Difficult time in life - guidance advice sought

Osamenor

Staff member
Re: disappointed with this forum

There are also lots of love life questions on here that don't get answered. Not every question does. This is a learning forum. People read charts here for practice for themselves, not as a service. If you really want astrology service, that's what professional astrologers are for. If you're posting in this forum, you're offering your chart as a learning experience for others, and they may or may not take you up on that offer. If you get useful advice out of it, that's great, but that's a side benefit, not the purpose of the forum.

What change are you considering?

Witchyone

Have you checked how many members this forum has? I'm sure you don't actually expect all ~30,000 to respond.

It's good to keep in mind that even simple interpretations take a lot of thought and time, and professional astrologers are paid. If someone here reads your chart, they're either practicing skills or doing an act of service. People naturally gravitate to questions and charts that resonate with them, personally, and so they answer the questions they enjoy answering. You got as many responses as most new posters get, which is two more than anyone owed you.

conspiracy theorist

Disappointed with the forum? Fortunately this website provides you with a 30 day warranty for any services that is not to your satisfaction.

gambit

There are also lots of love life questions on here that don't get answered. Not every question does. This is a learning forum. People read charts here for practice for themselves, not as a service. If you really want astrology service, that's what professional astrologers are for. If you're posting in this forum, you're offering your chart as a learning experience for others, and they may or may not take you up on that offer. If you get useful advice out of it, that's great, but that's a side benefit, not the purpose of the forum.

What change are you considering?

Thanks for replying. I appreciate what you are saying just seems love/relationship queries are flavour of the month. I don’t mind that people are practising if it helps.

I grew tired of the stress and pressure of being a lawyer. I feel like I could not go back to that life now. Let me just say now I don’t want to be a teacher. I feel like I want to be involved in something more meaningful such as making a change to the environment for the global good. I should say I’m not naturally inclined to work in care, spirtualism, therapy, healing etc as my sun sign suggests! I was thinking of a job that may also involve some travel for a change. I want to remain professional and use the skills I’ve developed in another area. in law i felt like every breathing second of my life was spent working or worrying about it and i no longer want to do that. It is important to me to be able to achieve a reasonably good salary in that regard. I dont like the idea of public speaking as do not feel confident enough.

Many thanks

gambit

Have you checked how many members this forum has? I'm sure you don't actually expect all ~30,000 to respond.

It's good to keep in mind that even simple interpretations take a lot of thought and time, and professional astrologers are paid. If someone here reads your chart, they're either practicing skills or doing an act of service. People naturally gravitate to questions and charts that resonate with them, personally, and so they answer the questions they enjoy answering. You got as many responses as most new posters get, which is two more than anyone owed you.

Of course dont expext everyone. It seems love/relationships attracts more interest (u can see for your self) but career is an equally important part of life. I did in fact ask if were any pros on here who could provide a detailed advixe for a reasonable fee but no one replied. Around the web the costs are astronomical imo.

Osamenor

Staff member

I did in fact ask if were any pros on here who could provide a detailed advixe for a reasonable fee but no one replied. Around the web the costs are astronomical imo.

It's against the rules to use this forum for paid astrology services. That may be why you got no response. Also depends on where you posted it.

There are some professional astrologers on here who link to their professional websites in their signatures, or have an ad for their service in the Advertising forum, or both. That's allowed, but to use their paid service, you must contact them about it outside the forum. If they're providing a link, it should include a way to reach them for readings.

The fact is, astrology costs money. It costs the astrologer a lot of time and effort. Like Witchy said, even a simple reading takes a lot of time and effort on the astrologer's part. It also cost the astrologer a lot of money, time, and effort to learn their trade in the first place. Astrologers have to make a living, and if they're making a living through astrology, payment for their services is their only source of income. It's not like it's supported by the state or insurance companies. For that reason, expect to pay about as much for an astrology session as for a therapy session, if not more. An astrologer is spending more time on you than the therapist's hour.

