECTIFICATION TIPS :smile:

- VERIFYING ASCENDANT/DESCENDANT/MC/IC ANGLES http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

Eva2906

I don't think the house systems are really all that different, honestly. It's not like a 6th house sun goes to a 10th house sun. It's just somewhere around the 5th, 6th, or 7th. Which are all houses that lead into each other. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd house are all very different but they all have to do with the self. So if you have a planet that's jumping places in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd just know that it's affecting the selfish part of your life and that's it. Don't stress about it.

My Saturn is in the 3rd house in placidus, 4th house in equal, and 5th house is vedic. Saturn in those houses all mean different things, but essentially, saturn is restricting the value to the self area of my life (I think the houses blend together). 3rd house is how you communicate, 4th is who you are at home, the 5th house is your expression. Anyone of them fit for me. My Saturn aspects my Sun, Moon, and Mercury which very much reflects having Saturn in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. 3rd and Mercury are kind of the same thing. Moon and 4th are kind of the same thing. 5th and sun are kind of the same thing.

I find that the same themes in my chart come up no matter what astrology interpretation. The themes that are random are probably just not important (I've used chinese, sidereal, western, placidus, equal, whole sign...)
Yes they're all a little different, but who cares. Each astrology is a different piece of the puzzle and you gotta put them together to get the best info. Sidereal is like destiny, western is more psychology, chinese is just something else and the house systems – I'm not sure what each of them mean LOL... They're just different ways of figuring out you. A great thing about different house systems is that the planets that don't change houses even after trying out different systems definitely mean that they should be where they are. That's a piece to figuring out that one main theme of your chart. Like my neptune is 100% in the 1st house.

I think the key to different systems is to try and figure out what the chart is trying to tell you about who you are. And you can definitely find it when looking at all the different forms of astrology. The things that change or you can't understand are probably not that important because the things that are important probably don't change. Or maybe it's saying that your personality can be either of those things; it's just up to you to decide.

I think it's weird that people try to understand themselves and then try to fit or mold a chart to fit their personality when actually the chart is supposed to help them understand themselves.

Astrology is loose and fluid just like your personality.

I think this is a fantastic response . I’ve been going back and forth with different house systems for some time now and I’m reaching the same conclusion. Like you say the planets don’t jump that far away and I can relate to the interpretations in all the systems. My Saturn moves from the first house in Placidus to the second house in equal , WH, Koch and porphyry and I can feel it in both. My Mercury is either in the second or third but what I find is that if I lose a planet in a house it’s emphasized somewhere else - nothing is lost and the general picture emerges whichever house system you use. I’m starting to relax with this idea now and not let the search for ‘the one’ spoil my passion for the subject. I also feel that different systems can be used for different purposes eg placidus for psychological, jungian astrology, Koch for timings, porphyry for evolutionary and whole signs more for topics and the different areas of life. Its great to keep explorong an ever fascinating subject.