Age of Aquarius

Opal

Premium Member
If the path of the sun moves one degree, regularly......then eventually the sun would hit each pole every day......what would are climate be like through the year......?

Burgoyne writes of it......

david starling

In my reading, I believe that there is a Great Year beyond as well. The 25,920 years allotted to a full set of the ages is not enough for the study of the ages. It is not long enough for a study of the Ages. Each set of 25,920 (A Great Year) would each also have to have a representative of the Zodiac.

Here are the numbers of Precession and an interesting site.

5 - 6 - 12 - 30 - 72 -360 - 2,160 - 25,920

http://www.graveworm.com/occult/precess/

I have recently read that the great great age is called a perihelion.

I have been reading two books recently, I am not done either, but, I am totally immersed in them both for differing reasons.

The first and the most fascinating to me is Thomas H Burgoyne's The Light of Egypt volume 1 & 2.

The second is The Gnostic Circle written by Patricia Norelli-Bachelet.

And yes, the book on Mayan history.....

Burgoyne's Chapter 5 feeds my obsession with the Key of Mysteries. He refers to it as La Clef Hermetique. What I find amazing about the Key of Mysteries are its similarities to Stonehenge. If you were to go to Google Maps or Earth to Stonehenge, you will notice that off to the Northeast is what could be seen as the shaft of the key.

http://cartedatrionfi.tripod.com/RotaTaro.html

On this site you can see my favorite version of the Key of Mysteries, it is the one with the number 10 on the outside of the circle. The number 10 is beside the sign of Man/Aquarius, Eagle/Scorpio, Lion/Leo and the Bull/Taurus.

What I see when I look at them together is a probable means of determining the Ages. When you look at the bits of the Key and the end of the shaft, you see the representatives of all of the signs of the zodiac. I believe that when we look at Stonehenge we are missing part of the show by not observing what is going on at the bits of the Key.

Norelli-Bachelet has considered what is called perihelion, I have not noticed that she uses that word yet, it does not mean that she doesn't, I just haven't noticed it. She has a diagram of 12 sets of the full ages.

Both Burgoyne and N.B. are educated in the Yugas.

Have a nice day! Opal
http://www.astrologersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=1255#top

I'm using the precession of the Earth's Perihelion for the tropical Ages. Takes about 21,000 years for the full cycle, which is 1750 years per tropical Age. The Perihelion used sidereally takes about 108,000 years, full cycle.
To me, there's no mystery about when an Age begins, although there is disagreement. Simply designate your Age-indicator and track it through your zodiac using your Sign-boundary locations. In sidereal astrology, others will have differing Sign-boundary locations which results in differing Age-start dates. I am partial to those who use the same zodiacal Sign-boundaries for the Ages that they use for all the other indicators --Sun, Moon, etc.

Last edited:

david starling

I believe there is a "cusp" of the ages.....some more, some less abrupt......seemingly dependent on the size of the overlap of the constellations.

The Taurus to Aries overlap was short and over....Pisces to Aquarius has a large overlap.....

What if 0 AD is not a correct year?

Seriously consider what Uranus denotes, what Neptune denotes and secondarily what their traditional planets Saturn and Jupiter respectively denote.......

Think with your heart and astrological mind.......:wink:

Opal

Are you using an equal-Sign sidereal zodiac? Or, one with unequal divisions that fit the various extents of the constellations?

JUPITERASC

In my reading, I believe that there is a Great Year beyond as well. The 25,920 years allotted to a full set of the ages is not enough for the study of the ages. It is not long enough for a study of the Ages. Each set of 25,920 (A Great Year) would each also have to have a representative of the Zodiac.

Here are the numbers of Precession and an interesting site.

5 - 6 - 12 - 30 - 72 -360 - 2,160 - 25,920

http://www.graveworm.com/occult/precess/

I have recently read that the great great age is called a perihelion.

I have been reading two books recently, I am not done either, but, I am totally immersed in them both for differing reasons.

The first and the most fascinating to me is Thomas H Burgoyne's The Light of Egypt volume 1 & 2.

The second is The Gnostic Circle written by Patricia Norelli-Bachelet.

And yes, the book on Mayan history.....

Burgoyne's Chapter 5 feeds my obsession with the Key of Mysteries. He refers to it as La Clef Hermetique. What I find amazing about the Key of Mysteries are its similarities to Stonehenge. If you were to go to Google Maps or Earth to Stonehenge, you will notice that off to the Northeast is what could be seen as the shaft of the key.

http://cartedatrionfi.tripod.com/RotaTaro.html

On this site you can see my favorite version of the Key of Mysteries, it is the one with the number 10 on the outside of the circle. The number 10 is beside the sign of Man/Aquarius, Eagle/Scorpio, Lion/Leo and the Bull/Taurus.

What I see when I look at them together is a probable means of determining the Ages. When you look at the bits of the Key and the end of the shaft, you see the representatives of all of the signs of the zodiac. I believe that when we look at Stonehenge we are missing part of the show by not observing what is going on at the bits of the Key.

Norelli-Bachelet has considered what is called perihelion, I have not noticed that she uses that word yet, it does not mean that she doesn't, I just haven't noticed it. She has a diagram of 12 sets of the full ages.

Both Burgoyne and N.B. are educated in the Yugas.

Have a nice day! Opal

Yugas_19508.jpg

yuga-.jpg

Opal

Premium Member
Are you using an equal-Sign sidereal zodiac? Or, one with unequal divisions that fit the various extents of the constellations?

Hi David, and Jupiter Asc....

It depends on what I am doing. Usually for natal, I like the Placidus method.

I guess I should tell you a bit about me. I am not an astrologer. I am a studier of astrology. I know more about astrology, than anyone I know personally, but, that doesn't say much for my acquaintances knowledge of astrology. I do not generally do readings. I am not really comfortable telling people things. My library is rather large, okay really large.

My husband is metaphysical in many ways, we suit each other. We have been together over 35 years and worked together for over 25 years. We both have Uranus exactly square our ascendant. With other exact aspects to it. As it says of the square aspect, we look normalish, but, we aren't. That's what people say anyway..... We are inventors, but, we haven't got any to market. Uranus, Mercury, Jupiter and Asc for me are all aspected tightly at 24 or 25.....

My obsession is Precession.

As for the type of chart used, I am more interested in the numbers of precession being used to arrive at ideas. They gave us the numbers. Whether they should be used for what system is not clear. But what is clear, is that the numbers are what they gave us.

Whatever system you choose to use, do the numbers of precession work? If they don't.....then....to me they don't......I am here to talk and bounce thoughts off of you and others......without, anger, bullying or egocentric ****......I am hoping to find other like minded people.

Jupiter Asc.....You are able to do what I can't....your images.....not sure what I want to see right this second.....but I know I will want to see things similar to what you draw up....

Do you know the line from the Bible....That house not made with hands....forever in the heavens......I think that is the houses or house of the Precession of the Equinoxes....

Later.....Opal

david starling

Interesting! I also have :uranus: Square my Asc (2 degree orb). And, I am obsessed with the astrological Ages that result from Precession, both the Precession of the Equinox and Precession of the Perihelion. :biggrin:

Opal

Premium Member
Interesting! I also have :uranus: Square my Asc (2 degree orb). And, I am obsessed with the astrological Ages that result from Precession, both the Precession of the Equinox and Precession of the Perihelion. :biggrin:

I am from the 9th Leo Scorpio asc in Western astrology.....Libra sun.....That is interesting.....funny......the cosmos has its ways.....:happy:

david starling

Here's something you might find interesting. The approximately 26,000 year Precession of the Equinox has what astrologers consider Retrograde motion through a zodiac affixed to the constellations, and it's in early constellation Pisces moving "backwards" toward constellational Aquarius. But, the around 108,000 year cycle of Precession of the Perihelion has Direct-motion relative to the constellations. It's currently in the middle of the constellation Sagittarius, just opposite the star, Sirius.

Opal

Premium Member
Here's something you might find interesting. The approximately 26,000 year Precession of the Equinox has what astrologers consider Retrograde motion through a zodiac affixed to the constellations, and it's in early constellation Pisces moving "backwards" toward constellational Aquarius. But, the around 108,000 year cycle of Precession of the Perihelion has Direct-motion relative to the constellations. It's currently in the middle of the constellation Sagittarius, just opposite the star, Sirius.

So where are you finding perihelion data.....? yes, I am interested:lol:

david starling

The approximately 108,000 year cycle of Earth's Perihelion through the constellations is also in line with #9. It's Direct-motion, whereas Precession of the Equinox is Retrograde.

Opal

Premium Member
The yugas and other systems, also have a nine base. I did make a mistake though....5 and 12 do not add up to 9, but, regardless the number nine does seem to figure strongly. I will show some numbers from Burgoyne and Norelli later, when I have time.....number 9 again......

david starling

The yugas and other systems, also have a nine base. I did make a mistake though....5 and 12 do not add up to 9, but, regardless the number nine does seem to figure strongly. I will show some numbers from Burgoyne and Norelli later, when I have time.....number 9 again......

The Yugas are subject to so much disagreement as to duration and start-dates, as well as the cause (meaning the astronomical basis), I much prefer the Astrological Ages for long-term explanations. At least we know where they're coming from.

david starling

Have you seen the results of the Fibonacci sequence when applied Astrologically?

Opal

Premium Member
The approximately 108,000 year cycle of Earth's Perihelion through the constellations is also in line with #9. It's Direct-motion, whereas Precession of the Equinox is Retrograde.

I like this....like alternating current.......so that beyond Perihelion would be retrograde again......then direct......then retrograde.......