Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Unread 02-26-2020, 11:06 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

I actually see this Presidency as a manifestation of Pluto in Capricorn, combined with a domicled Saturn. It had to happen, and it will end. That's the greatest lesson astrology teaches--"This too, shall pass."

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 02-26-2020, 04:13 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
This part is true. When Obama left office and Trump took office, I do remember that the economy just started to tick back on the right path and it was just Trump's luck. Pelosi may be ridiculous but she was right about that point and I don't like that this isn't acknowledged by the republican media side (ie. Fox news). If Obama had been a republican and was replaced by a democrat they would have acknowledged this uptick under the republican president's watch but they don't because he was a democrat and this point is even being buried. Credit should be given where credit's due.
Yes and the credit goes to Trump, and him alone.

What Obama enjoyed in his second term was a partial recovery from a cyclical rebound effect, which happens after any recession in most economies. This is because the average activity becomes so low at the height of the recession, that at some point the only way for the economy to go is up. It is part of what is commonly reffered to as the "boom and bust cycle".

In comparison, the reason Trump is attributed with credit for the economy, is because under his presidency some growth aspects of the economy have reached historical numbers of development never seen before. Such as very low unemployment rates, very high financial returns, etc. This can be genuinely attributed to his economic policies.

The reason the economy is currently doing well in the U.S. is because of Trump.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 02-26-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (02-26-2020)
  #53  
Unread 02-26-2020, 04:38 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,885
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

I think it's hilarious that people even attribute economic health to a president

As if one single person is responsible for 360 million plus people and their economic interactions, and the fact that people want to make this single person responsible for the economy and give them credit for the economy is very very frightening.

The economy is not that great, and it never will be because we don't have the freedom that we originally had. The economy will continue to be sluggish and the only reason it still stands is because America is the capital of the business world; Americans work long and productive hours. The people make the economy work with their responsible and productive decisions, not some asshat in gov passing laws to make this or that happen.
__________________
I want the hand of God to come and strike me down
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 02-26-2020, 05:19 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I think it's hilarious that people even attribute economic health to a president

As if one single person is responsible for 360 million plus people and their economic interactions, and the fact that people want to make this single person responsible for the economy and give them credit for the economy is very very frightening.

The economy is not that great, and it never will be because we don't have the freedom that we originally had. The economy will continue to be sluggish and the only reason it still stands is because America is the capital of the business world; Americans work long and productive hours. The people make the economy work with their responsible and productive decisions, not some asshat in gov passing laws to make this or that happen.
I suppose because most presidents get government in the way of its citizens freely excercising commerce. In some way, the achievement can be seen as removing government's grasp from the economy, something which doesn't happen that often.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 02-26-2020, 05:32 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,885
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
I suppose because most presidents get government in the way of its citizens freely excercising commerce. In some way, the achievement can be seen as removing government's grasp from the economy, something which doesn't happen that often.
Trump has not liberated the economy.. his tariffs for example are forking stuff up
Total rich mans corporatist move. Nothing there that supported the middle class or small businesses
__________________
I want the hand of God to come and strike me down
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
david starling (02-26-2020)
  #56  
Unread 02-26-2020, 06:31 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Trump has not liberated the economy.. his tariffs for example are forking stuff up
Total rich mans corporatist move. Nothing there that supported the middle class or small businesses
I agree the trade war is not an ideal measure, but you are not dealing with "free" economies to begin either - and many of these countries had tariffs on american products way before Trump came to be president. The trade war forces them to the bargaining table, so he can negotiate better deals.

In any case, he has removed many of the tariffs he originally imposed on a number of countries, showing that his goal isn't to restrict trade, but rather make it easier and more accesible. As time passes, its evident he intents to establish economic deals which are favourable for american industries.

In regards to China, its more of a military decision in my opinion, to curve China's growing influence in the world.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (02-26-2020)
  #57  
Unread 02-26-2020, 07:13 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Yes and the credit goes to Trump, and him alone.

What Obama enjoyed in his second term was a partial recovery from a cyclical rebound effect, which happens after any recession in most economies. This is because the average activity becomes so low at the height of the recession, that at some point the only way for the economy to go is up. It is part of what is commonly reffered to as the "boom and bust cycle".

In comparison, the reason Trump is attributed with credit for the economy, is because under his presidency some growth aspects of the economy have reached historical numbers of development never seen before. Such as very low unemployment rates, very high financial returns, etc. This can be genuinely attributed to his economic policies.

