Saturn square Neptune: effects?

UraSatVen1029

I have this natally, real tight. If my Sun-Venus conjunction is just 16 minutes, I think this one would be around 3-5 minutes at most.

I've studied my own chart with those two planets in particular because they seem to have some importance over other planets. Now I get that squares are not necessarily bad, well, not all the time. But it does create difficulty that it can be hard to ignore.

Now, I just want opinions, insights, and ideas from other people. How do you think this can play out in a natal chart? If I remember correctly, there was a Transit square between these two planets last year 2016, in the signs Sagittarius and Pisces (I think). Anyone?

katydid

I have this natally, real tight. If my Sun-Venus conjunction is just 16 minutes, I think this one would be around 3-5 minutes at most.

I've studied my own chart with those two planets in particular because they seem to have some importance over other planets. Now I get that squares are not necessarily bad, well, not all the time. But it does create difficulty that it can be hard to ignore.

Now, I just want opinions, insights, and ideas from other people. How do you think this can play out in a natal chart? If I remember correctly, there was a Transit square between these two planets last year 2016, in the signs Sagittarius and Pisces (I think). Anyone?

What signs and houses are Saturn and Neptune---and are there other aspects to Saturn and Neptune--positive and negative?

Animatrix

When Saturn transited Square to my Neptune, something I was hoping for in a relationship was crushed into pieces Before my Eyes. Things didn't turn out the way I wanted and had hoped for, but it was not too bad either, because I was given new hope at the end of the transit, but it was different.

UraSatVen1029

What signs and houses are Saturn and Neptune---and are there other aspects to Saturn and Neptune--positive and negative?

Neptune in Capricorn 29 deg: 1st house
Saturn in Aries 29 deg: 4th house

Neptune is squaring my Sun and Venus, loosely square my Midheaven, sextile Mercury, sesquiquadrate Mars, loosely conjunct Uranus and quincux North Node.

Saturn is in opposition to my Sun, Venus and Midheaven, loosely squaring Uranus, biquintile Pluto, and tightly trine my North Node. (NN Leo 8th house). Saturn is my chart ruler.

...Should I just post my natal chart? Hahaha! I was just asking for its general effect though. :)

UraSatVen1029

Which houses are they in? And how was yourself esteem as a child when it came to social interactions?

It's strange because I was the opposite of who I am now, before. Now, I'm really like a Capricorn ascendant. I have a serious approach, a rather stern/neutral face or impression, some people (in my younger teenage years) have told me I look like I'm in my early-mid twenties when I was just only 14 years old. I'm reserved, shy, and awkward with social settings and places because I'm very self-conscious and I actually don't know what to do being in the middle of a crowd. I'm also sort of closed or aloof at first when it comes to acquaintances and new friends, but if they stay in contact for a month or two, I begin warming up to them and finally show my crazier--or the goofier side of me. I actually begin to embody the cancerian traits (my Descendant) and also because my moon is in the 1st house as well.

When I was kid though... I was more Arian/Leo, or just firey in general. I was fierce, but still kind of soft because I was also verbally bullied by someone even more forceful and manipulative (a classmate) in my kindergarten years, and I didn't do much to stop it. But dang, I was such a showgirl. I was also demanding. When it came to social interactions, I was never hesitant in joining in groups to the point that I just appear out of nowhere and butt in. And I suppose not everyone aporeciated this quality of mine, so when kids my age started neglecting or isolating me, this bold trait of mine started fading and I slowly turned into the reserved and awkward type of girl. It was because I was never aware that some people actually disliked me and I always assumed that everyone would like me, so generally, i started becoming annoying lol. This one started for me when I was in 5th grade.

So... as a child my esteem was great. It was high. As I approached 6th/7th grade, it dropped real hard.

katydid

Neptune in Capricorn 29 deg: 1st house
Saturn in Aries 29 deg: 4th house

Neptune is squaring my Sun and Venus, loosely square my Midheaven, sextile Mercury, sesquiquadrate Mars, loosely conjunct Uranus and quincux North Node.

Saturn is in opposition to my Sun, Venus and Midheaven, loosely squaring Uranus, biquintile Pluto, and tightly trine my North Node. (NN Leo 8th house). Saturn is my chart ruler.

