Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 03-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Re: Aspects for TALL people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
5'8 for a female, in the country I live in is considered taller than average.
and in many other countries as well.
Even so, that may apply to ONE individual such as yourself, HOWEVER remember that there are families where many female family members are well over 5' 8" tall and for those families then 5' 8" is not considered tall.

However, there are many countries where a female of 5' 8" height is considered way ABOVE average - Japan for example

That's why it's a good idea to avoid generalizations.

The idea of 'average' is a variable, not 'set in stone'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Even so, that may apply to ONE individual such as yourself, HOWEVER remember that there are families where many female family members are well over 5' 8" tall and for those families then 5' 8" is not considered tall.

However, there are many countries where a female of 5' 8" height is considered way ABOVE average - Japan for example

I'll be sure to smack my hand the next time i am thinking about typing up generalizations.

I am still tall
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
I'll be sure to smack my hand the next time i am thinking about typing up generalizations.

I am still tall
Of course you are considered tall in the country where you currently reside

HOWEVER in Scandinavia you are considered average or even BELOW average height

BUT in Japan you are considered ABOVE average height.

So 'being tall' is relative to the norms of country of origin/residence
and that must be taken into account when analyzing natal chart aspects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
In my experience Mercury in the 1st is indicative of being one of the tallest people in the family. A lot depends on hereditary of course. The aspects to that will give a fuller picture. Having Virgo which is for now ruled by Mercury, as your rising sign would add to that. Being rather nervous can keep you slim as well!!! I hope you dont smoke.
I do smoke, actually! So does my mum & dad... why??

My mercury (in 1st house ruled by virgo, but in the sign of libra)
is conjunct (to a wide angle) venus, also in libra.
Mercury is square jupiter (in 10th house in the sign of cancer)
also square saturn, uranus and neptune in 4th house of sag, but in capricorn.

Again, I am by far the tallest female in my family, at 5'10 (178cm) and
mostly taller than all my guy friends as well. The men in my family are around my height, maybe a few inches taller, but if I wear heels I TOWER over everyone.
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:47 PM

I'm 5'8, but I don't consider that "tall". I'm virgo rising with opposition to saturn and chiron+venus on the 1H. No uranus aspects to my Asc.
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWDWSWLM View Post
The Virgo men i know tend to be pretty tall. Same for Leo women

Your statement is too general. I'm a leo sun myself (5'8), but my classmate, which is also leo, is short (5'1)
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:40 PM
may28gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoCassandra View Post
I always thought that Jupiter conjunct ASC gives tallness but Christina Ricci has it and she is 5'1
LOL I also have Jupiter conj AC and I'm 5'3 ft so no, that theory isn't very accurate!

I think there's something with Virgo ASC for males that make them tall. My ex husband is 6'3... towering his dad at 5'10 and every other male relative he has are all under 5'10. He has 9 Virgo AC.
Unread 02-20-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliewar View Post
What aspects would a tall person have?

A tall male, about 6'0
or
A tall female, 5'7-5'9
Im a 60 tall woman...Mars trine Jupiter and Saturn, Jupiter and Saturn trine ASC, 1H Gemini Sun and 12H Taurus Mars Conjunct Taurus ASC...Uranus Opposite Mars/ASC, Venus in Gemini 1H, 11H Moon in Pisces sextile ASC
Unread 02-22-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsiren81 View Post
Im a 60 tall woman...Mars trine Jupiter and Saturn, Jupiter and Saturn trine ASC, 1H Gemini Sun and 12H Taurus Mars Conjunct Taurus ASC...Uranus Opposite Mars/ASC, Venus in Gemini 1H, 11H Moon in Pisces sextile ASC
Hi sixfootsiren81,

You did a lot of work for nothing. When you come to understand the nature of the bodies, you'll understand that Jupiter can inflate anything (unless his sign restricts or neutralizes it or he's retrograde).

Not only will Jupiter inflate your height, he'll inflate your girth, and your money and your possessions and career if he's direct and in the right signs.

You'll probably want to study the signs, too, after you learn the meanings of the celestial bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
LOL I also have Jupiter conj AC and I'm 5'3 ft so no, that theory isn't very accurate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoCassandra View Post
I always thought that Jupiter conjunct ASC gives tallness but Christina Ricci has it and she is 5'1
Hi people,

There's nothing in astrology to support your claims, so you either completely misstated the aphorism because you didn't understand it or you just made it up to be difficult.

Taurus and Virgo signify tall people, unless other chart factors restrict it.

Sagittarius and Pisces also indicate tall people. If Jupiter is in a Sagittarius or Pisces Ascendant or in an applying trine to a Sagittarius or Pisces Ascendant, he can increase height even more if he is direct and not retrograde or not harmed by malefics.

If Jupiter is in an applying sextile or trine to any ascending sign from an air, fire or water sign, he can increase height if he is direct and not retrograde or unfortunate.

Jupiter does not inflate height or anything else if he is in an earth sign or when he is retrograde or in trouble.

Regarding Christina Ricci, you're just plain wrong. Period.

1) Jupiter is not conjunct the Ascendant: he has separated.
2) Virgo is an earth sign.
3) Jupiter does not like earth signs.
4) Jupiter is retrograde.
5) Saturn is also in Virgo and retrograde (Saturn also restricts).

And then people wonder why they can't interpret charts.
Unread 02-22-2020, 05:23 PM

Smile Re: Aspects for TALL people

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Astrology View Post
Hi sixfootsiren81,

You did a lot of work for nothing. When you come to understand the nature of the bodies, you'll understand that Jupiter can inflate anything (unless his sign restricts or neutralizes it or he's retrograde).

