Yod in natal and 5th harmonic

badwolf

I'm still learning, don't know a lot about astrology yet, but I have been looking at harmonics and noticed that I have a yod in my 5th harmonic chart with neptune as the apex. I also have a yod with neptune as the apex in my natal chart. I don't know if it is significant, so that is what I just wanted to know.

It is a yod, isn't it? I'm quite sure it is...

Attachments

• 5th harmonic.jpg
    5th harmonic.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 32
  • astro_2ast_01_matthew_he.13492.12262.jpg
    astro_2ast_01_matthew_he.13492.12262.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

freedomlover

I'm still learning, don't know a lot about astrology yet, but I have been looking at harmonics and noticed that I have a yod in my 5th harmonic chart with neptune as the apex. I also have a yod with neptune as the apex in my natal chart. I don't know if it is significant, so that is what I just wanted to know.

It is a yod, isn't it? I'm quite sure it is...

I took a quick peek at your 5th harmonic. Granted I know very little about harmonic charts. You do have a yod between your Mercury and Ascendant, pointed at Neptune However it is the kite that jumped out at me. The way I would interpret it is this:

Grand trine with Asc 2' Libra, Jup/Ur conjunct at 4'/5' Aquarius/5th house, Sun 2'Gemini, cusp of 9th conjunct NN 6' Gemini.

Mercury 0' Leo at the point of the Kite.

This seems to be saying that you need to regard children as your teachers as well as those you teach. It is also critical that you heal your inner child if you were not regarded as a teacher, as well as one who is taught - if you were treated as if you had nothing important to say. ( And if you are like probably 99% of the population, you probably were.)

One other thing... I thought harmonic charts just showed the same planets in a different arrangement. This chart has Neptune in Pisces and Pluto in Taurus.... How old are you??? :confused:

EJ53

Banned
...I have been looking at harmonics and noticed that I have a yod in my 5th harmonic chart with neptune as the apex...
The orbs usually applied in harmonics are based on 12 degrees for the conjunction, with this then being divided by the harmonic number to get the allowable orb for that harmonic......thus, 12/1=12 for conjunction (H1) : 12/2=6 for opposition (H2) : 12/3=4 for trine (H3) : 12/4=3 for square (H4) : 12/5=2.4 for quintile (H5) : 12/6=2 for sextile (H6)...and so on.

Hence, the qcxs from Neptune to Mercury and Asc in your 5th Harmonic Chart (5H) are valid only if they have an orb of less than 1.0 degrees...(qcx is 5/12ths of the circle...12/12=1.0 for duodecile)......So, since Mercury/Neptune is "outside the allowable orb" for a qcx, there is no Yod configuration in this chart.

...I have a yod with neptune as the apex in my natal chart. I don't know if it is significant, so that is what I just wanted to know.
This one is a yod....The Mars/Jupiter sextile is within 2 degrees, the Jupiter/Neptune qcx is within 1 degree and the Mars/Neptune qcx is close enough to 1 degree to be acceptable (imo).

It also is significant, because it indicates that your (Mars in Gemini/4th) communication and (Jupiter in Leo/6th) leadership skills can enable you to contribute in groups (11th) working towards the social reforms that the generation born with Neptune conjunct Uranus in Capricorn is (astrologically) expected to achieve.

[Edit : Freedom Lover posted her comments whilst I was drafting mine......but, our views differ only insofar as the size of the allowable orbs.....So if what she says feels as though it applies to you BW, then it probably does (since wider orbs would then be valid)].

-

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
...I thought harmonic charts just showed the same planets in a different arrangement. This chart has Neptune in Pisces and Pluto in Taurus....
The zodiac signs and houses are not valid in this kind of 5th Harmonic Chart, FL.....It's purpose is only to highlight the 5H "planet-to-planet" and "planet to angles/NN" relationships, which are then interpreted in the context of their real/valid zodiac and house positions in the natal chart.

Thus, the 5H Kite formation reveals that Jupiter/Uranus/Sun/Mercury/Asc work well together on 5H matters......(indicating a talent for thinking creatively, whereas (say) 4H would indicate a talent for action of some kind)......but this would still "play out" in the context of the signs/houses of those planets/Asc in the natal chart.

[Edit : I've just remembered that there is now a branch of Harmonic Astrology that treats the Harmonic Chart as revealing detailed insights to to the the same numbered zodiac house (ie. 5H = 5th house)....And this branch regards the signs & houses of the harmonic chart as meaningful, with the chart being interpreted in the same way as a normal natal chart...So, all of my earlier comments on this thread will be very confusing for those following that particular approach to Harmonic Astrology.]

-

Last edited:

freedomlover

The zodiac signs and houses are not valid in this kind of 5th Harmonic Chart, FL.....It's purpose is only to highlight the 5H "planet-to-planet" and "planet to angles/NN" relationships, which are then interpreted in the context of their real/valid zodiac and house positions in the natal chart.

Thus, the 5H Kite formation reveals that Jupiter/Uranus/Sun/Mercury/Asc work well together on 5H matters......(indicating a talent for thinking creatively, whereas (say) 4H would indicate a talent for action of some kind)......but this would still "play out" in the context of the signs/houses of those planets/Asc in the natal chart.

[Edit : I've just remembered that there is now a branch of Harmonic Astrology that treats the Harmonic Chart as revealing detailed insights to to the the same numbered zodiac house (ie. 5H = 5th house)....And this branch regards the signs & houses of the harmonic chart as meaningful, with the chart being interpreted in the same way as a normal natal chart...So, all of my earlier comments on this thread will be very confusing for those following that particular approach to Harmonic Astrology.]

-

Thank you so much for explaining that, EJ. It really had my head going "tilt". Referring to your "edit"... does astro.com use this method? I could have sworn that their harmonic charts just rearranged the planets in your natal chart. But then, again, their "9 harmonic charts" on one page are so tiny, it's really hard to tell what they say. LOL. Do you know of any way to get them to show one at a time on astro.com? ( you - EJ, or anyone else, that wants to answer)

EJ53

Banned
...Do you know of any way to get them to show one at a time on astro.com?
As Deanye says, FL......From "extended chart selection" on astro.com...select chart type "Harmonic chart (day -> harmonic number").....input your birth data as first person...Then, under "Options", enter the Harmonic Chart number required as the day in the "start date for charts marked with*"....Thus, 3rd April 2010 will produce 3rd Harmonic Chart (H3), 5th April 2010 = H5 and so on up to 30th April = H30.

...does astro.com use the method in your edit? I could have sworn that their harmonic charts just rearranged the planets in your natal chart. But then, again, their "9 harmonic charts" on one page are so tiny, it's really hard to tell what they say.
The 9 harmonic charts that they produce are H2-H10, which you can produce one at a time using the "Harmonic chart (day-> harmonic number") as outlined above.

The calculation/drawing of each Harmonic Chart is always the same...What changes is how the chart is used/interpreted...
...So, I would use (say) the 5H chart only to identify the natal planets that work with (and/or against) each other in making the individual more (or less) "creative" (and then go back to the natal chart to interpret how they might do so)......But the Harmonic Astrology referred to in my edit would use the same 5H chart to analyse the individual's 5th house activities, using natal orbs/interpretations and regarding the signs+houses as being meaningful.

Hope this is clear, FL......but the confusion really stems from both of these very different uses of harmonic charts now being referred to as "Harmonic Astrology".:andy:

EJ:)

Last edited: