Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 11-06-2016, 06:52 PM

Smile Re: Careers for the Sagittarius-Influenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I had a sense you did something practical
Hands-on, with tangible results. Also, no Earth-sign Planets, and it helps keep me grounded.

Last edited by david starling; 11-06-2016 at 06:54 PM.
Unread 11-07-2016, 01:13 AM

Re: Careers for the Sagittarius-Influenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Hands-on, with tangible results. Also, no Earth-sign Planets, and it helps keep me grounded.
Naturally m8. Is that why you see your Mars/Merc more in the 1st house?
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-07-2016)
Unread 11-07-2016, 06:20 AM

Smile Re: Careers for the Sagittarius-Influenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Naturally m8. Is that why you see your Mars/Merc more in the 1st house?
It took a conscious effort of will to switch my Life-path from the Placidus version to what is well-described by Whole-sign. The song "Gimme Shelter" says it all. Desperate times, desperate measures!

Last edited by david starling; 11-07-2016 at 06:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (11-08-2016)
Unread 01-28-2017, 01:44 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
I think the ideas about Cancer may need to be revamped. A lot of Cancers I know are great with tech, math, etc. I thought it was due to their proximity to Gemini but very few of the ones I know have any Gemini.
And which decanate do these tech and math Cancers have their suns in?

I just went to a talk about decanates--those ten degree divisions of signs. Not every single one of the 36 decanates (3 for each of the 12 signs) was covered, but I do remember hearing that the third decanate of Cancer (20-29 degrees) is associated with research. That instantly made me think of graay ghost, whose sun is in the third decanate of Cancer!
Unread 01-28-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
This is my bf's brother's chart. Any guesses on what his career might be? It is a good one for Sag types.
Hi,

The native of the chart is not a heavy Sagittarius. They only have a their Asc. and Mars in Sag. Now that might be confusing, but I don't bother with the signs of the outer/generational planets, just their aspects.

As far as the career of the native goes, he has Libra on the MC, with the ruler, Venus, in Libra (so highly dignified = strong). Anything concerning beauty and arts would suit the native (like fashion designing, interior decoration), or connected with the field of luxury, like designing expensive furniture, or even houses (with Cap Jupiter enhancing that Venus).

What is the native inclined toward? Apologies if you have mentioned that somewhere on the thread, as I haven't read any of the posts except the one with the chart of the brother.
Unread 01-28-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
And which decanate do these tech and math Cancers have their suns in?

I just went to a talk about decanates--those ten degree divisions of signs. Not every single one of the 36 decanates (3 for each of the 12 signs) was covered, but I do remember hearing that the third decanate of Cancer (20-29 degrees) is associated with research. That instantly made me think of graay ghost, whose sun is in the third decanate of Cancer!
Oh, hi! I was wondering who bumped this thread.

Checking the decans of those I mentioned earlier...

1. Decan 1
2. Decan 1
3. Decan 2
4. Decan 2
5. Decan 3

So one is in the third decan. Hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
Hi,

The native of the chart is not a heavy Sagittarius. They only have a their Asc. and Mars in Sag. Now that might be confusing, but I don't bother with the signs of the outer/generational planets, just their aspects.
These are just charts of those with personal placements in Sagittarius, i.e. Sag-influenced, whether that's many, one or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
As far as the career of the native goes, he has Libra on the MC, with the ruler, Venus, in Libra (so highly dignified = strong). Anything concerning beauty and arts would suit the native (like fashion designing, interior decoration), or connected with the field of luxury, like designing expensive furniture, or even houses (with Cap Jupiter enhancing that Venus).

What is the native inclined toward? Apologies if you have mentioned that somewhere on the thread, as I haven't read any of the posts except the one with the chart of the brother.
He's an associate professor of Math and Physics. We were discussing how Venus figured into things and !4C mentioned this.

As far as his interests...teaching (even outside of class), numbers and patterns, traveling, sports especially running, tech, brain games and puzzles.
Unread 01-28-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
He's an associate professor of Math and Physics. We were discussing how Venus figured into things and !4C mentioned this.

As far as his interests...teaching (even outside of class), numbers and patterns, traveling, sports especially running, tech, brain games and puzzles.
Ok. Then that Capricorn (Numbers) Jupiter in aspect to the ruler of the MC, Venus, prevails.

Tags
careers, sagittarius, sagittariusinfluenced