Not only will Jupiter inflate your height, he'll inflate your girth, and your money and your possessions and career if he's direct and in the right signs.

You'll probably want to study the signs, too, after you learn the meanings of the celestial bodies.

Hi people,

There's nothing in astrology to support your claims, so you either completely misstated the aphorism because you didn't understand it or you just made it up to be difficult.

Sagittarius and Pisces also indicate tall people. If Jupiter is in a Sagittarius or Pisces Ascendant or in an applying trine to a Sagittarius or Pisces Ascendant, he can increase height even more if he is direct and not retrograde or not harmed by malefics.

If Jupiter is in an applying sextile or trine to any ascending sign from an air, fire or water sign, he can increase height if he is direct and not retrograde or unfortunate.

Jupiter does not inflate height or anything else if he is in an earth sign or when he is retrograde or in trouble.

Less than one degree orb in a snapshot Natal-chart looks like a conjunction in H1.
What's your criteria for a snapshot, Natal-chart conjunction with the Asc?

Also, what makes you believe Jupiter "does not like" Earth-signs?
Unread 02-22-2020, 05:43 PM

Jupiter is diurnal, earth signs are nocturnal, Taurus is peregrination, Virgo is detriment and Capricorn is fall for Jupiter.
The Following User Says Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
leomoon (02-25-2020)
Unread 02-22-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Jupiter is diurnal, earth signs are nocturnal, Taurus is peregrination, Virgo is detriment and Capricorn is fall for Jupiter.
Aren't Water-signs nocturnal?
Unread 02-22-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Aren't Water-signs nocturnal?
Yes, but Cancer is exaltation of Jupiter and Pisces is house of Jupiter. He doesn't like Scorpio.
Unread 02-22-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Yes, but Cancer is exaltation of Jupiter and Pisces is house of Jupiter. He doesn't like Scorpio.
He likes Mutables, Virgo included.
Unread 02-22-2020, 06:07 PM

Mercury rules the Christina's Ascendant by house and exaltation, aside from dominating it with aspect along Jupiter and Mars. Mercury also governs the Moon by term and aspect along with Saturn (by house and aspect) and Mars (by exaltation and aspect). Mercury is predominator/almuten of the body (asc + moon).

''Mercury... In the occident he makes them, in appearance, of light but not of good colouring, with straight hair and olive complexion, lean and spare, with glancing, brilliant eyes, and somewhat ruddy; in temperament they exceed in the dry.

''The luminaries assist each of these when they bear an aspect to them, the sun tending to a more impressive and robust effect <it doesn't aspect the predominator Mercury>, and the moon, especially when she is separating from the planets, in general tending toward better proportion and greater slenderness, and toward a more moist temperament; but in particular cases her effect is proportioned to the special quality of her illumination, in accordance with the system of intermixture explained in the beginning of the treatise.''

Again, generally, when the planets are... at their second station, rather weak...

The quadrant from the winter solstice to the spring equinox produces individuals of dark complexion, moderate height, straight hair, with little hair on their bodies <the ancient texts were written primary for males>, somewhat graceful, and exceeding in the cold and moist.
'' - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...os/3C*.html#11

Last edited by petosiris; 02-22-2020 at 06:23 PM.
Unread 02-22-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
He likes Mutables, Virgo included.
Traditionally, Jupiter is in detriment in Virgo.

But in my opinion Jupiter is operative in Virgo when Mercury is eastern/morning star and inoperative when Mercury is western/evening star not taking terms into account.

Last edited by petosiris; 02-22-2020 at 06:27 PM.
Unread 02-22-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

''Avraham, the Spaniard, said: Anyone who is learned in the science of the judgment of the signs and does not know the higher wisdom, there will be times when his judgments will be false, for he has not been cautious of the things that ought to be properly avoided...

The second way is to judge from the regions [of the earth], for [if] one [is] born in the land of Kush,' even if Venus is with the Moon in the rising degree, we will not judge that the native will be handsome and white compared to the people in other regions but he will be so only [relatively] compared to the appearance of the people of his [own] region. Similarly, if the ruler of the nativity is Mercury, we will not judge that he will be knowledgeable in all kinds of science; for it is not possible [for one] to be learned in the land of Kush because of the excessive heat of the Sun, and therefore his nature will not be forthright (properly manifest) and we will only judge that he will be intelligent compared to the people of his own locality.
'' - [Introductory Matters: Overall Considerations Before Judgment] from The Book of Nativities and Revolutions by Rabbi Avraham Ibn Ezra - translated from the Hebrew original by Meira B. Epstein
Unread 02-22-2020, 06:36 PM

Whether separating or applying, a less than 1 degree Orb in a Natal-chart IS a Conjunction. [IMO].
Unread 02-22-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliewar View Post
What aspects would a tall person have?

A tall male, about 6'0
or
A tall female, 5'7-5'9

For me - uranus aspects connected with physical body houses 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Uranus is the non conventional energy - beyond conventional standards - eiher extreme tall or the opposite extreme small - connected with 1st quarter in chart.

I am female and 6'1 tall from my 11th year on and I have uranus in 2nd house - physical body house.

I had a female co worker who had uranus in 3rd house and she was unconventionally very small.
Unread 02-22-2020, 10:00 PM

My brother was 6'6 tall and had venus as ruler of 2nd house and venus in close conjunct with uranus in 11th house.
Unread 02-25-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Astrology View Post
Hi sixfootsiren81,

Hi people,

You're so sassy I love it

Tags
aspects, people, tall