...Should I just post my natal chart? Hahaha! I was just asking for its general effect though. :)

So it sounds like you have a strong T-square to Neptune in Cap in your first house. Having the apex of a Saturn/[Sun/Venus] opposition in the 1st can create a very stressful personal environment.

You may feel the weight of the world on your shoulders at times, stemming specifically from the opposition formed between Saturn in the 4th [family burdens/baggage] and Sun/Venus/Midheaven. [the urge to be publicly acknowledged for creative pursuits/career]

That opposition, which creates friction between your desires/goals and your family's expectations, falls into your first house of SELF. That is a crowded house for you. I believe you have Saturn, Uranus and the Moon there? Lots of emotional cues/chaotic emotions flooding the thoughts.

Saturn, your chart ruler , is challenging your Neptune in the first, and perhaps adding an element of guilt or dread, concerning your work/career choices. 'Who am I and what am I really here to do? '

Neptune in the 1st has dreams, visions, creative inspirational goals involving the arts/music/beauty. You are very talented and attractive and sensitive. :love:

But Neptune, being the apex of that T-square creates tension and doubt about the ability to follow through on those hopes/dreams. You may need to negotiate with your family/bosses/authority figures in order to create the space you need to follow those dreams to fruition. :bandit:

I wish I could say they would support you unconditionally---but not sure that is accurate.

Saturn/Neptune is a very difficult pair to have in tight aspect. :unsure:

Saturn is 'the father' and our lessons learned in childhood from Dad. Neptune squaring the Saturn may indicate that your father disappointed you frequently in childhood. That square being Aries/Cap, 1st and 4th, may describe a sometimes selfish man who put his own needs first sometimes, and may have let you and your family down when you needed him to support you, care for you. :pouty:

So you may need to work on 'freeing yourself' from that damaging internal dialogue. That inner damage may send an internal message that 'you do not matter' ---that 'you are not worthy of love and caring. ' :crying:

None of that is true, but if you experienced some turmoil as a child that felt that way, it can lie dormant, and it needs to be erased and deleted. :cool:

Transits to that Saturn/Neptune/[Sun/Venus] can help rid you of that baggage.

Healing may come from your ability to be creative and artistic and soothing and heal others by your sympathetic compassionate nature.

Last edited:
Saturn square Neptune has the potential to be very difficult. There is an underlying theme of dissolving boundaries. The Berlin wall came down during a Saturn/Neptune transit and more recently issues of mass immigration became problematic. In a natal chart it could indicate a loss of ambition. Bernadette Brady describes Saturn/Neptune as "illness, tiredness, depletion of resources, despair, to be without hope." About 2 years ago these planets were squared and here in Chicago they aspected our mayor's Sun. At that time he took a lot of heat because of a major police scandal. Also around the same time my ex gf suffered a major loss in court against me. (She has Saturn square Neptune in her natal chart)

It's strange because I was the opposite of who I am now, before. Now, I'm really like a Capricorn ascendant. I have a serious approach, a rather stern/neutral face or impression, some people (in my younger teenage years) have told me I look like I'm in my early-mid twenties when I was just only 14 years old. I'm reserved, shy, and awkward with social settings and places because I'm very self-conscious and I actually don't know what to do being in the middle of a crowd. I'm also sort of closed or aloof at first when it comes to acquaintances and new friends, but if they stay in contact for a month or two, I begin warming up to them and finally show my crazier--or the goofier side of me. I actually begin to embody the cancerian traits (my Descendant) and also because my moon is in the 1st house as well.

When I was kid though... I was more Arian/Leo, or just firey in general. I was fierce, but still kind of soft because I was also verbally bullied by someone even more forceful and manipulative (a classmate) in my kindergarten years, and I didn't do much to stop it. But dang, I was such a showgirl. I was also demanding. When it came to social interactions, I was never hesitant in joining in groups to the point that I just appear out of nowhere and butt in. And I suppose not everyone aporeciated this quality of mine, so when kids my age started neglecting or isolating me, this bold trait of mine started fading and I slowly turned into the reserved and awkward type of girl. It was because I was never aware that some people actually disliked me and I always assumed that everyone would like me, so generally, i started becoming annoying lol. This one started for me when I was in 5th grade.