JUPITERASC

Of course dont expext everyone.
It seems love/relationships attracts more interest
(u can see for your self)
but career is an equally important part of life.
I did in fact ask if were any pros on here
who could provide a detailed advixe for a reasonable fee but no one replied.
Around the web the costs are astronomical imo.

Ours is an astrological learning forum :smile:
so
if you are interested to learn ways
of finding answers to your career question
the following is useful information
for anyone interested to learn

01-30-2011, 06:48 AM
BobZemco
user_offline.gif

Re: How to find your career in a chart
Quote:
Originally Posted by fushiafairy
I don't see any vocational stickies.

You have a good idea. As many times as I've looked in this forum I didn't notice that.

In traditional astrology,
we use Mercury, Venus and Mars
to determine someone's career
or profession.
The Midheaven in traditional astrology
represents the Native's Dignity, Honor
and Preferments.

In modern English, the MC is the Native's ego, status, ability to lead or command, the potential for advancement and promotion, and recognition or awards. So the MC only plays a role in one's career by setting the parameters.

As an example, someone's chart might have a heavy Mars influence, and so we might conclude (along with other factors) that the person is a leader, and then we look to the MC to tell us if this person will be the Chief Executive Officer of a major corporation or merely a low level floor manager at a restaurant or retail store, or perhaps a shop foreperson in an manufacturing facility.

It allows us to distinguish between a teacher, a headmaster and a university professor; between an amateur athlete, an Olympic athlete, a mediocre professional athlete and a professional athlete who receives top pay and many awards; between a street player, a musician in a local band, a studio musician, a mediocre professional musician and a musician who is nationally or world renown and has gold and platinum records/CDs.

After we make a determination for the Significator of Profession, which could be Mercury, Venus or Mars alone, or two of the three together, or even all three could be the Significators of Profession, we look so if we blend that with other Planets who are in aspect with the Significator, and then look to the MC.

One of the things you'll learn is that not everyone was intended to have a career or profession, and you can see that in the chart. What are those people to do? Well, the chart will tell you that too, meaning whether they're "homeless" or drift from menial job to menial job, or they're criminals or "professional students" or they don't have to work because they already have wealth or maybe they're house-wives/house-husbands or something like that.

We direct the MC using Right Ascension by Primary or Converse Motion (clock-wise/counter-clockwise) to see what happens. The aspects made to other Planets and Chart Points tells the story. You might get fired, laid off, promoted, get a new job, get huge raise, receive an award for something you did (and it may or may not be job-related -- it could be a civic award or something as part of social group you belong to).

There's another method popularized by modern astrologer Noel Tyl, called the Midheaven Extension Method, but it requires sound knowledge of traditional astrology concepts, because it is heavily dependent on things like Dispositors, Peregrine Planets, Mutual Reception, Reception, Oriental/Occidental Planets etc. There is no way to use his method without understanding those things. He uses modern concepts like the Aries/Libra Points and Midpoints as well. It also poses some problems for the reincarnation/past-life/karma/soul-mate/alien/channeling/astral body crowd, because if they cannot divorce themselves from that kind of bizarre thinking they'll never interpret the Nodes correctly (and the Nodes are important).

It'll take me a while, but I'll try to post some charts using the traditional methods and maybe try to get into Noel Tyl's method (I think he charges $400 or Euros or whatever).

JUPITERASC

Thanks for replying. I appreciate what you are saying just seems love/relationship queries are flavour of the month. I don’t mind that people are practising if it helps.

I grew tired of the stress and pressure of being a lawyer. I feel like I could not go back to that life now. Let me just say now I don’t want to be a teacher. I feel like I want to be involved in something more meaningful such as making a change to the environment for the global good. I should say I’m not naturally inclined to work in care, spirtualism, therapy, healing etc as my sun sign suggests! I was thinking of a job that may also involve some travel for a change. I want to remain professional and use the skills I’ve developed in another area. in law i felt like every breathing second of my life was spent working or worrying about it and i no longer want to do that. It is important to me to be able to achieve a reasonably good salary in that regard. I dont like the idea of public speaking as do not feel confident enough.

