Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 01-02-2017, 07:00 AM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
.....

_______________


Last edited by sylph; 04-11-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 01-02-2017, 04:16 PM
sibylline's Avatar
sibylline sibylline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 2,233
Re: Coping with Neptune

I don't use sign = houses = planets like Pullen so in my view Pisces is not a major influence in this chart. Neptune is making several aspects but only one major difficult/hard aspect. Your issues come primarily from Venus and Jupiter.

Venus in the 1st in Libra, is square Neptune (escapism), and rules the 8th Taurus Moon (security through the senses) opposite Pluto (compulsion). Jupiter is an exact conjunction with the ASC (body/approach to life) ruler and conjunct the Ascendant from the 12th house (unconscious and undoing). Jupiter rules the 6th which is concerned with habits and diet. Mars in Cancer is most elevated and square Jupiter, indicating emotional overindulgence.

Saturn in 5th is at the apex of the T-square in the 5th and trine Venus so in fact you do have the ability to be more prudent in your eating habits. Have you tried taking up a practical hobby that is enjoyable but strenuous enough to keep you interested (and maybe physically active)?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sibylline For This Useful Post:
sylph (01-03-2017)
  #3  
Unread 01-02-2017, 05:15 PM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Coping with Neptune

Thank you!! I am so used to feeling "Neptunish" that I tend to just chalk all of my problems up to that. But this actually makes a lot of sense, and gets to the root of the issue. I really do appreciate your clear insight.

As far as practical and active hobbies, well.. I do exercise daily, but that's not the same. I have never really had any sort of hobby or, like I said before, positive outlet. I would probably attribute that to Saturn in the 5th, as I tend to shy away from anything that might be labeled "enjoyable." I know, I'm really fun haha

Last edited by sylph; 04-11-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 01-02-2017, 05:49 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,646
Re: Coping with Neptune

Hi,

Actually, I do not really understand why you feel so Neptunian. The only two planets your Neptune closely aspects (which means that its influence would be more intense) are Venus and the Moon. Luckily, though, for you, both those personal planets are dignified (strongly placed) in the signs they are in, which gives them more inherent power. The Moon can normally be quite gullible to Neptune. However, not only is your Moon strong, as said, it is also kept in reality check by your Saturn (strong too in Aquarius), whose aspect to it is much tighter than Neptune's. Saturn also keeps your Venus in check. You have nothing to worry about. Another thing that beautifully tackles your Neptune is your Mercury, which is strong in Virgo and rules your being (your Asc.).

The only two areas you might want to be careful about is money with Venus ruling your 2nd house. Also, with the Moon in the 8th and in aspect to your Neptune, don't even try drugs. Instead, if you want to ever be high, meditate as a strong Moon trined by Neptune is the perfect recipe for meditation.
__________________
We write our destiny through our own karma. That is the free will you have.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 01-02-2017, 06:40 PM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Coping with Neptune

It's not so much Neptune the planet that I feel I am affected by, but rather the 12th house. Truly, I wish I didn't have the experience of "sign = houses = planets," but the twelfth's influence in my life has felt very strong. However, I definitely agree with and feel all of the things you've noted as well.

It's interesting, most of the other astrologers I've talked to have not understood why I feel so affected by the 12th. I can only assume that, in the case of those using Placidus, this is because of the planets' closeness to the AC.

Last edited by sylph; 04-11-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 01-02-2017, 06:52 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,646
Re: Coping with Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
It's not so much Neptune the planet that I feel I am affected by, but rather the 12th house. Truly, I wish I didn't have the experience of "sign = houses = planets," but the twelfth's influence in my life has felt very strong.
So going by what you ascribe to: "sign = houses = planets", do you notice that your (12th house) planets are in Virgo?

Going by the same rule: "sign = houses = planets", Virgo = 6th house, so planets should actually have the very, very reality-based energy and influence of Virgo, which is an earth sign and so very grounded and realistic (exact opp. of Nep) and the 6th house. Correct?

Quote:
It's interesting, most of the other astrologers I've talked to have not understood why I feel so affected by the 12th.
Or perhaps you are reading too much into the 12th house and ascribing too much to it.

Your challenge of "buying too much into negative feelings" or morbidity is not much due to 12th house planets, which are in Virgo, but due to your 8th house Moon, its square to Saturn (pessimistic and fearful) and its opposition to Pluto (dark and morbid). Also, Virgo has the tendency to over analyse things in its quest to look for details and also to be too critical. You do have Sun (basic being), Merc. (thinking/ability to analyse) and also your Asc. in Virgo.
__________________
We write our destiny through our own karma. That is the free will you have.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 01-02-2017, 08:07 PM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Coping with Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Your challenge of "buying too much into negative feelings" or morbidity is not much due to 12th house planets, which are in Virgo, but due to your 8th house Moon, its square to Saturn (pessimistic and fearful) and its opposition to Pluto (dark and morbid). Also, Virgo has the tendency to over analyse things in its quest to look for details and also to be too critical. You do have Sun (basic being), Merc. (thinking/ability to analyse) and also your Asc. in Virgo.
I absolutely agree with everything here. What you've described re: my challenges is pretty spot-on.

I've always, however, been ungrounded and not "earthy" in the least. I feel as though I cannot connect to the physical realm. This is really where my confusion about my chart comes from.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 01-02-2017, 08:20 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,646
Re: Coping with Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
I absolutely agree with everything here. What you've described re: my challenges is pretty spot-on.

I've always, however, been ungrounded and not "earthy" in the least. I feel as though I cannot connect to the physical realm. This is really where my confusion about my chart comes from.
Whatever you say

However, you have three planets in the 12th house and 4 personal planets + your Asc. in earthy signs. Definitely the earthiness outweighs.

But I will tell you why you are so inclined towards the 12th house. Create a chart with natal and transits. You will find the answer in there.
__________________
We write our destiny through our own karma. That is the free will you have.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 01-02-2017, 08:51 PM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Coping with Neptune

You mean Neptune's transit through my 6th house? This 12th house sort of experience has been going on since before that began.

If I go back to when I feel it REALLY first started though - almost 11 years ago - Uranus was transiting my 6th house. Around that time transiting Pluto was also squaring my natal 12th house planets. Then there was Saturn's transit through the 12th for a few years. I don't know, do you really think this is all due to transits? It sure seems to be a longgg *** horrible punishment! I'm kind of joking, as I don't really feel as though these things are "punishments."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 01-02-2017, 09:21 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 5,646
Re: Coping with Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
You mean Neptune's transit through my 6th house? This 12th house sort of experience has been going on since before that began.

If I go back to when I feel it REALLY first started though - almost 11 years ago - Uranus was transiting my 6th house. Around that time transiting Pluto was also squaring my natal 12th house planets. Then there was Saturn's transit through the 12th for a few years. I don't know, do you really think this is all due to transits? It sure seems to be a longgg *** horrible punishment! I'm kind of joking, as I don't really feel as though these things are "punishments."
Neptune entered Pisces in Feb. 2012. But it entered Pisces for all of us. However, in your particular case, its energy is opposing all your *personal* Virgoan planets. In my case, for instance, I have zero planets in Virgo.

Now, following is how you described your challenge yourself, which you seem to be ascribing to the 12 house/Nep. Now, I can absolutely not agree with that because I follow traditional Astrology as far as house rulers go, and so Jupiter rules the 12th house. Not Neptune.