So... as a child my esteem was great. It was high. As I approached 6th/7th grade, it dropped real hard.

Could be that you need to try twice as hard as others to really read peoples intentions towards you and the truth of situations. There are mistrust issues understandably due to past issues.

Just trying observing situations and people for a while first before taking any actions. Joining drama clubs, or acting clubs even as a little hobby could be very helpful for you, in more ways than one.

UraSatVen1029

So it sounds like you have a strong T-square to Neptune in Cap in your first house. Having the apex of a Saturn/[Sun/Venus] opposition in the 1st can create a very stressful personal environment.

You may feel the weight of the world on your shoulders at times, stemming specifically from the opposition formed between Saturn in the 4th [family burdens/baggage] and Sun/Venus/Midheaven. [the urge to be publicly acknowledged for creative pursuits/career]

That opposition, which creates friction between your desires/goals and your family's expectations, falls into your first house of SELF. That is a crowded house for you. I believe you have Saturn, Uranus and the Moon there? Lots of emotional cues/chaotic emotions flooding the thoughts.

Saturn, your chart ruler , is challenging your Neptune in the first, and perhaps adding an element of guilt or dread, concerning your work/career choices. 'Who am I and what am I really here to do? '

Neptune in the 1st has dreams, visions, creative inspirational goals involving the arts/music/beauty. You are very talented and attractive and sensitive. :love:

But Neptune, being the apex of that T-square creates tension and doubt about the ability to follow through on those hopes/dreams. You may need to negotiate with your family/bosses/authority figures in order to create the space you need to follow those dreams to fruition. :bandit:

I wish I could say they would support you unconditionally---but not sure that is accurate.

Saturn/Neptune is a very difficult pair to have in tight aspect. :unsure:

Saturn is 'the father' and our lessons learned in childhood from Dad. Neptune squaring the Saturn may indicate that your father disappointed you frequently in childhood. That square being Aries/Cap, 1st and 4th, may describe a sometimes selfish man who put his own needs first sometimes, and may have let you and your family down when you needed him to support you, care for you. :pouty:

So you may need to work on 'freeing yourself' from that damaging internal dialogue. That inner damage may send an internal message that 'you do not matter' ---that 'you are not worthy of love and caring. ' :crying:

None of that is true, but if you experienced some turmoil as a child that felt that way, it can lie dormant, and it needs to be erased and deleted. :cool:

Transits to that Saturn/Neptune/[Sun/Venus] can help rid you of that baggage.

Healing may come from your ability to be creative and artistic and soothing and heal others by your sympathetic compassionate nature.

You described this so well, Katydid.

Yeah, seems like I do have a strong T-square. But I have to ask, is it possible that I can actually turn this around for the better?

I'd rather not discuss more about my father, he is rather a very touchy subject for me when it comes to family issues. But yeah, you pretty much got it right on how it has manifested in my life, this really surprised me. With the Saturn Square Neptune, other than having doubts and difficulties on myself to follow through my hope and ambitions, I do hope this square won't be a negative quality forever If I'm willing to work hard for it? I just wonder if its possible to be successful even with that square aspect.

I'd rather not lose hope on my own dreams. That's like breaking my own heart and inflicting pain in my soul. Haha!

Having this T-square in the angular houses really forces me to look at this issues within myself, and I've only really noticed it lately that it has been like that my whole life! That transit Pluto conjunct my ascendant did a LOT for me. Next would be-- conjuncting my Neptune. Now that's even more interesting but I don't know if I should feel worried or excited.

I'm still working on "freeing myself" from that damaging influence that I've always had ever since. I'm very aware that I have an annoying "I'm not good enough" complex and it has always restricted me from a lot of things. But it's been with me for so long that its like a reflex, so to free myself from this is going to take a lot of time, I imagine. Jupiter is conjuncting my Sun-Venus right now, and soon it will be Mercury and Chiron in Scorpio :) I'm hoping for a deeper healing for these transits.