Many thanks
the following is in the public domain

THE dominion of the employment, or profession, is claimed in two quarters;
viz. by the Sun,
and
by the sign on the mid-heaven.

It is, therefore, necessary to observe
whether any planet may be making its oriental appearance nearest to the Sun, 1
and whether any be posited in the mid-heaven;
especially, when also receiving the application of the Moon :smile:

And if one and the same planet possess both these qualifications, that is to say,
make its nearest appearance to the Sun,
and be also in the mid-heaven,
that one alone must be elected to determine the present inquiry:
and, likewise,
though the planet should not be thus doubly qualified, but only singly, in whichever respect,
even then
that planet alone
must still be elected
provided itself alone should possess such single qualification.

If, however, there should be one planet presenting its nearest appearance,
and another in the mid-heaven conciliating the Moon,
both must then be noticed;
and whichever of two may have greater sway,
and possess greater rights of dominion, that one must be preferred.

But where not any planet may be found so situated,
neither making its appearance as above described,
nor being in the mid-heaven,
then that one, possessing the dominion of the mid-heaven, 2
is to be considered as lord of the employment

THE QUALITY OF EMPLOYMENT http://www.sacred-texts.com/astro/ptb/ptb67.htm

kshantaram

Premium Member

Please can everyone offer advice on career steps ? I have attached my chart.

Am considering making a big change from having practised law for the last ten years and really need help.

I am no expert with astrology and relatively sceptical, but feels if I can be persuaded to believe in it
having done some browsing regarding my birth chart.
However I need more specific advice from trained eyes please.

Best regard

reposted for ready reference :

hope various emerging suggestions based on the chart and the planetary placements,
help reflect, adapt, integrate; non-legal opportunities,
while could adapt to the legal profession too.
could share salient points how inclined or not inclined at all,
considering traits-talents, how true-insightful-prospective :

ascendant lord moon libra 5th,
teacher-counselor, public relations aptitudes;

jupiter-saturn elevated libra 4th,
economics-real estate, advisory services, research;

jup lord 10th for career; and sat lord 9th for luck;
jup lord 6th with aptitude for law-medicine etc;

sun-mars-mercury-venus 9th,
literary-oratory-astro and management aptitudes;

retrograde mercury
better at written communications, journalism, etc
whether inclined to corporate-govt advisory roles;

mars 9th, spirituality through service to mankind,
say community services/support; NGO Management;

taurus-venus 11th inimical-malefic for cancer ascendant,
stress-delays in income-gains-friendships-relationship;

inimical venus over acq 9th, stress-delays in luck-edu-travels,
while seeking splendor in life;
artistic aptitudes - dance, electronics, etc;

mer-inimical venus over acquarius, reformist;
prone to kidney stones;

rahu North Node leo 2nd, earnings through foreign sources;
currenty rahu transit natal rahu; rahu leo - high self-pride;

sat now 2.5yr transit own cap 6th good for health-employment,
event management, etc

sat capricorn elevated aspect over jup-sat libra 4th
good for property matters;

jup sooner moving to own sagittarius 6th Nov 018,
good for health-employment, law-medicine, reconciliation, etc;

jup sag trine aries 11th supportive of income-gains;
trine leo 2nd supportive of family-finances;

any traits-talents-ideas to pick and develop, adapt-integrate,
step by step into the future plans,

wishing well, kshantaram

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
When you say "make a change to the environment for the global good," what do you mean? What kind of change? How would you make it? How do you envision that helping the global good?

Your chart is very Jupiterian: Jupiter-ruled sun, MC; ninth house emphasized; Jupiter itself conjunct Saturn in Libra (balance, discipline, law). Definitely a strong chart for a legal career--no accident at all that law was your initial career choice. Doesn't mean law has to be your only career choice, but if you choose another career, it, too, would naturally have something Jupiterian about it.