Now, you said:
Quote:
Neptune & Pisces are my #2 influences according to Pullen, so obviously I'm sensitive. I try not to absorb/internalize too much, but it takes a lot of work for me to create boundaries and be grounded. I barely even know how, those things just don't come naturally to me. I end up overeating at times due to my lack of proper boundaries and a buildup of negative/painful emotions. I'll be honest, this is the real reason I am upset (the overeating). With Virgo as my #1 influence, I absolutely cannot function when I lose control over myself.
"...it takes a lot of work for me to create boundaries and be grounded." Yes, I agree that it partly has to do with the 12th house and then partly also with Neptune-Moon and Nep-Venus, as already alluded. However, Saturn and Virgo force those very same planets to get their act together and create boundaries and stay grounded. This is the reason you REALize (Mercury in Virgo) at all that it is a lot of work (Saturn). You see how it is all balanced in your chart. There are people out there with those very same planets in PIsces in the 12th house. Yours is so much neater because Virgo is as opposite as it gets to Pisces. That is what I am trying to make you comprehend, and, I think you do actually.

"I end up overeating at times due to my lack of proper boundaries and"
The overeating part has nothing to do with those Virgo planets in the 12th house or Neptune. It has everything to do with the Taurus Moon (feel-good factor at all costs, and through food basically) in the 8th and Venus in Libra (balance what you lack)

"a buildup of negative/painful emotions."
We have already discussed how Moon in the 8th and Saturn-Moon contributes enough to that.
__________________
We write our destiny through our own karma. That is the free will you have.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
sylph (01-03-2017)
  #11  
Unread 01-02-2017, 11:46 PM
sylph's Avatar
sylph sylph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Re: Coping with Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
"I end up overeating at times due to my lack of proper boundaries and"
The overeating part has nothing to do with those Virgo planets in the 12th house or Neptune. It has everything to do with the Taurus Moon (feel-good factor at all costs, and through food basically) in the 8th and Venus in Libra (balance what you lack)

"a buildup of negative/painful emotions."
We have already discussed how Moon in the 8th and Saturn-Moon contributes enough to that.
Thank you. This has given me the clarity I was looking for. I now see that the balance of Virgo in the 12th house is just that -- balance.

This, especially, hits close to home: "feel-good factor at all costs" -- while I consider myself to be disciplined and not interested in seeking out pleasure through the senses, this is a subconscious programming I received. But, I know I will move beyond it.

Last edited by sylph; 04-11-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sylph For This Useful Post:
aquarius7000 (01-02-2017)
  #12  
Unread 01-07-2017, 12:21 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 54,615
Re: Coping with Neptune

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post

Thank you. This has given me the clarity I was looking for. I now see that the balance of Virgo in the 12th house is just that -- balance.

This, especially, hits close to home: "feel-good factor at all costs, and through food basically." While I generally consider myself to be disciplined and not interested in seeking out pleasure through the senses, this is a deep sort of ingrained pattern that I feel I have very little control over. But, I do believe that I can figure it out and move beyond it.

I'm really glad that I finally understand this from an astrological point of view (and feel kind of dumb for not getting it sooner)! My boyfriend has been trying to make me see this for while. He doesn't know anything about astrology, but he says that my problem stems from thinking that I must always feel "good"/be happy -- which in turn comes from my mother brainwashing me; I think she was terrified of feeling 'negative' emotions, and thus did everything she could to discourage me from the same.

I sort of wish I could change the name of this thread now since Neptune isn't to blame

Sylph in Western Astrology there are more than forty different house systems
and
not all Western astrologers use the same house system
some Western Astrologers use WHOLE SIGN HOUSES


The house location of a natal planet may change
dependent on the house system chosen


easily verify that fact at astro.com's EXTENDED CHART SELECTION PAGE

there, fourteen of the more popular house systems currently in use

are available options
Placidus is simply the default
to view for yourself how that works in practice
simply create your natal chart using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES option
then compare with your natal chart using Placidus option


Notice that your Virgo planets all shift to the 1st House
and Venus shifts to 2nd house
Saturn shifts to 6th house
Moon shifts to 9th house
Mars shifts to 11th house
and
There are no planets in 12th Whole sign house

Just another perspective to consider
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
sylph (01-07-2017)
Reply

Tags
coping, neptune

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.