I also wonder if... this huge craving of being recognized and successful in the public is actually JUST a psychological result of having a rather neglected childhood. My mother worked a lot when I was really young, she was always gone the whole day so i only get to see her at early in the morning, and late in the evening. My dad, on the other hand was more unpredictable. Nannies are my constant company but he just goes in and out whenever he wanted. I was also really young when I noticed that he often just disappeared to play gambling games, went home drunk, or unstable. He had bad habits, for sure. If I'm finally getting healed from these 1st house and 4th house issues, will my craving and need for 10th house manifestations actually fade?

Not that I don't want the drive anymore, I still want them. I do need them so I can keep nyself motivated to do my best and achieve that success I've always dreamed about haha.

UraSatVen1029

Saturn square Neptune has the potential to be very difficult. There is an underlying theme of dissolving boundaries. The Berlin wall came down during a Saturn/Neptune transit and more recently issues of mass immigration became problematic. In a natal chart it could indicate a loss of ambition. Bernadette Brady describes Saturn/Neptune as "illness, tiredness, depletion of resources, despair, to be without hope." About 2 years ago these planets were squared and here in Chicago they aspected our mayor's Sun. At that time he took a lot of heat because of a major police scandal. Also around the same time my ex gf suffered a major loss in court against me. (She has Saturn square Neptune in her natal chart)

So i might have those bad experiences too?

Tiredness and depletion of sources sounds about right. But it could also be because of my t square too.

UraSatVen1029

Could be that you need to try twice as hard as others to really read peoples intentions towards you and the truth of situations. There are mistrust issues understandably due to past issues.

Just trying observing situations and people for a while first before taking any actions. Joining drama clubs, or acting clubs even as a little hobby could be very helpful for you, in more ways than one.

Yeah I do. In fact, I have Scorpio in my 11th house cusp, and being paranoid, really judging and reading other people's intentions is important for me so that Icoukd save myself from more pain. Yet, it also restricts me from being open and welcoming in more friends. I have Mercury and Pluto (and Chiron near the end of 10th house) all in 11th house. Transformations have occured a lot in my social sphere and these are internal as well. Power issues have also manifested.

But with Scorpio there in a social house, plus Scorpio in 3 personal planets and Chiron just proves that despite my yearning for lots of friends, I don't think I could handle those either seeing that, I can easily cut ties right away when I smell ******** and won't like to do anything with it, so I would just walk away.

Didn't have any drama clubs in my school though. #sad.
But I did participate in competitions where acting was a requirement. Also with more simple events like school projects or filming. I got some praise and reward in that. But what made you say that though? Is it because of Neptune in 1st house? Haha!

Didn't have any drama clubs in my school though. #sad.
But I did participate in competitions where acting was a requirement. Also with more simple events like school projects or filming. I got some praise and reward in that. But what made you say that though? Is it because of Neptune in 1st house? Haha!

Just the square between Neptune and Saturn. People with this do well both i front of and behind cameras, as in literally they do brilliant cameramen and camerawomen. Even if the houses the two planets are in were reserved.

Neptune of dreams, fantasies and visions, and Saturn’s square asks how this can be put into practicality, and acting, movies, theatre I have seen to be a good release for a lot of people with this aspect, it can be a good one if you decide for it to be.

UraSatVen1029

Just the square between Neptune and Saturn. People with this do well both i front of and behind cameras, as in literally they do brilliant cameramen and camerawomen. Even if the houses the two planets are in were reserved.

Neptune of dreams, fantasies and visions, and Saturn’s square asks how this can be put into practicality, and acting, movies, theatre I have seen to be a good release for a lot of people with this aspect, it can be a good one if you decide for it to be.

Ohhh, I see. To be honest, I was always heavily involved with film projects back in highschool. I was an actress first. Then the scriptwriter. Then the director. There was one time I did all three. Then for my last year in highschool, I was a director and the editor. Highschool made me realize how much I enjoyed all these stuff. I'll even consider it as my second option for pursuing a creative career.

Here I thought it was my Neptune squaring the Midheaven doing this too. I didn't know Neptune squaring Saturn could also mean potential in films and acting as well. Well, thank you for that! I'll look it up for more info :)

katydid

You described this so well, Katydid.