The reason the economy is currently doing well in the U.S. is because of Trump.
So, Dirius, given this mistaken belief of yours, and other Trump-lovers, would you say it would be a good thing if Trump declares himself "President for life", and suspends the Constitution? He's got a rubber-stamp Senate and Supreme Court, and if the military supports him, he might be able to pull it off.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 02-26-2020, 07:24 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,886
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Everything he has stood for, have indicated he is contrary to this.
So, you assume that if someone is in agreement with his policies, then automatically they would approve suspension of the constitution and a military revolution? Is this a loaded question or what?

PS. Trump at this point in his presidency has a higher approval rating than Obama did at the same point in his.
Lots of people wanting to suspend the constitution!! (joke)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 02-26-2020, 07:40 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Everything he has stood for, have indicated he is contrary to this.
So, you assume that if someone is in agreement with his policies, then automatically they would approve suspension of the constitution and a military revolution? Is this a loaded question or what?

PS. Trump at this point in his presidency has a higher approval rating than Obama did at the same point in his.
Lots of people wanting to suspend the constitution!! (joke)
He expressed admiration for China's President, Xi Jinping, declaring himself President for life, and has proposed repealing the 2-term limitation in the U.S. as well. He also brags that he has the support of the military and the police.

How does his approval rating factor in?
It's a fair question, and I really hope that the answer is "no".
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (02-26-2020)
  #60  
Unread 02-26-2020, 07:54 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 447
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
He expressed admiration for China's President, Xi Jinping, declaring himself President for life, and has proposed repealing the 2-term limitation in the U.S. as well. He also brags that he has the support of the military and the police.

How does his approval rating factor in?
It's a fair question, and I really hope that the answer is "no".
Good Lord, I hope it's a resounding "NO".
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
david starling (02-26-2020)
  #61  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:01 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
So, Dirius, given this mistaken belief of yours, and other Trump-lovers, would you say it would be a good thing if Trump declares himself "President for life", and suspends the Constitution? He's got a rubber-stamp Senate and Supreme Court, and if the military supports him, he might be able to pull it off.
Thats just how real economics work david. Numbers don't lie.

And he'll probably have a rubber-stamp congress too when he wins in 2020.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:02 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Thats just how real economics work david. Numbers don't lie.

And he'll probably have a rubber-stamp congress too when he wins in 2020.
So, do you think he SHOULD be President for life?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:08 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
So, do you think he SHOULD be President for life?
Should he? no.

Will he? probably not, doesn't really need to.

Can he? I don't think so.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
david starling (02-26-2020), ElenaJ (02-26-2020)
  #64  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:10 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,886
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
So, do you think he SHOULD be President for life?
You are funny, every reply gets a question twisted to follow your playwriting.
You've already received a reply from all, but you insist.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Dirius (02-26-2020)
  #65  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:23 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
You are funny, every reply gets a question twisted to follow your playwriting.
You've already received a reply from all, but you insist.
No reply yet has answered the question, "would you support Trump's becoming President for life?" Yes, or no? That's the gist of the question.

Edit: Dirius answered it, Elena thanked it, so, good answer.
But, Dirius, what's meant by "doesn't really need to"?

Last edited by david starling; 02-26-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:25 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
No reply yet has answered the question, "would you support Trump's becoming President for life?" Yes, or no? That's the gist of the question.
No. And he doesn't need to.

By 2030 you will still have a Trump president, only it will be junior, not senior. XD
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:27 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 447
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/01/28/...w-cbo-outlook/

January 28, 2020

The Congressional Budget Office projects higher deficits for this year and the coming decade, with a fiscal 2020 deficit of $1.015 trillion — $8 billion higher than the agency estimated last August.
The fiscal 2019 deficit was $984 billion, by comparison.
Over the next decade, the cumulative deficit outlined in the agency’s latest budget and economic outlook is estimated at $12.4 trillion, $160 billion more than the earlier projection.


Fact Check:
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/tr...n-on-deficits/
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
david starling (02-26-2020)
  #68  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:38 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

I've been around long enough to know, that in politics, the "pendulum swings". I remember Democrats thinking the Republican Party was done for after Goldwater's resounding defeat in 1964! Now Republicans are doing the same thing, based on a relatively narrow Trump victory in 2016, and a currently good economy, which can also swing. They sound like the Borg slogan, "Resistance is Futile", from Star Trek!