With Jupiter in Libra, it's natural that you want to create balance and harmony, improve the world in some way. That's very much a Libra thing to do. In Pisces, I see a strong idealist, and it sounds like you are one. Pisces doesn't necessarily have to be mystical, spiritual, or a healer, although it can be. And, if you want to do something for the global good, then in a way, you do want to be a healer. Just perhaps not the medical kind or the therapy kind.

Pisces is also the great dissolver of boundaries, borders. When you speak of the global good, you're tapping into your Pisces energy. In that light, anything you might do for the global good would be Piscean, and highly suitable to your chart.

Cypocryphy

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but since you have become keen on astrology, it would be in your best interest to have a professional rectify your chart to alleviate the confusion. It can be a lengthy process, but in your case, since you've narrowed it within two hours, it might not be so involved. Nevertheless, I recommend this as your questions regarding yourself and your chart will change as you progress in time. Because of this, a rectified chart would be extremely helpful in your case, in my opinion.

All the best,
C.

gambit

the following is in the public domain

THE dominion of the employment, or profession, is claimed in two quarters;
viz. by the Sun,
and
by the sign on the mid-heaven.

It is, therefore, necessary to observe
whether any planet may be making its oriental appearance nearest to the Sun, 1
and whether any be posited in the mid-heaven;
especially, when also receiving the application of the Moon :smile:

And if one and the same planet possess both these qualifications, that is to say,
make its nearest appearance to the Sun,
and be also in the mid-heaven,
that one alone must be elected to determine the present inquiry:
and, likewise,
though the planet should not be thus doubly qualified, but only singly, in whichever respect,
even then
that planet alone
must still be elected
provided itself alone should possess such single qualification.

If, however, there should be one planet presenting its nearest appearance,
and another in the mid-heaven conciliating the Moon,
both must then be noticed;
and whichever of two may have greater sway,
and possess greater rights of dominion, that one must be preferred.

But where not any planet may be found so situated,
neither making its appearance as above described,
nor being in the mid-heaven,
then that one, possessing the dominion of the mid-heaven, 2
is to be considered as lord of the employment

THE QUALITY OF EMPLOYMENT http://www.sacred-texts.com/astro/ptb/ptb67.htm

Thanks Jupiterasc,

Re your posts - these were pretty heavy reading even by my standards and a lot of it has gone over my head. Appreciate it might be for practising astrologers, rather than me at this stage. Would you be able to cast your eyes on my chart?
Many thanks

gambit

When you say "make a change to the environment for the global good," what do you mean? What kind of change? How would you make it? How do you envision that helping the global good?

Your chart is very Jupiterian: Jupiter-ruled sun, MC; ninth house emphasized; Jupiter itself conjunct Saturn in Libra (balance, discipline, law). Definitely a strong chart for a legal career--no accident at all that law was your initial career choice. Doesn't mean law has to be your only career choice, but if you choose another career, it, too, would naturally have something Jupiterian about it.

With Jupiter in Libra, it's natural that you want to create balance and harmony, improve the world in some way. That's very much a Libra thing to do. In Pisces, I see a strong idealist, and it sounds like you are one. Pisces doesn't necessarily have to be mystical, spiritual, or a healer, although it can be. And, if you want to do something for the global good, then in a way, you do want to be a healer. Just perhaps not the medical kind or the therapy kind.

Pisces is also the great dissolver of boundaries, borders. When you speak of the global good, you're tapping into your Pisces energy. In that light, anything you might do for the global good would be Piscean, and highly suitable to your chart.