Yeah, seems like I do have a strong T-square. But I have to ask, is it possible that I can actually turn this around for the better?

I'd rather not discuss more about my father, he is rather a very touchy subject for me when it comes to family issues. But yeah, you pretty much got it right on how it has manifested in my life, this really surprised me. With the Saturn Square Neptune, other than having doubts and difficulties on myself to follow through my hope and ambitions, I do hope this square won't be a negative quality forever If I'm willing to work hard for it? I just wonder if its possible to be successful even with that square aspect.

I'd rather not lose hope on my own dreams. That's like breaking my own heart and inflicting pain in my soul. Haha!

Having this T-square in the angular houses really forces me to look at this issues within myself, and I've only really noticed it lately that it has been like that my whole life! That transit Pluto conjunct my ascendant did a LOT for me. Next would be-- conjuncting my Neptune. Now that's even more interesting but I don't know if I should feel worried or excited.

I'm still working on "freeing myself" from that damaging influence that I've always had ever since. I'm very aware that I have an annoying "I'm not good enough" complex and it has always restricted me from a lot of things. But it's been with me for so long that its like a reflex, so to free myself from this is going to take a lot of time, I imagine. Jupiter is conjuncting my Sun-Venus right now, and soon it will be Mercury and Chiron in Scorpio :) I'm hoping for a deeper healing for these transits.

I also wonder if... this huge craving of being recognized and successful in the public is actually JUST a psychological result of having a rather neglected childhood. My mother worked a lot when I was really young, she was always gone the whole day so i only get to see her at early in the morning, and late in the evening. My dad, on the other hand was more unpredictable. Nannies are my constant company but he just goes in and out whenever he wanted. I was also really young when I noticed that he often just disappeared to play gambling games, went home drunk, or unstable. He had bad habits, for sure. If I'm finally getting healed from these 1st house and 4th house issues, will my craving and need for 10th house manifestations actually fade?

Not that I don't want the drive anymore, I still want them. I do need them so I can keep nyself motivated to do my best and achieve that success I've always dreamed about haha.

Yes, You absolutely can turn it around for the better. And Pluto making it's transit has the power to help you do that. :alien:

Pluto TRANSFORMS what it touches. As it crosses your Neptune, you can elevate the Neptune and your ability to tap into it's resources. :innocent:

Your 'craving' for 10th house recognition will not fade. But it might change, shift, or be altered somewhat. But natally you have a tight Sun/Venus conjunction in the house of Career. End of Story. :sideways:

You will gain some recognition for your creative/artistic pursuits, most likely. Don't give up the dream. :wink:

UraSatVen1029

Yes, You absolutely can turn it around for the better. And Pluto making it's transit has the power to help you do that. :alien:

Pluto TRANSFORMS what it touches. As it crosses your Neptune, you can elevate the Neptune and your ability to tap into it's resources. :innocent:

Your 'craving' for 10th house recognition will not fade. But it might change, shift, or be altered somewhat. But natally you have a tight Sun/Venus conjunction in the house of Career. End of Story. :sideways:

You will gain some recognition for your creative/artistic pursuits, most likely. Don't give up the dream. :wink:

Besides the Neptune-Pluto conjunction in the future, in the nearer future is transit Uranus conjunct my Saturn in 4th. It's really interesting, but sometimes Uranus scares me more than Pluto haha.

I personally don't doubt my own will, determination and passion. I think I'm just really blinded by the chaos of my rich emotional life lol. In times of trying to balance my unstable self-esteem, I just scoff at the fact that my soul decided to be born with Scorpio placements, as this sign just LOVES to be on the edge of life, losing themselves in the extremities of their emotional nature. Might as well start accepting that I'll never feel completely balanced in life because I'll always somehow drive myself crazy. In many ways. At least it won't be boring.

I really do hope I become fulfilled and content in this lifetime though. I'm only 19 and it's weird that I'm already thinking that far ahead, but I feel like I can't completely rest in peace until I also embody that Leo North Node (creative self-expression) and share it to the world. And also be able to use my rewards to do humanitarian deeds (Aqua SN, I guess).

But first, gotta work on this Saturn-Neptune aspect! Haha