Last edited by david starling; 02-26-2020 at 08:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (02-26-2020)
  #69  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:46 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Donald Trump Jr. is actually CALLING anyone who opposes his father a member of "the Resistance"! There's also a current "purge" of anyone in the Administration who even slightly disagrees with Trump on ANYTHING!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (02-26-2020)
  #70  
Unread 02-26-2020, 09:16 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
https://www.rollcall.com/2020/01/28/...w-cbo-outlook/

January 28, 2020

The Congressional Budget Office projects higher deficits for this year and the coming decade, with a fiscal 2020 deficit of $1.015 trillion — $8 billion higher than the agency estimated last August.
The fiscal 2019 deficit was $984 billion, by comparison.
Over the next decade, the cumulative deficit outlined in the agency’s latest budget and economic outlook is estimated at $12.4 trillion, $160 billion more than the earlier projection.


Fact Check:
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/tr...n-on-deficits/
Yup seems about time to start slashing that budget.

Do your senators really need to be payed $200k a year? Bernie must be doing really well on that salary. How many houses does he own again? like 5 or 6? Must be nice to have that salary for about 40 years, at the taxpayers expense.

By the way, isn't Trump giving away his salary? Huh, interesting.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 02-26-2020 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 02-26-2020, 09:25 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Yup seems about time to start slashing that budget.

Do your senators really need to be payed $200k a year? Bernie must be doing really well on that salary. How many houses does he own again? like 5 or 6? Must be nice to have that salary for about 40 years.


By the way, isn't Trump giving away his salary? Huh, interesting.
What's he need it for? He hasn't divested, and his own policies are supporting his private investments. He's living a lavish lifestyle on American tax-dollars. And, it's a smart propaganda move which really impresses his followers. J.F.K. was wealthy enough to refuse his salary, and Herbert Hoover accepted his salary but donated it to charity.
These days, $400,000 is pocket-change to a billionaire.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 02-26-2020, 09:30 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Trump's passion is unquestionable authority and unequivocal adulation, with extreme wealth as a given. He's a narcissistic authoritarian, which fits the profile of a dictator.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (02-27-2020)
  #73  
Unread 02-26-2020, 09:33 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,738
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
What's he need it for? He hasn't divested, and his own policies are supporting his private investments. He's living a lavish lifestyle on American tax-dollars. And, it's a smart propaganda move which really impresses his followers. J.F.K. was wealthy enough to refuse his salary, and Herbert Hoover accepted his salary but donated it to charity.
These days, $400,000 is pocket-change to a billionaire.
Huh I see. So Trump, a capitalist by all means, is working for free without taking a salary from americans.

And on the other hand, the socialist bernie sanders, a known multi-millionare with 7 houses, is happy to take an impressive wage out of the taxpayer's pocket? Huh...

I mean shouldn't bernie, a socialist and "succesful" author, who has made money through his books, be able to at least refuse a part of his salary? Wouldn't like 50k a year suffice for socialist bernie? Or does socialist bernie need 200k ??
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 02-26-2020, 10:02 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Huh I see. So Trump, a capitalist by all means, is working for free without taking a salary from americans.

And on the other hand, the socialist bernie sanders, a known multi-millionare with 7 houses, is happy to take an impressive wage out of the taxpayer's pocket? Huh...

I mean shouldn't bernie, a socialist and "succesful" author, who has made money through his books, be able to at least refuse a part of his salary? Wouldn't like 50k a year suffice for socialist bernie? Or does socialist bernie need 200k ??
George Washington was wealthy enough to refuse his salary, but he was urged not to because it would set a precedent for making the less wealthy Presidents look bad for accepting theirs.

Bernie alone doesn't set the salaries, but I personally think the taxpayers should decide how much their representatives are paid, not the representatives themselves. However, consider how outrageously much executives and administrators are paid in the private sector, including those "golden parachutes" when they're fired! That comes out of the workers' salaries.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 02-26-2020, 10:06 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 21,515
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Huh I see. So Trump, a capitalist by all means, is working for free without taking a salary from americans.

And on the other hand, the socialist bernie sanders, a known multi-millionare with 7 houses, is happy to take an impressive wage out of the taxpayer's pocket? Huh...

I mean shouldn't bernie, a socialist and "succesful" author, who has made money through his books, be able to at least refuse a part of his salary? Wouldn't like 50k a year suffice for socialist bernie? Or does socialist bernie need 200k ??
Like I said, it's effectively meaningless to someone with Trump's wealth, but a smart propaganda move that impresses his followers.

Btw, a "Democratic-socialist" IS a "Capitalist".

Last edited by david starling; 02-26-2020 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (02-27-2020)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.