Thanks for this - what I’d say is I have some sort of yearn to use my professional abilities in doing something more meaningful. When I think of the environment I think about all the harm caused by pollution as of late particularly the whole plastics in the ocean at the moment. What could I do about it and get paid? That is the burning question. I read somewhere else I may be ambitious and driven, but lack practicality to know how to do it. I was thinking of trying to work for lobbyists who bring policy change on a national level. In terms of staying in law moving away from a traditional lawyer role I thought about perhaps trying to work as a mediator. I think it’s important i can travel a little bit and be more actice in any new job because i was sick of being chained to a desk most of the time.

As a complete aside, I thought I should mention what if I was to have clean slate so clean break. What interests do I have etc? I constantly invent things in my mind like diy inventions, kitchen utensils or just about anything. I even invent film or TV series ideas that I think people would really love. If what I thought of was extremely good idea that could make money I would further with it, but only then. Then again I don’t have a business head so that all stops there.

I do like writing and I once started to write a book with a very contemporary theme that I think people would be interested in. I just stopped however and never returned. When I was a child up to teens my favourite subject in all honesty was drama/performing acts. I did very well at it and people said I had a natural ability. That too I suddenly stopped when I was beginning to make some progess towards taking it up professionaly.

After this time I grew very confused. I don’t know how to explain it but I being persuaded to do things i thought would be good/interesting i first embarked on an engineering course which ultimately i did not have the mathematical ability for. Not to mention it was boring as hell. To get back to a better grounding i changed my course to psychology (being a subject i studied in my teens). Academically I found it interesting and I really excellled at it finishing one of the top performers on my course. But then I really didn’t want to do this professionally- I didn’t have that yearning to help people with their emotional problems everyday. It would be too taxing for me I guessed and I also guess I just didnt care enough. At the same time I had no desire to be some big shot academic either. I certainly do not want to teach.

My brother then persuaded me to convert my qualificaltion into a law one, which despite being extremely intense and tough i managed to do. Then with the financial crisis in 2008 and everything against me I battled on however in the legal sector and managed to qualify and prctise law. As time passed I grew more and more dislike towards my job and profession that I just wanted away from it totally. Thats where I am.

Sorry for being long, just thought this would help. Thank you for your time!

gambit

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but since you have become keen on astrology, it would be in your best interest to have a professional rectify your chart to alleviate the confusion. It can be a lengthy process, but in your case, since you've narrowed it within two hours, it might not be so involved. Nevertheless, I recommend this as your questions regarding yourself and your chart will change as you progress in time. Because of this, a rectified chart would be extremely helpful in your case, in my opinion.

All the best,
C.

Hi,

Thanks for this.

I’m not sure why it needs rectifying. I discussed the birth time with parents and this is the most accurate time. The chart created should now be correct. I’m not sure why but this thread appears to have been joined up to a previous one and I think its causing confusion - please can it be undone.

I created a new thread with this correct chart . It was to avoid this confusion.

JUPITERASC

Thanks Jupiterasc,
Re your posts - these were pretty heavy reading
even by my standards and a lot of it has gone over my head.
Appreciate it might be for practising astrologers, rather than
me at this stage.
Would you be able to cast your eyes on my chart?
Many thanks
The information is there
if to you it seems "pretty heavy reading"
then that's because you are not familiar with METHOD
also
any delineation I may write could be "pretty heavy reading" as well
and so
read and study the info
when you have time :smile:

JUPITERASC

Hi,
Thanks for this.
I’m not sure why it needs rectifying.
I discussed the birth time with parents
and this is the most accurate time.
The chart created should now be correct.
I’m not sure why but this thread
appears to have been joined up to a previous one
and I think its causing confusion - please can it be undone.
I created a new thread with this correct chart .
It was to avoid this confusion.
Only moderators are able to merge threads :smile:

it seems a moderator has merged your two threads
and if you pm the moderators
they would be able to explain to you why they merged the threads

waybread

Gambit, I've read your posts and took another look at your chart.

It's fairly common on an astrology forum for people to feel at sea about their ideal career. Then no matter what the other forum members suggest, none of the proposed careers really resonate with the querent. Possibly there's an elusive yet-to-be-discovered career out there, but the more I read this type of thread, the more I think there's something else going on. I think it has to do with the sun.

