Chiron aspects

badwolf

Ah, so, asking about Chiron probably means one thing - yes, I need to heal myself.... just wanted to ask for some more info about the aspects. Well, anyone's opinions.

I have chiron just in my 6th house. It is retrograde, I am not sure if that effects anything for chiron. 6th house so it is more to do with how one works, daily tasks... from what I have read. Some things are a bit confusing about chiron in the 6th. I have also read it indicates healing skills... which, is true for me... except I do often do that at the expense of myself, trying to make others happy.... an unhealthy amount. Also trying to be perfect... I think that relates to the 6th house.

...Aspects. Opposite saturn, so having a... difficult relationship with my father... yes, definitely. Feel... restricted. A lot. It is trine Pluto, to do with healing through transformation or maybe loss.
Trine mercury, which is the strongest I think in my chart... I read gives more healing... skills. An old soul feeling... ha, that fits. I'm not sure how all these relate though.
I feel kinda... empty sometimes. Lost... I don't know if it relates to chiron. I am in a... relationship that is destructive in a way. Go through hurting, then healing, stuck in a cycle. I do love her... I feel I should let go sometimes... but I keep staying, going back... just hate hurting people. It is making me sick. Ah, 6th house - it is to do with health to somewhat, isn't it? Sometimes I do feel... quite worthless... useless in a way. Often at the moment. Ugh... Silly I am.

Anyway, Chiron is an interesting asteroid... How much significance do you think it has is a persons chart? I am not sure how orbs work, and I do know some of those aspects in my chart may not be very... strong.

Thanks for any help;)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 31

Claire19

We are not sure of the nature of Chiron, it may well be a planetoid or even a comet. It is supposed to deal with our wounds which we cant heal ourselves but need others to do that. We can heal others with the same kind of wound as we understand it. This is the myth as I have read it. I use it sometimes but only as an adjunct and it does not in my opinion have the status of a major planet. The orbs are tight, no more than two degrees. I dont have any aspects with mine except to the North node so I am no expert.

The jury is out.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Badwolf,
In Natal astrology I do take Chiron into account.When I first started reading about Chiron, I was reluctant to include it.It seemed to me to be too mythologised and I couldn't find definitions of it that resonated with me or the charts I was working on.
I have Chiron in my first house.It wasn't until a Jungian therapist drew my attention to it and how it played out in my chart that I took it seriously.
So glad I did. My chart makes a lot more sense to me now because of that extra knowledge.
In your case, Chiron is in h6, pretty much unaspected.I'd say that opposition to Saturn is very wide but if you can see an effect from that we may have to reconsider the orbs we allow for Chiron aspects.I'm open to that possibility.
It's in the sign of Cancer so relates very much to cancerian issues-h4.It's in the moon's sign so we look at your moon and see its in h7 with an applying square to Mars in h4-the house which cancer is usually associated with-the house that rules Fathers, lands, outcomes, your ancestral roots.
The Father stuff may in fact come from the moon's square to mars IN h4..it can be seen in a chart in a few ways.
House six also deals with our illnesses.Having Chiron there *could* indicate illnesses that come under the moon's rulership, but I tend to think having Chiron there would have to bring your attention to the issue of healing.Maybe as part of your daily routines or worklife.
Cheers
Lilly

badwolf

I am not sure how accurate this description of this aspect is - It does seem to sum up me. Especially the self-limitation... hah, feel like I need to get out of this country to break free) Well... I want to travel anyway, that is in other parts of my chart. And the approval part too. Mostly relating to pressure, perceived or not from my father... mars is also a singleton so that would too have an effect on home life, being the the fourth house. Maybe you are right, and it isn't this aspect.

"Saturn opposition Chiron pits self-limitation and structure against the pain of our psychological wounds. Essentially, we are either locking ourselves up in a straitjacket of responsibilities or we suffer pain and frustration related to repeated negative patterns. These patterns may have first been revealed in the relationship to the father or other parental or authority figure. However, the stiff upper lip approach to these issues is not going to bring resolution. People with this aspect will suffer much self-limitation and be unable to show their true nature until they confront their pain and deal with it. This will take time and effort, and will probably be difficult and frightening as it involves letting go of the security of control represented by Saturn. These people have to be willing to risk the disapproval of others (particularly the disapproval of the father or inner father image). Ironically, until they do this they will generally fall short of that approval despite their attempts to please due to the undermining effects of Chiron wounds." (http://www.astrologynotes.com/wiki/Saturn_opposition_Chiron)

Kannon

Ah, so, asking about Chiron probably means one thing - yes, I need to heal myself.... just wanted to ask for some more info about the aspects. Well, anyone's opinions.

I have chiron just in my 6th house. It is retrograde, I am not sure if that effects anything for chiron. 6th house so it is more to do with how one works, daily tasks... from what I have read. Some things are a bit confusing about chiron in the 6th. I have also read it indicates healing skills... which, is true for me... except I do often do that at the expense of myself, trying to make others happy.... an unhealthy amount. Also trying to be perfect... I think that relates to the 6th house.

...Aspects. Opposite saturn, so having a... difficult relationship with my father... yes, definitely. Feel... restricted. A lot. It is trine Pluto, to do with healing through transformation or maybe loss.
Trine mercury, which is the strongest I think in my chart... I read gives more healing... skills. An old soul feeling... ha, that fits. I'm not sure how all these relate though.
I feel kinda... empty sometimes. Lost... I don't know if it relates to chiron. I am in a... relationship that is destructive in a way. Go through hurting, then healing, stuck in a cycle. I do love her... I feel I should let go sometimes... but I keep staying, going back... just hate hurting people. It is making me sick. Ah, 6th house - it is to do with health to somewhat, isn't it? Sometimes I do feel... quite worthless... useless in a way. Often at the moment. Ugh... Silly I am.

Anyway, Chiron is an interesting asteroid... How much significance do you think it has is a persons chart? I am not sure how orbs work, and I do know some of those aspects in my chart may not be very... strong.

Thanks for any help;)

Chiron is not as significant as planets, but the mythology is clear. I suggest that you look up the myth and read it yourself. I was born when Chiron was parallel the Asc. I am a healer, but I did not show that ability early in life. It came through difficulty. That's how Chiron works, personal wounds, especially physical difficulties and rejections, make healing and wholeness relevant to you. Most people just want to fix something and get back to the routine.

Chiron does have significance to so many people in the first world because its discovery (1977) accompanied the self-help/improvement movement. Chiron's central message may be: to be a healer you do not have to heal yourself completely. Healing yourself does NOT mean fixing supposed flaws. It means the intention to be part of the healing process.

Chiron's symbol the key shows how we unlock the potential of the Soul, represented by those transpersonal planets, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. The potential of the Soul is what cannot be boxed into preconceived notions or human conventions. It is even difficult to put it into language.

Chiron is a bridgebetween Saturn which describes the reach of material consciousness and conventional thinking, and Uranus, the first of the transcendents/transpersonals dealing with energy that can be known but not differentiated from "background (radiation)" by the average person. (Uranus is visible to the naked eye, just barely, but undifferentiated from background starts by eyesight unaided by telescopes).

Your Chiron process will get you into your power and help you shed ego. It makes great use of any pain or disappointment you've ever experienced in order to show you that you are not defined by any of these things, but actually allowed them, being only transient anyway. It opens the door to shamanic consciousness, which is wholistic, not seeing any division between body and Soul.

Vagabondgirl

Im also a bit interested in chiron and its energy.

In my own natal chart I have chiron in the first in an almost exact opposition to uranus in the 7th. Also Ive felt that there have been strange coincidences happening to me when it comes to electrical things that one cant really explain.

I found some interesting stuff from:
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006805.html

"Chiron was opposite Uranus a few times from 1951 to 1989. This is an aspect of ferocious intensity which either bums the native out or pushes him or her to great transmutative levels. Drugs are a grave danger to this native, especially cocaine or psychedelic substances. Of eleven clients with this aspect, four seem to be hopelessly lost to drug addiction. Chart 8, a Hermetic teacher, has Chiron opposite Uranus, and this woman's skill with electrical body readjustment is great. The spiritual healer of Chart 2 is showing great powers with this aspect at an early age. The physician of Chart 21 is doing research to measure kundalini energy coursing through the body. Chart 41 belongs to a young artist who has been struggling to balance Chiron opposite Jupiter/Uranus/Mars. He is a person of remarkable awareness at a very early age. Chart 45 is of a glass blower who creates amazing spiraling forms of color within clear glass. It would seem that his fluid Uranian contact transmutes itself into bizarre manipulations of the physical plane.
The oppositions have been having a potent effect for a long time now. Observing the last five or six exact oppositions, l noticed that the accident rate increases, especially for airplanes..."

By the way... What is the orb allowance for chiron?

badwolf

Hmm, so it is more about living with them, accepting yourself... yeah, and learning to cope. :smile: But that could, of course, be different for different people.

R4VEN

badwolf, I agree with EJ53 in that Chiron wounds are about the process of helping others to heal themselves (and this will often be an unconscious process) - which needs to be the principle of healing - rather than expecting to reach a state of being wound-free. We are human, and this is a state in which we are continually being wounded, if only unconsiously. IMO being wound-free = being dead.

In looking at your chart, I believe that your greatest `wound' - for want of a better term - may be held inside that Yod between Jupiter, Mars and Neptune. That is a difficult Yod to have, although your conjunctions to Neptune, plus Neptune's trine to your Moon may be part of the reason you can heal others. There may be a real sense of feeling `alone in the world' with this Yod. That Yod can lead you to feeling a lot of frustration, disconnection and even a sense that you have poor timing (you don't!) in your life.

And Chiron in 6th house Rx is about being able to help others heal, especially when the wounds are physical in manifestation......... while they may be non-physical in origin. I think the idea is that you have some abilities with which you were born. As Kannon intimated, these abilities will emerge as needed.

badwolf

There may be a real sense of feeling `alone in the world' with this Yod. That Yod can lead you to feeling a lot of frustration, disconnection and even a sense that you have poor timing (you don't!) in your life.

Yes! I've been trying to work out what aspects have been making me feel like that.

Thanks, I understand Chiron quite a bit more now.