Basically, we all want a career that fits our sense-of-self like a hand-in-glove. We want to feel that the career is an extension of who we are. Well, that identity point in the horoscope is the sun.

With sun square Uranus, however, either (a)your sense of identity is constntly getting disrupted, or (b) you've internalized enough of Uranus's iconoclastic nature that it's easy to feel straight-jacketed by the normal world of work. Maybe both. Uranus rules sudden change that makes a break with the past, and with the status quo.

When this happens, it may be best to acknowledge that you could wonder about your ideal profession for the rest of your life. In the meantime, it is possible to find a job that pays the bills and holds your interest, while pinning that sense-of-self on another activity, like a volunteer commitment or serious hobby.

As I read through your list of discarded career goals, it seemed to me that each of them has multiple potentials, not just the one you didn't like. Many psychologists do not go into clinical practice, just as many lawyers do not go into law firms. While you'd certainly have the skills to go into mediation, it does deal extensively with people's problems. Just that you're not advocating for one side of the other.

Had you thought of a field like environmental law, where you would work for a NGO, a land management government agency, or a company?

The other possibility, if your home situation is secure whether or not you bring home a paycheck, is volunteering your services to a non-profit society like an environmental organization, where your background would be an asset, but you wouldn't feel chained to a desk. Working on plastic waste at sea would also draw upon your 9th house Pisces sun, incidentally.

jac

As a casual observer who ocassionally throws in if someone seems to genuinely need help, I thought you might want to see my interpretation of your plea. Perhaps it will even help you frame your reality more clearly than responses from disciplined astrologers who sacrificed decades for a grasp of the Art.

I am actually a sceptic of astrology, given my background in law-!? Reads: "I'm better than all of you, but will acquiesce to putting you through paces for my amusement. I may be(t) persuaded to believe.. "indulge me".

I'm not crazy about helping other people prerequisite for law.

I was very into acting and was extremely good at it "I'm a STAR."
without being big headed Clearly a sacrifice.

it just sort of came to me naturally. No kidding, little kids do it. "acting" is pretending, only because of a corrupt industry have we deified this silly profession.

Often I regret not having taking it further because I do think had the ability. Anyone can do this, you have sour grapes because you think you missed your vocation. Would you have been willing to put-out on the casting couch? Because that IS the "entertainment industry", ALL of it. It also sounds like you weren't attractive enough, and that pisses you off.

and then of all things qualified in law! This would suggest I was like a pisces MC! WHY??

aquarius MC. Aquarius is humanitarian, you already discounted that. Aq is also flashes of brilliance, insight. You have too many Uranus squares for this to be anything than dreams or delusion (Neptune's worst effect on Pisces). Most Aquarians, even given their perverse nature, aren't given to indulgent vanity.

whole plastics in the oceans thing "Spoken like a true scientist".
I wouldn't mind actually working You actually wrote this.

Is it all possible to be a mix of MCs? No you're confusing yourself.
I hope not this will make my life a lot harder. You have too much leisure as it is.

I do think my parents are not being entirely precise
My mother gave a two hour window! It's all their fault, how dare she spend so much time in labor!

I do not want to be a teacher! Not enough money, not enough ego gratification.

Law isn't panning out for you. Time to hit the bricks and find out what you can actually do. I don't think you're having a crisis, you're just angry.

waybread

Wow, Jac! Where have you been all this time? ! I sometimes put a lot of thought into career threads, only to feel later like we were all being played. Maybe not intentionally by the querent, but because s/he has a certain operating mode to justify unemployment, and also appreciates the extra attention.

But your comments on acting made me recall that acting ability is extremely useful in any career that requires the individual to speak to a group. Not only teaching, but courtroom lawyers, or environmentalists speaking at public hearings, for example. Most people don't make it professionally as actors, as you noted, but learning acting skills comes in handy in any kind of presentation or public speaking.